PDA

View Full Version : DICKINSON 43 BARBERS HILL 16

EAGLEBLUE
09-13-2002, 10:46 PM
Congratulations to the GATORS! I tip my hat to a superior team tonight. Look for them to make some noise in their distict. I am also proud of a BH team that did not quit. EAGLES take the bye week get ready for district!

[This message has been edited by EAGLEBLUE (edited September 14, 2002).]

RBARKER
09-14-2002, 10:39 AM
I'll second that great job by the Gators they mixed the game up well and got us back for the last two years. BH you didn't quit the whole game made some mistakes but, we were out sized and matched, good luck in district.

Old Cardinal
09-14-2002, 01:15 PM
That is great that the Hill took on a 4A team. Your team will be ready by Post Season. I know it hurts, last year BC lost in double overtime to Vidor. Vidor had lost to Jasper by one point and also Vidor had beaten Nederland! They were as good as the finalist in 4A and yet everyone wrote off BC period- after the Vidor overtime loss. I can assure you, I have not written off BH. In fact, I think this preseason loss is the turning point in seasoning all those young BH players.

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited September 14, 2002).]

EAGLEBLUE
09-14-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal:
That is great that the Hill took on a 4A team. Your team will be ready by Post Season. I know it hurts, last year BC lost in double overtime to Vidor. Vidor had lost to Jasper by one point and also Vidor had beaten Nederland! They were as good as the finalist in 4A and yet everyone wrote off BC period- after the Vidor overtime loss. I can assure you, I have not written off BH. In fact, I think this preseason loss is the turning point in seasoning all those young BH players.

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited September 14, 2002).]
Thanks. I guess they owed us one. We took it to them the last 2 yrs but,I know they're dancing in Gatorland today! But I'm proud to say our youngsters stepped up. We are banged up right now and I got to see some good kids step up and mix it up with some hosses last night. Hey it looks like the BC/ NEWT rivalry is in full swing. I'm going to try and make that game. Good luck

AggieJohn
09-15-2002, 02:25 PM
I can't wait for Liberty vs. Barber's Hill...

Like BH...we also had the priveledge to play a 4a team in Silsbee in week one and had a similar fate with a 40-6 loss...mental mistakes killed the panther's...as bugs are worked out in the system i look for a even matchup in district this year...something not seen i quite some time

EAGLEBLUE
09-15-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001:
I can't wait for Liberty vs. Barber's Hill...

Like BH...we also had the priveledge to play a 4a team in Silsbee in week one and had a similar fate with a 40-6 loss...mental mistakes killed the panther's...as bugs are worked out in the system i look for a even matchup in district this year...something not seen i quite some time Likewise Explayer2001. The bye week will do the Eagles good but, I'm dreading it already. By then we should have our claws resharpened, and ready to do battle. Good luck until the showdown.