PDA

View Full Version : DQ BIG GAME OF THE WEEK-Ingleside @ Sinton

MustangFootball
09-29-2013, 07:43 AM
Okay guys it's official we can now start this thread. we have two weeks to talk about this game, who do you have? this should be a good one.

99IHSMustang
09-29-2013, 01:27 PM
I will take Ingleside by 2 TD's. The defense is where they need to be. The offense has gotten better. The QB needs to make some better decisions under pressure and I think the two losses helped expose that.

Ranger354
09-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Pirates by 3 pts.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-29-2013, 03:36 PM
Sinton since 2008 are 3-2 against Ingleside when both teams have been good so pretty much tells you how these team have matched up the last 5 years. Ingleside has won at Sinton only once in last 15 years.

Sinton has been district champions last 5 years straight with 2 years being a shared title.

K now with some of the history in back off, this year matchup at Sinton should be a good one. Sinton held LBJ to their lowest total of the season, 140 yds and LBJ 1st series pick up a first before being stopped on 4th short around Sinton 25. That would be their only 1st down til the 2nd half. Seeing Ingleside, their passing game not the same like past seasons. Their big threat was being covered at the line and with one covering deep in the Cuero game forcing Ingleside qb to look for different options. He did connect with him once for a td but #20was limpimg after catch and after the td.
Sinton qb has sevearal young recievers that have stepped it up this season and getting better every week making the catches in traffic. Deep ball timing isn't there yet with the young recievers but its there with the sr wr and he should be closer to 100 percent for this game so deep threat should be back.

Sinton by a td.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-29-2013, 04:57 PM
KRISTV game highlights of Sinton and Ingleside games this past week.

Sinton at Laredo LBJ (http://www.kristv.com/videoplayer/?video_id=37849&categories=69,71,77,89,295)

Cuero at Ingleside (http://www.kristv.com/videoplayer/?video_id=37830&categories=71,77,89,295)

MustangFootball
09-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Sinton since 2008 are 3-2 against Ingleside when both teams have been good so pretty much tells you how these team have matched up the last 5 years. Ingleside has won at Sinton only once in last 15 years.

Sinton has been district champions last 5 years straight with 2 years being a shared title.

K now with some of the history in back off, this year matchup at Sinton should be a good one. Sinton held LBJ to their lowest total of the season, 140 yds and LBJ 1st series pick up a first before being stopped on 4th short around Sinton 25. That would be their only 1st down til the 2nd half. Seeing Ingleside, their passing game not the same like past seasons. Their big threat was being covered at the line and with one covering deep in the Cuero game forcing Ingleside qb to look for different options. He did connect with him once for a td but #20was limpimg after catch and after the td.
Sinton qb has sevearal young recievers that have stepped it up this season and getting better every week making the catches in traffic. Deep ball timing isn't there yet with the young recievers but its there with the sr wr and he should be closer to 100 percent for this game so deep threat should be back.

Sinton by a td.
It's all in the way you look at it....Ingleside has Beaten Sinton 4 of the last 7 meeting and has 4 district titles over the 7 season, with 2 of those titles being shared. It's always a good game when these 2 teams meet, and I don't expect this year to be any different. This game has become a pretty big rivalry over the past few years. Aransas Pass has been Ingleside's biggest rival and Mathis was always Sinton's biggest rival. Those two teams have now drop down to the 2A ranks which now leaves Ingleside and Sinton looking for a new rivalry game.

YTBulldogs
09-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Ingelside wins in a humdinger of a finish, 37-35.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-30-2013, 10:38 AM
It's all in the way you look at it....Ingleside has Beaten Sinton 4 of the last 7 meeting and has 4 district titles over the 7 season, with 2 of those titles being shared. It's always a good game when these 2 teams meet, and I don't expect this year to be any different. This game has become a pretty big rivalry over the past few years. Aransas Pass has been Ingleside's biggest rival and Mathis was always Sinton's biggest rival. Those two teams have now drop down to the 2A ranks which now leaves Ingleside and Sinton looking for a new rivalry game.lol yea its how you want to look at it. Sinton has beaten Ingleside 11 of the last 15 meeting and has 11 district titles over the 15 seasons. :) MF we still got 2 weeks for this matchup in Sinton. Always good to see these two together in a matchup. Just hope I'm not out of town that week for work.

MUSTANG69
09-30-2013, 10:47 AM
I don't think past records means much in this game and hasn't for the past several years. It should be a very good game but the Mustangs come out on top by 2 TDs.

MustangFootball
09-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Yeah records don't mean much in this match up.....the curse is the favored team the last couple of years has lost...I'm hoping that's Sinton this year as they have a better record than Ingleside....this game should be fun, I saw a few Sinton players last Friday at the Ingleside/Cuero game. #10 Tyler Handson the QB was there wearing his Sinton shirt. I'm sure the boys on both sides will be ready.

MUSTANG69
09-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Yeah records don't mean much in this match up.....the curse is the favored team the last couple of years has lost...I'm hoping that's Sinton this year as they have a better record than Ingleside....this game should be fun, I saw a few Sinton players last Friday at the Ingleside/Cuero game. #10 Tyler Handson the QB was there wearing his Sinton shirt. I'm sure the boys on both sides will be ready.

I hope the Sinton QB got s good look at Christian Britt. He may be seeing a lot of him in the game or at least I hope he does.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-30-2013, 01:04 PM
I hope the Sinton QB got s good look at Christian Britt. He may be seeing a lot of him in the game or at least I hope he does.I think they know each other well already. Any game or games you going to this weekend? Not many choices that seem like good games locally.

MUSTANG69
09-30-2013, 02:55 PM
I think they know each other well already. Any game or games you going to this weekend? Not many choices that seem like good games locally.

Staying home this weekend. Promised the war department I would take her to dinner Friday night.

MustangFootball
09-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Well this game is gonna be awesome, I like going to Sinton but I hate the parking, looks like I have to get there early....awesome stadium though.

Blue42
10-01-2013, 02:03 AM
Well the game being at Sinton I'll say Mustangs by 3 if it were in Ingalside I'd say Mustangs by 7 should be a good one.

99IHSMustang
10-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Well this game is gonna be awesome, I like going to Sinton but I hate the parking, looks like I have to get there early....awesome stadium though.

I agree. The last time I was the parking was a little bit of a challenge.

pirate4state
10-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Really? Parking? Even with the added section? I think maybe now with the additional parking behind the softball field you guys should be ok ;) And I think there is even a ticket gate on the side street from where you'll be walking up from the softball parking lot to the football field.

Sinton by 1
:D

99IHSMustang
10-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Really? Parking? Even with the added section? I think maybe now with the additional parking behind the softball field you guys should be ok ;) And I think there is even a ticket gate on the side street from where you'll be walking up from the softball parking lot to the football field.

Sinton by 1

Let me see, that last time I was there at that dump was in 2011. :evilgrin: Did you guys have the additional parking availabe at that time?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Let me see, that last time I was there at that dump was in 2011. :evilgrin: Did you guys have the additional parking availabe at that time? parking for vistors is by the highway :)

MUSTANG69
10-01-2013, 12:08 PM

Sinton by 1

Sinton has a softball field?:evilgrin:

MUSTANG69
10-01-2013, 12:11 PM
parking for vistors is by the highway :)

So there has been no change in the parking arrangements after all.:D

MustangFootball
10-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Sinton has state of the art athletic facilities nice baseball, softball and football stadium. Are you guys gonna be selling fajita tacos? that's the one thing I wish Ingleside would sell...the only thing we cook are turkey legs and sausage wraps. I know Mathis has good fajita tacos.:thumbsup:

pirate4state
10-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Let me see, that last time I was there at that dump was in 2011. :evilgrin: Did you guys have the additional parking availabe at that time?

Please...you still have grass :doh:

as far as the parking...i honestly don't remember.

YTBulldogs
10-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Sinton has state of the art athletic facilities nice baseball, softball and football stadium. Are you guys gonna be selling fajita tacos? that's the one thing I wish Ingleside would sell...the only thing we cook are turkey legs and sausage wraps. I know Mathis has good fajita tacos.:thumbsup:

Shhhhhh, don't say turkey legs. We serve those too, every other year here.:wave:

pirate4state
10-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Sinton has a softball field?:evilgrin:

Yes and it even has it's own PA system. Unlike another patch of dirt/grass in Ingleside that needs to borrow the crappy PA system from the football field! LOL

YTBulldogs
10-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Yes and it even has it's own PA system. Unlike another patch of dirt/grass in Ingleside that needs to borrow the crappy PA system from the football field! LOL

Love ya'lls facilities P4S. Hopefully come Nov, we will know if we can upgrade some items? I know our coach took some photos of ya'lls baseball/softball complexes when we were there last summer.

99IHSMustang
10-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Please...you still have grass :doh:

as far as the parking...i honestly don't remember.

Haha. I wonder if Ingleside has considered going artificial. :thinking:

MUSTANG69
10-01-2013, 03:22 PM

I didn't know we had any grass. When you build a facility on top of an old refinery location, grass doesn't grow very well.:crazy1:

pirate4state
10-01-2013, 04:30 PM
I didn't know we had any grass. When you build a facility on top of an old refinery location, grass doesn't grow very well.:crazy1:

Haven't been to softball "field" in some years now, but I do remember a small patch of grass ;)

Ranger354
10-01-2013, 06:47 PM
yes the band will be selling fajita and sausage tacos.. I won't be able to help with the prep but I am sure they will be ready.

Parking is what it is. Get there early and stop crying.. I always hate it when folks show up at kick off and wonder why there is no parking.

As always this should be a good game.

Ingelside faithful travels good and are very vocal in the stands. I wish the Sinton folks would be a little more vocal at times.

Safe travels.... 10 days.....

sinfan75
10-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Ingleside by 21. Sinton D will determine the spread.

Bull Butter
10-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Battle of the teams that will get beat by Orange Grove

99IHSMustang
10-01-2013, 10:38 PM

haha... We will see.

MustangFootball
10-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Yeah we're just playing for 2nd place over here cause OG's undefeated.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

MUSTANG69
10-02-2013, 09:15 AM
I know Ingleside plays OG in the last week of district. When does Sinton play them?

pancho villa
10-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Where does a woman from Ingleside expect a man to take her on a FANCY date? Dairy Queen!

99IHSMustang
10-02-2013, 10:18 AM
I know Ingleside plays OG in the last week of district. When does Sinton play them?

Sintons plays OG the following week after the Ingleside game.

MUSTANG69
10-02-2013, 11:09 AM
Sintons plays OG the following week after the Ingleside game.

So they are going to start out 0-2 in district?:evilgrin:

99IHSMustang
10-02-2013, 12:19 PM

That is a possibility. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Sinton will have the district title wrap up after two weeks for its 6th straight district title :)
Sinton gave Orange Grove their first loss last season with a spanking and they'll give them their first loss again this season after doing this to the Mustangs http://www.956sports.com/forum/images/smilies/beatdeadhorse5.gif

http://www.956sports.com/forum/images/smilies/handball.gif

99IHSMustang
10-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Sinton will have the district title wrap up after two weeks for its 6th straight district title :)
Sinton gave Orange Grove their first loss last season with a spanking and they'll give them their first loss again this season after doing this to the Mustangs http://www.956sports.com/forum/images/smilies/beatdeadhorse5.gif

http://www.956sports.com/forum/images/smilies/handball.gif

Quit beating off that horse. :eek:

RiverRat19
10-02-2013, 01:34 PM
lol yea its how you want to look at it. Sinton has beaten Ingleside 11 of the last 15 meeting and has 11 district titles over the 15 seasons. :) MF we still got 2 weeks for this matchup in Sinton. Always good to see these two together in a matchup. Just hope I'm not out of town that week for work.

Indeed... Ingleside was a HUGE favorite in 2011 (like they are this year?) and Sinton won a thriller on a last minute TD and 2 point conversion after a roughing the kicker penalty on the PAT to tie the game at 21... That's why you play the games.

pirate4state
10-02-2013, 01:37 PM

:tisk: :tisk:

Phantom Stang
10-03-2013, 12:38 PM
I don't have an opinion on who wins, but I think it's cool to see two teams that are well represented on the 3ADL, being recognized as "DQ Big Game of the Week".:clap:

pirate4state
10-03-2013, 04:16 PM
I don't have an opinion on who wins, but I think it's cool to see two teams that are well represented on the 3ADL, being recognized as "DQ Big Game of the Week".:clap:

Yeah, I'm a little nervous about the entire state being able to see the "state" of our locker rooms :eek: !!! hey, maybe it will bring about a positive change! HAHA

MUSTANG69
10-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I'm a little nervous about the entire state being able to see the "state" of our locker rooms :eek: !!! hey, maybe it will bring about a positive change! HAHA

If you had eliminated 2 rows of those fancy seats at the softball field you could have fixed up the locker rooms.
Kidding aside, I don't think there are very many 3A schools that can match that field.

MUSTANG69
10-03-2013, 04:27 PM

This game has become a pretty good rivalry. At least on the 3ADL it has. DQ Game of the Week just adds a little more spice.

Blue42
10-04-2013, 06:53 AM
Shhhhhh, don't say turkey legs. We serve those too, every other year here.:wave:

Hay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YTBulldogs
10-04-2013, 10:22 AM
hay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Lets Go Pirates! First victim in district to walk the plank will be Mustangs!

MustangFootball
10-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Lets Go Pirates! First victim in district to walk the plank will be Mustangs!:lies::lies::tisk:

MUSTANG69
10-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Lets Go Mustangs! First victim in district to walk the plank will be Pirates!

I fixed it for you. No thanks needed.

pirate4state
10-07-2013, 09:36 AM
What's happening this week?

THE season begins Friday. Hope everyone is READY! It's gonna be a bumpy ride :D

MUSTANG69
10-07-2013, 10:40 AM
What's happening this week?

THE season begins Friday. Hope everyone is READY! It's gonna be a bumpy ride :D

Yep, this could come down to another 3 way tie for district with the same three teams. Actually I think it will more likely be a tie for second. Orange Grove and Sinton. Ingleside takes the championship.:D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Yep, this could come down to another 3 way tie for district with the same three teams. Actually I think it will more likely be a tie for second. Orange Grove and Sinton. Ingleside takes the championship.:D

After Friday, Ingleside will be tied for last :)

MUSTANG69
10-07-2013, 11:58 AM
After Friday, Ingleside will be tied for FIRST. :)

I fixed this one for you, also.:evilgrin:

99IHSMustang
10-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Have you ever seen a Mustang pimp slap a Pirate? If not, you will this Friday. :evilgrin:

MustangFootball
10-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Let's go Mustangs!!!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

MUSTANG69
10-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Have you ever seen a Mustang pimp slap a Pirate? If not, you will this Friday. :evilgrin:

If that don't fire them Sinton posters up nothing will. P4S will probably see red when she reads that.

pirate4state
10-08-2013, 09:46 AM
I can't believe I have nothing to say about this game.

MUSTANG69
10-08-2013, 10:10 AM
I can't believe I have nothing to say about this game.

Yes, your quietness is scarey.:eek:

pirate4state
10-08-2013, 10:52 AM
If that don't fire them Sinton posters up nothing will. P4S will probably see red when she reads that.

Yes, your quietness is scarey.:eek:

I actually chuckled and thought "man, that's pretty weak". We all know Mustangs don't have hands! HAHA ;-) Guess the mustang would have to use his tail to "slap" someone, but his tail will be tucked between his legs, so that won't work either :devil:

Our offense has been pretty vanilla, as I'm sure Ingleside's has, so I'm expecting fireworks on both sides come Friday night! GO PIRATES!!!

YTBulldogs
10-08-2013, 10:56 AM
This game will be tighter than what Harris Rating thinks. :eek:

MUSTANG69
10-08-2013, 11:03 AM
I actually chuckled and thought "man, that's pretty weak". We all know Mustangs don't have hands! HAHA ;-) Guess the mustang would have to use his tail to "slap" someone, but his tail will be tucked between his legs, so that won't work either :devil:

Our offense has been pretty vanilla, as I'm sure Ingleside's has, so I'm expecting fireworks on both sides come Friday night! GO PIRATES!!!

Now, that's more like it.:clap:

I really don't know what to think about this game. These 2 teams seem to be different from what we have seen the last 5 years or so. If I was a betting man I would have to steer clear of this one.

pirate4state
10-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Now, that's more like it.:clap:

I really don't know what to think about this game. These 2 teams seem to be different from what we have seen the last 5 years or so. If I was a betting man I would have to steer clear of this one.

Me either. We have shown signs of being great and then times when I am left scratching my head thinking *** just happened?! HAHA. Teenagers! :rolleyes::helpme:

MUSTANG69
10-08-2013, 11:27 AM
Me either. We have shown signs of being great and then times when I am left scratching my head thinking *** just happened?! HAHA. Teenagers! :rolleyes::helpme:

Well, we will know in a few days. I have a feeling this could be a high scoring affair.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Well, we will know in a few days. I have a feeling this could be a high scoring affair. :spitlol: :evilgrin: Go Mustangs!

MUSTANG69
10-08-2013, 02:09 PM
:spitlol: :evilgrin: Go Mustangs!

Now you have it right. I don't have to fix this one.

SINTON81
10-08-2013, 04:06 PM

Starting offensive center will be back for this game. He got hurt and missed the Raymondville & LBJ games. I feel like him being back will help our offense. But then again I may be bias because he is my son.

pirate4state
10-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Starting offensive center will be back for this game. He got hurt and missed the Raymondville & LBJ games. I feel like him being back will help our offense. But then again I may be bias because he is my son.

Good news!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Starting offensive center will be back for this game. He got hurt and missed the Raymondville & LBJ games. I feel like him being back will help our offense. But then again I may be bias because he is my son.There was some bad snaps while he was out but overall the kid that fill in did ok. Glad to hear he's back and ready to help his teammates on Friday nights. Go Pirates, Mustangs on the menu for Friday :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Now you have it right. I don't have to fix this one.
:lies:

MustangFootball
10-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Can't wait just a few more days. :1popcorn:

Go Mustangs!!!!

Ranger354
10-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Pirate fans we got 2 more days!!!

MUSTANG69
10-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Pirate fans we got 2 more days!!!

Then you can get them crying towels all wet.:D

pirate4state
10-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Then you can get them crying towels all wet.:D

What?

Hey, so when are all the DQ festivities gonna happen?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2013, 10:07 AM
What?

Hey, so when are all the DQ festivities gonna happen?Pep rally I think starts at 3:15 and done around 3:45 and then the band will march from HS to DQ with only the drummers going inside from what I heard from my neice.

Ranger354
10-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Isn't there some sort of preview show that will be on late after the game on fox south west or something.

MUSTANG69
10-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Isn't there some sort of preview show that will be on late after the game on fox south west or something.

I think you are right but I don't know the details.

pirate4state
10-10-2013, 12:28 PM

They will air the footage from the pep rally and game highlights on the midnight scoreboard show on FSSW. Usually at the half-way point. Channel 676 on DirecTv and 412 (I think) on Dish.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2013, 12:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3b1KpsdSPI

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2013, 07:24 PM
KZTV10 Ingleside vs Sinton preview (http://www.kztv10.com/videoplayer/?video_id=38211&categories=87,89,295)

99IHSMustang
10-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Gameday!!! Hope for an injury free game on both sides. Go Mustangs.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Gameday!!! Hope for an injury free game on both sides. :2thumbsup

Hopefully good weather for this game, might be windy according to dead wrong dale.

MUSTANG69
10-11-2013, 10:39 AM
:2thumbsup

Hopefully good weather for this game, might be windy according to dead wrong dale.

That means it will be dead calm. He didn't get the nickname "dead wrong" for nothing.

99IHSMustang
10-11-2013, 10:47 AM
That means it will be dead calm. He didn't get the nickname "dead wrong" for nothing.

Weather.com shows 20-30 % chance of scattered rain from 5-7 p.m. That should cool down the temps hopefully for a nice football night.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Sinton+TX+USTX1265:1:US?pagenum=2&nextbeginIndex=6

MustangFootball
10-11-2013, 11:18 AM
My goal today at work is make it through the day, ITS GAME DAY BABY!!!!

Cool_Arrow
10-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Today is the day!!! Been a rivalry for a long time down in South Texas! Sinton coming off of a bye week has to come out on fire if Inglesdie punces early then they may run away with it. Its been back and forth through the past seven years so its anyones game. '09 season people thought sinton wasnt going to be very good being so young especially offensive line wise and they fought the whole game until giving up a last minute kickoff return for ingleside to win the game. '10 sinton smashed ingleside, '11 season people thought ingleside was going to roll over sinton but ended up losing by one point I believe and last year ingleside came out and got after it! It's going to be who comes to play there is no underdog, the game will be close I gotta go with Sinton, but good luck to both teams tonight and GATA!

Ranger354
10-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Ingelside will have a few trick plays up the old sleeve I bet. That may be the difference.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2013, 01:04 PM
Ingelside will have a few trick plays up the old sleeve I bet. That may be the difference.onside kicks.....fake handoffs on kickoff return....

Hopfefully Sinton uses a bit of what Cuero did on Ingleside Gross, try and take him out of the game and make the other receivers make the catches. We'll see how Sinton plays it on defense.

Sinton plays more man to man on the corners but we'll find out if some adjustments.

99IHSMustang
10-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Ingelside will have a few trick plays up the old sleeve I bet. That may be the difference.

I think the difference may be with the defense IMO. Ingleside is surrendering only 14 points a game. That is really good. I have a feeling that the Ingleside offense is going to turn it up a notch tonight.

pirate4state
10-11-2013, 01:39 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing us use a few tricks and/or open up or offensive playbook! We have the weapons -- maybe they were waiting for just the right opponent :D

99IHSMustang
10-11-2013, 02:04 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing us use a few tricks and/or open up or offensive playbook! We have the weapons -- maybe they were waiting for just the right opponent :D

There is no doubt in my mind that both coaches reserved some sets just for district.. :)

Cool_Arrow
10-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Any word on if it'll be streaming online druing the game??? Or radio?

Phil C
10-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Halftime it is Ingleside 13 Sinton 9.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2013, 08:36 PM
Any word on if it'll be streaming online druing the game??? Or radio?

Ingleside 13 Sinton 9 half

Sinton missed opportunities to be up in this game. Sinton defense playing good and good to see freshman Ethan Owens playing on defense has looked good when he's in there.

Sinton gets the ball to start 2nd half

Phil C
10-11-2013, 09:33 PM
Near the end of the third quarter Ingleside 21 Sinton 16.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Ingleside 35 Sinton 23 Final

Great Game!

Sinton drive stalls around Ingleside 30. Big game saving sack for Ingleside on 4th and 4 with just over a minute to go with score Ingleside 28 Sinton 23. Ingleside added a last sec td with under a min.

Sinton defense is improving, offense needs to find a way to put it in end zone on red zones opportunities.

Good luck Mustangs in the playoffs.

99IHSMustang
10-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Ingleside 35 Sinton 23 Final

Great Game!

Sinton drive stalls around Ingleside 30. Big game saving sack for Ingleside on 4th and 4 with just over a minute to go with score Ingleside 28 Sinton 23. Ingleside added a last sec td with under a min.

Sinton defense is improving, offense needs to find a way to put it in end zone on red zones opportunities.

Good luck Mustangs in the playoffs.

The momentum went back and forth. It was a great game. I believe Inglesides offense is still too predictable though. We run on first and second. Then throw on third. Rinse and repeat.

MustangFootball
10-12-2013, 12:30 AM
The momentum went back and forth. It was a great game. I believe Inglesides offense is still too predictable though. We run on first and second. Then throw on third. Rinse and repeat.

That's so funny cause we were talking about that at the game....run, run, pass.!!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-12-2013, 12:34 AM

Big plays on 3rd down a few times got Mustang some scores. Passing game is still there but two games I've seen now they just haven't favored the pass more.

Stats from the game
First downs
Sinton 20 Ingleside 9
Rushing
Sinton 252 Ingleside 117
Passing
Sinton 153 Ingleside 135
Total Yards
Sinton 405 Ingleside 252

Sinton qb, Handson 112 yds rushing 3 tds and 153 yds passing, with one interception
Ingleside qb, Barajas 17 yds rushing, 135 passing, 1 td and 1 interception.

99IHSMustang
10-12-2013, 01:03 AM
Big plays on 3rd down a few times got Mustang some scores. Passing game is still there but two games I've seen now they just haven't favored the pass more.

Stats from the game
First downs
Sinton 20 Ingleside 9
Rushing
Sinton 252 Ingleside 117
Passing
Sinton 153 Ingleside 135
Total Yards
Sinton 405 Ingleside 252

Sinton qb, Handson 112 yds rushing 3 tds and 153 yds passing, with one interception
Ingleside qb, Barajas 17 yds rushing, 135 passing, 1 td and 1 interception.

He SFIA, where did you get your stats from? I was looking at the caca times and didn't see them there. Tyler Handson is a great athlete. I think our defense has definitely played to a bend, but don't break fashion. I just would like to see the play calling be more creative on offense. Throw in some more slants on first and second down. Get the QB in some type of rythm. I feel like the expectation for him to make the long throws should be there, but if your going to throw primarily on 3rd down more than likely your opponent knows that. It seems pretty logical to me, but what do I know I am just watching from the stands.

Ranger354
10-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Heck of a game!!!! From the score you would have thought this was a walk for ingelside. Sinton defense played very well. The play were there for Sinton to win, but you have to catch the ball when it's in your hands. Sure would like to see that interception Tyler made near the end. Sinton had the ball with plenty of clock and marched down the field with ease at times. Just came up a little short. Great game!!!!

pirate4state
10-12-2013, 09:44 AM
He SFIA, where did you get your stats from? I was looking at the caca times and didn't see them there. Tyler Handson is a great athlete. I think our defense has definitely played to a bend, but don't break fashion. I just would like to see the play calling be more creative on offense. Throw in some more slants on first and second down. Get the QB in some type of rythm. I feel like the expectation for him to make the long throws should be there, but if your going to throw primarily on 3rd down more than likely your opponent knows that. It seems pretty logical to me, but what do I know I am just watching from the stands.

Probably prepmax. It was a great game! We had so many opportunities to pull ahead, but credit Ingleside...when they needed a stop; they go it.

Ranger354 - agree with your post!

Gotta put this game away and get ready for Orange Grove. They always play us tough and they are riding high and we will be at their crappy field :hairpunk::hairpunk:

GO PIRATES!!!!

99IHSMustang
10-12-2013, 10:23 AM
Heck of a game!!!! From the score you would have thought this was a walk for ingelside. Sinton defense played very well. The play were there for Sinton to win, but you have to catch the ball when it's in your hands. Sure would like to see that interception Tyler made near the end. Sinton had the ball with plenty of clock and marched down the field with ease at times. Just came up a little short. Great game!!!!

I didnt know that Tyler made that int. Defintely no cakewalk for either team. I think this is going to help both teams come playoff time.

99IHSMustang
10-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Probably prepmax. It was a great game! We had so many opportunities to pull ahead, but credit Ingleside...when they needed a stop; they go it.

Ranger354 - agree with your post!

Gotta put this game away and get ready for Orange Grove. They always play us tough and they are riding high and we will be at their crappy field :hairpunk::hairpunk:

GO PIRATES!!!!

Playing in Sinton has been tough for just about any team. I felt that both sides missed opportunities. Sinton with the 4 and long bomb at the beginning of the game that just slipped away from the receiver and the final drive. Ingleside WR Terrance Robinson should have intercepted the pass that Tyler threw when he stepped in front of the receiver. He had a clear path with his speed that would have made it a pick six.

cboycansurvive
10-12-2013, 11:35 PM
2 in a row!

YTBulldogs
10-13-2013, 12:13 AM
Boy, the stat's don't show this outcome, huh? Both are quality teams and will represent R4 well in playoffs. Congrats IS.

cboycansurvive
10-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Stats are for losers. Sinton moved the ball between the 20's and went for it on every 4th down even in own territory. around 70 of their pass yards came in the last minute after Ingleside went up 35-23. Ingleside went to prevent and Sinton completed underneath routes all the way from their 20 to inside the Ingleside 10 until time ran out.

MustangFootball
10-13-2013, 11:18 AM
On a side note Terrance Robinson was flying out that night after the game to visit BYU, not sure how his trip went. Just read it on twitter a writer for 24/7 sports tweeted it.

99IHSMustang
10-13-2013, 11:58 AM
On a side note Terrance Robinson was flying out that night after the game to visit BYU, not sure how his trip went. Just read it on twitter a writer for 24/7 sports tweeted it.

Good for him. Glad to hear that he is getting more looks.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Stats are for losers. Sinton moved the ball between the 20's and went for it on every 4th down even in own territory. around 70 of their pass yards came in the last minute after Ingleside went up 35-23. Ingleside went to prevent and Sinton completed underneath routes all the way from their 20 to inside the Ingleside 10 until time ran out.lol then why you worry about the last 70 yards.

This game didn't come down to stats but the team that made the more big plays when needed. For Sinton the positive side was their defense has been getting better over the past two games but will get a big test by that high scoring team from Orange Grove. Good outing in that game and Sinton will be getting better by playoff time.

Good luck to Mustangs rest of the season.

MustangFootball
10-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Good for him. Glad to hear that he is getting more looks.

Yeah here's an article I came across earlier today.

http://byu.scout.com/2/1336208.html:clap:

99IHSMustang
10-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Yeah here's an article I came across earlier today.

http://byu.scout.com/2/1336208.html:clap:

If he keeps his grades up and plays to his potential he may just get that offer from BYU. Good luck to Terrance. Thanks for posting MF.