PDA

View Full Version : Rangers-Rays game televised?

Scoop27
09-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Is this game being televised tonight? If so, what DirecTV channel?
Thanks

Roughneck93
09-30-2013, 06:53 PM
TBS...not sure what channel that is on DirecTV.

YTBulldogs
09-30-2013, 07:00 PM
Go Rangers. Sure hot at the right time. I think they will have to do something not many have done against TB starter, knock him out early.

hollywood
09-30-2013, 07:00 PM
TBS... DirecTV 247!!

YTBulldogs
09-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Rangers putting all their marbles on a 22 year old, Perez against the nasty one, Price.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-30-2013, 07:06 PM
Rangers putting all their marbles on a 22 year old, Perez against the nasty one, Price.

Tampa Bay putting all their marbles on a pitcher that has been hammered by the Rangers, 1-7 in his career with era of over 10 at The Ballpark in Arlington.

YTBulldogs
09-30-2013, 07:20 PM
Tampa Bay putting all their marbles on a pitcher that has been hammered by the Rangers, 1-7 in his career with era of over 10 at The Ballpark in Arlington.

I know. That scares me.

regaleagle
09-30-2013, 07:23 PM
DISH Channel 139

refereedoc
09-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Kinsler has got to be the worst base runner in MLB. I guess his supposed ADHD kicks in:vrycnfsd:

Tin Cup
09-30-2013, 08:29 PM
If the strike zone stays massive Price can dominate this lineup

Tejastrue
09-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Kinsler has got to be the worst base runner in MLB. I guess his supposed ADHD kicks in:vrycnfsd:

Andrus had a brain fart as well...

Tejastrue
09-30-2013, 08:31 PM
If the strike zone stays massive Price can dominate this lineup

Crazy strike zone...

Tejastrue
09-30-2013, 09:13 PM
I'm calling it now..if we can hold them to 4 runs we will win this game!!

YTBulldogs
09-30-2013, 09:30 PM
Better take advantage of that catch (ruled wrong by ump) gift they just got. Amazing 6 guys miss this.

Tin Cup
09-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Horribly umped game all the way around. That's such a bad call this whole crew outta be shut down.

YTBulldogs
09-30-2013, 09:39 PM

Kid did ok, but--through 7 thus far, Price was in total control. Got to get the pen somehow now. Come on Rangers.

regaleagle
09-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Rangers are not looking at the pitches for some reason. They are swinging the bat, but not exactly hitting it that well. It's probably Price just having good stuff tonite. Not really much you can do when a first class pitcher is on his game.

regaleagle
09-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Rangers are not looking at the pitches for some reason. They are swinging the bat, but not exactly hitting it that well. It's probably Price just having good stuff tonite. Not really much you can do when a first class pitcher is on his game.They got a big break on the trapped ball in center already, so there's really nothing they can complain about.

YTBulldogs
09-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Rangers are not looking at the pitches for some reason. They are swinging the bat, but not exactly hitting it that well. It's probably Price just having good stuff tonite. Not really much you can do when a first class pitcher is on his game.

:iagree: Nasty. Here comes our innings though. I feel a walk off forthcoming.

Tejastrue
09-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Great game by Price...Cruz a none factor..Soto would have been the better choice for DH if you go by recent success. Thanks to the Rangers for showing a little life and giving the fans hope.

Macarthur
09-30-2013, 10:25 PM
Great game by Price...Cruz a none factor..Soto would have been the better choice for DH if you go by recent success. Thanks to the Rangers for showing a little life and giving the fans hope.

They wouldn't have had to play like that at the end if they hadn't completely tanked for a month. Very disappointing season.

Need a big bat. I say they move kindler and make a run at cano.

YTBulldogs
09-30-2013, 10:25 PM

Agree. No way Cruz was "game shape" prepared for Price. Regardless history.

Scoop27
09-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Seemed like Rangers were just emotionally drained from playing so many tough games during this week plus stretch. Still give them an E for effort in making it to this opportunity

Tejastrue
09-30-2013, 10:34 PM
They wouldn't have had to play like that at the end if they hadn't completely tanked for a month. Very disappointing season.

Need a big bat. I say they move kindler and make a run at cano.

Why do you make a habit to take shots at my comments? They won 91 games for christ's sake. I think they overachieved this year the way the starting pirching was obliterated early on. You need to be a realist.

Deuce
09-30-2013, 10:44 PM
No way in hell we make a run at Cano!! We need a big bat at 1st and DH. Big trade coming this winter! Mark it down. Kins or Profar will be dealt!

Macarthur
09-30-2013, 10:46 PM
Why do you make a habit to take shots at my comments? They won 91 games for christ's sake. I think they overachieved this year the way the starting pirching was obliterated early on. You need to be a realist.

Quit being so sensitive. Has nothing to do with you.

I think in some ways given the injury situation, you could say they over achieved, but remember that the west was very very poor with Seattle, Houston and laa. They got to play 3 poor teams a lot. This team completely tanked two years in a row.

And how do you quantify washs sometimes ridiculous management of the pitching staff? How do you quantify their insanely poor base running?

What would be a real shame is if they let some team come in and steal Maddox. You want to see this team take a major step back, wait until someone steals Maddox.

Macarthur
09-30-2013, 10:46 PM
No way in hell we make a run at Cano!! We need a big bat at 1st and DH. Big trade coming this winter! Mark it down. Kins or Profar will be dealt!

What does it matter which position the big bat plays?

I've got 3 guys on my mind: McCann , Stanton & cano.

Deuce
09-30-2013, 10:51 PM
What does it matter which position the big bat plays?

I've got 3 guys on my mind: McCann , Stanton & cano.

McCann and Stanton would be possibilities, but Cano IMO is out of the question unless we make a MEGA MEGA deal. Don't see JD giving him 30 a year with Andrus, Pofar, and Kins on the roster.

Macarthur
09-30-2013, 10:56 PM
McCann and Stanton would be possibilities, but Cano IMO is out of the question unless we make a MEGA MEGA deal. Don't see JD giving him 30 a year with Andrus, Pofar, and Kins on the roster.

I think they use profar for something this offseason. Obviously, if you get cano, you move kinsler, which I am very good with.

And cano will not get $30 million per.

Tin Cup
09-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Cruz Murphy and kinsler might all be gone. If we don't get production out of 1B, LF, and young catcher we won't score runs next year either. I'm happy with 90+ wins with this team.

Deuce
09-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Cruz Murphy and kinsler might all be gone. If we don't get production out of 1B, LF, and young catcher we won't score runs next year either. I'm happy with 90+ wins with this team.

What he said!!

Macarthur
09-30-2013, 11:13 PM

It's not that I'm unhappy. I just think you have to keep getting better. This team has regressed two years in a row when the games matter the most. If you tell me we win 91 and play good baseball in August and September , that's totally diff than being on pace for 100 wins and totally coughing it up in September.

Tejastrue
09-30-2013, 11:15 PM

Duh..Gentry has played LF for the last month and has been one of the main reasons the Rangers made it this far. Soto has had more big time hits this year than I can remember. Moreland..well..not much to say...I still believe in him.

Macarthur
09-30-2013, 11:15 PM
Let me ask you this. If the Astros were not in our division, how many games would we have won? 84? 85? You still happy with that?

Tejastrue
09-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Let me ask you this. If the Astros were not in our division, how many games would we have won? 84? 85? You still happy with that?

Talk to Cleveland about that.

Macarthur
09-30-2013, 11:28 PM
Talk to Cleveland about that.

I don't understand your point.

Deuce
09-30-2013, 11:51 PM

Not sure what he meant but Chicago and Minnesota were not much better. This offense was doomed from the start losing Nap and Hamilton and replacing them with Berkman and AJ. AJ had a good year but Berkman sucked. Good thing is that our pitching staff should be strong next year. Just need some bats and get rid of the home plate improvements that messed up the jetstream!!

Macarthur
09-30-2013, 11:58 PM
Not sure what he meant but Chicago and Minnesota were not much better. This offense was doomed from the start losing Nap and Hamilton and replacing them with Berkman and AJ. AJ had a good year but Berkman sucked. Good thing is that our pitching staff should be strong next year. Just need some bats and get rid of the home plate improvements that messed up the jetstream!!

We had a AAA team in our division which was a big advantage.

Deuce
10-01-2013, 12:42 AM
We had a AAA team in our division which was a big advantage.

Cleveland had 2 of them.

regaleagle
10-01-2013, 02:36 AM
I've stated my position on the Rangers on this board, so I was really expecting this kind of finish in Sept. I was also impressed the players did give it their best shot at the end to extend the season. Price was very good tonite.....and that was the difference. The Rangers did hit the skids again, and left many RISP during that skid. Shuffling the lineup so much is never a good thing, but that should tell much about the need for hitting. Injured starting pitching really didn't hurt early on as many had thought, but at least the team knows now where they need to make changes. I'm certain JD will make some trades that will help this team be better next season.

GrTigers6
10-01-2013, 06:00 AM

Hamilton was barely average this year

Deuce
10-01-2013, 07:10 AM
Hamilton was barely average this year

I didn't want Hamilton back for that kind of money, but a barely average Hamilton was better than what we had at DH this year.

Farmersfan
10-01-2013, 08:47 AM
It was a fun game to watch for the most part. The Rangers were one big hit away from being right in the mix and the entire game you felt like they were "THIS CLOSE" to getting that hit. It never materialized though. Unlike some of you guys I don't excuse poor performance from a Professional athlete. We aren't talking about high school kids who should need motivated or put in the right emotional state. We are talking about professional baseball players. The players themselves and the team establishes expectations with how they play. If they are capable of 100 wins then 100 wins is what should be expected of them. And 100 wins was where they were headed until the big collapse in September. There is no excuse!

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2013, 08:54 AM
It was a fun game to watch for the most part. The Rangers were one big hit away from being right in the mix and the entire game you felt like they were "THIS CLOSE" to getting that hit. It never materialized though. Unlike some of you guys I don't excuse poor performance from a Professional athlete. We aren't talking about high school kids who should need motivated or put in the right emotional state. We are talking about professional baseball players. The players themselves and the team establishes expectations with how they play. If they are capable of 100 wins then 100 wins is what should be expected of them. And 100 wins was where they were headed until the big collapse in September. There is no excuse!

yet at one time you said they would be lucky to get what 85 wins or something?

Farmersfan
10-01-2013, 09:28 AM
yet at one time you said they would be lucky to get what 85 wins or something?

Actually I said the Rangers would struggle to win 80 games. See, my opinion early was based on unknowns and best guesses. Hindsight lets us place a different view of things. Or at least it should. The Astros, Angels and Mariners were not even close to what most people predicted before the season started. The Rangers had a -5 record against the East, -6 record against the Central Division and +30 against their own division for the season. They were .500 in interleague play.(10-10) So it stands to reason if the 3 teams mentioned from the Rangers own division were even a little bit more competitive the Ranger's overall record most likely would have been at least 10 games less................... But considering how poor we now know those teams to be we must adjust our expectations.

coach
10-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Actually I said the Rangers would struggle to win 80 games. See, my opinion early was based on unknowns and best guesses. Hindsight lets us place a different view of things. Or at least it should. The Astros, Angels and Mariners were not even close to what most people predicted before the season started. The Rangers had a -5 record against the East, -6 record against the Central Division and +30 against their own division for the season. They were .500 in interleague play.(10-10) So it stands to reason if the 3 teams mentioned from the Rangers own division were even a little bit more competitive the Ranger's overall record most likely would have been at least 10 games less................... But considering how poor we now know those teams to be we must adjust our expectations.

Eh, the Astros were pretty close. Some said it would be the worst team ever.

Macarthur
10-01-2013, 11:07 AM
Cleveland had 2 of them.

Neither of those teams were not nearly as poor as Houston.

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2013, 11:12 AM

my point is..you said before year lucky to win 80..they won 90..now your saying they did not meet expectations

Farmersfan
10-01-2013, 11:29 AM
my point is..you said before year lucky to win 80..they won 90..now your saying they did not meet expectations

Perhaps I just discovered why you and I disagree so often TXB. You have a "Best Guess" expectation in the beginning and obviously stick to it regardless of what happens on the field. Whereas I have expectations that are constantly changing based on how this team is playing and how their competition is playing. If you had told me in the beginning that the Astros, Mariners and Angels were going to lose a combined 286 games I would not have expected the Rangers to only win 80 games. In fact I can promise you if I'd known how poorly those divisional teams would end up i would have probably predicted closer to a 100 wins for the Rangers. 91 wins for this team in this division was a failed season. End of story!

Txbroadcaster
10-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Perhaps I just discovered why you and I disagree so often TXB. You have a "Best Guess" expectation in the beginning and obviously stick to it regardless of what happens on the field. Whereas I have expectations that are constantly changing based on how this team is playing and how their competition is playing. If you had told me in the beginning that the Astros, Mariners and Angels were going to lose a combined 286 games I would not have expected the Rangers to only win 80 games. In fact I can promise you if I'd known how poorly those divisional teams would end up i would have probably predicted closer to a 100 wins for the Rangers. 91 wins for this team in this division was a failed season. End of story!

your right...my expectations are not decided by other teams...I felt going into season( which I have said many times on here) That the Rangers chose youth this year and took a step back. if you would have told me in March they are playing for chance to get in I would be happy..simple as that

Farmersfan
10-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Eh, the Astros were pretty close. Some said it would be the worst team ever.

Yea but they will win the World Series next year!!!!

Deuce
10-01-2013, 11:58 AM

Rangers were a combined 44-13 against the Angels, Mariners, and Astros. I would say that's pretty solid. With your argument of Rangers winning 100 games because of how poor these teams are, they would have to have went 53-5 against these teams. I would bet that there is no team in baseball that had that kind of record against any 3 given teams in their division.

caleb_mccaig
10-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Yea but they will win the World Series next year!!!!

Only way this happens is if they can somehow get Stanton in a trade involving Profar or Andrus. I'd prefer Profar go because I doubt Miami will take Elvis' big contract and because Profar will take time to develop. We also have to sign Abreu, the most recent Cuban defector. Him and Puig played on the same team in Cuba and Abreu was by far the better player stats wise and probably attitude wise, batting .453 in 2010-2011 and has batted consistently over .300 in his career.

The down side on him however, is that Puig was given a 7 years $42 mil contract based on less than 10 batting practices, apparently this guy is going to want 7 years and north of $60 million. So we'll see just how dedicated we are to winning in the future.

Tejastrue
10-01-2013, 01:21 PM

It has been mentioned but the Tribe was 17-2 against the White Sox. The A's were 15-4 against the Stros.

Farmersfan
10-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Rangers were a combined 44-13 against the Angels, Mariners, and Astros. I would say that's pretty solid. With your argument of Rangers winning 100 games because of how poor these teams are, they would have to have went 53-5 against these teams. I would bet that there is no team in baseball that had that kind of record against any 3 given teams in their division.

I think you missed the point Deuce. I probably would not have predicted the Rangers would go 44-13 even if I knew how poor the division was. But I would have predicted at least a .500 record against the rest of the league. 11 games below .500 against the rest of the league pretty much tells how weak their own division really was..............

Farmersfan
10-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Only way this happens is if they can somehow get Stanton in a trade involving Profar or Andrus. I'd prefer Profar go because I doubt Miami will take Elvis' big contract and because Profar will take time to develop. We also have to sign Abreu, the most recent Cuban defector. Him and Puig played on the same team in Cuba and Abreu was by far the better player stats wise and probably attitude wise, batting .453 in 2010-2011 and has batted consistently over .300 in his career.

The down side on him however, is that Puig was given a 7 years $42 mil contract based on less than 10 batting practices, apparently this guy is going to want 7 years and north of $60 million. So we'll see just how dedicated we are to winning in the future.

It was a joke Caleb..... It was in response to Aggie's prediction of an Astro's World Series..............

caleb_mccaig
10-01-2013, 02:10 PM
It was a joke Caleb..... It was in response to Aggie's prediction of an Astro's World Series..............

Lol.....my bad! Regardless those are must have moves by JD this off-season.

Tin Cup
10-01-2013, 06:24 PM
If Gentry is the best we can do in LF we will be heading the wrong direction. Don't get me wrong he had a great couple of weeks and I actually really like his sipped and ability to make things happen at times. I just don't see him being good enough at the play as an every day player.

coach
10-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Who else would you rather have?

Tejastrue
10-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Well, if you are looking for a power hitting LF of course he is not but he was finally given consistant playing time and has produced and is a weapon on the base path. I would have him on my team. Nobody was complaining about Murphy when he was hitting and Gentry is by far a better outfielder. Wash himself called Gentry his best outfielder. JMO though.

Tin Cup
10-01-2013, 06:46 PM
An all star