PDA

View Full Version : 5A for anyone who cares

Buckeye80
02-20-2004, 12:02 PM
I had discussed a couple of times with some people on here the possibility that Concord DeLaSalle (CA) would come to Rose Stadium to play Tyler Lee in the Saturday game of the East Texas Kickoff Classic this upcoming football season. As it turns out, it's not DLS. The school they're trying to schedule is Mira Mesa HS from San Diego. Nothing is finalized yet; that's just who they're pursuing at the present time.
From what I've been told, MMHS is considered to be right on par with DLS. In California, apparently there is no "state" champion. The state is divided into regions, and teams only play other teams from their region. Once they win the region, their season is over.
I think if this goes through, it's a good chance for both schools to showcase talent. DLS has never come to Texas to play before, so this might give Mira Mesa HS a good foot to put forward in future discussions for games against DLS and other nationally recognized programs.

olddawggreen
02-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Thanks, Buckeye, please keep us poseted. That would be a game to see.

<small>[ February 20, 2004, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

District303aPastPlayer
02-20-2004, 12:38 PM
i would take my happy butt in a plane eek! eek! and go watch that game

Buckeye80
02-20-2004, 12:41 PM
Come on! I'll buy you a ticket. One ticket gets you in to Thursday (5A) Tyler John Tyler vs (4A)Texas High, Friday (4A) Longview Pine Tree vs (3A) Gilmer and the big TX vs CA showdown on Saturday. One ticket, three games, what a country! :D

<small>[ February 20, 2004, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: Buckeye80 ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-20-2004, 03:50 PM
What is Tyler Lee supposed to be bringing back this coming season?

As far as De La Salle is concerned, personally, i'd love to watch Galena Park North Shore wipe the floor with them. The nation's longest winning streak has NOTHING on Texas High School Football.

Buckeye80
02-20-2004, 09:43 PM
I'm not real sure what the Red Raiders are returning next season seeing as how I mainly follow 3A sports up here. What I do know is that REL is a very proud program with a "moderately" prestigious history, and they will not "roll over" for any school from California. They have had very good success in the past few years and seem to have a good program in place. IMHO they will send the CA school scurrying back to California with their tail stuck you know where.

KaktusJack
02-20-2004, 09:50 PM
3A DOWNLOW! This is 3A DOWNLOW people. GET IT? Is there a 5A UPHIGH? Go to that Please! Keep this board clean of big city traffic thank you!

3afan2K3
02-20-2004, 11:14 PM
KaktusJack:
3A DOWNLOW! This is 3A DOWNLOW people. GET IT? Is there a 5A UPHIGH? Go to that Please! Keep this board clean of big city traffic thank you!hahahahahahah.....SCRUB

20dawgz05
02-20-2004, 11:20 PM
<small>[ February 20, 2004, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: 20dawgz05 ]</small>

District303aPastPlayer
02-20-2004, 11:35 PM
3afan2K3:

KaktusJack:
3A DOWNLOW! This is 3A DOWNLOW people. GET IT? Is there a 5A UPHIGH? Go to that Please! Keep this board clean of big city traffic thank you!hahahahahahah.....SCRUBnow now.... mini-jason... be nice to those who are less adequate

3afan2K3
02-20-2004, 11:40 PM
District303aPastPlayer:

3afan2K3:

KaktusJack:
3A DOWNLOW! This is 3A DOWNLOW people. GET IT? Is there a 5A UPHIGH? Go to that Please! Keep this board clean of big city traffic thank you!hahahahahahah.....SCRUBnow now.... mini-jason... be nice to those who are less adequatewhat?

Buckeye80
02-21-2004, 09:11 AM
KaktusJack:
3A DOWNLOW! This is 3A DOWNLOW people. GET IT? Is there a 5A UPHIGH? Go to that Please! Keep this board clean of big city traffic thank you!Read the title of this thread and then tell me why you are here if you feel so strongly about this. :mad:

olddawggreen
02-21-2004, 10:03 AM
KaktusJack:
3A DOWNLOW! This is 3A DOWNLOW people. GET IT? Is there a 5A UPHIGH? Go to that Please! Keep this board clean of big city traffic thank you!Wow, a big welcome to 3A Down Low to you. I can tell your going to have a lot of really quality post for us all to read in the future. Gosh, how did we ever get by with out you? I know the site will be so much more secure now that your here. Welcome! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Buckeye80
02-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Thanks "olddawg"! If the guy doesn't like the topic, why the Hell did he click on it?
I didn't post this topic in direct defiance of "3A". I posted it as information for anyone interested in watching an exceptional weekend of football this upcoming fall.
Some people! :rolleyes:

olddawggreen
02-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Buckeye80:
Thanks "olddawg"! If the guy doesn't like the topic, why the Hell did he click on it?
I didn't post this topic in direct defiance of "3A". I posted it as information for anyone interested in watching an exceptional weekend of football this upcoming fall.
Some people! :rolleyes: Amen to that Buckeye! I think its interesting to see a scrub who has just regristered on this site, this month, pop up and start telling anyone what they can or can't do here. Your post was clearly titled for what it was, and I know that I, and others on this site appreciate the information. :mad: :mad:

<small>[ February 23, 2004, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

Hottogo
02-22-2004, 10:08 AM
KaktusJack:
3A DOWNLOW! This is 3A DOWNLOW people. GET IT? Is there a 5A UPHIGH? Go to that Please! Keep this board clean of big city traffic thank you!With uninformed post like this, I say lets keep this board clean of you!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

olddawggreen
02-23-2004, 10:47 AM
Buckeye80:
I had discussed a couple of times with some people on here the possibility that Concord DeLaSalle (CA) would come to Rose Stadium to play Tyler Lee in the Saturday game of the East Texas Kickoff Classic this upcoming football season. As it turns out, it's not DLS. The school they're trying to schedule is Mira Mesa HS from San Diego. Nothing is finalized yet; that's just who they're pursuing at the present time.
From what I've been told, MMHS is considered to be right on par with DLS. In California, apparently there is no "state" champion. The state is divided into regions, and teams only play other teams from their region. Once they win the region, their season is over.
I think if this goes through, it's a good chance for both schools to showcase talent. DLS has never come to Texas to play before, so this might give Mira Mesa HS a good foot to put forward in future discussions for games against DLS and other nationally recognized programs.Buckeye, is there a date set for this yet?

Buckeye80
02-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Week Zero, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Come on up here and you can see that 5A game on Saturday the day after my Buckeyes trounce the Pine Tree Pirates at Rose Stadium. :D

olddawggreen
02-23-2004, 11:11 AM
Thanks Buckeye, might do it.