PDA

View Full Version : SA Sam Houston at Gonzales

SintonFan_inAustin
10-03-2013, 04:44 PM
First thing, Gonzales has a great newspaper it has more about HS sports than the Caller Times it seems! Some good reading about this game and how Hurricanes use to be a very good team. Congrats on the running back for Gonzales rushing for 364 yds and 6 tds last week against College Station HS. Good luck this Friday and next week against La Grange. Nice panel of experts for games setup the newspaper has.

bag-o-chips
10-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Should not be much of a game. Navarro destroyed them last week.

ApachePride
10-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Gonzales has two newspapers... The Inquirer and The Cannon... The good sports section is the result of the competition between the two..

pacdaddy
10-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Gonzales has two newspapers... The Inquirer and The Cannon... The good sports section is the result of the competition between the two..

This is true. I always like getting both. They both always have good things to say about all the teams not just one.

This next game should be very good to watch. The tribe will want to redeem themselves for the home loss to Bastrop.
After that, it's district time baby!!!!!!!:clap: La Grange will be very strong on both sides of the ball. We will need to be focused and ready to play some hard hitting football.:twitch:

YTBulldogs
10-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Gonzales 80
Sam Hou 0

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Gonzales has two newspapers... The Inquirer and The Cannon... The good sports section is the result of the competition between the two.. I bought The Cannon. Didn't realize there was two papers for Gonzales. yea it covers some surrounding teams also. Noticed Yoakum has another Hights coming up, CYFL league. What age group is that, noticed some in the Cuero stands in Ingleside with some of those shirts with CYFL.

YTBulldogs
10-04-2013, 11:19 AM
I bought The Cannon. Didn't realize there was two papers for Gonzales. yea it covers some surrounding teams also. Noticed Yoakum has another Hights coming up, CYFL league. What age group is that, noticed some in the Cuero stands in Ingleside with some of those shirts with CYFL.
Crossroads Youth Football League (CYFL) has multiple levels. PeeWee, junior and senior levels. Up to 6th grade. Here is the web site. We have numerous teams from the surrounding, Crossroad area.

http://www.cyfl.net/home.php

pacdaddy
10-04-2013, 10:49 PM
Gonzales- 39
Sam Houston- 0

Go Apaches

YTBulldogs
10-04-2013, 11:08 PM
wow.:eek:

ApachePride
10-05-2013, 07:54 AM
Same score at halftime... Lock always calls the dogs off in a route and plays a lot young guys.. And with every other team in the district with a bye this week, he probably didn't want to show too much...

YTBulldogs
10-05-2013, 09:43 AM
What's he going to show? A new run left? Not much Coach Lock can show. It's pretty much smash mouth football with him. And, he's good at it. I think Giddings had a game last night too.

ApachePride
10-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Lol! Heard he's working on the spread

YTBulldogs
10-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Lol! Heard he's working on the spread

:spitlol: Maybe when hell freezes over? Think I'd keep on running behind that massive line for awhile longer.

YTBulldogs
10-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Seen that Apaches "D" only gave up 39 total yards to boot in this one. GZ is ready for LG. Should be a very exciting D26 opener. Good luck to both.

Pudlugger
10-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Seen that Apaches "D" only gave up 39 total yards to boot in this one. GZ is ready for LG. Should be a very exciting D26 opener. Good luck to both.

Hard to saw YT 'cause SA Sam Houston is 1-5. Apaches have not faced an offense as balanced and powerful as the Leps nor an offensive line as dominant and as good or better than theirs. If they are mentally prepared for the first hit then yes I agree but if they expect an easy time of it on the line of scrimmage or over the middle look out. Last night I noticed a real obvious thing at the start of the first series of the game between El Campo and Bellville.. The El Campo offensive line looked shell shocked with the intensity of the Bellville defense. Clearly they knew that it was going to be a long night unlike the three push over teams they dominated earlier. I think it comes down to how well our defense plays and of course minimizing penalties and turnovers. A 2 week break might hurt the Leps more than help. EC played a sloppy game after 3 weeks off and I think that the long break effected their performance.
On the other hand Coach Kates knows how to get the boys prepared. Also, they played a very efficient and clean game against Canyon Lake last week following the lightening cancellation of the Needville game. I agree it will be an exciting game and a real test for both teams with a lot on the line for district standings. Leps have too much offense though so Leps should get out with the win.

YTBulldogs
10-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Hard to saw YT 'cause SA Sam Houston is 1-5. Apaches have not faced an offense as balanced and powerful as the Leps nor an offensive line as dominant and as good or better than theirs. If they are mentally prepared for the first hit then yes I agree but if they expect an easy time of it on the line of scrimmage or over the middle look out. Last night I noticed a real obvious thing at the start of the first series of the game between El Campo and Bellville.. The El Campo offensive line looked shell shocked with the intensity of the Bellville defense. Clearly they knew that it was going to be a long night unlike the three push over teams they dominated earlier. I think it comes down to how well our defense plays and of course minimizing penalties and turnovers. A 2 week break might hurt the Leps more than help. EC played a sloppy game after 3 weeks off and I think that the long break effected their performance.
On the other hand Coach Kates knows how to get the boys prepared. Also, they played a very efficient and clean game against Canyon Lake last week following the lightening cancellation of the Needville game. I agree it will be an exciting game and a real test for both teams with a lot on the line for district standings. Leps have too much offense though so Leps should get out with the win.

Trust me Pud, Coach Lock and his Apaches will not be expecting an easy contest against LG. There will be no surprises here. GA will line up, and play smashmouth with ya. Period. Like I said, I can't tell you who will win this one. Too close. Best teams either team has faced to date. I can see another, last year type finish here.