PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Hoyer

caleb_mccaig
10-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Well guys, bad news. Brian "The Chosen One" Hoyer, as his teammates are calling him, has a partial tear in his ACL. What happens to the Browns now after they've won every game that he has started? Damn I spelled his name wrong in the title. Freaking auto-correct.

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2013, 11:22 AM
draft johnny

caleb_mccaig
10-04-2013, 11:23 AM
I would definitely take Teddy Bridgewater before Johnny. Johnny wouldn't last a month in the NFL before being busted with an 8 ball of coke, also I love Manziel but he would not be a players best friend in the NFL. Unless he played for like the Seahawks. Pete doesn't care what the hell goes on up there.

coach
10-04-2013, 12:06 PM
I would definitely take Teddy Bridgewater before Johnny. Johnny wouldn't last a month in the NFL before being busted with an 8 ball of coke, also I love Manziel but he would not be a players best friend in the NFL. Unless he played for like the Seahawks. Pete doesn't care what the hell goes on up there.

What a dumbass post

caleb_mccaig
10-04-2013, 12:11 PM
What a dumbass post

Don't get me wrong, he's the best college player in the country......notice I said college player. Every NFL rep is already saying the only player they would take no.1 thats not Clowney is Bridgewater. He hasn't had any off the field issues, he has the build and is a pro-style QB. Obviously they are not always right but if I was an NFL exec I wouldn't touch Manziel in the first round. There's to much risk, but hey you know what they say about risk. Big reward could happen to someone who takes a chance.

MJMbrahmas10
10-04-2013, 01:18 PM
When did Johnny take up coke? Butt hurt?

caleb_mccaig
10-04-2013, 01:20 PM
When did Johnny take up coke? Butt hurt?

I'm not butt hurt at all. I like Manziel. He's just a wild card and I wouldn't put it past him. Who knew Sam Hurd took up being a drug kingpin? No one.

MJMbrahmas10
10-04-2013, 01:24 PM
I just find it funny the extremes people take stuff to. Your right. You never know what anyone will do. But a prediction that he will have an 8ball is just funny.

msu97
10-04-2013, 01:26 PM
does he have some issues? i guess, no different than what Cam Newton had... difference is Newton is built like a truck, Manziel is smallish like Brees but does not have the Brees arm, but very few do... Manziel may get caught up in a "system" mess that could also hurt his draft status, but other than that, no reason to stay away from him...

caleb_mccaig
10-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Yeah, sorry I have no proof that it will happen lol and I hope it doesn't. I'll just be really surprised if he goes his whole career without one big screw up if he doesn't tone it down.

msu97
10-04-2013, 01:28 PM
I just find it funny the extremes people take stuff to. Your right. You never know what anyone will do. But a prediction that he will have an 8ball is just funny.

you mean like the David Ash thread?

caleb_mccaig
10-04-2013, 01:31 PM
does he have some issues? i guess, no different than what Cam Newton had... difference is Newton is built like a truck, Manziel is smallish like Brees but does not have the Brees arm, but very few do... Manziel may get caught up in a "system" mess that could also hurt his draft status, but other than that, no reason to stay away from him...

Yeah I agree, I almost compare him to Russell Wilson in the way he plays. However, we all know how weird these NFL guys analyze college kids. Some teams have called him, "undraftable" and others are saying he could go top ten. It's so scattered. So no one really knows at this point yet.

MJMbrahmas10
10-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Think the nfl is changing more and more. Especially the systems. Which makes it easier for a rookie to step in and be good. But predicting if a qb will be good in the nfl is like throwin darts blind. You never know what will happen

hollywood
10-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Many colleges passed on Manziel. Now what? I like his play on the field... maybe maturity will help him later in off the field play. ;) It's a crap shoot if you ask me. Spoiled kid at it's best. Some grow out of it... some don't.

msu97
10-04-2013, 02:26 PM
not even sure it is a spoiled kid problem... he has a hard precedent to follow, and you know how the NFL feels about previous people who "fit" the same mold... Case Keenum is the only qb that has played under Sumlin... but guys who were qb that lived the "frat" life? first one that comes to mind is Matt Leinart... then there are the ones that label "system" qb's, like all the ones that played for Spurrier at Florida... not saying that Manziel is anyone of these guys, just how the NFL likes to put people in categories...
but, if Denver was willing to take Tebow in the first round, someone will take a shot at Manziel in the first

carter08
10-04-2013, 03:35 PM
I think Manziel is the second best QB in next year's draft, after Bridgewater. I don't think it's close, though. Bridgewater could be a near-elite QB, while Johnny will be a poor man's Vick.

As for Hoyer-- I have Jordan Cameron on my fantasy team, so that sucks.

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Difference between Johnny and Vick is that Johnny is a pass first qb with similar running ability... So I don't really understand that comparison

carter08
10-04-2013, 04:03 PM
Difference between Johnny and Vick is that Johnny is a pass first qb with similar running ability... So I don't really understand that comparison

Sorry, late 2000s Eagles Vick, not early 2000s Falcons Vick.

Basically, Johnny can be Vick from a few seasons ago, when he leaned more on the pass than the run. There was always a sense of danger there, a "will Vick get hurt," "will Vick turn the ball over" mentality happening. I see Manziel as that guy in the NFL. He'll have good games, but he'll also have these frightening moments (like present-day Vick). I can see Johnny getting into trouble when the pass breaks down & he tries to make moves with his feet because, like Vick, he's going to be a little too reckless in those moments.

Txbroadcaster
10-04-2013, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=carter08;1767442

As for Hoyer-- I have Jordan Cameron on my fantasy team, so that sucks.[/QUOTE]

dont think you will see much of a change Weeden threw to him a bunch