PDA

View Full Version : La Grange @ Gonzales

Pudlugger
10-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Well fasten your seat belts folks as D26 kicks off with a real smash mouth match up between two powerful offenses and hopes for a clean run towards a district championship. Gonzales 4-1 has victories over teams with a combined record of 4-20 with 1 loss to 4a Bastrop (2-3). La Grange is 4-0 with wins over teams with a combined record of 5-15 with a win over 4a Marble Falls(2-3) and 3a Columbus(3-1). Maxpreps ranks La Grange @ 11 in 3a and Gonzales @ 83. Rankings go out the window in this game though as the Apaches are better than #83 and always tough for LG in Gonzales. The big question for La Grange is can their defense contain the Apache running game and deny the big Gonzales O line control of the line of scrimmage? My gut tells me that the Apaches will run right at the Leps and challenge the defense to stop them. The Leps have acquitted themselves pretty well against the run especially Columbus with the Cardinals only scoring on a long pass and punt return. Gonzales has a very powerful offensive line and the Leps somewhat small front 4 will need to rely on their quickness and stunting to counter. The Lep offense will put up good points, probably 30+. The challenge will be the defense getting at least 2-3 stops. My prediction: Leps by a td in a high scoring game.

hookandladder
10-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Thinking about a good old fashion Tailgate for this one, think the Motorhomes will be hitting the road to Gonzales. I like my Leps in this one, to much offense for the Apaches and the D will bend but not break to bad. More Tailgating info. to come later in the week, Leps by 2 TD's.

Pudlugger
10-05-2013, 10:41 AM
:2thumbsup

See you there hook!

YTBulldogs
10-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Too close to call. Will not be a 2 TD's spead either way IMO.

speedbump
10-05-2013, 12:55 PM
No contest here. Leps 38- 17

Blue42
10-05-2013, 01:08 PM
I'll go with LaGrange and leave it at that.

bd62
10-05-2013, 05:36 PM
This game will be well worth price of admission .
Gonzales is tough at home but Lagrange has had tougher
Schedule and that will help them. Winner has good shot at Dist Champ
Cuero-Giddings will be a good one.Yoakum should beat Smithville but
Tend to play at level of opponent.

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 08:43 AM
This game will be well worth price of admission .
Gonzales is tough at home but Lagrange has had tougher
Schedule and that will help them. Winner has good shot at Dist Champ
Cuero-Giddings will be a good one.Yoakum should beat Smithville but
Tend to play at level of opponent.

bd, I know GZ and LG are good. But, neither has played anyone yet (GZ has played: East, Bastrop, Lanier, College Station, Sam Hou) to prove it. So, not sure claiming someone has played the tougher schedule (LG has played: MF, Columbus, Royal, Canyon Lake and Needville was cancelled) is right IMO. They are about to play a tough opponent however, this Friday. We all knew coming into this season, these two probably were the favorites to claim the D26 title. Winner for sure has a leg up on that.

iFootball
10-06-2013, 09:54 AM
After last season I don't think there is a clear favorite. Top 3 preseason did not end up top 3. Every team will have to bring its best game to get out of this district. I think LaGrange will beat the Apaches in a close contest.

Pudlugger
10-06-2013, 10:46 AM
bd, I know GZ and LG are good. But, neither has played anyone yet (GZ has played: East, Bastrop, Lanier, College Station, Sam Hou) to prove it. So, not sure claiming someone has played the tougher schedule (LG has played: MF, Columbus, Royal, Canyon Lake and Needville was cancelled) is right IMO. They are about to play a tough opponent however, this Friday. We all knew coming into this season, these two probably were the favorites to claim the D26 title. Winner for sure has a leg up on that.

LG beat 2-4 4a MF who beat Burnet and beat Columbus who beat Bellville. GZ lost to 2-4 4a Bastrop and everyone else they beat have beaten no one. LG definitely has strength of schedule over GZ for what its worth.

GU_81
10-06-2013, 12:19 PM
After last season I don't think there is a clear favorite. Top 3 preseason did not end up top 3. Every team will have to bring its best game to get out of this district. I think LaGrange will beat the Apaches in a close contest.

I agree. The only thing we do know is district play is finally here and every team has a shot!

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 12:33 PM
LG beat 2-4 4a MF who beat Burnet and beat Columbus who beat Bellville. GZ lost to 2-4 4a Bastrop and everyone else they beat have beaten no one. LG definitely has strength of schedule over GZ for what its worth.

Ok LG. But, u missed my intended point. I was pointing out, GZ will be ya'lls toughest opponent to date, and ya'll will be theirs. That's all. Good luck.

Pudlugger
10-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Ok LG. But, u missed my intended point. I was pointing out, GZ will be ya'lls toughest opponent to date, and ya'll will be theirs. That's all. Good luck.

I get it and agree.

Blue42
10-06-2013, 02:26 PM
I would not be surprised if LaGrange wins by 3 TD’S . So I will be surprised if Gonzo wins . But its District 26 and anything can happen as we all know.

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 03:01 PM
I would not be surprised if LaGrange wins by 3 TD’S . So I will be surprised if Gonzo wins . But its District 26 and anything can happen as we all know.

Just don't see it Blue. You might be right, but--based on what returned and GZ lines, I see another last minute outcome here. GZ will be overflowing, and house a rocking. Great atmosphere for a HS game. Be like a playoff game this Friday night.

1stnurseryman
10-06-2013, 03:09 PM
I don't see this game being close. This will not be the best team LG has played this year.

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 03:12 PM
This will not be the best team LG has played this year.

I think it was stated, best team to date.:wave:

hookandladder
10-06-2013, 03:35 PM
I think it was stated, best team to date.:wave:

I do not think this will even be the best team we have played this year, I think MF and Columbus both have better teams. Friday will tell.

YTBulldogs
10-06-2013, 03:38 PM
I do not think this will even be the best team we have played this year, I think MF and Columbus both have better teams. Friday will tell.

Yes, Friday will tell. Best of luck to both teams. Fasten the chin strap up tight. Gonna be a good one.

1stnurseryman
10-06-2013, 03:46 PM
My statement saids has which clearly means after this Friday nite otherwise I would have said will.

hookandladder
10-06-2013, 03:49 PM
My statement saids has which clearly means after this Friday nite otherwise I would have said will.

I would have to agree with you, do not want to put the horse in front of the cart -so to speak but last District game in LG could be very intense. That could be one special night.

Pudlugger
10-06-2013, 05:18 PM

Interesting that you said this hook as I was thinking the same thing but wasn't sure. I do think Columbus and MF were very worthy opponents and Columbus is proving to be even better than I thought. It is hard to say from the record just how good GZ is but i have heard so many positive things regarding their running game, o line and all state linebacker to know we will need to play our best game to get the win in Apache stadium.

pacdaddy
10-06-2013, 09:37 PM
I just hope it is not like last seasons game. That 1 point haunted me for the rest of the year, especially the fumble at the one yard line.:doh:

hookandladder
10-06-2013, 10:01 PM
I just hope it is not like last seasons game. That 1 point haunted me for the rest of the year, especially the fumble at the one yard line.:doh:

I hate to say it but I do not think Gonzales played well after that one point loss, it seemed like injuries and off field distractions cost them the playoffs last year. Funny how things happen that can change your team, we were fortunate to stay pretty much injury free last season.

YTBulldogs
10-07-2013, 03:29 AM
No doubt in my mind, these are the two best teams in D26. I can see both these teams running the table in district. I just can't pick the winner, cause I keep seeing another last years type game here. I do think, the team with less mistakes, will win. Yes, all aspects of the game will be major here. In a game as close as I think this one will be, you can't afford mental mistakes. Could cost ya the game.

Pudlugger
10-07-2013, 07:28 AM
No doubt in my mind, these are the two best teams in D26. I can see both these teams running the table in district. I just can't pick the winner, cause I keep seeing another last years type game here. I do think, the team with less mistakes, will win. Yes, all aspects of the game will be major here. In a game as close as I think this one will be, you can't afford mental mistakes. Could cost ya the game.

So far you are probably right but after Friday we will know much more about the order of things in D26. Cuero is the team I think has a very good chance to win or tie district with their schedule. If teams wear down by the third week of the schedule like they did last year Cuero could benefit. La Grange can't afford a bad start in district losing to Gonzales in the first week. The Leps need to fire up this week after an off week and a vacant week with Needville Sept 20th. They played sharp on the 27th after the week off so let's hope they do it again Friday.

pacdaddy
10-07-2013, 09:17 AM
I don't see this game being close. This will not be the best team LG has played this year.

I am going to let that one slide:tisk:, before I talk any smack see what yall do in district first. Oh, I forgot yall have Giddings:stirpot:

buff4ever
10-07-2013, 11:31 AM
LG wins this game easy. Are there really 7 posters from gonzales, or is someone out there crazy enough to vote for gonzales in this game. LG will prove to be too much for gonzales.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Looks like a good matchup to open district. LG by 3

tough district, could be toughest in region 4

bigcat8
10-07-2013, 11:39 AM
you made a similar statement last year when the 6-0 Buffs rolled into GZ and limped back home
LG wins this game easy. Are there really 7 posters from gonzales, or is someone out there crazy enough to vote for gonzales in this game. LG will prove to be too much for gonzales.

buff4ever
10-07-2013, 11:44 AM
you made a similar statement last year when the 6-0 Buffs rolled into GZ and limped back home

prove it. I generally call it as I see it, and don't remember making any bold predictions last year about the game with you guys. LG is good, you guys haven't played anyone close to their level.

BigGreen61
10-07-2013, 01:12 PM
I'll go with LaGrange and leave it at that.

Leps by 3tds better team speed #70 is a beast he should be playing 6A football

YTBulldogs
10-07-2013, 02:09 PM

Dinner bet Clem? I'll take Clack. He should be in 7A.

underthetepee
10-07-2013, 02:58 PM
off field distractions??? If you call a player getting suspended for getting iss for excessive tardies a distraction then OK.. It was a non district game though... Other than that , no off field distractions... Plenty of injuries though..
I hate to say it but I do not think Gonzales played well after that one point loss, it seemed like injuries and off field distractions cost them the playoffs last year. Funny how things happen that can change your team, we were fortunate to stay pretty much injury free last season.

pacdaddy
10-07-2013, 04:47 PM
That is true

pacdaddy
10-07-2013, 04:52 PM
That is true

prove it. I generally call it as I see it, and don't remember making any bold predictions last year about the game with you guys. LG is good, you guys haven't played anyone close to their level.
LG has not played anyone close our level also. After the game you can make that remark.

hookandladder
10-07-2013, 05:18 PM
off field distractions??? If you call a player getting suspended for getting iss for excessive tardies a distraction then OK.. It was a non district game though... Other than that , no off field distractions... Plenty of injuries though..

My comment about off field distractions came from a Gonzales fan, no need to name names but a very reliable source. Did not matter in our game against you guys, both teams were at their best and we won. I truly believe you guys were the next best team to us last year, still cannot believe you guys did not make the playoffs.

1stnurseryman
10-07-2013, 07:47 PM
My comment about off field distractions came from a Gonzales fan, no need to name names but a very reliable source. Did not matter in our game against you guys, both teams were at their best and we won. I truly believe you guys were the next best team to us last year, still cannot believe you guys did not make the playoffs.

Wow ur going to say that after we handed y'all ur ass last year. The game was never close... Without a doubt Cuero was best team at end of year last year. Not that it really matteted D26 handed all of ur our ass..Now this year only time will tell.

YTBulldogs
10-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Wow ur going to say that after we handed y'all ur ass last year. The game was never close... Without a doubt Cuero was best team at end of year last year. Not that it really matteted D26 handed all of ur our ass..Now this year only time will tell.

D25 gave us a nice butt whooping in the first round of the playoffs too last year. Hopefully, D26 representatives can return some favors this go around? No easy task, D25 appears very good once again.

1stnurseryman
10-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Ur rite YTB 25 I have trouble hitting rite buttons on my I phone no spell check for #'s

Pudlugger
10-07-2013, 08:11 PM

Cuero had everything to gain from a win against LG who had already sewed up the District Championship. Cuero played with intensity while the Leps phoned it in. Ur will not catch the Leopards napping this yr. They r going to roll. R you ready 4 a whuppin'? LOL

hookandladder
10-07-2013, 08:22 PM

Nothing to play for , we were already District Champs and you guys were struggling to get in. You will not be that lucky this year, at our house and you will go home with an L. You guys were not the best team , no District Championship. That belongs to LG, Come and try and take it.

1stnurseryman
10-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Wow nothing to play for.. I call it pride r maybe wanted to be in defeated I don't know but to say y'all had nothing play for is a cop out. With y'all's theory once anybody has district rapped up they'll just call it in

1stnurseryman
10-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Undefeated before YTB jumps in

Pudlugger
10-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Wow nothing to play for.. I call it pride r maybe wanted to be in defeated I don't know but to say y'all had nothing play for is a cop out. With y'all's theory once anybody has district rapped up they'll just call it in

I'm not saying it was right or a good thing I'm telling you that the team played like they were not in the game. No intensity. Sleep walking. Whatever. But I really doubt Cuero will come into Leopard Stadium week 10 and encounter that sort of attitude this year. You seem pretty sure of yourself on Cuero this year. We shall see how that turns out as we get further into the schedule.

1stnurseryman
10-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Tell me one thing I've said about Cuero for u to make such a bold statement!!! I have no idea how good r bad we r only time will tell..

pacdaddy
10-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Undefeated before YTB jumps in

Who is this guy!!!!!!
As for the Apaches, we will not be caught sleeping this year. Y'all are going have play as hard as y'all can to be at our level for this year. If I am wrong I am not afraid to eat some crow.

hookandladder
10-07-2013, 09:04 PM

Think what you want, win or lose that game did nothing for us in the playoffs. We had EC first round no matter what , so our number one goal was to just come out of that game healthy. Did I agree hell no but that is what happened, coaches will always look at the bigger picture. Playoff game was way more important then beating you guys at your house, same thing happened last year in baseball when we came to your house and won a playoff spot and number 1 seed in the playoffs. Your baseball team played like you had nothing to gain that game and you lost , **** happens like this all the time. You have to look at the bigger picture, we were looking at a State Championship and that is exactly what we got. I think Cuero has a pretty solid team this year , so really looking forward to you guys coming to LG the last game. Good Luck to you guys, we will be ready.

pacdaddy
10-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Think what you want, win or lose that game did nothing for us in the playoffs. We had EC first round no matter what , so our number one goal was to just come out of that game healthy. Did I agree hell no but that is what happened, coaches will always look at the bigger picture. Playoff game was way more important then beating you guys at your house, same thing happened last year in baseball when we came to your house and won a playoff spot and number 1 seed in the playoffs. Your baseball team played like you had nothing to gain that game and you lost , **** happens like this all the time. You have to look at the bigger picture, we were looking at a State Championship and that is exactly what we got. I think Cuero has a pretty solid team this year , so really looking forward to you guys coming to LG the last game. Good Luck to you guys, we will be ready.
Amen brother. You tell him hook!!

1stnurseryman
10-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Who is this guy!!!!!!
As for the Apaches, we will not be caught sleeping this year. Y'all are going have play as hard as y'all can to be at our level for this year. If I am wrong I am not afraid to eat some crow.

Who r u? Show me one time where I've come on here and talked smack about another team. I just disagree with what they said about y'all being 2nd best last year.. Maybe y'all r the best r worst this year I honestly don't know but to say I've been crowing about Cuero is not true.

1stnurseryman
10-07-2013, 09:18 PM
I personally think the game did hurt y'all maybe I'm wrong. But usually those type of games can help U keep ur edge r going in the rite direction. Take the El Campo game was told y'all came out a little flat but them later got to rolling. I think the fact that Gonzo lost to smithville caught y'all by surprise and put y'all at a bit of a disadvantage. Big difference between Ec and Wharton. All this being said I think D25 will do well this year in playoffs.

hookandladder
10-08-2013, 06:20 AM
I personally think the game did hurt y'all maybe I'm wrong. But usually those type of games can help U keep ur edge r going in the rite direction. Take the El Campo game was told y'all came out a little flat but them later got to rolling. I think the fact that Gonzo lost to smithville caught y'all by surprise and put y'all at a bit of a disadvantage. Big difference between Ec and Wharton. All this being said I think D25 will do well this year in playoffs.

EC game was early turnovers and a fake punt that did not work, all in the firat quarter that put us in a 28- 0 hole. After that we came back and had our chances to bring the game to a one score difference, just cannot put yourself into that kind of hole against one of the best teams in the State. Gonzales losing to Smithville did not surprise me one bit, I had Smithville 3rd in our District.

Pudlugger
10-08-2013, 07:03 AM
Getting closer to game day. The Leps must be itching for this match after a week off. With everyone healthy and tuned up it should be a real exciting game. I wonder if Coach Kates will go to the power option pitch-out wide to #5 Hutchison on the first play of the game like he did last game against Canyon Lake? Hutchison went 60 yards to the house. He showed his great speed when the Hawk safety started to gain on him midway and he went into overdrive and pulled away for the td. Lep speed kills.

1stnurseryman
10-08-2013, 09:48 AM
EC game was early turnovers and a fake punt that did not work, all in the firat quarter that put us in a 28- 0 hole. After that we came back and had our chances to bring the game to a one score difference, just cannot put yourself into that kind of hole against one of the best teams in the State. Gonzales losing to Smithville did not surprise me one bit, I had Smithville 3rd in our District.
Who'd u have 2nd?

hookandladder
10-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Who'd u have 2nd?

As I stated earlier , Gonzales. I think everyone knew District last year was going to be very even across the board. Any team had a shot at winning District, it would boil down to who played solid ball each week and a little luck which every team needs a little to be successful. I see only one team this year that will not compete in our District and that would be Smithville, the verdit is still out on Giddings and Friday will answer that question. My playoff picks, La Grange -Cuero- Gonzales- Yoakum.

pacdaddy
10-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Apache land is getting ready for smash mouth football. Their is something different brewing in the atmosphere here in Gonzales. Can't grasp what it is but something is going on. I believe the coaches have something different planned for this game. That is just my opinion.

Snotbubbles
10-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Apache land is getting ready for smash mouth football. Their is something different brewing in the atmosphere here in Gonzales. Can't grasp what it is but something is going on. I believe the coaches have something different planned for this game. That is just my opinion.

I got a $100 pac, the Big Guy will line up, and run the rock right at them? Why in the world would you change what you do best now? I see a low scoring game here. The defenses will be the star of this game.

Gonsalez by 2 with HFA.

Pudlugger
10-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Throwing the football?

Snotbubbles
10-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Throwing the football?

Only change they might make is if their best player, DJ Gonsalez (FB/LB) is out. I noticed he went out just before half with what appeared to be an arm injury. I left at half, and didn't notice in stat's that he played anymore after that. Maybe GZ backers can confirm his status? That would be a major loss.

Trust me pud, they will not throw. They can't. Even against a poor SH team, and they had wide open receivers. They did throw it alot for them though, 10-11 times as I recall.

1stnurseryman
10-08-2013, 01:03 PM
As I stated earlier , Gonzales. I think everyone knew District last year was going to be very even across the board. Any team had a shot at winning District, it would boil down to who played solid ball each week and a little luck which every team needs a little to be successful. I see only one team this year that will not compete in our District and that would be Smithville, the verdit is still out on Giddings and Friday will answer that question. My playoff picks, La Grange -Cuero- Gonzales- Yoakum.

Mine too.. Just don't know order

hookandladder
10-08-2013, 01:26 PM
I got a $100 pac, the Big Guy will line up, and run the rock right at them? Why in the world would you change what you do best now? I see a low scoring game here. The defenses will be the star of this game.

Gonsalez by 2 with HFA.

This will not be a low scoring game, you can bet on that. I see about the same number of points from the winner , just like last year. Maybe even more points.

Snotbubbles
10-08-2013, 03:08 PM
This will not be a low scoring game, you can bet on that. I see about the same number of points from the winner , just like last year. Maybe even more points.
If DJ is out, you could be right.

hookandladder
10-08-2013, 03:19 PM
If DJ is out, you could be right.

Does not matter who is in or out , this will be a high scoring game. There will be plenty of offense come Friday night, now will it be by both teams. Friday night we shall see.

pacdaddy
10-08-2013, 04:48 PM

Gonsalez by 2 with HFA.

$100? How about lunch? I don't eat cheap. Lol.
Just found out something, but its a secret...

Now knowing what I know it is safe for me to say,if everything goes as planed, the tribe by 3 tds

Pudlugger
10-08-2013, 04:52 PM
No fair keeping secrets pacdaddy!:tisk:

pacdaddy
10-08-2013, 04:57 PM
No fair keeping secrets pacdaddy!:tisk:

I know its unfair. But, I can not let it get out. Sorry pud.!

1stnurseryman
10-08-2013, 05:57 PM

Now knowing what I know it is safe for me to say,if everything goes as planed, the tribe by 3 tds

Is LaGrange bringing their JV... Lol

Blue42
10-08-2013, 06:33 PM
The only way Gonzo wins by 3 TD’S is if Cuero plays for them.:devil:

pacdaddy
10-08-2013, 06:51 PM
The only way Gonzo wins by 3 TD’S is if Cuero plays for them.:devil:
Ha,ha,ha. That's a good one. I will have to remember that after we beat yall on your new turf.

GU_81
10-08-2013, 06:53 PM
I know its unfair. But, I can not let it get out. Sorry pud.!

Just by opening your yap about having a secret, you've already exposed the on-side kick, new flea flicker play, and fake punt put in fot this week.
:taunt:

pacdaddy
10-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Oh, and another thing, after we beat cuero on there new turf, don't make any excuses why y'all didn't get the win baby.

pacdaddy
10-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Just by opening your yap about having a secret, you've already exposed the on-side kick, new flea flicker play, and fake punt put in fot this week.
:taunt:

Do you honestly think that is going to work on a team like La Grange? I don't think so. As far as opening my yap, I can say what ever I want. So don't be mad you don't know what I am talking about, just fear it.

pacdaddy
10-08-2013, 07:16 PM
Earlier in the week I had posted that cuero was going to beat giddings with a score of 42- 7 on the giddings@Cuero thread, But I might change my mind just because y'all keep on doggin us. I was on yalls side, but I believe I have a change of heart now.

GU_81
10-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Earlier in the week I had posted that cuero was going to beat giddings with a score of 42- 7 on the giddings@Cuero thread, But I might change my mind just because y'all keep on doggin us. I was on yalls side, but I believe I have a change of heart now.

Chill out pacdaddy. I wasnt doggin' your team - just you and you "secret" in the spirit of board fun. I don't think trick plays will beat La Grange, nor do I think "secrets" will either. Just strap it up and play as I know both team will do!

hookandladder
10-08-2013, 07:31 PM

Whatever you think you found out anit gonna matter on Friday night, the outcome still gonna be the same. A Lep win, that's what you found out Pac. The only win you might get will be a cold one at my Motorhome , before, halftime and after the game. Of course a cold ice cold coke, the real thing.

pacdaddy
10-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Chill out pacdaddy. I wasnt doggin' your team - just you and you "secret" in the spirit of board fun. I don't think trick plays will beat La Grange, nor do I think "secrets" will either. Just strap it up and play as I know both team will do!

I know its all in fun. I'm just trying to make things interesting. No harm done. I know at the end we are all in it together. D26 the new wonder of the world.:wave:

pacdaddy
10-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Whatever you think you found out anit gonna matter on Friday night, the outcome still gonna be the same. A Lep win, that's what you found out Pac. The only win you might get will be a cold one at my Motorhome , before, halftime and after the game. Of course a cold ice cold coke, the real thing.

I can't wait for the cold one that is for sure.:cheerl:

GobblersUnite
10-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Gonzo is hard to play at home unless you get on top of them early as what happened last year vs those Gobblers. A relentless D could very well deal the Leps a loss.

Blue42
10-08-2013, 09:30 PM
I always like messing with Gonzo it would not be near as fun having a year without the Apaches on our schedule.

GU_81
10-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Maybe the Apaches are dusting off the hook-n-ladder play they used against Cuero last year. Could that be Pac-Man's "secret"? :evilgrin:

Blue42
10-08-2013, 10:22 PM
I remember when the kids from Gonzo would come and mess up our football field before the game . I would suggest not even thinking of it now as that would be a felony as much as that turf cost. And the HD cameras are very clear.

Pudlugger
10-09-2013, 08:08 AM

Big Green61 I like your style. The Leps will not disappoint Friday night. They just get better from week to week with more and more outstanding execution. This will be their best game against the Apaches.

Apache91
10-09-2013, 08:20 AM
The Leps are a good team and #70 is a heck of a player but i promise you Clack will give him more than he wants.

Pudlugger
10-09-2013, 08:23 AM
The Leps are a good team and #70 is a heck of a player but i promise you Clack will give him more than he wants.

Clack may not see that much of #70 who only comes in on defense in goal line stands or 3rd and short. We'll look for this match up as it promises to be a good one.

Apache91
10-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Dang. Friday needs to hurry up. Looking forward to that battle down in the trenches.

Pudlugger
10-09-2013, 10:12 AM
:iagree: let's get it goin'

pacdaddy
10-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Maybe the Apaches are dusting off the hook-n-ladder play they used against Cuero last year. Could that be Pac-Man's "secret"? :evilgrin:

The world may never know.:devil:

pacdaddy
10-09-2013, 03:30 PM
I remember when the kids from Gonzo would come and mess up our football field before the game . I would suggest not even thinking of it now as that would be a felony as much as that turf cost. And the HD cameras are very clear.

That was a ugly thing to do to yall if we even did it. I remember somebody talking about that a long time ago. But I even heard rumors of the kids from cuero doing it and blaming it on Gonzales kids. Who knows. I think anybody that would do that is a low life that doesn't have any thing better to do with their life.:thmbdwn:

44INAROW
10-09-2013, 03:36 PM
That was a ugly thing to do to yall if we even did it. I remember somebody talking about that a long time ago. But I even heard rumors of the kids from cuero doing it and blaming it on Gonzales kids. Who knows. I think anybody that would do that is a low life that doesn't have any thing better to do with their life.:thmbdwn:
I agree - one of these days - 40+ years from now - some "good ole boy" will be on his death bed and confess to who really did that lol.........I've heard both versions for several years. I can attest to this, because I was there - November 1973 or 1974, I forget which year it was - the Cuero ISD busses had to be escorted out of Gonzales by the police/sheriff dept, due to bricks and rocks being thrown at the busses. That was 40 years ago - I'd like to think things are more civilized now :)

pacdaddy
10-09-2013, 03:51 PM
I agree - one of these days - 40+ years from now - some "good ole boy" will be on his death bed and confess to who really did that lol.........I've heard both versions for several years. I can attest to this, because I was there - November 1973 or 1974, I forget which year it was - the Cuero ISD busses had to be escorted out of Gonzales by the police/sheriff dept, due to bricks and rocks being thrown at the busses. That was 40 years ago - I'd like to think things are more civilized now :)
:iagree:

1stnurseryman
10-09-2013, 07:41 PM
:iagree:

Hell my junior year they beat us 14-12 with an onside kick end of game and they still rocked out bus leaving parking lot!!! That just not rite

pacdaddy
10-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Hell my junior year they beat us 14-12 with an onside kick end of game and they still rocked out bus leaving parking lot!!! That just not rite

That is why I said in an earlier post, it was some low life's. So people just do not know how to act.:dispntd:

Blue42
10-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Yep you can't blame all on how a few act some good folk in Gonzo have some family in them parts.

Pudlugger
10-10-2013, 06:01 AM
Back on topic. Only one more day until showtime. The Leps have worked hard for two weeks getting prepared for tomorrow night. The only surprise they have for the Apaches is how hard they hit and fast they can score. The Apaches have a big powerful running game. The Leopard D will need to rely on their quickness and stunting to keep them contained. The weather will be ideal for Fall high school football. Let's get it on.

Apache91
10-10-2013, 07:42 AM
Hurry up Friday. The Reservation is going to be packed and LOUD.

Pudlugger
10-10-2013, 08:54 AM
La Grange needs this win not just for district but also to make a statement that the Leopards are a legitimate force this year in 3a football. Failure is not an option.

pacdaddy
10-10-2013, 10:27 AM
La Grange needs this win not just for district but also to make a statement that the Leopards are a legitimate force this year in 3a football. Failure is not an option.

Gonzales is also going to make a statement that Friday night in hopes to regain their title.:flaming:

Snotbubbles
10-10-2013, 10:28 AM
Gonsalez wins if DJ plays. Gonsalez losses if he don't.

hookandladder
10-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Coach Lock was on KVLG this morning talking about our teams in District and gave a little info. about each team, I have to say this last baseball season I had the pleasure to meet Coach Lock at a baseball game. Enjoyed visiting with him , I give him a big thumbs up. A Head Football coach / AD that loves baseball enough to come watch a game just to watch, he was just there with his Head baseball coach just watching good baseball. Gonzales , looks like you guys got a good one. Congrats.

Pudlugger
10-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Gonsalez wins if DJ plays. Gonsalez losses if he don't.

I hope he plays 'cause we don't want any excuses after the Leps win.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Is La Grange a passing team or more of a run team?

pacdaddy
10-10-2013, 08:37 PM
I hope he plays 'cause we don't want any excuses after the Leps win.

One more day baby! One more day!:crazy1:

pacdaddy
10-10-2013, 08:44 PM

It does not matter, they can be both for all we care. We are just going to go out and take care of some Leps.:stirpot:

Pudlugger
10-10-2013, 08:50 PM

The Leps are executing a balanced offense. They throw the ball 12-15 times a game. The running game is the more dominant mode but our qb Davis has the ability to get the ball down field running out of the pocket or on play action plays or tuck the ball and run. He is one of the fastest players on the team.. They are not as much of a drop back passing style as last year with their big Qb Vinklarek who is playing for Blinn now.

Pudlugger
10-10-2013, 08:53 PM
:D
It does not matter, they can be both for all we care. We are just going to go out and take care of some Leps.:stirpot:

If you really want to take care of some Leps maybe your guys could carry their jocks if they're up to the task.:D:stirpot:

pacdaddy
10-10-2013, 09:04 PM
The Leps are executing a balanced offense. They throw the ball 12-15 times a game. The running game is the more dominant mode but our qb Davis has the ability to get the ball down field running out of the pocket or on play action plays or tuck the ball and run. He is one of the fastest players on the team.. They are not as much of a drop back passing style as last year with their big Qb Vinklarek who is playing for Blinn now.

I glad that young man went some where. He was an amazing Qb. He could do some pretty amazing things.:clap:

pacdaddy
10-10-2013, 09:05 PM
:D

If you really want to take care of some Leps maybe your guys could carry their jocks if they're up to the task.:D:stirpot:

:fnypost:

hookandladder
10-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Ok Guys , It gameday and the real season starts tonight. Just put the Pork Butts on the pit , now waiting on 4:00 to get them Motorhomes rolling down to Gonzales. First Tailgate of the season, Pud if you get there before 7pm come get you a Pork sandwich. Pacdaddy , come on by to. Good Luck to all D-26 teams, heres to an injury free night. Go Leps.

Pudlugger
10-11-2013, 06:45 AM
I'll see you there hook. I love pork sandwiches and Lep football. Emm Emm Emm.

pacdaddy
10-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Ok Guys , It gameday and the real season starts tonight. Just put the Pork Butts on the pit , now waiting on 4:00 to get them Motorhomes rolling down to Gonzales. First Tailgate of the season, Pud if you get there before 7pm come get you a Pork sandwich. Pacdaddy , come on by to. Good Luck to all D-26 teams, heres to an injury free night. Go Leps.

Thank you Hook for the invite. Sure will come and get one of those pork sandwiches.:D That is always a good way to start the "New Season." And Hook, Pud, Good luck to your team, anyway at the end of the season we all end up pulling for each other team. D26 Yeah!!!!!:cheerl:

44INAROW
10-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Pacdaddy - what's the weather looking like in your neck of the woods? It's kinda cloudy here in beautiful downtown Cuero - the sun is hiding.. Depending on what weatherman you listen to, they are predicting rain tonight... maybe if it's raining during the game, I could talk Hook into driving his motorhome to Cuero and I could watch the game without getting wet :cheerl::crazy: Safe travels all ;)

hookandladder
10-11-2013, 10:41 AM
Pacdaddy - what's the weather looking like in your neck of the woods? It's kinda cloudy here in beautiful downtown Cuero - the sun is hiding.. Depending on what weatherman you listen to, they are predicting rain tonight... maybe if it's raining during the game, I could talk Hook into driving his motorhome to Cuero and I could watch the game without getting wet :cheerl::crazy: Safe travels all ;)

If it is raining at our game , I may just watch and listening to our game in the Motorhome. Last year was most likely my last Motorhome visit to Cuero Stadium, we could have watched the game from the Motorhome. Good Luck to you guys tonight as well.

YTBulldogs
10-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Thank you Hook for the invite. Sure will come and get one of those pork sandwiches.:D That is always a good way to start the "New Season." And Hook, Pud, Good luck to your team, anyway at the end of the season we all end up pulling for each other team. D26 Yeah!!!!!:cheerl:

Don't miss Hook's famous tailgate grub. Enjoyed it a few times last year. Great gathering.

Pudlugger
10-11-2013, 02:07 PM

Thanks Pacdaddy, we Leps always look forward to playing Gonzales and the friendly competition. You probably recall the 2000 game in Gonzales when the Apaches beat us 14-7. That year we went on to win state but you can't take away that big win for the Apaches. Hopefully we'll have a better result tonight. Go Leps!

pacdaddy
10-11-2013, 03:06 PM

Right now its cloudy, and the weather guy saying 10-20% chance, but it is not going to rain. It always goes around Gonzales. We always miss the big rain.

pacdaddy
10-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Don't miss Hook's famous tailgate grub. Enjoyed it a few times last year. Great gathering.

YT, good luck on yalls game tonight. The bulldogs will do just fine.:) I say 42-14 Bulldogs.

pacdaddy
10-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks Pacdaddy, we Leps always look forward to playing Gonzales and the friendly competition. You probably recall the 2000 game in Gonzales when the Apaches beat us 14-7. That year we went on to win state but you can't take away that big win for the Apaches. Hopefully we'll have a better result tonight. Go Leps!

Yes, I remember that game. It was all D, on both sides of the ball. That was one of those games where Its like, " can somebody score already."
I hope tonight's game not like that. Some people say it is going to be a high scoring game for both sides and/or a low scoring game for both sides. I say Who cares, just as long as it is exciting.

hookandladder
10-11-2013, 07:39 PM
La grange 7-0 first drive , that to easy

underware
10-11-2013, 08:28 PM
updates please!

hookandladder
10-11-2013, 09:21 PM
La Grange 35 -12 in 3 rd quarter the rout is on , fixin to get ugly.

hookandladder
10-11-2013, 09:33 PM
42-12,after 3

hookandladder
10-11-2013, 09:51 PM
This was one of those games where after each team had one offensive series the ourcome was never in doubt, LG head and shoulders better then them.

pacdaddy
10-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Hook, LG was everything you said they would be. Man them boys are good. I see a state run for these boys. As for us, we have a lot of work to be done before next week and I do mean a lot of work!!!!!!

buff4ever
10-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Hook, LG was everything you said they would be. Man them boys are good. I see a state run for these boys. As for us, we have a lot of work to be done before next week and I do mean a lot of work!!!!!!

Pac. you can apologize for getting on to me for my prediction on this game. or you can just say I was right.

or I can just tell you I told you so. thee e you have it.

good game LG, no big surprise here. LG is best team in district.

Pudlugger
10-11-2013, 11:48 PM

Pacdaddy the Leps were really ready for this game and showed a tremendous amount of poise and confidence. They just would not be denied and were relentless on both offense and defense. The Apaches have some really fine athletes and made several big plays but it was just not enough tonight. Special recognition to our special teams play with 2 and almost 3 onside kick recoveries and a blocked PAT gave the Lep offense plenty of opportunities. On a down note our right tackle #58 Kobersky went out in the third quarter with what looks like an ankle injury. Here's hoping it is not broken. #60 Guevara came off the bench and did a fine job. Our running game was electric with #3 Filmore following the yellow britches road to extend for extra yardage threading throudh the defense all night. #5 Hutchison excelled in breaking away for big gainers around the corner and off tackle while putting in another outstanding performance as safety on defense. Freshman rb @22 Dobbins made a thrilling 75 yard kickoff return for a td in the 4th quarter breaking tackles with his shiftiness and speed threading across the field and taking it to the house. He is going to be a great one. All in all a really great night for the Leps in their first district game. Now on to Smithville.

hookandladder
10-12-2013, 12:07 AM

Pacdaddy you should have come over to the Tailgate Party, yes these Leps are for real. With 9 on each side of the ball back from last year they will be a team to be reckon with, our running game is top notch but I would like to see more out of our passing game. Without a reliable WR we are more reliable on our game game, overall a good start to District and after tonight I just do not see anyone that can take us down this year in District.

Pudlugger
10-12-2013, 12:30 AM
Hook, it was fun to tailgate again and we really liked your pork barbeque sandwiches. The Leps were on top of their game tonight in all aspects including special teams and the kicking game. Hope Kobersky will be back soon and his ankle injury is not serious. It was clear to me the big battle on the o line was won by the Leps hands down. #63 Clack was not a big factor as big #78 Shubert stood him up all night. Dobbins is looking better all the time and what can you say about Filmore and Hutchison except wow. Davis had a near perfect game and really impressed with his precision passing and ball handling. These Leps are going to make a huge mark this year.

Pudlugger
10-12-2013, 06:50 AM
Too close to call. Will not be a 2 TD's spead either way IMO.

Congratulations on the Bulldog win YT. The Leps were on fire last night. It was 7-6 Leps after the first possession for each team after that it was never close. Lots of positives in this one. Good luck next week against Cuero. Good to see Yoakum back in winning form.

YTBulldogs
10-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Congratulations on the Bulldog win YT. The Leps were on fire last night. It was 7-6 Leps after the first possession for each team after that it was never close. Lots of positives in this one. Good luck next week against Cuero. Good to see Yoakum back in winning form.

Thanks Pud. Wasn't pretty, but-- it's a important "W". "D" finally played well. Of course, this was the Tigers though. I think we gave up just over a hundred total yards to SV. But, once again we allowed two fumbles to be returned for TD's. Man, we turn it over why to much without being contacted. 5 fumbles, lost 2 (both returned for TD's). And, 13 penalties don't help you put things away as well. We have to be better mentally against the Gobs next Friday.

Yes, the Leps proved they are the creme of the crop from D26. No way did I think you'd blow GZ out like this. At the Reservation too. Continued success to the Lep's. I too see a real chance for this club getting to Jerry's World out of R4, come Dec.

Pudlugger
10-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks Pud. Wasn't pretty, but-- it's a important "W". "D" finally played well. Of course, this was the Tigers though. I think we gave up just over a hundred total yards to SV. But, once again we allowed two fumbles to be returned for TD's. Man, we turn it over why to much without being contacted. 5 fumbles, lost 2 (both returned for TD's). And, 13 penalties don't help you put things away as well. We have to be better mentally against the Gobs next Friday.

Yes, the Leps proved they are the creme of the crop from D26. No way did I think you'd blow GZ out like this. At the Reservation too. Continued success to the Lep's. I too see a real chance for this club getting to Jerry's World out of R4, come Dec.

Well, it is a sign of mental fortitude to keep focused on winning the game in the face of adversity such as a bad case of fumblitis. Of course a solid team like Cuero will eat your lunch if you give them the slightest opportunity, so, hopefully, the Bulldogs have gotten that issue out of their system. Good luck next week.

pacdaddy
10-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Pacdaddy you should have come over to the Tailgate Party, yes these Leps are for real. With 9 on each side of the ball back from last year they will be a team to be reckon with, our running game is top notch but I would like to see more out of our passing game. Without a reliable WR we are more reliable on our game game, overall a good start to District and after tonight I just do not see anyone that can take us down this year in District.

Sorry I did not make it to the tailgate part, had some things I had to take care of. Its going to be very difficult to earn a playoff spot. I still have faith in my tribe to do that. They will bounce back with fire in there eyes. I got to say that this game against LG felt a lot like the playoff game we played against Wimberley. Boy, I tell you it was no mercy. That is a darn good squad yall got, and yes they will go very far into the playoffs even make it to the ultimate game. Good luck with the rest of the season. I will be keeping my eye on things.

pacdaddy
10-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Pac. you can apologize for getting on to me for my prediction on this game. or you can just say I was right.

or I can just tell you I told you so. thee e you have it.

good game LG, no big surprise here. LG is best team in district.

Buff, I am a man of my word and I do apologize for getting on to you about your prediction. But now its our turn to give Giddings a little taste of some Apache spirit:evilgrin:. It will not be easy for yall to do what LG did to us, so please don't rely on it. We our going to come back strong and I know yall will to after coming off a lost to Cuero. It is going to be another war in the D26 category playoff spot list.:flaming:

Snotbubbles
10-13-2013, 12:05 AM

Gonsalez by 2 with HFA.

Damn, didn't see this. Give me some crow, bro. Pac, ya'll not as good as thought, or is LG that good?

Pudlugger
10-13-2013, 07:56 AM
Damn, didn't see this. Give me some crow, bro. Pac, ya'll not as good as thought, or is LG that good?

LG is that good. Believe it.

duckhunter
10-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Sorry I did not make it to the tailgate part, had some things I had to take care of. Its going to be very difficult to earn a playoff spot. I still have faith in my tribe to do that. They will bounce back with fire in there eyes. I got to say that this game against LG felt a lot like the playoff game we played against Wimberley. Boy, I tell you it was no mercy. That is a darn good squad yall got, and yes they will go very far into the playoffs even make it to the ultimate game. Good luck with the rest of the season. I will be keeping my eye on things.

Awfully bold statement about playing in state game considering LG hasn't played anybody of a high caliber yet. Marble falls is a below average 4a and Gonzales is an average 3a. D-25 has got several teams I'd take over LG if they were to play tomm. Not knocking Lg, just ain't drinking the purple and yellow kool aid yet

Pudlugger
10-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Awfully bold statement about playing in state game considering LG hasn't played anybody of a high caliber yet. Marble falls is a below average 4a and Gonzales is an average 3a. D-25 has got several teams I'd take over LG if they were to play tomm. Not knocking Lg, just ain't drinking the purple and yellow kool aid yet

Ask Columbus how good LG is. We shall see in round one how good LG and Gonzales are compared to those several D25 teams that you say you'd take over LG tomorrow. I've seen Bellville and El Campo play and I'd take LG over both any day. Wharton so far is the top team in D25. I haven't seen them this year but I saw them play Sealy last year and was impressived primarily due to their athletic qb who graduated. Their D line looked way out of shape and had difficulty stopping the run against a mediocre Sealy team. I'd welcome a match with Wharton this year. It would be a good game.

hookandladder
10-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Ask Columbus how good LG is. We shall see in round one how good LG and Gonzales are compared to those several D25 teams that you say you'd take over LG tomorrow. I've seen Bellville and El Campo play and I'd take LG over both any day. Wharton so far is the top team in D25. I haven't seen them this year but I saw them play Sealy last year and was impressived primarily due to their athletic qb who graduated. Their D line looked way out of shape and had difficulty stopping the run against a mediocre Sealy team. I'd welcome a match with Wharton this year. It would be a good game.

Same thing Duck said about us in baseball team Pud , we just do our talking on the field.

Pudlugger
10-13-2013, 01:42 PM
Same thing Duck said about us in baseball team Pud , we just do our talking on the field.

Yeah hook you're right. Some folks just need convincing and hopefully after week 1 of the play offs he'll be a believer. I see Logan was 6 for 13 with a 55 yard pass completion yesterday. It lookes real even on the stats except for turnovers and penalties which were the difference I guess. Great to see Logan having success at the next level.

speedbump
10-13-2013, 01:50 PM

Must be a Ganado fan that's already talking about Jerrys World.

Pudlugger
10-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Must be a Ganado fan that's already talking about Jerrys World.

The Leps are focused on Smithville right now. Getting through district with the wins is the first and foremost goal for La Grange. Play off scenarios, speculation and such are for the fans but the coaches and players take it one game at a time.

speedbump
10-13-2013, 05:14 PM
The Leps are focused on Smithville right now. Getting through district with the wins is the first and foremost goal for La Grange. Play off scenarios, speculation and such are for the fans but the coaches and players take it one game at a time.

And often the fans go overboard.

Pudlugger
10-13-2013, 05:48 PM
And often the fans go overboard.

Well yes they do but it is all in fun isn't it. It's not like getting a stick poked in your eye or anything.:D

pacdaddy
10-13-2013, 08:01 PM

Snot, they are that good. Can't wait to see what they will do against the D25 teams.

pacdaddy
10-13-2013, 08:05 PM

Gonzales, for being an average 3a team as you call us, could take on D25 teams with no problems. Now that's a bold statement!!!:stirpot: And by the way we will....

speedbump
10-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Gonzales, for being an average 3a team as you call us, could take on D25 teams with no problems. Now that's a bold statement!!!:stirpot: And by the way we will....

And the D25 teams will be waiting for you....and waiting.... and waiting... just like last year.:evilgrin:

Weebe
10-14-2013, 01:12 AM
La Grange has looked as good as anyone in Region IV. But, way too early to pencil them into the state championship.

There are several teams in Region IV that can play with them, and I really think the team that comes out of Region IV is going to have a hell of a time beating Carthage.

Pudlugger
10-14-2013, 09:51 AM
La Grange has looked as good as anyone in Region IV. But, way too early to pencil them into the state championship.

There are several teams in Region IV that can play with them, and I really think the team that comes out of Region IV is going to have a hell of a time beating Carthage.

Agree it is way early for that Weebe. Unless you're from Stephenville then it's okay.:D

YTBulldogs
10-14-2013, 10:08 AM

I'll pencil them there already. Just don't see a better R4 team. Wharton, not far behind them I'd say. Half way through the season, isn't too early to make a state prediction. Course, injury here and there, could change things.

refereedoc
10-14-2013, 10:23 AM
I'll pencil them there already. Just don't see a better R4 team. Wharton, not far behind them I'd say. Half way through the season, isn't too early to make a state prediction. Course, injury here and there, could change things. Unless you are from Stephenville.

Hey, what you guys do if you didn't have us to keep things stirred up? Pretty boring until we all showed up! LOL

Ville-D
10-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Unless you are from Stephenville.

Hey, what you guys do if you didn't have us to keep things stirred up? Pretty boring until we all showed up! LOL

100% in 3a vs 3a since moving to 3a. Actions behind the words. Come and Take It.

Weebe
10-15-2013, 12:55 PM
I'll pencil them there already. Just don't see a better R4 team. Wharton, not far behind them I'd say. Half way through the season, isn't too early to make a state prediction. Course, injury here and there, could change things.

You don't make it to the state championship game simply by winning Region IV.

hookandladder
10-15-2013, 01:27 PM

This is true, we were one game away in 2009. A lot can happen along the way, one game at a time.Jerry World is nowhere near the Leps mind right now, others can talk we just play the game.

YTBulldogs
10-15-2013, 01:30 PM

Not sure I said you do. Think I said, to state.

Weebe
10-15-2013, 01:52 PM
So is La Grange likely to go DII?

If so, the road to state appears to be significantly easier based on Matt's projections in the other thread.

hookandladder
10-15-2013, 02:13 PM

If so, the road to state appears to be significantly easier based on Matt's projections in the other thread.

With La Grange having the 3rd largest enrollment in D-26 , Giddings and Gonzales would have to make the playoffs. So I would say to early to say which way, after this week it sure be a little more clear.

Pudlugger
10-15-2013, 02:15 PM

D1 if Yoakum gets in D2 if Giddings gets in. The Yoakum-Giddings game will most likely decide.

YTBulldogs
10-15-2013, 02:56 PM
D1 if Yoakum gets in D2 if Giddings gets in. The Yoakum-Giddings game will most likely decide.

Some reason, I think it will be decided before then Pud.

speedbump
10-15-2013, 03:46 PM
Not sure I said you do. Think I said, to state.

He said "La Grange has looked as good as anyone in Region IV. But, way too early to pencil them into the state championship." and your response was -

"I'll pencil them there already." So now even you know what you said.

Pudlugger
10-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Some reason, I think it will be decided before then Pud.

Yes I thought about that possibility too. We will know more after Friday. Smithville could play the roll of spoiler any week so nothing is certain. My 4 picks would be: LG; Gonzales; Cuero; Yoakum. If that works out in any order LG goes D1.

hookandladder
10-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Yes I thought about that possibility too. We will know more after Friday. Smithville could play the roll of spoiler any week so nothing is certain. My 4 picks would be: LG; Gonzales; Cuero; Yoakum. If that works out in any order LG goes D1.

Pud you better watch out not picking them Buffs, you gonna upset old Buffy4ever.

Pudlugger
10-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Pud you better watch out not picking them Buffs, you gonna upset old Buffy4ever.

That's cool, buff can handle it. Can't wait for Friday.