PDA

View Full Version : Argyle vs Gilmer biggest game of the year epic battle

orange machine
09-28-2013, 10:49 PM
I think this game will end up being the best 3a game in years. I don't think anybody in 3a can beat either team except both theses teams. I've said it all year Argyle will not get challenged at all until the 3rd round when they face Gilmer. Will that hurt Argyle or not? Argyle will beat everybody including Celina in district im afraid by 50+ points.

regaleagle
09-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Week 10 is the week Argyle plays Celina, but more importantly to most others....it is the week Ranchview plays Aubrey to decide which division Argyle will play in the playoffs. To the Argyle nation, we aren't concerned about divisions....the team is committed to winning this season regardless of the opponent or D1 vs D2. It's a tough road either way, and only the best will survive. Whether Argyle can make it to the SC or not will not depend on the division they fall in this season, imo. It will depend on how they perform each week and staying healthy. The talent and experience is already there, the schemes are being added each week and being taught to new players as the season progresses. The senior leadership is a huge advantage over last season's team.

orange machine
09-28-2013, 11:37 PM
Week 10 is the week Argyle plays Celina, but more importantly to most others....it is the week Ranchview plays Aubrey to decide which division Argyle will play in the playoffs. To the Argyle nation, we aren't concerned about divisions....the team is committed to winning this season regardless of the opponent or D1 vs D2. It's a tough road either way, and only the best will survive. Whether Argyle can make it to the SC or not will not depend on the division they fall in this season, imo. It will depend on how they perform each week and staying healthy. The talent and experience is already there, the schemes are being added each week and being taught to new players as the season progresses. The senior leadership is a huge advantage over last season's team.
I don't think Argyle has to worry to much about week 10 Celina is having problems throwing on avg. teams let alone good ones.

Celina8
09-29-2013, 07:49 AM
I don't think Argyle has to worry to much about week 10 Celina is having problems throwing on avg. teams let alone good ones.

The game this year with Celina will be pretty much like last years game. There is just two wide a gap between the level of play of Argyle and Celina. Argyle is already in Championship Form and Celina is struggling to show improvement each week.

buckeyebob
09-29-2013, 08:25 AM
We will be following the same path with Kilgore @ Bulldogville in Week 10 (for district champs...I see both being undefeated) with Div 1 & 2 reps already decided. I think I can speak for the Buckeyes...in 3 short years, a rivalry has developed wth Argyle leading 2-1. Argyle is a well coached, hard hitting group and is larger but we seem to hold up to the onslaught. East Texas Speed vs Rich Dallas Burb, personal trainers & nutritionists, new uniforms...hopefully we will have our jerseys back from the repair shop in Bangladesh and we will be able to afford the trip for Meet IV...The Clash of the Haves & Have Nots (we have the receivers & runners + The Black Flag small but quick Defense)... I voted to call 'em the Rabid Spider Monkeys.

regaleagle
09-29-2013, 09:09 AM
Yeah, sure buckeyebob....you poor little Gilmerites have absolutely nothing in the way of facilities....do you??? Y'all have been to the top of the mountain in football how many times in your storied past???? How many years has Gilmer played football????? How many people does Gilmer have in the town and in the county that is their support system??????? Since when is East Texas void of all the same improvements in training, technology, and quality coaching staffs, huh????????? Sounds to me like when you really analyze it, Gilmer is the one that has much more at their disposal for being a more complete football program than little ol' Argyle that doesn't even have a grocery store in the town. Heck, some of the more affluent families wouldn't even let their kids go to AHS until recently....they had their kids enrolled and playing at Argyle Liberty Christian....and some still do. Let me get my tissues out right now.....just to be on the safe side, lol.

Aesculus gilmus
09-29-2013, 09:56 AM
I agree with buckeyebob's analysis here.

Not that I mind playing Argyle every year because it is obviously a program with a lot of class, but Gilmer should be playing schools more on our socioeconomic level. What is the per capita income of residents of the Aubrey ISD? :D

regaleagle, our facilities are still not that good in the larger scheme of thing in Texas high school football. Only 20 miles down the road from here, Longview Pine Tree just built a brand-new $16 million stadium. That means their football program has been rewarded close to ONE MILLION DOLLARS PER VICTORY for every win in this century. If Gilmer were allowed to build a stadium based on a ratio like that, we'd be able to spend about $150 million. Instead, we were only allowed a $2 million upgrade. Granted, we do have the advantage of not having a viable private school in the immediate vicinity of Gilmer.

Celina8
09-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Gilmer like so many other East Texas schools have that East Texas Oil and Gas Revenue that we just don't have. Next time any of you go see Gilmer play go out to the parking lot and see all the nice big Pickups, and expensive cars with Buckeye stickers...Them boys in Argyle are just a bunch of good old boys that haul hay and pick okra. Shoot their weight room is nothing more than a few mule harnesses, 10 truck tires, 2 jump ropes, and 6 five gallon buckets of crushed rock....but, man look at the results!!!!

bearbear78
09-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Yeah, sure buckeyebob....you poor little Gilmerites have absolutely nothing in the way of facilities....do you??? Y'all have been to the top of the mountain in football how many times in your storied past???? How many years has Gilmer played football????? How many people does Gilmer have in the town and in the county that is their support system??????? Since when is East Texas void of all the same improvements in training, technology, and quality coaching staffs, huh????????? Sounds to me like when you really analyze it, Gilmer is the one that has much more at their disposal for being a more complete football program than little ol' Argyle that doesn't even have a grocery store in the town. Heck, some of the more affluent families wouldn't even let their kids go to AHS until recently....they had their kids enrolled and playing at Argyle Liberty Christian....and some still do. Let me get my tissues out right now.....just to be on the safe side, lol.
This is a football game right? 11 on both sides of the ball? Each team with the same objective?

regaleagle
09-29-2013, 10:23 AM
Heck, the only reason Argyle got new uniforms this season is because the old ones were just worn out from so many beatings we have taken over the years by teams like Gilmer, Wimberley, and Celina. We scrimped and saved every nickel in the athletic dept. to give these boys a fresh look this season....just in case we get in the regional final again. If we don't do anything else, at least our boys will look good in front of these other teams that have such a successful football history. And maybe it'll give the boys a feeling they are just as good as everybody else. Yep, now that we have new uni's in Argyle, lookout folks. No telling what this team will be able to accomplish looking so pretty, haha.

lostaussie
09-29-2013, 11:51 AM
This game.......if it even happens, is still 2 months away! Lol

bobcat1
09-29-2013, 12:11 PM
Facilities look pretty good to me. http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=661

orange machine
09-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Ok back on track this game seriously has the making of being something I can't explain right now cause I just woke up lol.

regaleagle
09-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Oh heck, bobcat1....they can put any ol' picture up there to make it look good....you know that, lol. Now, let's see what Gilmer's stadium looks like.....

hollywood
09-29-2013, 12:29 PM
I'll be watching Stephenville vs one of these Reg 1 D1 teams... Graham, A Wylie, Monahans, etc that weekend or I'd make this one of it happened! ;)

orange machine
09-29-2013, 04:09 PM
I'll be watching Stephenville vs one of these Reg 1 D1 teams... Graham, A Wylie, Monahans, etc that weekend or I'd make this one of it happened! ;)

Oh its gonna happen!!!

I think this game will end up being the best 3a game in years. I don't think anybody in 3a can beat either team except both theses teams. I've said it all year Argyle will not get challenged at all until the 3rd round when they face Gilmer. Will that hurt Argyle or not? Argyle will beat everybody including Celina in district im afraid by 50+ points.

Your full of it

orange machine
09-29-2013, 06:42 PM
Your full of it

Lol why in the world would you say that?

#1 TEXAN
09-29-2013, 09:45 PM
Lots of football to still be played to be talking about this game already, I agree would be a great game but nothing is guaranteed. Grades, health, suspensions, ect all can change a team real quick.

regaleagle
09-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Lots of football to still be played to be talking about this game already, I agree would be a great game but nothing is guaranteed. Grades, health, suspensions, ect all can change a team real quick.

:iagree:

orange machine
09-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Ok if all things go as planned how about that?