PDA

View Full Version : longhorn changes

OldBison75
09-30-2013, 06:57 PM
DeLoss Dodds supposedly announces he is stepping down tomorrow. Mack won't last long!!!!!

Some are reporting that it will be effective next August, but, channel 13 in Houston says that the move from AD to consultant will happen immediately.

D'Highlander
10-01-2013, 06:28 AM
nvm :sleeping:

nobogey72
10-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Just a shot in the dark.... Mack the new AD, and Saban or whoever to step in.

Rabid Cougar
10-01-2013, 09:38 AM

Saban would never go for it. it would be akin to having DKR on as an advisor all those years.

coach
10-01-2013, 10:05 AM

Mack will be the new AD and Muschamp will be the new coach.

nobogey72
10-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Saban would never go for it. it would be akin to having DKR on as an advisor all those years.

You never know. He has no loyalty and there's no limit to what UT would pay him, and I would imagine the he would at least be tempted to win NC at 3 differrent schools. Nothing would surprise me.

Sville
10-01-2013, 11:05 AM
You never know. He has no loyalty and there's no limit to what UT would pay him, and I would imagine the he would at least be tempted to win NC at 3 differrent schools. Nothing would surprise me.

I would be shocked if Saban left Bama but I fully expect him to use the situation to get a raise from his employer as well.

caleb_mccaig
10-01-2013, 11:11 AM

There is no way in hell Muschamp leaves the SEC and that recruiting pitch to come back to a place where they were going to make him wait multiple years to be a head coach. He didn't like it then, I doubt he'll like it now.

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2013, 11:14 AM
There is no way in hell Muschamp leaves the SEC and that recruiting pitch to come back to a place where they were going to make him wait multiple years to be a head coach. He didn't like it then, I doubt he'll like it now.

I think he is saying Brown goes straight to AD after season

caleb_mccaig
10-01-2013, 11:32 AM
I think he is saying Brown goes straight to AD after season

Does he not also say Muschamp will be the new coach lol? Idk, how tightly knit Muschamp is to the university, but he left once because they wouldn't give him the job, I just can't see him leaving Florida, the state that has the highest ratio of high school players that go D-1 in the country, to come back to a school that shafted him once already. But like I said, I myself am not aware of what his relationship is with school.

GobblersUnite
10-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Why is it that hardly anyone talks about Art Briles? He is a flat out football coach and had succeeded wherever he has gone...Hamlin, Stephenville, TxTech, Houston, Baylor...Not bad for a good ole boy from Rule Texas!

caleb_mccaig
10-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Why is it that hardly anyone talks about Art Briles? He is a flat out football coach and had succeeded wherever he has gone...Hamlin, Stephenville, TxTech, Houston, Baylor...Not bad for a good ole boy from Rule Texas!

Partly because I don't want him to ever leave Baylor hahahaha.

hollywood
10-01-2013, 12:53 PM

His name had been mentioned plenty on this site. Baylor wants him to stay obviously. I don't think he'd accept unless Mack was gone, for good. IMO

Rabid Cougar
10-01-2013, 01:20 PM

OH the Baylor Blue Bloods would go nuts. They hitch thier trailor to tu and then tu turns around stabs in the back. That would be classic! They might sue tu for doing that. :)

Old Tiger
10-01-2013, 08:49 PM

Mack isn't going to be the AD. Bill Powers doesn't want Mack near the program, he seems him as toxic right now.

Plus why would you want to hire a guy with no AD experience? Mack is the epitome of complacency and trying to hard after the fact. He would make terrible political hires from "a guy he trust."

I heard that Art Briles hates Mack and everything Mack stands for. Is that true?

vtskneb
10-01-2013, 10:56 PM
I heard that Art Briles hates Mack and everything Mack stands for. Is that true?

I would be surprised if this were true. What does Mack stand for?

Old Tiger
10-01-2013, 11:12 PM
I would be surprised if this were true. What does Mack stand for?Not quite sure, I don't even think Mack knows.

But it reminds me of this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_s-Qk07KxA

msu97
10-02-2013, 02:23 PM
If Art did not like Mack, then that would have to come from a source close to Art, he would never say that in a public area or to anyone...
Briles has always seemed classy to me... but then so has Mack, and Sumlin, and Patterson... all these men are class acts... now has the game maybe passed some of them, or the way they recruit, it has definitely hurt Texas

coach
10-02-2013, 03:43 PM
I just dont see how someone can not like Mack Brown. The nicest coach i have ever met.

1st and goal
10-02-2013, 05:27 PM
I heard he isn't quitting until next August. Why would he quit just before a football season? He should leave in January.

Whomever takes this job has stormy waters ahead. Has to fire football, basketball and baseball coaches. Plus deal with the lawsuit from the previously fired girls track coach. Hot stormy waters indeed.

Old Tiger
10-02-2013, 05:31 PM
I heard he isn't quitting until next August. Why would he quit just before a football season? He should leave in January.

Whomever takes this job has stormy waters ahead. Has to fire football, basketball and baseball coaches. Plus deal with the lawsuit from the previously fired girls track coach. Hot stormy waters indeed.He is stepping down from an active AD position in December. He will be retained as a mentor and transitional period that will be September of 2014. Sadly Aug 31 2014, Deloss is due a 1 million dollar annuity bonus. The new AD will be in by Dec or sooner and will be fully in charge of all firings/hirings.

Or at least that is what I have read.

Roughneck93
10-02-2013, 07:19 PM
This is funny...

Mack Brown to fix Longhorns' soft reputation...

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2013/10/2/4794524/mack-brown-plans-to-fix-longhorns-soft-reputation (http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2013/10/2/4794524/mack-brown-plans-to-fix-longhorns-soft-reputation)

D'Highlander
10-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Greg Schiano is about to be out of a job... is he a fit here?

coach
10-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Greg Schiano is about to be out of a job... is he a fit here?

I wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole. Too controlling imo. Id go after Penn St. head coach.

hookandladder
10-25-2013, 01:51 PM

Mach will not be the AD and there are better head coaches out there then Muschamp, maybe as a DC but not HC.

D'Highlander
10-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Chip Brown reporting that West Virginia AD Oliver Luck could be named athletic director at Texas by the end of November

coach
10-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Chip Brown reporting that West Virginia AD Oliver Luck could be named athletic director at Texas by the end of November

WOW. Thats crazy

Lion70
10-28-2013, 02:46 PM

I wouldn't hold anything what Chip Brown has too say.

D'Highlander
10-28-2013, 02:50 PM

He was right about Dodds stepping down when EVERYONE else including the school was saying he wasn't...

Old Tiger
10-28-2013, 03:09 PM

That's been reported as early as 2 weeks ago.

Old Tiger
10-28-2013, 03:10 PM

Chip is either wrong or late to the party, this time he is late to the party.

Old Tiger
10-28-2013, 03:10 PM
He was right about Dodds stepping down when EVERYONE else including the school was saying he wasn't...

He was at least a month or 3 behind on reporting that.