Fredricksburg 4-1

Wimberley 2-3

Bandera 2-3

Boerne 2-3

Canyon Lake 0-5

How does it finish?

banderafan
09-30-2013, 07:47 AM
Navarro and Wimberley are the teams to beat (in that order). After that its wide open.

Papá Oso
09-30-2013, 08:10 AM
CL will win a game or 2 imo, I think they beat Bandera and maybe Boerne.

SHSBulldog00
09-30-2013, 11:15 AM
When was the last time Wimberley had 3 or more losses in a season?

Turin
09-30-2013, 11:17 AM
When was the last time Wimberley had 3 or more losses in a season?

bag-o-chips
10-03-2013, 06:43 AM
Any more thoughts. Usually the Wimberley people have some god insight.

LV_Bearfan
10-03-2013, 11:42 AM
The WT folks are regrouping right now, but I bet WT still gives Navarro a good run for district.
The last time Wimberley lost three in a row, they turned it around the next week and eventually went three rounds deep in the playoffs. That was after 40-0 and 20-0 losses to Dripping and La Vernia.
CL is also few breaks away from winning several district games.
They are physically better than their record might indicate.

Gone Fishing
10-03-2013, 01:49 PM
The WT folks are regrouping right now, but I bet WT still gives Navarro a good run for district.
The last time Wimberley lost three in a row, they turned it around the next week and eventually went three rounds deep in the playoffs. That was after 40-0 and 20-0 losses to Dripping and La Vernia.
CL is also few breaks away from winning several district games.
They are physically better than their record might indicate.

I'm not sure what to think about WT right now. I remember the two games you mentioned but we lost our senior QB in the first series of the DS game and then got killed in LV the next week. Instead of using the back up QB, Nelms took the younger brother of the QB (Blackmore, soph) and made him a QB for 4 or 5 weeks. He never played QB before that and never played QB after that.LOL. Senior brother got well and we went to the Quarter finals. Not losing a district game

This year I just don't know. With a 4th team getting in its pretty safe to say Navarro, Wimberley, Fred, and I think Boerne. With that said though for the first time ever in this alignment district anybody can and has a chance to make the playoffs. WT has not lost a district game in four straight years!!!!. I would love to see it 5, but don't think so unless some real improvement happens real quick.

rb585
10-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I'm not optimistic right now.

The thing that bothers me most is our last two second halves. We were down 1 at half to LV, but lost the second half 14-0. We were ahead 3 at half against LH, but lost the second half 14-0. That's scary. I'm all for giving Warren a chance, but I can't imagine that happening two weeks in a row with Nelms.

Gone Fishing
10-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Agree rb. I've said it before on a couple other post. I don't see any (what I call ) "leaders" on this team. Some of the key players / positions don't look confident on the field. The second half let downs are a direct result of that IMO.

Tejastrue
10-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Weatherford's Nelms and company would love a 2-3 record at this point in the season. Hope they are missing the hell out of us here in Wimberley...and it's way too soon to circle the wagons boys.