PDA

View Full Version : Mid Season District Predictions

SHSBulldog00
10-02-2013, 11:29 PM
With District just starting for some and soon to begin for other's what are your prediction's for your District at the midpoint?

District 24

La Marque
Sweeny
Stafford
Columbia
KIPP

orange machine
10-03-2013, 12:22 AM
District 10
Argyle
Frisco Lonestar
Celina
Ranchview
Aubrey

football344
10-03-2013, 01:01 AM
Stafford
Sweeny
Lamarque
Columbia
Kipp

Saggy Aggie
10-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Stafford
Sweeny
Lamarque
Columbia
Kipp

I know stafford has played well so far, but against no one really.

I'd be shocked if they won district. Sweeny or LM

WC and stafford will duke it out for 3rd

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 07:53 AM
La Marque will win D24.

2-4 will be a toss up.

KIPP will finish last.

Deuce
10-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Graham
Vernon
Hirschi
Burkburnett
Iowa Park

Eagle11
10-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Gainesville
decatur
Sanger
bridgeport
Krum

Eagle11
10-03-2013, 08:48 AM
District 10
Argyle
Frisco Lonestar
Celina
Ranchview
Aubrey
may be giving lonestar too much credit. They hadn't played a 3a school yet

Pudlugger
10-03-2013, 08:56 AM
No predictions from me yet. I want to see how the Leps do against Gonzales in their place. The Lep defense will need to step up a notch or two to get the win. I have confidence that the offense will put up decent points but unless the defense gets 2 or 3 stops that might not be enough. Playing in Gonzales is always very tough.

MUSTANG69
10-03-2013, 08:58 AM
D30

Ingleside
Sinton
Orange Grove
Robstown
West Oso
Rockport-Fulton

hollywood
10-03-2013, 09:12 AM
District 7

Stephenville
and the other 4 have to fight over 2-4 place. :D

Seriously...

Stephenville (D1 #1 )
Alvarado (D1 #2)
Glen Rose (D2 #1)
Venus (D2 #2)
Hillsboro (start b-ball)

District 8

Burnet (D1 #1)
Brownwood (D2 #2)
Liberty Hill (D2 #1)
Gatesville (D2 #2)
Lampasas
Llano

Turin
10-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Graham
Vernon
Hirschi
Burkburnett
Iowa Park

This would make Graham go D2, correct? How confident are you in this prediction? I would assume it all comes down to Burkburnett vs. Iowa Park.

jason
10-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Seriously...

Stephenville (D1 #1 )
Alvarado (D1 #2)
Glen Rose (D2 #1)
Venus (D2 #2)
Hillsboro (start b-ball)

venus could give glen rose a run for their money - they're not very good this year either

thatdude
10-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Graham
Vernon
Hirschi
Burkburnett
Iowa Park

I'll be surprised if Iowa Puke is the bottom feeder of the District. I bet this ain't right.

panfan
10-03-2013, 10:08 AM
District 7

Stephenville
and the other 4 have to fight over 2-4 place. :D

Seriously...

Stephenville (D1 #1 )
Alvarado (D1 #2)
Glen Rose (D2 #1)
Venus (D2 #2)
Hillsboro (start b-ball)

District 8

Burnet (D1 #1)
Brownwood (D2 #2)
Liberty Hill (D2 #1)
Gatesville (D2 #2)
Lampasas
Llano

Region 8 will be a toss up for the #1 spot and three teams are vying for it and each has a chance to get it. I know everyone thinks it is a sure thing for either Burnet or Brownwood - that's OK. I agree with the bottom 3 slot with Gatesville likely getting the #4 district slot.

Sweetwater Red
10-03-2013, 10:10 AM
District 4-3A will depend on how Big Spring finishes the season. Last year they started out 5-0
then grades came out and they finished 5-5. Sad but true

If they tank like the did last year then this is how the district should finish.

1. Wylie (DI)
2. Monahans (DII)
3. Sweetwater (DII)/ Snyder (DI)
4. Sweetwater (DII)/ Snyder (DI)
5. Big Spring
6. Midland Greenwood

If Big Spring continues to play well then...

1. Wylie (DI)
2. Monahans (DII)/ Big Spring (DI)
3. Monahans (DII)/ Big Spring (DI)
4. Sweetwater (DII)/ Snyder (DII)
5. Sweetwater / Snyder
6. Midland Greenwood

Eagle11
10-03-2013, 10:16 AM
District 9

Gainesville D2
Decatur D1
Sanger D1
Bridgeport D2

Krum without their QB goes home early this year

hollywood
10-03-2013, 10:20 AM
venus could give glen rose a run for their money - they're not very good this year either

I agree... it's a toss up. We'll see how Glen Rose fares against Fairfield... Fairfield may not be so fair on Glen Rose this season! Glen Rose wasn't fair to Fairfield last season. They may charge a low fare for the bus ride over to Fairfield which would be fair for the fan since Fairfield won't be so fair to Glen Rose. It's going to be a long night for Glen Rose. Life isn't fair sometimes! :eek:

hollywood
10-03-2013, 10:22 AM
Region 8 will be a toss up for the #1 spot and three teams are vying for it and each has a chance to get it. I know everyone thinks it is a sure thing for either Burnet or Brownwood - that's OK. I agree with the bottom 3 slot with Gatesville likely getting the #4 district slot.

We shall see... that's my best guess and I'm sticking to it! ;)

Deuce
10-03-2013, 10:28 AM
This would make Graham go D2, correct? How confident are you in this prediction? I would assume it all comes down to Burkburnett vs. Iowa Park.

Very confident in the top 2 and feel very strong about Hirschi. Honestly think its a toss up between IP and Burk. Both programs are not very good this year. If it does end up the way I predicted, Graham would go D2. If IP gets in over Burk, Graham would go D1.

hollywood
10-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Very confident in the top 2 and feel very strong about Hirschi. Honestly think its a toss up between IP and Burk. Both programs are not very good this year. If it does end up the way I predicted, Graham would go D2. If IP gets in over Burk, Graham would go D1.

Go Iowa Park! :wave:

Deuce
10-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Go Iowa Park! :wave:

Be careful what you wish for!

hollywood
10-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Be careful what you wish for!

Why? I would love to see a Graham/Stephenville match up. Put Graham in their place!!

You know y'all would be terrified. Y'all would have the same look y'all had when ya'll stepped out to play Gilmer... shock in awe! Skeerd! Intimidated! And that's straight from a Graham horses mouth. :D

Deuce
10-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Why? I would love to see a Graham/Stephenville match up. Put Graham in their place!!

You know y'all would be terrified. Y'all would have the same look y'all had when ya'll stepped out to play Gilmer... shock in awe! Skeerd! Intimidated! And that's straight from a Graham horses mouth. :D

Long way from that happening, but I highly doubt anyone would be intimidated. Our boys don't get "skeerd!" Do we have the talent to be Ville? Who knows? Only time will tell.

hollywood
10-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Long way from that happening, but I highly doubt anyone would be intimidated. Our boys don't get "skeerd!" Do we have the talent to be Ville? Who knows? Only time will tell.

Just checking! ;) But honestly, I thought Graham was better than how they played when they played Gilmer last season. A person from Graham told me they were a little intimidated going into the game and when Gilmer ran onto the field it really showed. The Black Flag had it's effect I suppose. The Jackets have the same effect. The can fans, the fan support, the mystique, the history, it all comes into effect.

Rabid Cougar
10-03-2013, 02:52 PM

Lampasas will beat Gatesville.

Turin
10-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Lampasas will beat Gatesville.

What is interesting about that is that Brownwood would then go D2.

5wide
10-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Just checking! ;) But honestly, I thought Graham was better than how they played when they played Gilmer last season. A person from Graham told me they were a little intimidated going into the game and when Gilmer ran onto the field it really showed. The Black Flag had it's effect I suppose. The Jackets have the same effect. The can fans, the fan support, the mystique, the history, it all comes into effect.

Y'all were absolutely whooped by Aledo. I highly doubt Aledo would beat Gilmer as bad as they beat Stephenville.

hollywood
10-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Y'all were absolutely whooped by Aledo. I highly doubt Aledo would beat Gilmer as bad as they beat Stephenville.

Maybe, maybe not. If you're talking about now, no. Second game of season, maybe. Aledo was in playoff form in week 1. Will they peak too early, probably not. Coach Buchanan said this is the most talented team he's ever fielded overall in his 20 years at Aledo. After witnessing it, I agree. Stephenville is young (less experienced) as last years team. Getting better each week. Could Aledo do the same thing against Sville at this point, probably not. When you play a game that deep in the season and get whooped, it says more about a team than the 2nd game of the season.... Jack! ;)

DalhartAlumni
10-03-2013, 07:55 PM
District 1
Dalhart(4-1)- Downed 2A Power Littlefield 27-19, after being handed their first loss of the season to undefeated Shallowater 48-7, who Littlefield played very tough 49-40
Perryton(0-5)- Played Celina very tough last week losing 28-22
Borger(1-4)- Struggling to find a defense
Pampa(0-5)- Toss up between RiverRoad and Pampa to see who is at the bottom, Pampa has no offense and zero defense
River Road-(2-2)- Despite having more wins then the rest of the district besides Dalhart, they will struggle during District play, their two wins are against two very weak 2A Teams

Should be the year that Dalhart finally wins a District Title outright in quite awhile, think it has been about 20+ years since they have done that

hollywood
10-03-2013, 08:17 PM
District 1
Dalhart(4-1)- Downed 2A Power Littlefield 27-19, after being handed their first loss of the season to undefeated Shallowater 48-7, who Littlefield played very tough 49-40
Perryton(0-5)- Played Celina very tough last week losing 28-22
Borger(1-4)- Struggling to find a defense
Pampa(0-5)- Toss up between RiverRoad and Pampa to see who is at the bottom, Pampa has no offense and zero defense
River Road-(2-2)- Despite having more wins then the rest of the district besides Dalhart, they will struggle during District play, their two wins are against two very weak 2A Teams

Should be the year that Dalhart finally wins a District Title outright in quite awhile, think it has been about 20+ years since they have done that

Good stuff DA!!

pacdaddy
10-03-2013, 08:56 PM
No predictions from me yet. I want to see how the Leps do against Gonzales in their place. The Lep defense will need to step up a notch or two to get the win. I have confidence that the offense will put up decent points but unless the defense gets 2 or 3 stops that might not be enough. Playing in Gonzales is always very tough.

I also don't have any prediction yet Pud... After our game against each other should say a lot on how some things might play out. We will just have to wait and see. I know one thing, it is either going to be a good close game or two to three touchdown game both ways. I know we have to come out focused and ready to play some hard nosed football against the Leps.

regaleagle
10-04-2013, 02:33 AM
may be giving lonestar too much credit. They hadn't played a 3a school yet

What are talking about??? They have defeated three 3A schools(FW Castleberry, Lake Worth, Anna) and two 2A schools(Van Alstyne, Whitesboro). They play their last non-district game this week against Sanger(3A) before starting district play.

hollywood
10-04-2013, 09:28 AM
What are talking about??? They have defeated three 3A schools(FW Castleberry, Lake Worth, Anna) and two 2A schools(Van Alstyne, Whitesboro). They play their last non-district game this week against Sanger(3A) before starting district play.

LOL... Castleberry, Lake Worth and Anna??? Might as well be 1A. regal, I hope you were being sarcastic.

Eagle11
10-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Did Sanger just bet them. Yes I think they did

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2013, 11:53 PM
18-3A

Division I
Navasota & Taylor

Division II
Madisonville & Rockdale

bearbear78
10-05-2013, 12:11 AM
Hollywood , the team that met gilmer was not in the zone they were in on the road to that game. It won't happen again this year. If they meet Stephenville I'm gonna say the ville gets shocked in that one. The defense would have its way all night and big B picks apart the ville D all night. Total upset. Our QB just gets better and better every game. You would swear DG is from the east watching him run the ball...speed like that is only a east tx thing, right? Lol

hollywood
10-05-2013, 12:34 AM
Hollywood , the team that met gilmer was not in the zone they were in on the road to that game. It won't happen again this year. If they meet Stephenville I'm gonna say the ville gets shocked in that one. The defense would have its way all night and big B picks apart the ville D all night. Total upset. Our QB just gets better and better every game. You would swear DG is from the east watching him run the ball...speed like that is only a east tx thing, right? Lol

Lol, well DG is pretty quick. Only thing is, Sville has some serious speed in the secondary.

#1-- never say never
#2-- you have no idea about Sville's level
#3-- Big B would be running for his life and sacked more than he's been all season with at least 2 INTs
#4--Graham would get humbled against Sville of they meet like they did against Gilmer last year

buckeyebob
10-05-2013, 09:08 AM
16-3A Distict of Doom
Distruct Championship will be decided November 8th when the Buckeyes journey south to administer it's annual spanking of the Kilgore Bulldogs...both will enter undefeated...it will be a slobber knocker. After the dust clears, my Bux will be on the move playing the runner up for District 15 Div II.
That will put the district:
Buckeyes - Div II
Kilgore - Div I
Chapel Hill - Div I
4th place is up for grabs...they will be Div II

bearbear78
10-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Lol, well DG is pretty quick. Only thing is, Sville has some serious speed in the secondary.

#1-- never say never
#3-- Big B would be running for his life and sacked more than he's been all season with at least 2 INTs
#4--Graham would get humbled against Sville of they meet like they did against Gilmer last year your qb is no Tyler Jones, hollywood. The steers defense would give him trouble all night long. If the steers O line gets it together there is no way the Ville walks all over us the way Aledo did them (:
......and Big B doesn't have a habbit of throwing picks.

hollywood
10-05-2013, 11:39 AM
your qb is no Tyler Jones, hollywood. The steers defense would give him trouble all night long. If the steers O line gets it together there is no way the Ville walks all over us the way Aledo did them (:

Just keep it up bearbear. You may get your wish, or nightmare if you will. I've seen Graham play. I know what y'all have. Y'all have played some weak weak teams. I know it's very deceptive on how good you think Graham really is. They are a real good 3A team would be a stretch to say a top 5 IMO. Would Sville beat Graham, yes. Would they beat Graham like Aledo beat Sville, no. It would be worse! Aledo is on a whole other level than ANY 3A team this year and probably most 4A's.

hollywood
10-05-2013, 11:44 AM
your qb is no Tyler Jones, hollywood. The steers defense would give him trouble all night long. If the steers O line gets it together there is no way the Ville walks all over us the way Aledo did them (:

And you are right, J. Stidham is no T. Jones. I think everyone knows that. He'll never be T. Jones. T. Jones is T. Jones. J. Stidham is J. Stidham. Jones brought a certain factor to the game that Stidham doesn't. But Stidham brings a certain factor to the game that Jones did not. Both a very good QB's.

Ville-D
10-05-2013, 11:44 AM

#1-- never say never
#4--Graham would get humbled against Sville of they meet like they did against Gilmer last year

I'd like to see this match-up.

bearbear78
10-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Just keep it up bearbear. You may get your wish, or nightmare if you will. I've seen Graham play. I know what y'all have. Y'all have played some weak weak teams. I know it's very deceptive on how good you think Graham really is. They are a real good 3A team would be a stretch to say a top 5 IMO. Would Sville beat Graham, yes. Would they beat Graham like Aledo beat Sville, no. It would be worse! Aledo is on a whole other level than ANY 3A team this year and probably most 4A's.
Look forward to it!!!
We have dismantled every team in front of us with ease so I'd say you may be the one with blinders on..Steers are not stepping stone for any team. We play good football . Experienced and mature guys In key positions. We may lose but we will damn sure battle.

hollywood
10-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Look forward to it!!!
We have dismantled every team in front of us with ease so I'd say you may be the one with blinders on..Steers are not stepping stone for any team. We play good football . Experienced and mature guys In key positions. We may lose but we will damn sure battle.

Me to. I know Graham has always played hard. Keep believing is the key. Just don't act like since y'all have "dismantled" every team that y'all are unstoppable. I can assure you that each week comes with a new challenge. Staying focused! Apparently it happens. But Gilmer was that much better than Graham last season. Even if Graham was focused, Gilmer still would have won.

So just for fun... Lets compare. Gilmer barely beats Kilgore by 4 pts for district championship. Stephenville dismantled Kilgore in the semi's. Got it? Lol

bearbear78
10-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Me to. I know Graham has always played hard. Keep believing is the key. Just don't act like since y'all have "dismantled" every team that y'all are unstoppable. I can assure you that each week comes with a new challenge. Staying focused! Apparently it happens. But Gilmer was that much better than Graham last season. Even if Graham was focused, Gilmer still would have won.

So just for fun... Lets compare. Gilmer barely beats Kilgore by 4 pts for district championship. Stephenville dismantled Kilgore in the semi's. Got it? Lol
Your opinion is worth as much as mine..we will just see how it plays out. You don't like someone portraying graham as invisible but you villers act like your opponents shouldn't even show up. You seem to not.like the word dismantle , well that's what it is when you hold teams to nothing and drop 50 or more on them. Thats pretty much dismantled. You know what dismantled is. Think back to the Aledo game if you need a lesson on it....sorry man but you like to refer back to the Gilmer game for us so I can't help but remind you of that dark night against Aledo this year (:

Your opinion is worth as much as mine..we will just see how it plays out. You don't like someone portraying graham as invisible but you villers act like your opponents shouldn't even show up. You seem to not.like the word dismantle , well that's what it is when you hold teams to nothing and drop 50 or more on them. Thats pretty much dismantled. You know what dismantled is. Think back to the Aledo game if you need a lesson on it....sorry man but you like to refer back to the Gilmer game for us so I can't help but remind you of that dark night against Aledo this year (:

Nah not gonna happen for Graham. They are not a tier 1 team and it would take some misfortune like Injuries for them to even have a chance.

bearbear78
10-05-2013, 04:11 PM
The only way Graham could possibly beat Ville would be 7 on 7. Once the pads come on I dont see it happening. Not gonna happen in Basketball either. That's the fact jack!!!
Well Jack!!!! We will just see how it goes....ville isn't near unbeatable..already been done

I don't think so 7 on 7 is over

bearbear78
10-05-2013, 04:16 PM
I don't think so 7 on 7 is oversure is, we would win that one too!

bearbear78
10-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Well Jack!!!! We will just see how it goes....ville isn't near unbeatable..already been done in a 56-14 fashion!!!!

buckeyebob
10-05-2013, 08:31 PM

District of Doom Championship is more important than a State Championship...when you are from East Texas, where the sky is bluer, the beer is colder, & no one has a fat ugly wife.