PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 42-Wharton 7

Chris Hart
11-23-2002, 07:01 PM
The Bulldawgs dominated this one throughout. The defense was stellar and the offense was rolling. The Dawgs didn't do near as much passing today, as Patrick Miller was having a field day. The score was 42-0 at the end of 3 quarters, then the second team came in for Burnet. The second team played fairly well in running out the clock, but the Tigers did manage to get a late score on them. It was a GREAT team effort today. The defense deserves some recognition, for totally shutting down Wharton. The game's MVP in my book was Patrick Miller. He had an awesome game. The stage is set for #1 vs. #2, this is the one we have been wanting all year. It should be a great game between 2 GREAT teams, and the winner will definitely represent Reg. 4 well in the semi-finals. Way to go Bulldogs!!!

29x281
11-23-2002, 07:10 PM
People from the coastal bend warned us all week about the huge DL of Wharton. Well, the Burnet OL absolutely dominated the defensive front of Wharton all day long. Not to take away from what Patrick accomplished, because he was great, but the OL made sure that he wasn't touched until he was well beyond the line of scrimmage. If I'm giving out the game ball, it goes to the OL as a unit.

Earlier in the season, the OL struggled a bit and some people suggested that, unless it improved, Burnet wouldn't be able to win state. Well, it's not only improved, it's dominating opponents right now.

<small>[ November 23, 2002, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: 29x281 ]</small>

HotDawg89
11-23-2002, 08:40 PM
I am so impressed with this Burnet team! What a great day for them! This is one of the best games I have seen Burnet play all year, but the game ball- that should go to the defense. The OL was stellar, and those guys from Wharton were so big. . . eek! WOW! But Burnet's defense was amazing---They didn't give up all day long! They were on their game today and we are so proud of them! Way to go dogs! I'd say it was an excellent game all around. :D

I feel much more confident about Burnet playing Sinton with our defense on it's game this way! This should be the best and most closely matched game of the year!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2002, 08:43 PM
MVP of the game should be burnets offensive line. They made it look easy. Wharton look like they didnt know what hit them. The game look like it might be a scoring spree on both sides until whartons lack of discpline took over and made numerous of mistakes. they did drive to the 2 yard line on their second offensive series before QB fumbled the snap on second down; after that, they couldnt manage a first down thru most of the game.

HotDawg89
11-23-2002, 09:14 PM
Hey SintonFan...how do you think next weeks game will go? Now that you have seen both teams in action...share your thoughts if you would, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Sinton first hand... now I hope Burnet will pull this off, and I am sure you hope Sinton will-- but how do you think it will fall, for real?

dawgdad
11-23-2002, 09:36 PM
Game ball to the O-line, the defense did a great job against an offense that seemed to sputter at times.Wharton couldn't get on track on offensive side- had a few runs that went for yardage, but was not in the game. Burnet offensive line outmatched and outplayed a much larger defensive line from Wharton. Size does not always matter, skill and desire on the part of Eddy Parker, Eddie Rollmann,Clayton Trahan,Jacob Thomas,Tyrel Phelps busted huge holes for Patrick Miller and Chris Levens. All the talk was about how much bigger,stronger,faster Wharton was and these guys just quietly took control and allowed the offense to win this game. Way to go Bulldogs, but hats off to the O-line.

Sinton_Playa 70
11-23-2002, 10:02 PM
Congrats Burnet!! Be seeing you guys next week!! Good luck!! i think it's going to be a hard fought game!!

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!!

topdawg
11-23-2002, 10:28 PM
i think the whole defense deserves the mvp award for this game, they only gave up 7 points to a very talented group of young men, and i also think that burnet will be more than ready for next weeks game vs. sinton.

olddog73
11-21-2003, 12:50 AM
:) :)