http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo&sns=em

Saggy Aggie
09-29-2013, 12:14 PM
USC administration >>> for how they fired him

Roughneck93
09-29-2013, 12:23 PM
USC administration >>> for how they fired him

Lol, yeah...

http://deadspin.com/lane-kiffin-was-fired-in-the-most-cold-blooded-way-1421405896

coach
09-30-2013, 07:31 AM
whats funny is the people that think usc will get Sumlin from A&M

msu97
09-30-2013, 07:50 AM
why wouldn't they?
USC is a storied program... Charlie Strong, Al Golden, Kevin Sumlin, they will all listen...

coaches will go where they can improve their name and make more money... Sumlin is a rising star in the coaching ranks...

does this mean he will go? no, but he will listen, as will the other coaches on that list...
I personally would think that Gruden would be the man for the job, but everyone is entitled to what they think and can have a wish list

bobcat1
09-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Lane Kiffin will be a Cowboys coach next. Hide and watch.

coach
09-30-2013, 08:43 AM
why wouldn't they?
USC is a storied program... Charlie Strong, Al Golden, Kevin Sumlin, they will all listen...

coaches will go where they can improve their name and make more money... Sumlin is a rising star in the coaching ranks...

does this mean he will go? no, but he will listen, as will the other coaches on that list...
I personally would think that Gruden would be the man for the job, but everyone is entitled to what they think and can have a wish list

It would be incredibly stupid for sumlin to take that job. He can make just as much at A&M. The aggies are about to have one of the nicest stadiums in the entire nation. USC's stadium is a dump. They are in trouble with the NCAA with violations. A&M's recruiting classes is through the roof. The only job I see Sumlin leaving for is an NFL job.

Jack Del Rio, Chris Peterson, Gary Patterson, and keep an eye on Chip Kelly. If the Eagles keep losing dont be surprised they dont go after a guy who dominated the Pac 12. Also, look at Art Briles.

msu97
09-30-2013, 09:46 AM
It would be incredibly stupid for sumlin to take that job. He can make just as much at A&M. The aggies are about to have one of the nicest stadiums in the entire nation. USC's stadium is a dump. They are in trouble with the NCAA with violations. A&M's recruiting classes is through the roof. The only job I see Sumlin leaving for is an NFL job.

Jack Del Rio, Chris Peterson, Gary Patterson, and keep an eye on Chip Kelly. If the Eagles keep losing dont be surprised they dont go after a guy who dominated the Pac 12. Also, look at Art Briles.

Why would it be stupid? he is in Hollywood... could make more money...the NCAA violations are coming to an end... not saying he is leaving, but USC is a more storied program than ATM, SUmlin's stock is sky high... he can recruit LA and Cali and get the best kids there...
there are all sorts of names that will be thrown out there, Jeff Fisher is another name, being a former Trojan himself... the program will lure big names, dont kid yourself and think that Sumlin will not listen, even if it is to get more money from ATM

caleb_mccaig
09-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Lane Kiffin fires me up. Just has never succeeded whatsoever as a coach but still gets the high profile coaching jobs. Cracks me up.

msu97
09-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Lane Kiffin fires me up. Just has never succeeded whatsoever as a coach but still gets the high profile coaching jobs. Cracks me up.

this is another case where how great daddy is, has helped son... and he will land another job, prolly with the 'Boys on his daddys recommendation...

caleb_mccaig
09-30-2013, 10:12 AM
I don't think he's really a bad coach or assistant, but I'd probably be pretty upset if the boys hired him in a big power role. Dooley has worked out well thus far as the WR coach and I'd say their coaching skills are around the same.

vtskneb
09-30-2013, 10:14 AM

Mentioning Art Briles as a possibility then saying it is stupid to think Sumlin would never listen IMO, is a stupid comment. I think Sumlin is more apt to take this job than Briles would ever be. I think Sumlin has some history outside the state of Texas. Briles, IMO will never leave the state.

coach
09-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Mentioning Art Briles as a possibility then saying it is stupid to think Sumlin would never listen IMO, is a stupid comment. I think Sumlin is more apt to take this job than Briles would ever be. I think Sumlin has some history outside the state of Texas. Briles, IMO will never leave the state.

I never said he wouldnt listen... I just dont think hed take the job. He would have to go in and rebuild. At this point in his career I dont t hink he wants to do that. I really think his next job will be in the NFL. You are probably right about Briles. I dont think he will leave the state.

Macarthur
09-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Sumlin will def listen.

However, I think a&ms biigest competition for him is the nfl.

The money thing I think is about a wash. USC could probably pay a bit more but with the taxes and cost of living, I think he would put more money in his pocket at A&M. And I wonder if USC holds the same luster that it once did?

coach
09-30-2013, 12:51 PM
Sumlin will def listen.

The money thing I think is about a wash. USC could probably pay a bit more but with the taxes and cost of living, I think he would put more money in his pocket at A&M. And I wonder if USC holds the same luster that it once did?

Not to mention the 300 million dollar donation atm just recievedd

Emerson1
09-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Sumlin will def listen.

I know these don't always matter, but USC's worst recruiting class these last few years was still only #14. Recruits still want to be there.

Old Tiger
09-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Sumlin will def listen.

The money thing I think is about a wash. USC could probably pay a bit more but with the taxes and cost of living, I think he would put more money in his pocket at A&M. And I wonder if USC holds the same luster that it once did?There are about 5-10 jobs in college football that you go to no matter what your circumstance may be at the current school.

Those would be Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Alabama, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Nebraska.

Saggy Aggie
09-30-2013, 06:31 PM
There are about 5-10 jobs in college football that you go to no matter what your circumstance may be at the current school.

Those would be Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Alabama, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Nebraska.

Oklahoma? Nebraska? All the others I'll somewhat agree with...

cougartino
09-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Jerry Jones will hire his ass!

Old Tiger
09-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Oklahoma? Nebraska? All the others I'll somewhat agree with...

If you don't consider those schools in the same category as the others listed then you don't know college football.

bobcat1
09-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Lane Kiffin will be a Cowboys coach next. Hide and watch.

Jerry Jones will hire his ass!

Great minds think alike.:2thumbsup

coach
09-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Starting to hear Kliff is a dark horse for the job.

Old Tiger
09-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Starting to hear Kliff is a dark horse for the job.

I'm hearing the real dark horse is in College Station.

coach
09-30-2013, 11:29 PM
I'm hearing the real dark horse is in College Station.

That's not a dark horse. He's prob there top 3.

coach
09-30-2013, 11:31 PM
But that's ok, he ain't going. Nowhere

coach
09-30-2013, 11:37 PM
Lol he got me

Saggy Aggie
10-01-2013, 06:37 AM
If you don't consider those schools in the same category as the others listed then you don't know college football.

Lol, Oklahoma is closer to the rest. Nebraska is not on the same level... Maybe Nebraska 10-15 years ago... Back when them and Miami were relevant

Old Tiger
10-01-2013, 06:47 AM
Lol, Oklahoma is closer to the rest. Nebraska is not on the same level... Maybe Nebraska 10-15 years ago... Back when them and Miami were relevant
Nebraska has been relevent since the 70s, top 5 winning program. Their biggest issue was what happened once partial qualifiers weren't allowed in the took steps back. They just need the right coach there and they will be back competing. Made a bad hire with Bill Callahan and Pelini is looking like a bad hire as well.