PDA

View Full Version : Briles and Baylor

vtskneb
10-02-2013, 09:56 AM
Good read. Mentions the job he did in Stephenville as well. I was not aware of Stephenville before Briles being here as I didn't move in until after he turned the program around. It must have been some kind of mess/joke because everyone it seems mentions this when they talk about him. Great man and leader.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9748912/art-briles-orchestrates-revival-baylor-help-robert-griffin-iii

Rabid Cougar
10-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Good read. Mentions the job he did in Stephenville as well. I was not aware of Stephenville before Briles being here as I didn't move in until after he turned the program around. It must have been some kind of mess/joke because everyone it seems mentions this when they talk about him. Great man and leader.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9748912/art-briles-orchestrates-revival-baylor-help-robert-griffin-iii

Yes, I am afraid it will get very deep in Waco again. Glad I still have my waders from 2011

vtskneb
10-02-2013, 10:30 AM
What?

Rabid Cougar
10-02-2013, 10:35 AM
What?

You have to be an Aggie in Waco to understand. You work and live next door to ardent Baylor fans. It was an insufferable year of Baylor success. I am afraid that Baylor's football team will be the cream of the crop of the Big 12-2 this year due to Briles success. Nothing "bad" ment by it.

vtskneb
10-02-2013, 10:38 AM
I gotcha, you just don't like Baylor. Yea, if you don't like their success than it will be a miserable time for you. You can think about it this way, A&M and Baylor could at the end of the year have the same number of Big 12 conference titles.

D'Highlander
10-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Baylor is gaining 140 yards more a game and scoring 10 more points a game than any other team in the nation... :1popcorn:

Rabid Cougar
10-02-2013, 10:46 AM
I gotcha, you just don't like Baylor. Yea, if you don't like their success than it will be a miserable time for you. You can think about it this way, A&M and Baylor could at the end of the year have the same number of Big 12 conference titles.

Correct on your last statement. BUT I am 3-1 against BU in my time. The last win started 18 years of dominance until undone by a certain China Spring QB.

Rabid Cougar
10-02-2013, 10:49 AM

Really don't mind their success... it is having to listen to it from their fans. There is no escaping it. When A&M left the Big 12-2, it was really bad.

ronwx5x
10-02-2013, 10:53 AM
You have to be an Aggie in Waco to understand. You work and live next door to ardent Baylor fans. It was an insufferable year of Baylor success. I am afraid that Baylor's football team will be the cream of the crop of the Big 12-2 this year due to Briles success. Nothing "bad" ment by it.

And if you were a Baylor fan living in College Station it would be different?

caleb_mccaig
10-02-2013, 12:25 PM

I cannot like this post more. As an avid Baylor fan and one-time student I am loving the success of Baylor, however, the Baylor faithful are starting to become extremely arrogant about a program that hasn't won anything in 20 years. If they win the Big 12, which I think they can I don't think we'll all ever hear the end of it lol.

coach
10-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Baylor is gaining 140 yards more a game and scoring 10 more points a game than any other team in the nation... :1popcorn:

and they have done that by playing oregon state, kansas city state aau, and northern canada university

New Taiton
10-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Take a jaunt over to baylorfans.com.

Those folks are insistant that Baylor will or should play for the national championship.

coach
10-02-2013, 01:07 PM
and they have done that by playing oregon state, kansas city state aau, and northern canada university

i ment to put western oregon state. putting those kinda numbers over oregon state would be impressive

Rabid Cougar
10-02-2013, 01:11 PM
i ment to put western oregon state. putting those kinda numbers over oregon state would be impressive

Quite honestly I think they can hang half a hundred on anybody in the nation, including Alabama. Now the question can they stop anybody remains to be seen.

Rabid Cougar
10-02-2013, 01:13 PM
And if you were a Baylor fan living in College Station it would be different?

There is no such thing. They cannot live in Brazos County..... its the law. :)

vtskneb
10-02-2013, 02:26 PM
To be honest that attitude is still in Erath County and I think it starts from the top. The coach not only believes he belongs but makes those around him and the program believe. There is no lack of confidence in Art Briles and this is seen in the fans and players. I don't know the history of the fans in Waco but Stephenville fans are notoriously cocky. Hell one of Briles first quotes to the players in Stephenville was its time to get stocky and cocky. He makes you believe there is no team in the nation that can stand in your way and stop you. Not only does he make you believe that but more often than not he backs it up. It gets me fired up just talking about it.