PDA

View Full Version : El Campo @ Bellville

speedbump
09-28-2013, 02:25 PM
This game is a complete mystery. As closely as I follow the Ricebirds I still can't figure out how good or how bad they are,so I'll post my excuses now and won't have to do it later. For starters - The Birds have three starters out for the season. Their best lineman on either side of the ball (acl) middle LB (broken ankle, I think) and one of our starting RBs (broken brain, failed drug test) Add to that the fact that their replacements, along with the rest of the team,will not have seen game speed in three weeks and it's a sure fire recipe for a loss. The first quarter and a half will be huge. If the Birds can keep it close,they will have an excellent chance to come away with the win. The good news is - EC plays very good defense and Bob Gillis isn't out for the season.

Don't know what to think of Bellville (help us out Brahma fans) but I do know they will remember last year and will be playing at home. I think after opening district with an unexpected loss,they will be like some caged animal come friday night. Will this be ECs first loss to a 3A team not named Stephenville since they dropped down? I'm downright skeeeeered. But then I ain't playin. Gillis and the Birds will find a way.

This game needs a poll, for sure.

Weebe
09-28-2013, 03:18 PM
I agree. I thought, prior to this week, Bellville was the clear favorite.

After the game this week, I don't know what to think.

Pudlugger
09-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Coming off the upset loss to the Cardinals makes the Bulls very dangerous. Couple that with HFA and you get a 14 point win for Bellville.

The Bull #40
09-29-2013, 07:41 PM
This game is a complete mystery. As closely as I follow the Ricebirds I still can't figure out how good or how bad they are,so I'll post my excuses now and won't have to do it later. For starters - The Birds have three starters out for the season. Their best lineman on either side of the ball (acl) middle LB (broken ankle, I think) and one of our starting RBs (broken brain, failed drug test) Add to that the fact that their replacements, along with the rest of the team,will not have seen game speed in three weeks and it's a sure fire recipe for a loss. The first quarter and a half will be huge. If the Birds can keep it close,they will have an excellent chance to come away with the win. The good news is - EC plays very good defense and Bob Gillis isn't out for the season.

Don't know what to think of Bellville (help us out Brahma fans) but I do know they will remember last year and will be playing at home. I think after opening district with an unexpected loss,they will be like some caged animal come friday night. Will this be ECs first loss to a 3A team not named Stephenville since they dropped down? I'm downright skeeeeered. But then I ain't playin. Gillis and the Birds will find a way.

This game needs a poll, for sure.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think after playing our worst game of the Rowe Era against Columbus Friday night. I do know thats probably the worst game we will play all year defensively (or it should be at least) and the mental errors need to cut down, like getting a TD called back because of unsportsmanlike conduct. Other than that our passing game is improving each week and our RBs are still good and being productive. I think the question will be how our defense can handle ECs offense and if Bellvilles special teams can have a decent game. It seems like every week our special teams has one facet that plays poorly.