PDA

View Full Version : Sealy (2-2, 1-0) at Wharton (5-0, 1-0)

Scoop27
09-28-2013, 03:46 PM
I expect a close one- Really expected Wharton to score more points against Needville but the Bluejay defense is tough this year.
Wharton is off to a 5-0 start for the first time since 1979.
I'll go with the Tigers from Wharton County

Pudlugger
09-28-2013, 04:42 PM
I gotta go with Wharton. They have shown they are a quality football team while Sealy has yet to prove themselves. After what happened last year at Sealy the Tigers will want revenge so I should not count them out. Wharton by 3.

957tiger
09-28-2013, 10:14 PM
I kinda of like the fact that Sealy isnt expected to do much in D-25. While its true we don't have the fire power that the front runners appear to have. We quietly continue to get better each week. Coach Holcomb and his staff are still working out the kinks and the boys are doing their best and it shows. The good thing is most fans are excited about the change. Yep it's fun to be the team that can surprise you at the end of the game. QB Holten Einkauf is a 2-year starter and is tough as nails. Christian Wallace is 6'2 215 speedster that's fun to watch. He had 192 yds on 11 carries against Royal. On defense we lack size. Speed is not in question as Sealy brings a swarming, to the ball type defense. Its when you're expected to win and don't, now thats a bad night. Wharton is good and Sealy is getting better. Should be a good game between two teams of Tigers.

WhartonTigers
09-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Too bad Wharton is returning the entire Receiving core, D Line and Outside line backers and 2 d backs. , i doubt if sealy gets ten points. Wharton 25-10. Hopefully Sealy's pass defense has improved from last year.

YTBulldogs
09-30-2013, 09:35 AM
Wharton 40
Sealy 13

WhartonTigers
09-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Wharton 40
Sealy 13

Smart man

maestro
09-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Too bad Wharton is returning the entire Receiving core, D Line and Outside line backers and 2 d backs. , i doubt if sealy gets ten points. Wharton 25-10. Hopefully Sealy's pass defense has improved from last year.

Wow

Lots of bad blood historically in this series...and strangely, don't know the origins...

WhartonTigers seems to be overflowing with confidence.

YTBulldogs
09-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Smart man

No, just a very good team down Hwy 59.

957tiger
09-30-2013, 03:35 PM

Ok. I guess that means exactly what?. Still expecting a good game from both teams. Wharton took home a one-point victory last season and Sealy was without 4 starters and several more at less than healthy. Ask Bellville what they thought about Columbus prior to the game last week. Any team on any night can win. Don't think it will be a blow-out by any means.

WhartonTigers
10-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Ok. I guess that means exactly what?. Still expecting a good game from both teams. Wharton took home a one-point victory last season and Sealy was without 4 starters and several more at less than healthy. Ask Bellville what they thought about Columbus prior to the game last week. Any team on any night can win. Don't think it will be a blow-out by any means.

See ya FRIDAY 5-0 1-0!!!!!! No games are being played these boys have one motto for this year and that is TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!1 one week at a time....If they do get behind they bust their buts even harder and does what it takes to secure the win.

WhartonTigers
10-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Wow

Lots of bad blood historically in this series...and strangely, don't know the origins...

WhartonTigers seems to be overflowing with confidence.

I have watched these boys train for an entire year to better their development and skills on the field, mentally and physically, it will be nearly impossible to blow these guys out. When you score against them they fight back even harder to make sure the Wharton Tigers are on top of the score board come 0:00 of the 4th qtr.

Scoop27
10-01-2013, 03:09 PM
The Tigers have overcome penalties, mental mistakes, turnovers, bad snaps to win four tough games (not counting Houston Scarborough). They made the plays when they had to. Despite scoring only 32 points against Needville last week. They played lights out defense and held Needville to a field goal. Even though Needville was winless coming in, the played the Tigers tough through the first half.
Wharton is playing with a lot of confidence and can play come from behind football when they need to liked they proved against Columbia and Brazosport.
The Wharton Tigers will find a way to win Friday and playing at home will help. This game will probably be decided by a touchdown or less

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-02-2013, 07:27 PM
See ya FRIDAY 5-0 1-0!!!!!! No games are being played these boys have one motto for this year and that is TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!1 one week at a time....If they do get behind they bust their buts even harder and does what it takes to secure the win.

This guy is cracking me up.. "no games are being played" lol

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-02-2013, 07:30 PM
I have watched these boys train for an entire year to better their development and skills on the field, mentally and physically, it will be nearly impossible to blow these guys out. When you score against them they fight back even harder to make sure the Wharton Tigers are on top of the score board come 0:00 of the 4th qtr.

And dang i forgot Wharton was the only team in the state who trained for a year to actually be better on the field... we don't have a chance :doh:

WhartonTigers
10-03-2013, 08:31 AM
And dang i forgot Wharton was the only team in the state who trained for a year to actually be better on the field... we don't have a chance :doh:

What's Sealy's record this year? How many yards have they given up on D? cmon lets talk football

stxtiger
10-03-2013, 09:44 AM
What's Sealy's record this year? How many yards have they given up on D? cmon lets talk football

Let's talk football. Neither team has played a very good slate of opponents. Wharton's scheduled opponents are a combined 6-16, while Sealy's is a combined 8-15. Yes Sealy has given up a lot of yards but they have also been trying to learn a new defensive scheme, completely opposite from what they have had as well as asking several players to step into new roles. The offense has thrown for around 600 yards and rushed for almost 1500. This includes a game where the field was so sloppy the oline couldn't stand up. What does the stats for Wharton look like? I know Wharton is a good team but you guys seem overly cocky this year. The game has to be played Friday night and I like the chances for the Tigers from Sealy. If they can hold Wharton to 28 or less points they will win. The offense is that good.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-03-2013, 10:18 AM
So now we can talk football? Coming from a poster who sounds like he is probably a backup on the wharton team. Haha i forgot that's what this forum was about, silly me.. Sealy's Holten Einkauf and Christian Wallace will dominate you; Wharton hasn't seen a backfield like them yet this year. Im glad you are so confident, probably the first time in about 10 years you have even had the right to be. Sealy will give up some points this friday for sure but we will score a lot as well. Wish i could watch it in person but i'll be listening online and playing around on here

WhartonTigers
10-03-2013, 10:33 AM
So now we can talk football? Coming from a poster who sounds like he is probably a backup on the wharton team. Haha i forgot that's what this forum was about, silly me.. Sealy's Holten Einkauf and Christian Wallace will dominate you; Wharton hasn't seen a backfield like them yet this year. Im glad you are so confident, probably the first time in about 10 years you have even had the right to be. Sealy will give up some points this friday for sure but we will score a lot as well. Wish i could watch it in person but i'll be listening online and playing around on here

LMBO you guys are hilarious...See ya tomorrow... GO TIGERS!!!!!LOL Im pretty sure this year's RB is nowhere near the manchild in Davis last year.

Scoop27
10-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Unfortunately I'll miss this game-Will be covering the Ganado at Louise game for the El Campo newspaper

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-03-2013, 12:21 PM
LMBO you guys are hilarious...See ya tomorrow... GO TIGERS!!!!!LOL Im pretty sure this year's RB is nowhere near the manchild in Davis last year.

Hes only a 6'3'' soph who had over 190 on 11 carries last week.

stxtiger
10-03-2013, 01:03 PM

You're right. When its all said and done he may be better. You guys sure are cocky for beating a bunch of nobodies. You only put up 32 on Needville. Just wait till Friday and see what happens. Wharton has a decent year last year and gets off to a hot start and they think they are a power house. You guys are so cute with your new found attitude.

WhartonTigers
10-03-2013, 01:26 PM
You're right. When its all said and done he may be better. You guys sure are cocky for beating a bunch of nobodies. You only put up 32 on Needville. Just wait till Friday and see what happens. Wharton has a decent year last year and gets off to a hot start and they think they are a power house. You guys are so cute with your new found attitude.

doesnt matter how many we put up against them, they only had 110 yds total offense. 8 rushing 102 passing. That, my friend, is what you call lights out defense... But ill be looking forward to Tomorrow. GOOD LUCK to both teams...

WhartonTigers
10-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Hes only a 6'3'' soph who had over 190 on 11 carries last week.

you guys played Royal man everybody has stats like that against them....

speedbump
10-03-2013, 05:03 PM

You need to straighten coach Finn out. He's been telling everybody the Tigers have four returning starters on D, not eight.

Scoop27
10-03-2013, 11:06 PM
http://www.advosports.com/news/2013/oct/03/ko_3a_notebook_100413_221412/

stxtiger
10-04-2013, 08:05 AM
Sub Varsity Scores

Sealy JV 34 Wharton JV 0

Sealy Freshman 28 Wharton Freshman 8

maestro
10-04-2013, 09:00 AM
I thought that sealy, Columbus, and Bellville subvarsities are loaded with promise.

Scores don't surprise me.

stxtiger
10-04-2013, 09:32 AM
doesnt matter how many we put up against them, they only had 110 yds total offense. 8 rushing 102 passing. That, my friend, is what you call lights out defense... But ill be looking forward to Tomorrow. GOOD LUCK to both teams...

Now you are just making stuff. I was at the game. They definitely moved the ball a lot better on you then you are letting on. Those stats are dead wrong. Its ok, you can't seem to take off your red and blue shades. We will knock them off for you tonight. Oh and you guys played Needville and only scored 32, we only played Royal and scored 62...see how that works there.

WhartonTigers
10-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Now you are just making stuff. I was at the game. They definitely moved the ball a lot better on you then you are letting on. Those stats are dead wrong. Its ok, you can't seem to take off your red and blue shades. We will knock them off for you tonight. Oh and you guys played Needville and only scored 32, we only played Royal and scored 62...see how that works there.

By KEITH MAGEE kmagee@journal-spectator.com | 0 comments
Wharton’s passing game was sharp, and the defense almost scored a shutout as the Tigers opened District 25-3A play with a 32-3 victory over the Needville Blue Jays on Friday night at Needville.
While the win was important to open district play, the Tigers also kept their record-breaking start alive with a 5-0 season record, the best start in school history. Needville dropped to 0-1 in district and 0-4 for the year.
Junior quarterback Joseph Krenek led the Tiger offense, completing 12 of 18 passes for 235 yards and one interception. He threw three touchdown passes and ran in another.
On defense, the Tigers held Needville to 110 total yards, including only eight on the ground and 102 in the air.

What game was you watching, and scoring 60 on royal is like our houston scarbrough game.....

WhartonTigers
10-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Make sure you know the stats before you say somebody is making stuff up.

stxtiger
10-04-2013, 09:44 AM
By KEITH MAGEE kmagee@journal-spectator.com | 0 comments
Wharton’s passing game was sharp, and the defense almost scored a shutout as the Tigers opened District 25-3A play with a 32-3 victory over the Needville Blue Jays on Friday night at Needville.
While the win was important to open district play, the Tigers also kept their record-breaking start alive with a 5-0 season record, the best start in school history. Needville dropped to 0-1 in district and 0-4 for the year.
Junior quarterback Joseph Krenek led the Tiger offense, completing 12 of 18 passes for 235 yards and one interception. He threw three touchdown passes and ran in another.
On defense, the Tigers held Needville to 110 total yards, including only eight on the ground and 102 in the air.

What game was you watching, and scoring 60 on royal is like our houston scarbrough game.....

The one where they had over 50 on the ground on one drive in the 2nd quarter and then stalled out at about the Wharton 30. I am not saying it wasn't a shutdown but those stats are a little skewed if you ask me. And trust me Royal is 100 times better then Scarborough. And scoring 32 on Needville is like not scoring 60 on Scarborough. See how that works.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-04-2013, 09:47 AM

"Somebodies Clooooser"

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Jokes aside. should be a great game tonight. Ready to listen to it on sealysports.com these guys are a savior for me. Who knows maybe ill get a shout out in there

Scoop27
10-04-2013, 09:54 AM
or on
http://www.961kiox.com/

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-04-2013, 10:21 AM

So tell me why the houston chronicle says they had 106 rushing yards on yall? http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2013&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=183081&TeamID=178&SearchType=Teams

Scoop27
10-04-2013, 10:22 AM
A lot of 2A teams could beat Houston Scarborough

maestro
10-04-2013, 10:57 AM
or on
http://www.961kiox.com/

I can never find it on there

The Bull #40
10-04-2013, 11:14 AM
I would like to see how these two fair against each other this week bc I don't know much about either team other than Sealy has a new coach(that i'm sure they're happy about). Would someone post updates during the game?

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-04-2013, 11:17 AM
I would like to see how these two fair against each other this week bc I don't know much about either team other than Sealy has a new coach(that i'm sure they're happy about). Would someone post updates during the game?

I miss Mitchell.. The new staff is questionable

Scoop27
10-04-2013, 12:27 PM
This game can also be heard on FM 96.1

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-04-2013, 09:14 PM
21-7 wharton in the 3rd

WhartonTigers
10-04-2013, 10:42 PM
21-7 wharton in the 3rd

Wharton 35 Sealy 14 LMBO
Sealy had no chance it was all Wharton from the jump. That runningback for sealy is Garbage, he needs to run behind his pads and use his size. tried to outrun guys that were clearly faster than him. That quarterback #14 is a STUD and blazing fast.

Roughneck93
10-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Wharton 35 Sealy 14 LMBO
Sealy had no chance it was all Wharton from the jump. That runningback for sealy is Garbage, he needs to run behind his pads and use his size. tried to outrun guys that were clearly faster than him. That quarterback #14 is a STUD and blazing fast.

Calm down...

WhartonTigers
10-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Calm down...

don't tell me to calm down, everybody from sealy was on the bandwagon of this guy and WHARTON"S D. shut him out. I was expecting him to have 17 carries 190 yds like against royal lol

Roughneck93
10-04-2013, 11:01 PM
don't tell me to calm down, everybody from sealy was on the bandwagon of this guy and WHARTON"S D. shut him out. I was expecting him to have 17 carries 190 yds like against royal lol

You do realize you're talking about a kid right?

YTBulldogs
10-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Wharton 40
Sealy 13

About what I figured.

WhartonTigers
10-04-2013, 11:08 PM
yep a kid that has potential but clearly no one has told him he is the biggest guy on the field, if he ran behind his pads he could have easily had more success. the way these other guys praised him I expected him to dominate the field. but all I have to say to sealy posters is I TOLD YOU SO! 6-0! but good luck sealy tigers on the rest of your season.

Scoop27
10-05-2013, 11:25 AM
http://www.journal-spectator.com/sports/article_3733dce8-2dd1-11e3-bd67-001a4bcf887a.html

44INAROW
10-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Wharton 35 Sealy 14 LMBO

Wow. I know it's seems like FOREVER since the Tigers have had a winning season but TRY to win with class. Comments like yours come back and bite you in the a$$!

Manso/V8
10-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Wow. I know it's seems like FOREVER since the Tigers have had a winning season but TRY to win with class. Comments like yours come back and bite you in the a$$!

Grades come out soon I think.......

The Bull #40
10-05-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm pretty good friends with some Sealy folks (but don't tell anyone). I was jw what the overall consensus is on the new coach? What offense/defense did he bring? I've heard some good things about his offseason program. But what's his philosophy? Whats the man about? Also, congrats to Wharton on the win. Looking forward to our matchup soon!

gambler1606
10-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Grades come out soon I think.......

LMAO, That's funny!! Might have to move up a few JV then.

IMO Wharton is a pretty good team with lots of speed. I see them as a 1 or 2 round playoff team. Congrats to Wharton and good luck!!

Now for Sealy! We are very very soft!!! No other way to say it. We are very young!!! And that leads to mistakes...... But with all that said (No Excuses here) If you can't block or you can't tackle, how many wins are you gonna have?

speedbump
10-05-2013, 04:03 PM

I doubt he will be posting when they lose. probably never hear from him again.

WhartonTigers
10-05-2013, 10:10 PM

Dude we have had great records since back in the spread offense...

WhartonTigers
10-05-2013, 10:12 PM
I doubt he will be posting when they lose. probably never hear from him again.

ill be posting plenty win or lose, its just funny how negative you guys are about Wharton. GRADES WONT BE A PROBLEM ESPECIALLY NOT FOR THE VARSITY SQUAD.