PDA

View Full Version : 3ADL: Ideas, thoughts and feedback welcome here

K-MAC Chuck
10-05-2013, 08:36 AM
to help us continue to improve 3ADL, please give us your thoughts, ideas and feedback (and please keep it clean, LOL) :wave:

K-MAC Chuck
10-05-2013, 08:39 AM
Oh by the way..
There's a new 3ADL Facebook page coming soon.. :cool:

tango
10-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Would like to see a separate forum for non high school topics.

SHSBulldog00
10-05-2013, 11:10 AM
We use to nominate players of the week for offense and defense. We even had a team of the week. Maybe we could do that again. Individual awards by region and 1 team award or would 1 team per region be better? Regional Rankings is another we use to do weekly.

When I was the Region 4 Editor I also chose an Upset Alert game every week based on who I thought might have a game they may lose.

GU_81
10-06-2013, 12:12 PM
As a newbie to the board, I would like to see the requirement for being able to vote on polls changed. I think requiring 100 posts to vote is a bit excessive. I understand trying to encourage dialogue and participation on the board, but i think the same objective can be accomplished with much a much smaller minimal requirement- say 10.

jason
10-09-2013, 08:56 AM
As a newbie to the board, I would like to see the requirement for being able to vote on polls changed. I think requiring 100 posts to vote is a bit excessive. I understand trying to encourage dialogue and participation on the board, but i think the same objective can be accomplished with much a much smaller minimal requirement- say 10.
gotta earn your stripes

hollywood
10-09-2013, 10:44 AM

Share your thoughts. Worst that could happen is you get stalked by Cam. You know, the Burnet nut. ;)

Deuce
10-09-2013, 10:58 AM

Just get into a debate with Farmersfan about Romo, and you will be up to a 100 before u know it!

GU_81
10-09-2013, 12:14 PM
gotta earn your stripes

I don't think "gotta earn your stripes" explains the rationale behind not being able to vote.
LOL...We are clicking a little circle besides which team we think will win. It's not like we are voting someone into office.
If one goes through the process to register, get validated, and approved to post messages, that ought to be enough to click a little circle besides which team you think will win. If one can comment all they want - with pretty much anything - under any polls (and before the smart arse replies come back, yes I know one can do this 100X :), they should be able to click the circle.
Has someone that joined today and gives 100 separate one-word replies or spouts a bunch of nonsense earned their stripes more than someone that may have registered in the last couple years and has routinely read the board and only posted insightful messages where they felt necessary or had a different opinion than what has already been posted?

BwdLion73
10-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Welcome GU 81. Your only 84 post away. Just PM one of them Turkey fans and they will vote for you in exchange for Nacho's, Hot Dogs or a Dr. Pepper. Watch that cam feller though...he will tell you anything!

hollywood
10-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Welcome GU 81. Your only 84 post away. Just PM one of them Turkey fans and they will vote for you in exchange for Nacho's, Hot Dogs or a Dr. Pepper. Watch that cam feller though...he will tell you anything!

LOL.. And everything and too much! TMI

SHSBulldog00
10-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Can we bring the Home Page back so we can access the District Standings?

hsfootballfan
10-09-2013, 08:56 PM

Yes please!

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2013, 11:12 PM

Unfortunately, the version that was used for the Home Page is no longer supported. :(

Spursfan
10-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Should have a sticky thread for Friday night lights photos or links to photos of the games. Would be interestng to see other teams spirit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

D'Highlander
10-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Maybe have a thumbs up or do for comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

SHSBulldog00
10-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Unfortunately, the version that was used for the Home Page is no longer supported. :(

Can we make another on this format?

Spursfan
10-21-2013, 08:51 AM

I agree!! Thumbs up would be a great feature. I suggested it a a while back!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

K-MAC Chuck
10-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Hey all,
Keep the suggestions & ideas coming. I'm having a meeting about these suggestions - and other improvements. PLEASE let myself, LH Panther Mom and BJ Walters know of any suggestions. Thanks!

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Can we make another on this format?

I'm looking into it. :)

1st and goal
10-21-2013, 08:22 PM
Stop ejecting peeps just because they get OT's t-backs in a bind.

K-MAC Chuck
10-23-2013, 09:20 PM
hey all,
An update for you..
*Met with LHPM tonight, we talked about everything on this thread. There are some changes/improvements, and new things, coming. LHPM and I are also meeting with Matt on Sunday to talk about these things, and how to implement them, as well.
*LHPM has begun work on the 3ADL scholarships.
*One of the biggest questions we have had - or at least, I have had - is how will 3ADL monitor, handle and "adapt" to the upcoming Realignment, which could REALLY alter the 3A scene. We had already begun talking about that when I first bought the site from Matt/Val, so keep an eye out. If you all have any ideas - PLEASE send them to me! PM me here or hit me up, chuck@kmacsports.com.
*BJ and I are still working on ideas for 3ADL Postgame Report for the playoff season. Again, if you all have any ideas, let us know and send them!

Will continue to update you as we move along..
Thanks, Chuck

Old Tiger
10-23-2013, 09:23 PM

vbulletin has a rep system that can be used to ban members by peers.

I suggest making me a moderator.

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2013, 09:25 PM
I suggest making me a moderator.
:spitlol: :spitlol:

jason
10-23-2013, 09:47 PM
www.*********.com

K-MAC Chuck
10-23-2013, 09:47 PM
Oh, and by the way..thank you to ALL who have joined up on the new 3ADL Facebook page..
Keep "liking" it and feel free to share it..thank you!!

SHSBulldog00
10-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Have ya'll thought about doing a playoff preview early each week and discuss the games individually. Of course you will need people to assist with some of the games you do not cover.

1971Coogs
10-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Have ya'll thought about doing a playoff preview early each week and discuss the games individually. Of course you will need people to assist with some of the games you do not cover.you have a new avatar over at CSN

SHSBulldog00
10-25-2013, 07:38 AM
you have a new avatar over at CSN

Thank you, I'll go take a look.