PDA

View Full Version : David Ash to miss Longhorns game against Iowa State Thursday

Scoop27
10-02-2013, 05:43 PM
http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2013/10/ut-football-ash-to-miss-iowa-state-game/

Old Tiger
10-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Dude might have a career ending type concussion. He should have never even sniffed the field against K State.

IMO they need to get Swoopes on the field. Case McCoy is no threat to any defense because of his noodle arm.

hollywood
10-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Dude might have a career ending type concussion. He should have never even sniffed the field against K State.

IMO they need to get Swoopes on the field. Case McCoy is no threat to any defense because of his noodle arm.

I agree! Way too soon and you have to ask the question, why?

Old Tiger
10-02-2013, 10:28 PM
I agree! Way too soon and you have to ask the question, why?

My completely logical guess would be Mack Brown's career.

hookandladder
10-03-2013, 06:48 AM
I would be really surprised to see Ash back, to much at stake for him cuncussion wise. McCoy would be lucky to win 2 more games, Swoopes is not much better but he can run. The QB situation is pitiful.

D'Highlander
10-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Should have got that QB that no one offered besides Texas State... :smoker:

coach
10-03-2013, 08:07 AM

This is a shame. Sounds like this will be a career ending concusion. Texas is in big trouble, bc they have NO chance with water pistol at the helm.

hookandladder
10-03-2013, 08:11 AM

I bet he did not have enough Stars by his name, All he did was win in High School but that does not add enough Stars by your name to be recruited by the top schools.

hollywood
10-03-2013, 08:43 AM

As much of a Texas fan I am, I'm glad he did get over looked, by Texas at least. I would hate to see him in this mess... although he could've made a difference already more than likely. Kid is a true gamer. Talented and very intelligent. Not a "my daddy padded my stats enough so I'm a D1 QB" kinda guy. Case McCoy couldn't hold T. Jones's jock strap!

D'Highlander
10-03-2013, 09:32 AM
I bet he did not have enough Stars by his name, All he did was win in High School but that does not add enough Stars by your name to be recruited by the top schools.

I think he only had three... but so did JFF

msu97
10-03-2013, 10:01 AM

and? recruiting is not an exact science... Reggie Wayne and Barry Sanders were 1 stars, Ed Reed had no stars...
Roberto Garza had 2 stars... the list goes on and on

D'Highlander
10-03-2013, 10:38 AM
and? recruiting is not an exact science... Reggie Wayne and Barry Sanders were 1 stars, Ed Reed had no stars...
Roberto Garza had 2 stars... the list goes on and on

MSU, that was the point I was trying to make. the stars aren't everything. Jones has the size and the arm and the wheels and the brains, and if you ever watched him play, you know he has "IT"

hollywood
10-03-2013, 10:59 AM
MSU, that was the point I was trying to make. the stars aren't everything. Jones has the size and the arm and the wheels and the brains, and if you ever watched him play, you know he has "IT"

I completely agree with this.

D'Highlander
10-03-2013, 11:08 AM
I completely agree with this.

When everyone started saying how good Stidham was going to be and that he might be a better than TJ, I didn't believe it because I don't know how you can do better than TJ did last year in the playoffs.

Pudlugger
10-03-2013, 11:18 AM

I think hook was being sarcastic. The truth is that many quality players don't get the attention of the recruiters who have a herd mentality. They're like a bunch of women at the Outlet Mall feverishly rummaging through the on sale Designer Purse displays. Or the folks who wait in line at the Apple store overnight for the new iPhones.

hollywood
10-03-2013, 11:22 AM
When everyone started saying how good Stidham was going to be and that he might be a better than TJ, I didn't believe it because I don't know how you can do better than TJ did last year in the playoffs.

Stidham is just a junior. He's above where Jones was as a junior IMO. Time will tell and no offense to T. Jones either because obviously the kid has "IT". Stidham also doesn't have himself and Gunter to throw the ball to this season. ;) But, I know what you mean. At least he has T. Jones's little bro to throw to.

hookandladder
10-03-2013, 12:03 PM

Yes, Stars are the most overrated recruiting process there is , does not make you a better at the next level. I wish the Jones kid all the best, saw enough of him in the State Championship game to tell he is a winner.

msu97
10-03-2013, 01:25 PM

then I guess I missed your point, there are plenty of kids who I have coached, seen at camps, and what not that are just football players... and that is what these schools need more of, football players, size and speed are not everything... and to steal a quote from Rudy T, you cannot measure the heart of a champion...
it is difficult when I deal with recruiters all the time and try to sell a kid, and they want measurables... chaps my hide... I always tell them to just watch the tape... let the film be the judge...
so again, I just missed your point because I totally agree... I tell the kids here to avoid the rival and nike combines and go to the college camps

D'Highlander
10-03-2013, 01:39 PM
then I guess I missed your point, there are plenty of kids who I have coached, seen at camps, and what not that are just football players... and that is what these schools need more of, football players, size and speed are not everything... and to steal a quote from Rudy T, you cannot measure the heart of a champion...
it is difficult when I deal with recruiters all the time and try to sell a kid, and they want measurables... chaps my hide... I always tell them to just watch the tape... let the film be the judge...
so again, I just missed your point because I totally agree... I tell the kids here to avoid the rival and nike combines and go to the college camps

:iagree:

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Nice little burst by Gray right there.

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Damn, McCoy had about three guys open and missed all of them.

Old Tiger
10-03-2013, 07:10 PM
They need to give Swoopes a series is Case doesn't produce a touchdown on their next drive.

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 07:14 PM
They need to give Swoopes a series is Case doesn't produce a touchdown on their next drive.

Yeah let's see what he can do.

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Lol...wow!

Scoop27
10-03-2013, 07:56 PM
What a catch to end the half

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 08:39 PM
Longest pass in Iowa State history...:foul:

regaleagle
10-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Now the whole nation can see just how bad the Texas coaching staff is. This is pathetic coaching of quality players. The defense doesn't even know how to line-up against the offensive sets, who has what coverage, and how to play man-to-man. Just terrible. The safety doesn't know how to play his position either. Wilson at Argyle is tons better than that guy, no joke. Out of position, can't read the play, no closing speed....what is going on in practices at Texas???

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 08:47 PM
They need to keep running the ball.

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Wow, cheap shot by Davis at the end of that TD run.

1st and goal
10-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Wow, cheap shot by Davis at the end of that TD run.

Mike Davis doesnt deserve to take another snap in NCAA football after that cheapshot. And Mac out there arguing his case. BS.

1st and goal
10-03-2013, 08:55 PM
should've been ejected.

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 09:00 PM
Texas catching a lot of breaks with ISU penalties.

cougartino
10-03-2013, 09:04 PM
I see why Texas has its record. They were pounding Iowa State with Bergeron. Then they go back to McCoy with his popcorn arm. Horns have 3 backs and could run the Cyclones ragged. But instead, they'd adopted the Gary Kubiak approach to offense: if it's working, stop doing it.

cougartino
10-03-2013, 09:14 PM
I see why Texas has its record. They were pounding Iowa State with Bergeron. Then they go back to McCoy with his popcorn arm. Horns have 3 backs and could run the Cyclones ragged. But instead, they'd adopted the Gary Kubiak approach to offense: if it's working, stop doing it.

Bergeron you do that after I just pumped you up? C'mon man! :flaming:

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 09:16 PM
:ack!:

Awesome tackling Horns.

cougartino
10-03-2013, 09:17 PM
OU is going to violate Texas!

Old Tiger
10-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Adrian Phillips is probably the worst DB since Marcus Griffin and Eric Jackson. The guy can't cover and cannot tackle at all.

Put Swoopes in for Christ sake.

Old Tiger
10-03-2013, 09:18 PM
OU is going to violate Texas again!

FIFY

October 12, my liver is already hating you.

Old Tiger
10-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Jesse Palmer ragging on Texas mentality.

1st and goal
10-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Who's Mac gonna fire after tonight?

Noodle arm looks like he is a deer in the headlights on a downer.
Actually they all look pathetic. Poor J Gray he better get the ** ball

cougartino
10-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Horns about to give up the ghost.

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 09:37 PM
What the hell is Edmond doing out there...

Old Tiger
10-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Who's Mac gonna fire after tonight?

He should fire himself, right in the head, Kurt Cobain style.

movethechain
10-03-2013, 09:43 PM
OU is going to violate Texas!

Out of respect to the Longhorns, I promise not to watch. As an Ag fan, yes it could be entertaining at the beginning, but, "oh, the humanity". Queue the Hindenburg footage here.

cougartino
10-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Jesse Palmer, take your punk ass back to the Bachelor! Percy's looking for a date.

Old Tiger
10-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Case has to the luckiest qb ever.

Old Tiger
10-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Out of respect to the Longhorns, I promise not to watch. As an Ag fan, yes it could be entertaining at the beginning, but, "oh, the humanity". Queue the Hindenburg footage here.

As a Texan to root against a Texas school vs OU is a way to lose your Texan Card.

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Jonathan Gray...:foul:

hsbtex
10-03-2013, 09:59 PM
Jonathan Gray...:foul:

Congrats hornies..you definitely owe the refs on this one. Even as bad as you are...the refs were still able to help you. My gosh UT sucks ! I mean terrible!

Old Tiger
10-03-2013, 10:04 PM
:2thumbsup
Congrats hornies..you definitely owe the refs on this one. Even as bad as you are...the refs were still able to help you. My gosh UT sucks ! I mean terrible!

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 10:04 PM

Just wait until next week...you haven't seen terrible yet. :D

Rattler
10-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Player of the Game.... Case McCoy... Graham Steer....:evilgrin:......Not a Pretty game but a win is a win!!!!

hsbtex
10-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Just wait until next week...you haven't seen terrible yet. :D

Roughneck...it is hard to believe how far the once so proud have fallen. I seriously think Allen High would beat them...badly. even with six refs helping them they almost lost. Wow

cougartino
10-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Two good things about that game:
1. Texas won
2. No more Jesse Palmer tonight

NastySlot
10-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Two good things about that game:
1. Texas won
2. No more Jesse Palmer tonight

#3 2-0 in conference

1st and goal
10-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Iowa State got robbed by the officials at the last goal line stance. there was a fumble, even the announcers admitted it. Can't beat the refs too.

Lucky Longharns.

Scoop27
10-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Only way Texas was able to win was with those pass interference calls and two bad officiating on a fumble which the Longhorns lost but wasn't reversed. Think Iowa State had over 100 yards in penalties. McCoy's passing was not that good.

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Roughneck...it is hard to believe how far the once so proud have fallen. I seriously think Allen High would beat them...badly. even with six refs helping them they almost lost. Wow

Yeah the entire program is in shambles.

The only comfort I have, is that change is coming. That's all I have to look forward to.

FB-fanatic
10-03-2013, 10:21 PM
I am not necessarily a UT fan, but I thought forward progress had been stopped. Plus since whistles are not usually a basis for replays, they seldom use tape to say no whistle.

hsbtex
10-03-2013, 10:28 PM

The only comfort I have, is that change is coming. That's all I have to look forward to.
As an Aggie...I hear you. Those 7 and 6 years were looooong.

NastySlot
10-03-2013, 10:30 PM

What changes? Mack isn't going anywhere....Dodds leaving has more to do with a settlement on the horizon for a former coach.

Scoop27
10-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Longhorns proved they are the worst tackling team in the nation-I've seen better high school players tackle better

Emerson1
10-03-2013, 10:36 PM
I am not necessarily a UT fan, but I thought forward progress had been stopped. Plus since whistles are not usually a basis for replays, they seldom use tape to say no whistle.

He was ruled down so that couldn't be factored in anyways. Iowa State lost this by just latching onto the Texas WRs when they got beat all night.

Old Tiger
10-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Longhorns proved they are the worst tackling team in the nation-I've seen better high school players tackle better

They practice something called thud tempo, I don't have a clue what it is but it seems like it doesn't work.

Weebe
10-03-2013, 10:41 PM
The calls tonight affirm that A&M, Nebraska and Colorado were right in leaving the Big XII.

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 10:41 PM

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/iowa-state-running-back-aaron-wimberly-runs-over-carrington-byndom-b.gif

Old Tiger
10-03-2013, 10:44 PM
"We couldn't have done this the last couple of years". - Mack Brown -- What exactly did you do so special, beat a bad Iowa St team?

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 10:45 PM
What changes? Mack isn't going anywhere....Dodds leaving has more to do with a settlement on the horizon for a former coach.

Maybe, maybe not.

Another thumping at the hands of OU just might do it.

zebrablue2
10-03-2013, 10:50 PM
That was one ugly butt win:)

Scoop27
10-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Bet defense missed closed to 15 tackles

Old Tiger
10-03-2013, 11:20 PM
smh.

http://i.imgur.com/402USdg.gif

Scoop27
10-03-2013, 11:50 PM
By Cedric Golden - American-Statesman Staff

AMES, Iowa —

The Great Escape, Part II.

Steve McQueen would sue the Texas Longhorns for stealing his thunder, but he’s no longer with us.

As for Mack Brown, his program appeared ready for a right proper burial here out here in Middle America.

But something happened before the undertaker could measure this group for 85 black suits with optional burnt orange ties and hankies: Iowa State didn’t finish the job.

And to its credit, Texas climbed out of the graveyard and pulled off an improbable win after doing everything in ts power to give this game away.

Congratulations, Longhorns. You just won two games in a row for the first time this season and it only took five games to do it.

The fallout from Thursday night’s 31-30 win? More questions than answers.

Did the refs whiff when they ruled Johnathan Gray down by contact in the final seconds, nullifying linebacker Jeremiah George’s fumble recovery and a subsequent Iowa State win? Cyclones coach Paul Rhoads certainly thought so.

Did Major Applewhite get too wrapped up in watching the Book of Manning that he confused Case McCoy with Eli, calling 45 passes against only 29 running plays? At one point in the third quarter, there were 15 consecutive pass plays, even though Gray and Joe Bergeron were doing a pretty good job of running the football.

Maybe Major was paying homage to his mentor Greg Davis, who is scratching a decent living east of Ames as Iowa’s offensive coordinator. Whatever the reason, he made things a lot more difficult than they should have been. Texas averaged 5.4 yards per carry, but it was hard for the running backs to get carries on this night.

And most important, will Texas even show up in Dallas to play Oklahoma? Sure, the Horns will show up. Question is, will they give the Sooners a game?

Ah, Oklahoma.

The Sooners are one of two teams — Baylor is the other — that have looked the part of a program that believes it can win a Big 12 championship, and nothing Texas did here will convince the oddsmakers that they can stay within two touchdowns of Oklahoma.

Now, walking into the Cotton Bowl to play Oklahoma with a 3-2 record doesn’t exactly inspire a boat load of confidence in the Texas locker room, but the Horns aren’t in the position to ask for much better. Texas has been to dark places in the first half of the season, and Brown, for one, will take that record and a 2-0 mark in the Big 12 over the alternative.

Thursday was emblematic of what Texas football has become in the years since Colt McCoy left. The Longhorns try hard. They scrap. They claw. And sometimes they even win.

Credit the defense for even making this win possible, even though it had a lot to do with the Horns being in such dire straits in the late going. I mean, who gives up a 97-yard touchdown pass to Iowa State?

But when it mattered most, they dug in and kept their team in the ballgame. The pass breakup in the end zone that led to Iowa State’s late field goal kept the deficit at six points. Defensive ends Cedric Reed and Jackson Jeffcoat closed it out by teaming up on a deflection and an interception.

But not before McCoy saved Brown’s bacon for the second time in a year.

And Case wasn’t all that bad in relief duty, even if those passes to the sideline take a near eternity to get there. He even showed that he has more MPHs on that fastball than originally suspected when he connected with John Harris on a 44-yard Hail Mary touchdown pass to end the first half. The throw traveled at least 50 yards in the air and, for the record, did not quack. It may have also kept young Tyrone Swoopes in a red shirt for at least another week.

McCoy completed 29 of 45 passes 244 yards and did not turn the ball over, which is mandate No. 2 in the backup quarterback playbook.

Mandate No. 1 is to get the win, and on a night when the players all wore “JS” on their helmets in memory of Longhorns legend James Street, McCoy did enough.

Moving forward, there aren’t many prognosticators that will give Texas a chance in you-know-where to beat the Sooners, but the series has taught us that each team has a fighting chance.

All things considered, Texas got a win. And in these trying times, that’s a real big deal.

Roughneck93
10-04-2013, 12:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I41uxG6h0w8&sns=em

ogg
10-04-2013, 12:41 AM
He reminds me of a preacher I once knew in Wichata Falls.

Celina8
10-04-2013, 04:49 AM
Texas has to get faster LB's. I am sorry but Steve Edmonds is awful and Santos is not the answer either. Mack is already using this victory to try and show that things are turning around at UT. That is why I struggle with this victory as I want Mack GONE!

D'Highlander
10-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Texas has to get faster LB's. I am sorry but Steve Edmonds is awful and Santos is not the answer either. Mack is already using this victory to try and show that things are turning around at UT. That is why I struggle with this victory as I want Mack GONE!

What if the Horns win the big12, would that change your mind?

cookiemonster
10-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Funny thing is that if Iowa State was on offense going to win the game and the exact goalline play happened to them and they allowed the defense to hold his running back up, after his momentum was clearly stopped, and strip the ball he would have given that exact same post game speach!

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Anybody got a video of the play in question?

panfan
10-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Anybody got a video of the play in question?

Texas got away with that one and Iowa was robbed. Most of the PI calls seemed legit, but that fumble was a fumble no doubt. And I like Texas and the Ags, and Baylor - but I hate seeing poor officiating (even with video replay) change the outcome of any game.

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Texas got away with that one and Iowa was robbed. Most of the PI calls seemed legit, but that fumble was a fumble no doubt. And I like Texas and the Ags, and Baylor - but I hate seeing poor officiating (even with video replay) change the outcome of any game.

So..... No video?

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2013, 07:25 AM
Nvm, found one... But I just realized had ISU been awarded the fumble, he'd have returned it for a TD...

panfan
10-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Nvm, found one... But I just realized had ISU been awarded the fumble, he'd have returned it for a TD...

Bingo!!! Iowas State was robbed. That would have been the nail in the coffine for Texas. How come they don't put that hot shot fish QB in. Who cares if he can't throw, if he can run and hold on to the ball better than Bergeron and Grey, then its a step up.

StangEm
10-04-2013, 07:59 AM
All I can say is that Texas pulled one out of their arse last night. Shoulda been a fumble and a TD for ISU but...........replay was inconclusive. Sounds like it's time to get better (or more) replay equipment. Kudos to the Horns on the win.

Weebe
10-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Texas wins at least one game due to officiating every year. It's just a part of being in the Big XII for the other conference members.

greendawg84
10-04-2013, 08:35 AM

Just a question , of the coaches that are available ( we know that Sabin , Miles , and Stoops etc are not coming ) who would you replace Mack with ? Not a Mack fan but just wondering who they could REALLY bring in .

hollywood
10-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Texas was awful last night. Case McCoy got bailed out so many times I'm sure his daddy couldn't even watch. Can he not throw a football deeper than 30 yards? Looked like he was raring back for a Hail Mary to get the ball down field 40 yards! I think there are a few 3A QB's that could have done a much better job than Case did last night. Thought Garrett Gilbert was bad? Stidham, Barr, Davis... just to name a few.

OL couldn't run block. DL had no pass rush. Texas looked mediocre at best! This was Iowa State!! You know what chaps me... the DC jumping for joy when the defense made the last stop and INT. Good gosh, SMH. You can see the desperation in the faces of the coaches. You just beat Iowa State by a POINT... BARELY... with the grace of the refs. I'm in shambles but I'll still wear my burnt orange and white with pride... because it is THE University of Texas. :clap: Kinda reminds me of Brownwood... they are NOT playing to Brownwood standards. Young inexperienced talent. Will they be back there one day soon... absolutely.

refereedoc
10-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Video of the fumble
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/10/3/4801160/iowa-state-texas-fumble

hollywood
10-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Just a question , of the coaches that are available ( we know that Sabin , Miles , and Stoops etc are not coming ) who would you replace Mack with ? Not a Mack fan but just wondering who they could REALLY bring in .

If Mack is gone from program... Briles would be a stretch, Kingsberry (TT roots but money talks), bring Leach out of retirement(lol!), Chip Kelly (USC wants him bad... UT needs to consider a steal).. hell I don't know. I think they have to be very talented and young-ish. Briles is not a young buck but still a great coach. Leach, you know what comes with the package. I don't think Texas wants the drama... Ain't nobody got time fa dat!

Who do you think greendawg8fo?

Scoop27
10-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Im surprised Iowa State didn't score more points with all the missed Longhorn fumbles. OU will double that point total of 30 next Saturday. If Ash still can't play, Swoopes must start. McCoy did have a few drives but his passing was terrible. Line blocking was also terrible

greendawg84
10-04-2013, 10:35 AM
If Mack is gone from program... Briles would be a stretch, Kingsberry (TT roots but money talks), bring Leach out of retirement(lol!), Chip Kelly (USC wants him bad... UT needs to consider a steal).. hell I don't know. I think they have to be very talented and young-ish. Briles is not a young buck but still a great coach. Leach, you know what comes with the package. I don't think Texas wants the drama... Ain't nobody got time fa dat!

Who do you think greendawg8fo?

I have no idea Hollywood , but my guess is that UT has no idea either. Dont think Briles would leave Baylor but I guess any man can be bought with enough $$$ ! Leech would not be a good fit for this area lol.

I like Kelly as an option , hadnt thought about him.

Just kinda think its funny that everyone wants Mack Daddy gone but when you ask them who ya put in his place the answer is always the same . Sabin , and that aint gonna happen ! So I was just looking to see what kind of ideas would come up from that question.

How bout Shipley ?

1st and goal
10-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Dirtiest hit of football season?

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/texas-longhorns-mike-davis-dirty-hit-on-iowa-state-100413

I think this guy needs to see the bench for the rest of the season for this crap. Low down dirty crap. Hope the guy's knee is OK.

hollywood
10-04-2013, 10:41 AM
I have no idea Hollywood , but my guess is that UT has no idea either. Dont think Briles would leave Baylor but I guess any man can be bought with enough $$$ ! Leech would not be a good fit for this area lol.

I like Kelly as an option , hadnt thought about him.

Just kinda think its funny that everyone wants Mack Daddy gone but when you ask them who ya put in his place the answer is always the same . Sabin , and that aint gonna happen ! So I was just looking to see what kind of ideas would come up from that question.

How bout Shipley ?

I hear ya! And Shipley ain't ready for the big show man. No dissrespect to him, he's a great HS football coach, but Texas would be way over his head. I could see him coaching a Tarleton State, Blinn College, type of school at the collegiate level, but Texas... no way.

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Do you guys think Urban Meyer would come to Texas? Better recruitiing possibilities... but he'd be leaving behind a crapload of immediate success.

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2013, 10:56 AM

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/texas-longhorns-mike-davis-dirty-hit-on-iowa-state-100413

I think this guy needs to see the bench for the rest of the season for this crap. Low down dirty crap. Hope the guy's knee is OK.

wow....

Macarthur
10-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Do you guys think Urban Meyer would come to Texas? Better recruitiing possibilities... but he'd be leaving behind a crapload of immediate success.

No. Hes an Ohio guy.

Aguilafanatico
10-04-2013, 11:17 AM

Dirty.

Macarthur
10-04-2013, 11:19 AM
What if the Horns win the big12, would that change your mind?

You really think that's a possibility?

D'Highlander
10-04-2013, 11:30 AM
You really think that's a possibility?

Heck no, Everyone is just turning on Mack. I just wonder what he would have to do to keep his job?

This reminds me of Tom Coughlin, he was on the hot seat and every fan was calling for his head then the Giants went on to win the Super Bowl...

Emerson1
10-04-2013, 11:43 AM
The calls tonight affirm that A&M, Nebraska and Colorado were right in leaving the Big XII.
The calls? Other than the fumble what bad calls were there? ISU got schooled all night by a hurt Mike Davis who they had to latch onto or else he would have blown right by. Then ISU's best CB demolished that TE in the endzone.

Lets not forget ISU being in prime position, but then just doing their best Cowboys impression and choking with the clock running with little time left.

Is no more cut blocking one of the new rules this year? Is it being considered dirty because it was a cut block or because Texas had scored already and the ref hadn't blown the whistle? What if the RB was bouncing it outside and coming their way?

Txbroadcaster
10-04-2013, 11:50 AM
I love how people are acting like the fumble was such an obvious call...and like Emerson said..what other call than that was bad? ISU secondary just played stupid..over and over and over

Emerson1
10-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Jeffcoat and Edmonds are terrible btw.

coach
10-04-2013, 12:05 PM
The calls? Other than the fumble what bad calls were there? ISU got schooled all night by a hurt Mike Davis who they had to latch onto or else he would have blown right by. Then ISU's best CB demolished that TE in the endzone.

Lets not forget ISU being in prime position, but then just doing their best Cowboys impression and choking with the clock running with little time left.

Is no more cut blocking one of the new rules this year? Is it being considered dirty because it was a cut block or because Texas had scored already and the ref hadn't blown the whistle? What if the RB was bouncing it outside and coming their way?

first of all thats an illegal cut block.secondly, they guy wasnt even looking at him and the play was to the other side. thats the dirtiest crap i ahve seen in a long time. football wants to get safer then he needs to be suspended. thats the definition of targetting

Emerson1
10-04-2013, 12:12 PM
first of all thats an illegal cut block.secondly, they guy wasnt even looking at him and the play was to the other side. thats the dirtiest crap i ahve seen in a long time. football wants to get safer then he needs to be suspended. thats the definition of targetting

They threw a flag. Not sure they are going to start suspending players for every cheap shot. What happened to all badasses who loved tell players to keep their head on a swivel?

coach
10-04-2013, 12:15 PM
They threw a flag. Not sure they are going to start suspending players for every cheap shot. What happened to all badasses who loved tell players to keep their head on a swivel?

They threw a flag for a late hit. Not a clip. Besides, you dont need to have your head on a swivel when the play is 30 yards away from you.

THUG

D'Highlander
10-04-2013, 12:15 PM

I just try to think of it as if that were my kid would I want that to happen to him or would I just tell him he needs to keep his head on a swivel next time.

caleb_mccaig
10-04-2013, 12:16 PM

Probably was to scared to get hit with a targeting penalty if he went any higher.

Emerson1
10-04-2013, 12:17 PM
They threw a flag for a late hit. Not a clip. Besides, you dont need to have your head on a swivel when the play is 30 yards away from you.

THUG
Mike being Mike.

It's just funny people wanting him suspended for the season. If this was a player on any other team that people didn't love to hate there wouldn't be this type of reaction.

Tejastrue
10-04-2013, 12:24 PM
I love how people are acting like the fumble was such an obvious call...and like Emerson said..what other call than that was bad? ISU secondary just played stupid..over and over and over

This.

Man, the Agg hags want to pick apart, bisect, dissect, scrutinize, anything UT, win or lose. Just amazing.

D'Highlander
10-04-2013, 12:30 PM
This.

Man, the Agg hags want to pick apart, bisect, dissect, scrutinize, anything UT, win or lose. Just amazing.

Right, could you imagine how bad it would be if they beat Bama? Aggie fans, Everyone knows the Aggies are better than the Horns right now. You could prove it on the field but you were too jealous of UT and decided to go hump someone else's leg.

Scoop27
10-04-2013, 12:41 PM
But the Aggies are only better than the Horns in football. Volleyball is a different story

Roughneck93
10-04-2013, 12:46 PM
smh.

http://i.imgur.com/402USdg.gif

Memories...

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/ou-hurdle2-10-13-12.gif

coach
10-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Right, could you imagine how bad it would be if they beat Bama? Aggie fans, Everyone knows the Aggies are better than the Horns right now. You could prove it on the field but you were too jealous of UT and decided to go hump someone else's leg.

what does this have to do with anything? what the hell are you talking about lol

coach
10-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Mike being Mike.

It's just funny people wanting him suspended for the season. If this was a player on any other team that people didn't love to hate there wouldn't be this type of reaction.

yea thats a bit rediculous. i havent heard ppl say that. I dont think it calls for a suspension. Maybe a ejection.

Crow22
10-04-2013, 12:58 PM
But the Aggies are only better than the Horns in football. Volleyball is a different story

LMAO...this post seriously made my day....

But to be fair, let's count the sports that A&M is arguably "better" than UT in...

Football, track, basketball (mens and womens), golf, and possibly even baseball.

But you're right, Scoop, the volleyball program at UT is better! Thank GOD for VOLLEYBALL!!!

Old Tiger
10-04-2013, 01:05 PM

Texas is one of if not the best college coaching jobs in the country. ESPN had an article calling it the #2 coaching job in football period.

As far as HC in college

Art Briles
Charlie Strong
Al Golden
Jim Mora Jr
Steve Sarkisian

As far as coordinators

Kirby Smart
Chad Morris

Old Tiger
10-04-2013, 01:07 PM

Who do you think greendawg8fo?Leach isn't coming to Texas

Chip Kelly can't coach in ncaa till 2015, he has a show clause against him.

Txbroadcaster
10-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Jeffcoat and Edmonds are terrible btw.

I think Jeffcoat hate is a little bit of a stretch..yes he did not finish a play...but he also had 7 tackles 4 tfl and a sack and was in the backfield all game long

Edmonds is getting terrible coaching...all the LBs are and that has to be fixed

Old Tiger
10-04-2013, 01:11 PM

Don't forget quidditch

Old Tiger
10-04-2013, 01:13 PM
I think Jeffcoat hate is a little bit of a stretch..yes he did not finish a play...but he also had 7 tackles 4 tfl and a sack and was in the backfield all game long

Edmonds is getting terrible coaching...all the LBs are and that has to be fixed

To be honest, has Edmonds or any of the linebackers had a real coach since Muschamp left?

Txbroadcaster
10-04-2013, 01:16 PM
To be honest, has Edmonds or any of the linebackers had a real coach since Muschamp left?

Diaz was the LB coach if I remember right

hollywood
10-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Texas is still better than aTm in whatever sport. Win or lose. It's just the way it is. Ag's have 2 good seasons and they are world beaters. Desperate measures for desperate times. The UT bashing is at it's best. Just wait until JF isn't there anymore. Or Sumlin leaves to greener pastures. Oh the irony.

msu97
10-04-2013, 01:19 PM
was it a cheap shot? yeah,
was it unnecessary? yeah
it is an illegal block? no
should he get suspended? yeah
will he? doubt it

caleb_mccaig
10-04-2013, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't even call last year that great of a year, I would call it a success, but not a great year. Yeah, they beat Bama and one guy won a heisman but they also lost to two teams (LSU, Florida) that lost to a Big East team and an ACC team in their bowl games. I am glad to see that they have made improvements from the mediocre years in the big 12. I look forward to seeing this stacked SEC West division for years to come.

Old Tiger
10-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Diaz was the LB coach if I remember rightThanks for proving my point.

Celina8
10-04-2013, 01:44 PM

I like Chad Morris at Clemson because he has strong ties to the Coaches here in Texas since he coached so many teams including Lake Travis. I think he is ready for Head Coaching job and I understood that his family really loved the Austin area.

hollywood
10-04-2013, 01:50 PM
I like Chad Morris at Clemson because he has strong ties to the Coaches here in Texas since he coached so many teams including Lake Travis. I think he is ready for Head Coaching job and I understood that his family really loved the Austin area.

Would be a great fit. I talked to him for a while at Cici's pizza one night when he was coaching at Stephenville. Very personable and nice family. Seemed down to earth.

D'Highlander
10-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Would be a great fit. I talked to him for a while at Cici's pizza one night when he was coaching at Stephenville. Very personable and nice family. Seemed down to earth.

I thought he wasn't good enough to coach at Stephenville? :evilgrin: Or something... I forget the story

msu97
10-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Morris is a great guy, he would be a good fit for any school in Texas due to his ties here... he has a good and proven track record...

I have said this once, and I will say it again, the difference between UT and ATM is that ATM can score... both of their defenses leave something to be desired, especially against the run... which is not acceptable for any school from the state of Texas

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Morris is a great guy, he would be a good fit for any school in Texas due to his ties here... he has a good and proven track record...

I have said this once, and I will say it again, the difference between UT and ATM is that ATM can score... both of their defenses leave something to be desired, especially against the run... which is not acceptable for any school from the state of Texas

A&M is defense isnt good at all, but its still better than Texas'... their defense is one of the worst in all of college football. A&ms is in the bottom half. Texas has let schools break all time offensive records against them...

Phil C
10-04-2013, 02:19 PM
UT beat a good Iowa State team on the road. Things are fixed! We are back. Oklahoma here we come!!

msu97
10-04-2013, 02:21 PM
A&M is defense isnt good at all, but its still better than Texas'... their defense is one of the worst in all of college football. A&ms is in the bottom half. Texas has let schools break all time offensive records against them...

it is embarrassing to watch, both schools... I cannot believe that both teams are that bad...
Texas' is almost too much to watch... ATM, I mean Alabama has not scored that many points on anyone else on offense...
how can both schools be so bad?

slpybear the bullfan
10-04-2013, 02:42 PM

As of this morning, Texas Defense is ranked #102 in Nation with 465.8 yards per game allowed and Texas A&M Defense is ranked #114 in Nation with 498.5 yards per game allowed.

Both of these programs should be completely embarrassed to play defense that poorly. No excuses for that with the talent they can recruit.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-yards-per-game

Phil C
10-04-2013, 02:47 PM
As of this morning, Texas Defense is ranked #102 in Nation with 465.8 yards per game allowed and Texas A&M Defense is ranked #114 in Nation with 498.5 yards per game allowed.

Both of these programs should be completely embarrassed to play defense that poorly. No excuses for that with the talent they can recruit.

But how are their scoring defenses doing? That is the main thing.

greendawg84
10-04-2013, 03:14 PM
UT beat a good Iowa State team on the road. Things are fixed! We are back. Oklahoma here we come!!

I shudder at the thought of that game ..... UT defense could break another school record for points allowed .

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2013, 03:22 PM

Ok, but have you watched the defenses...?

You can pull any statistic you like, but.... Watch them both and then tell me Texas' is better.

400 rushing yards to BYU???

I realize we got pounded by bama, but those stats for A&M are inflated due to all of those starters being out. The defense is improving. Idc what stat you show me, idk anyone who would pick Texas' D...

Saggy Aggie
10-04-2013, 03:23 PM
it is embarrassing to watch, both schools... I cannot believe that both teams are that bad...
Texas' is almost too much to watch... ATM, I mean Alabama has not scored that many points on anyone else on offense...
how can both schools be so bad?

No clue... Smh

slpybear the bullfan
10-04-2013, 03:28 PM
But how are their scoring defenses doing? That is the main thing.

Texas at #69 in Nation - 28.4 PTS per game allowed

Texas A&M at#82 in Nation - 31.5 PTS per game allowed

Both teams are in bottom half of Total Pts Allowed. Again, embarrassing for both considering the talent they can recruit.

Old Tiger
10-04-2013, 03:28 PM
nm already posted

hsbtex
10-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Texas is still better than aTm in whatever sport. Win or lose. It's just the way it is. Ag's have 2 good seasons and they are world beaters. Desperate measures for desperate times. The UT bashing is at it's best. Just wait until JF isn't there anymore. Or Sumlin leaves to greener pastures. Oh the irony.

Were you in a bad car wreck?
Here's reality...you ladies couldn't beat a good high school team. Oh the irony! :)

Old Tiger
10-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Were you in a bad car wreck?
Here's reality...you ladies couldn't beat a good high school team. Oh the irony! :)
These kind of statements are moronic. So by that reasoning one could assume you believe that some of the bad NFL teams couldn't beat the best college teams. Pure stupidity.

slpybear the bullfan
10-07-2013, 10:08 AM
LOL, did you read my post? Take off the maroon glasses for one second. There are 120? or so DI schools in the nation. If I post stats that show they are both in the bottom-sixth of the country in defense, it ain't because Im playing some bs UT vs aTM game. Its because of what the stats show. Both teams have Defenses that are TERRIBLE. and both have no excuse for that.

Ok, but have you watched the defenses...?

You can pull any statistic you like, but.... Watch them both and then tell me Texas' is better.

400 rushing yards to BYU???

I realize we got pounded by bama, but those stats for A&M are inflated due to all of those starters being out. The defense is improving. Idc what stat you show me, idk anyone who would pick Texas' D...

hsbtex
10-07-2013, 12:33 PM
These kind of statements are moronic. So by that reasoning one could assume you believe that some of the bad NFL teams couldn't beat the best college teams. Pure stupidity.

Tigger, don't be mad little buddy that your hornies can't play football!! Shouldn't you be sweeping the hallways at the technical school you work at?