09-28-2013, 12:37 PM
This one will get ugly...

Eagle11
09-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Very ugly

Inmateboss
09-28-2013, 03:04 PM
Thoughts?

If we have everybody back, it will be quick but not big!! Coaches won't let it get very big!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - inmateboss

Steer81
09-29-2013, 01:02 PM
There has been some snoozers so far but this may be the worst. If you look up the word Destory you will see this game! This will be bad!

regaleagle
09-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Is this thread really necessary? Why even put it up? We all know Bridgeport is having problems this season, and Graham is a Tier 1 team. That's like putting up an Argyle/Dallas Madison thread this week.

hollywood
09-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Another good week for the sub's to get a decent amount of PT for Graham

Slick50
09-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Is this thread really necessary? Why even put it up? We all know Bridgeport is having problems this season, and Graham is a Tier 1 team. That's like putting up an Argyle/Dallas Madison thread this week.
Then why did you waste your time clicking on it?

ccmom
09-29-2013, 02:09 PM
There has been some snoozers so far but this may be the worst. If you look up the word Destory you will see this game! This will be bad!

I'm having trouble looking that word up, Slick50. ;)

(Jacketwood called me out on a typo the other day, too;))

Steers win easily.

defense51
09-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Graham by 21+

Matthew328
09-29-2013, 03:10 PM
if Graham wants to score 50...they score 50...if they want to score 80 they'll score 80....the margin will simply depend on how bad Graham wants it to be...Bridgeport is awful

regaleagle
09-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Then why did you waste your time clicking on it?

To post my opinion in defense of Bridgeport, that's why. You can't figure that out??? Do you enjoy slamming the boys of teams that are working hard each week...only to read a thread like this???

Slick50
09-29-2013, 07:04 PM
To post my opinion in defense of Bridgeport, that's why. You can't figure that out??? Do you enjoy slamming the boys of teams that are working hard each week...only to read a thread like this???

Like I said before, don't read it, simple as that. No one is trashing Bport, we just like talking about the upcoming game each week. Now run along.

Deuce
09-29-2013, 07:13 PM

Where exactly do you read anything about anyone slamming Bridgeport?

regaleagle
09-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Like I said before, don't read it, simple as that. No one is trashing Bport, we just like talking about the upcoming game each week. Now run along.

It's posters like you that run good posters off of boards like this. Put a sock in it and take a hard look in the mirror.

Slick50
09-29-2013, 08:54 PM
It's posters like you that run good posters off of boards like this. Put a sock in it and take a hard look in the mirror.

Your funny

5wide
09-29-2013, 09:26 PM
This is kinda like a Gilmer fan posting a thread about playing Graham. We all know what's going to happen..

regaleagle
09-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Not the same.

5wide
09-29-2013, 09:34 PM
I don't see anyone stopping Gilmer.

bearbear78
09-29-2013, 09:56 PM
I don't see anyone stopping Gilmer.
The steers have matured as a team since meeting Gilmer last year. Does it mean they can beat Gilmer, no...is it in stone Gilmer beats Graham should they meet again, nope.... under dog stories are great...they are the reason we have these great inspiring movies to watch..Graham is the real deal one one tough team to beat...like it or not that's how it is

5wide
09-30-2013, 07:25 AM
The steers have matured as a team since meeting Gilmer last year. Does it mean they can beat Gilmer, no...is it in stone Gilmer beats Graham should they meet again, nope.... under dog stories are great...they are the reason we have these great inspiring movies to watch..Graham is the real deal one one tough team to beat...like it or not that's how it is

Very true! How much better are the steers compared to last year?

Deuce
09-30-2013, 07:55 AM
Very true! How much better are the steers compared to last year?

IMO, Graham is a better team defensively than last year. Creating a lot of turnovers! Secondary and linebackers have a nose for the ball and get to it quick. Offense has all the skill players returning from last year and have looked good, but I still don't think we have hit our stride. The reason for that would be the offensive line. They will hopefully click more as the season goes along and we will better as an offensive group.

Deuce
09-30-2013, 07:58 AM
IMO, Graham is a better team defensively than last year. Creating a lot of turnovers! Secondary and linebackers have a nose for the ball and get to it quick. Offense has all the skill players returning from last year and have looked good, but I still don't think we have hit our stride. The reason for that would be the offensive line. They will hopefully click more as the season goes along and we will better as an offensive group.

Sorry if I wasn't supposed to post anything about Graham. I didn't get the memo that said you can't post about your team if they might blow a team out.

Slick50
09-30-2013, 08:16 AM
Sorry if I wasn't supposed to post anything about Graham. I didn't get the memo that said you can't post about your team if they might blow a team out.
Put a sock in it, you are going to run off all the "good" posters.

Slick50
09-30-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm having trouble looking that word up, Slick50. ;)
ccmom, that was Steer81 with the typo. Slick50 uses spell check lol ;)

Football Junky
09-30-2013, 09:09 AM

If you get upset about a little trash talking then maybe you should find a different forum to go to and not one about football.

Here this sounds like its more your style.....http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/forums/classic-sesame-street/

I'm sure they are all very nice to each other there and i bet you would fit in very well

Thanks

Bullaholic
09-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the support, regal. The Bulls are having a very tough time this season against a schedule that would be hard for anyone to play, even in a good year. I appreciate your sentiment about the kids trying hard, and I know that they hate being winless worse than anyone. We, the fans, along with the player's parents, will just have to show up and watch them take their lumps and support them and maybe they can get that first win and begin to turn things around. I have confidence in Coach Henson---I have seen him do more with less than a lot of coaches for 20 years, and turn a lot of teams around come playoff time. I hope this season's Bulls can yet make this season better---but I don't think it will happen against the Steers this Friday---they are really playing well. So, let those who want to kick the Bulls around right now while they're down have at it----they will be back. Go Bulls!

Ragin Red
09-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the support, regal. The Bulls are having a very tough time this season against a schedule that would be hard for anyone to play, even in a good year. I appreciate your sentiment about the kids trying hard, and I know that they hate being winless worse than anyone. We, the fans, along with the player's parents, will just have to show up and watch them take their lumps and support them and maybe they can get that first win and begin to turn things around. I have confidence in Coach Henson---I have seen him do more with less than a lot of coaches for 20 years, and turn a lot of teams around come playoff time. I hope this season's Bulls can yet make this season better---but I don't think it will happen against the Steers this Friday---they are really playing well. So, let those who want to kick the Bulls around right now while they're down have at it----they will be back. Go Bulls!
I don't think anyone truly wants to kick the bulls while they're down and believe me we have been on that end before. I do think the bulls will rebuild and retool in the near future. Good luck to these young men the rest of their high school career.

Inmateboss
09-30-2013, 11:21 AM

Better than last year?? You've been talking to the coaches again, haven't you!!! Pride, discipline, and leadership wise not even close!!

Bullaholic
09-30-2013, 11:33 AM
I don't think anyone truly wants to kick the bulls while they're down and believe me we have been on that end before. I do think the bulls will rebuild and retool in the near future. Good luck to these young men the rest of their high school career.

Thanks, RR. I think the Steers are going to do some big things this season. Best of luck to a very,very good Steer team.

Deuce
09-30-2013, 11:54 AM
Better than last year?? You've been talking to the coaches again, haven't you!!! Pride, discipline, and leadership wise not even close!!

Truth be told, this years defense has not been tested like last years defense to this point. Dont get me wrong, last years D was pretty damn impressive.

Inmateboss
09-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Truth be told, this years defense has not been tested like last years defense to this point. Dont get me wrong, last years D was pretty damn impressive.

It's shaping up to be a big test, Vernon and Hirschi are gonna bring it !! We have to stay focused and take care of business !! We have a big target on our backs!!

5wide
09-30-2013, 01:05 PM
It's shaping up to be a big test, Vernon and Hirschi are gonna bring it !! We have to stay focused and take care of business !! We have a big target on our backs!!

Hirschi will test any defense. #3 is an absolute stud. But if Decatur can do it, no doubt Graham can.

Ragin Red
09-30-2013, 01:45 PM

I agree

Ragin Red
09-30-2013, 01:49 PM
This years team will do fine and don't need to be compared to anyone. Graham has enough pride that they don't need comparison. Keep preparing and focusing on this weeks opponent and everything else will work out just fine.

Deuce
09-30-2013, 02:15 PM
I agree

I can't believe you 2 disagreed with me. Lol

Slick50
09-30-2013, 02:49 PM
Pretty sure they are partial to last years D, I couldn't imagine why. Hehe Great defenses both years.

Ragin Red
09-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Pretty sure they are partial to last years D, I couldn't imagine why. Hehe Great defenses both years.

I agree with that

Deuce
09-30-2013, 10:47 PM
This can't be game of the week. Just ask Regal!

Bullaholic
10-01-2013, 09:34 AM
This can't be game of the week. Just ask Regal!

Why? You guys are only favored by 45....:D

Rattler
10-01-2013, 10:12 AM
I just hope we both come out of this one healthy!!!

bearbear78
10-01-2013, 04:25 PM
I pull for the Bulls, unless their playing the Steers. Used to be a Bport resident for a short period of time. With a team like the Steers playing a team under construction like the Bulls you can pretty much bank on a blowout. I'm gonna pick the Steers 42-6 over the Bulls in this one and wish the Bulls the best of luck in the near future.

Themishman
10-01-2013, 06:32 PM
I agree

I have to disagree with you RR. I think this years leadership is better then last year. They are leading as a group an not just a few.

#1 TEXAN
10-01-2013, 07:46 PM
56-6 steers

Themishman
10-01-2013, 09:11 PM
56-6 steers

I like that but will Kenny score 50 finally. Lol
How about Steers 49 Bulls 7

Heffelfinger
10-02-2013, 06:53 AM
do we really need another poll for a blowout? last week Breckenridge, this week Bridgeport. will we have to endure a graham poll every week?

Rattler
10-02-2013, 07:48 AM
do we really need another poll for a blowout? Last week breckenridge, this week bridgeport. Will we have to endure a graham poll every week?

yes!

Inmateboss
10-02-2013, 12:13 PM

I didn't disagree with you, as a friend I just corrected a incorrect statement that was made with honorable intentions!! Ill work with you!! Lol

Inmateboss
10-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Hirschi will test any defense. #3 is an absolute stud. But if Decatur can do it, no doubt Graham can.

Been watching him and yes he is a stud, but he's not their only weapon!! It will be strike first, strike often kind of game!!! They will score as will we!! The Defense is gonna make it or break it in this one!!

Inmateboss
10-02-2013, 12:26 PM
I have to disagree with you RR. I think this years leadership is better then last year. They are leading as a group an not just a few.

It's against the law to smoke crack, and you should know better!! And you should get out more !!!

Inmateboss
10-02-2013, 12:29 PM
I like that but will Kenny score 50 finally. Lol
How about Steers 49 Bulls 7

51-7 mineral wells
56-15 Brownwood
SMH :-/

Inmateboss
10-02-2013, 12:30 PM
do we really need another poll for a blowout? last week Breckenridge, this week Bridgeport. will we have to endure a graham poll every week?

Yes !!!

Themishman
10-02-2013, 12:51 PM
It's against the law to smoke crack, and you should know better!! And you should get out more !!!

I can understand a dad from last years squad saying that was not meaning disrespect at all that was an awesome group of kids. I am just saying I think all this years SR. are doing a great job as well.

Themishman
10-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Yes !!!

Ok your right boss.. LOL You are the greatest! Lol

Ragin Red
10-02-2013, 01:05 PM

What ever, blow smoke somewhere else

Inmateboss
10-02-2013, 01:26 PM
I can understand a dad from last years squad saying that was not meaning disrespect at all that was an awesome group of kids. I am just saying I think all this years SR. are doing a great job as well.

Don't get me wrong either, this is a standout group that has filled a big void this year for me and I'm in that spirit line every Friday and will continue to support the guys, but it's about the wording!!
How about this: As a dad I'm so proud of the way the guys are playing and working as a team, it shows great leadership and team spirit!!
Then I don't get butt hurt!!! Lol and I know where you park!!!

Matthew328
10-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Don't get me wrong either, this is a standout group that has filled a big void this year for me and I'm in that spirit line every Friday and will continue to support the guys, but it's about the wording!!
How about this: As a dad I'm so proud of the way the guys are playing and working as a team, it shows great leadership and team spirit!!
Then I don't get butt hurt!!! Lol and I know where you park!!!

Must be a light week if this is the Reg 1 GOTW

Themishman
10-02-2013, 01:59 PM
That is why I'm taking up for my SR. Just like you did. I got butt hurt. lol

hollywood
10-02-2013, 02:49 PM
If you had to choose, what's the one single key to the Steers success this season? In other words, if one part of the team were missing, it would make a huge impact on the field.

Ragin Red
10-02-2013, 03:21 PM
That is why I'm taking up for my SR. Just like you did. I got butt hurt. lol
preparation h soothes everything

Grahamerica
10-02-2013, 03:43 PM
If you had to choose, what's the one single key to the Steers success this season? In other words, if one part of the team were missing, it would make a huge impact on the field.

Well it appears there's a couple of experts on this year's team on here, so they should be able to give you a good answer.

bearbear78
10-02-2013, 03:55 PM
No real "single key" to the steers success. They are solid as a whole with some areas to improve and they will do just that, improve with each game.

hollywood
10-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Well it appears there's a couple of experts on this year's team on here, so they should be able to give you a good answer.

No real "single key" to the steers success. They are solid as a whole with some areas to improve and they will do just that, improve with each game.

I like both answers!

I see Davis as being the key factor for Graham. As any good team has a key player, everyone knows it takes a whole team effort to be successful, especially down the stretch. But like Stephenville's QB Stidham.. if he's not in the game.. it will not be good. Just like Davis. He's the high octane fuel in the tank... he's what makes the engines fire power so explosive.

Last year, Stephenville had T. Jones as the key player, although he was surrounded by a stable of good talent. But, if T. Jones would have been unable to play for whatever reason, Stidham was there as backup. This year... nadda.

How's Graham's depth at QB this year? I fully expect Graham to do well and go deep this season. I'm kinda partial to B Davis. A good talented kid from a good family.

Ragin Red
10-02-2013, 04:37 PM
check your pm's

Deuce
10-02-2013, 04:54 PM
I like both answers!

I see Davis as being the key factor for Graham. As any good team has a key player, everyone knows it takes a whole team effort to be successful, especially down the stretch. But like Stephenville's QB Stidham.. if he's not in the game.. it will not be good. Just like Davis. He's the high octane fuel in the tank... he's what makes the engines fire power so explosive.

Last year, Stephenville had T. Jones as the key player, although he was surrounded by a stable of good talent. But, if T. Jones would have been unable to play for whatever reason, Stidham was there as backup. This year... nadda.

How's Graham's depth at QB this year? I fully expect Graham to do well and go deep this season. I'm kinda partial to B Davis. A good talented kid from a good family.

From what little I have seen from the backup QB in mop up duty, Graham would be in trouble if for some reason Davis had to miss time.

bearbear78
10-02-2013, 05:08 PM
From what little I have seen from the backup QB in mop up duty, Graham would be in trouble if for some reason Davis had to miss time.
I have to agree on this. I don't think we have any back up that can fill BD's cleats. BUT I do think we have one young man on the roster who could step in and do a fine job at QB. Hes just that good IMO. Would they move him to QB if tgis happened? DOUBT IT...not gonna say the name because its my opinion..

#1 TEXAN
10-02-2013, 05:16 PM
If graham needs a backup to come in they will be just fine, I agree they have a kid on the roster that can really sling the ball around.

Deuce
10-02-2013, 05:17 PM
I have to agree on this. I don't think we have any back up that can fill BD's cleats. BUT I do think we have one young man on the roster who could step in and do a fine job at QB. Hes just that good IMO. Would they move him to QB if tgis happened? DOUBT IT...not gonna say the name because its my opinion..

I have 2 guesses, and I guarantee you that 1 of them are the kid you are thinking of!

hollywood
10-02-2013, 05:30 PM
I honestly hope Graham has no injuries and continues it's path of domination for another deep playoff run. Would be good for the community and memories of a lifetime for the players. Of course if if and when they meet Argyle, Gilmer or even Stephenville... it's going to be a tough out for Graham. I know they have the horses to compete, no question. But wouldn't surprise me to see a knock down drag out either. ;) Just hope Graham doesn't get blown out again this season. Make it a game! :D

bearbear78
10-02-2013, 05:41 PM
There's two that come to mind for me. One a Jr. The other a Sr. The Sr. Would just have more success in stepping up and commanding his troop. Both are just pure athletes and can likely play well any place you put them. The Sr. Is just a mature young man with the ability to lead. IMO.

For the record I hope we don't have to find out and big Ben stays healthy, but if he went down we do have strong back ups. Question is would our staff see the same talent.

Themishman
10-02-2013, 05:42 PM
preparation h soothes everything

It does don't it. Your crazy that's why I love you man.

Themishman
10-02-2013, 06:04 PM
It does don't it. Your crazy that's why I love you man.

Ok Graham fans I never said one thing bad about last years Sr's. I think the world of those kids and would never ever say anything bad about them. I am saying this years leadership is different then last year because we dont have the yelling an screaming like last years group did, which was not a bad thing. This years SR's just are quite and that is not a bad thing, but the leadership is still there. We are all on the same team and are all die hard Steer fans. Can't we all just get along. LOL

bearbear78
10-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Different style of leadership but its still there for sure. I think these guys are playing great together and have established a strong brotherhood.

Themishman
10-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Different style of leadership but its still there for sure. I think these guys are playing great together and have established a strong brotherhood.

That is all I was saying. Never ever meant to make anyone mad or upset.

Deuce
10-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Pretty sure were thinking about the same 2!

bearbear78
10-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Really bud, I don't think you said anything that'd make anyone mad. Leadership this year vs. last year is a hard thing to measure. One things for sure last year and this year these boys are for real. I've even noticed they have gained the respect of some other towns that didn't give it to them last year.

bearbear78
10-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Well maybe we will have a chance to visit and be able to discuss. I'm betting we are too.

Slick50
10-02-2013, 08:26 PM
I am the only expert here. Lol

AverageJoe
10-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Graham is an ok team and will win this one easily but I'll go out on a limb and say the first good team Graham runs into they will get killed. Reason I say that is because they play NOBODY in their regular season schedule. Yeah they played Wylie and Brownwood but no offense the teams I saw from Those 2 schools this year are probably the worst teams those schools have ever produced. Just like last year when they ran into a good Gilmer they got destroyed because they played NOBODY before that point even in the playoffs. Its not Graham's fault they play nobody; football in their area is extremely down this year. Wylie, Brownwood, Bridgeport, Monahans, Decatur, Vernon....All not even close to what they've been in the past. I wish them the best but fear they think they are wayyyy better than they really are.(maybe its the dads;)) But I can name some teams in Graham's past that could blast the team they have now.

AverageJoe
10-03-2013, 09:30 AM
This will cause a little friction possibly!

Bullaholic
10-03-2013, 09:40 AM
This will cause a little friction possibly!

Perhaps a little if you are from Graham---probably a lot if you are not.

bearbear78
10-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Graham is an ok team and will win this one easily but I'll go out on a limb and say the first good team Graham runs into they will get killed. Reason I say that is because they play NOBODY in their regular season schedule. Yeah they played Wylie and Brownwood but no offense the teams I saw from Those 2 schools this year are probably the worst teams those schools have ever produced. Just like last year when they ran into a good Gilmer they got destroyed because they played NOBODY before that point even in the playoffs. Its not Graham's fault they play nobody; football in their area is extremely down this year. Wylie, Brownwood, Bridgeport, Monahans, Decatur, Vernon....All not even close to what they've been in the past. I wish them the best but fear they think they are wayyyy better than they really are.(maybe its the dads;)) But I can name some teams in Graham's past that could blast the team they have now.
Heard the same rubbish every weak of the playoffs last year too. Seemed to motivate the boys because they kept beating the teams that were suppose to " destroy" them. Yes they took a whoopin by Gilmer and just were not ready. If they meet again I don't see it happening the same way. Normally I'd suggest not posting under the influence of stupidity and envy but in your case please keep it up, its just plain motivation.

bearbear78
10-03-2013, 10:11 AM
AverageJoe , should I go back and remind you of you 12-2012 post on the Gilmer Vs Graham thread? You refer to the Steers as great and speak of their talent. This must have been before you began drinking your bath water causing the extreme delusions.

Eagle11
10-03-2013, 10:12 AM
kinda hard to beat down a team that made it to the semi-finales last year and looks to be stronger than last year. sounds like someone trying to get everyone going. js

Slick50
10-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Where you from? Sounds like an ex-steer that didn't get to play much.

Deuce
10-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Heard the same rubbish every weak of the playoffs last year too. Seemed to motivate the boys because they kept beating the teams that were suppose to " destroy" them. Yes they took a whoopin by Gilmer and just were not ready. If they meet again I don't see it happening the same way. Normally I'd suggest not posting under the influence of stupidity and envy but in your case please keep it up, its just plain motivation.

If I remember correctly, Average Joe come on the forum last year talking about how Graham didn't have the athletes to go far and look what happened. Seems as though he just wants to talk about the glory days of old and how much better the kids from the finalist team were. I wouldn't take much stock into anything he has to say. To say that the Graham didn't play anyone before the Gilmer is insane. Glen Rose and Gatesville were both very solid teams.

hollywood
10-03-2013, 10:47 AM

I agree to an extent what you're saying. But you also have the blue and red colored glasses on again this season!!! Gilmer is better than last year... a lot better from my sources. Is Graham? Not so sure. Time will tell and they have no choice but to play the game to their best effort... but Gilmer is a bunch of freak RABID SPIDER MONKEYS (as the locals say)! Josh Walker is a freak of nature at LB. I watched the 7 on 7 quarters between Graham and Gilmer in July, good game... but real football, not so sure it would be any different than last year I'm affraid. Gotta keep trying though.

hollywood
10-03-2013, 10:52 AM
If I remember correctly, Average Joe come on the forum last year talking about how Graham didn't have the athletes to go far and look what happened. Seems as though he just wants to talk about the glory days of old and how much better the kids from the finalist team were. I wouldn't take much stock into anything he has to say. To say that the Graham didn't play anyone before the Gilmer is insane. Glen Rose and Gatesville were both very solid teams.

What? I thought y'all said Glen Rose wasn't that good! lol Y'all are lucky their #22 was injured. He was a difference maker. Goes to show what we were talking about the other day... key players being healthy is the key to a teams success. Graham and Gatesville were pretty good teams but no where near the Gilmer's (obviously), Kilgore's, Navasota's, Carthage's, El Campo's, and Stephenville's.

Hippy
10-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Reach aroud Red and Intimate Boss get hurt all the time but it usually just takes a band aid on the thumb

bearbear78
10-03-2013, 01:38 PM
I agree to an extent what you're saying. But you also have the blue and red colored glasses on again this season!!! Gilmer is better than last year... a lot better from my sources. Is Graham? Not so sure. Time will tell and they have no choice but to play the game to their best effort... but Gilmer is a bunch of freak RABID SPIDER MONKEYS (as the locals say)! Josh Walker is a freak of nature at LB. I watched the 7 on 7 quarters between Graham and Gilmer in July, good game... but real football, not so sure it would be any different than last year I'm affraid. Gotta keep trying though.
I don't know who wins a Graham Gilmer matchup in 2013. I wouldn't bet on it either way. They Steers are much improved from last year IMO and the Steers that played Gilmer last year were not the group that made it there. The guys fell apart out there. It happens but it just happened to us in the playoffs. The way these boys are playing I don't see them getting shook up and falling apart. That combined with the improvements= Gilmer would have a battle on their hands and wr know Gilmer is capable of falling apart on that field too as they proved against Sota. So, I wouldn't bet against the Steers this year.

hollywood
10-03-2013, 02:41 PM
I don't know who wins a Graham Gilmer matchup in 2013. I wouldn't bet on it either way. They Steers are much improved from last year IMO and the Steers that played Gilmer last year were not the group that made it there. The guys fell apart out there. It happens but it just happened to us in the playoffs. The way these boys are playing I don't see them getting shook up and falling apart. That combined with the improvements= Gilmer would have a battle on their hands and wr know Gilmer is capable of falling apart on that field too as they proved against Sota. So, I wouldn't bet against the Steers this year.

I hope you're right! I'd like to see this group of young men take D2!!

bearbear78
10-03-2013, 03:32 PM
I hope you're right! I'd like to see this group of young men take D2!!
If they can avoid getting discouraged by being behind and execute well
It could happen. No matter who's playing them their is gonna be a point in the game where you are down on the score board against gilmer. If that breaks a team down then Gilmer will keep putting it on them. I wish we had some tougher games before playoff time so the boys can get some practice in for a real battle.

Slick50
10-03-2013, 03:34 PM
Graham has an absolute joke of a preseason schedule besides Wylie and a very weak district. We need some stiff competition if we are going to be ready for Gilmer, plain and simple.

hollywood
10-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Obviously you can't choose your opponent and can only play who's on the schedule. The Ville was kinda in the same scenario last season once district started. Aside from Alvarado, the level of competition wasn't stiff until Kilgore in the semi's. Even though the Ville jumped out to a 21 point lead, Kilgore made a game of it. They were the best team the Ville played all season by far.

Keep practicing hard and keep the hammer down and Graham will be just fine!

regaleagle
10-04-2013, 09:18 AM
Another way to look at it is your chances of keeping the key players healthy until crunchtime is much better. And the team gets to improve their chemistry and confidence along the way, not to mention their football skills. So there's pluses and minuses to playing a tough predistrict schedule. It does help to have one or two very competitive games during district play, though. I think you will find Vernon to be competitive for Graham this season. They are undefeated and play Gainesville tonite in a battle of running backs. I think that kid from Vernon is gonna be difference maker.

hollywood
10-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Another way to look at it is your chances of keeping the key players healthy until crunchtime is much better. And the team gets to improve their chemistry and confidence along the way, not to mention their football skills. So there's pluses and minuses to playing a tough predistrict schedule. It does help to have one or two very competitive games during district play, though. I think you will find Vernon to be competitive for Graham this season. They are undefeated and play Gainesville tonite in a battle of running backs. I think that kid from Vernon is gonna be difference maker.

I agree regal. There's pros and cons to both. Just have to trust the coaches and hope the confidence builds each week. This Graham team is SR heavy which is a huge bonus with experience and leadership. Gilmer is in the same scenario. Aledo is SR loaed. Stephenville was SR loaded last season. Argyle is SR loaded. It makes a difference.

Rattler
10-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Graham is Junior loaded. More Underclassman play than seniors. 7 Sophomores on varsity last year.

Deuce
10-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Graham is Junior loaded. More Underclassman play than seniors. 7 Sophomores on varsity last year.

That's sounds great for next year, but all of are top skill players are seniors! Going to be hard to replace them.

hollywood
10-04-2013, 10:37 AM
That's sounds great for next year, but all of are top skill players are seniors! Going to be hard to replace them.

And that's what I actually meant. Stephenville returned 6/6 on both sides of the ball... BUT, T. Jones (D1 QB), Westbrook, Sanchez, Gunter (D1 WR), Manley (D1 OL), Varnado, and Pettit were all SR's and were all key play makers. The younger crop has progressed well.

Hippy
10-04-2013, 11:24 AM

This what last years SENIOR families said also.

Deuce
10-04-2013, 11:36 AM

I don't even have a kid in Jr. High yet so not sure what your implying. Its not rocket science to figure out that when you have a have a QB, RB, and WR that are seniors that could all possibly be all state, they are going to very hard to replace.

Slick50
10-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Hey jack, if all your gonna do is put down the team, go find something else to do.

bearbear78
10-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Hey jack, if all your gonna do is put down the team, go find something else to do.
Amen... its tolerable from out of towners but for locals to bash the Steers, that's a punishable offense...and last year vs this year??? Come on. They all bleed red & blue!!!!

slingshot
10-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Have seen both Argyle and Graham up close and personal and have had time to reflect. Graham is 2-3 touchdowns better this year than last. As long as their QB and recievers stay healthy they can beat anybody in the state. Best short/intermediate passing game I've seen in a long time. If their line play improves they could be on an even footing with Argyle. As for the Eagles, as long as their big 3 (QB, RB and WR) stay healthy--they are my pick to win DII. Have not seen Gilmer, suspect they are very good as well--aren't Traylor's teams always? These 3 squads are the cream of the DII crop for sure...

hollywood
10-04-2013, 11:41 PM
Have seen both Argyle and Graham up close and personal and have had time to reflect. Graham is 2-3 touchdowns better this year than last. As long as their QB and recievers stay healthy they can beat anybody in the state. Best short/intermediate passing game I've seen in a long time. If their line play improves they could be on an even footing with Argyle. As for the Eagles, as long as their big 3 (QB, RB and WR) stay healthy--they are my pick to win DII. Have not seen Gilmer, suspect they are very good as well--aren't Traylor's teams always? These 3 squads are the cream of the DII crop for sure...

I agree that these 3 teams are probably the best in D2. If Graham is 2-3 TD's better this year than last, it's not enough to beat Gilmer last year. And Gilmer is 2-3 TD's better than last year. ;)

bearbear78
10-04-2013, 11:59 PM
If Graham keeps it together and I think they will this year, Gilmer gets upset... I think Argyle would mop the field up with Gilmer.IMO

#1 TEXAN
10-05-2013, 12:33 AM
If Graham keeps it together and I think they will this year, Gilmer gets upset... I think Argyle would mop the field up with Gilmer.IMO

No team in 3a is gonna mop the field with gilmer, not saying they can't be beat but you will not do it very easy.

hollywood
10-05-2013, 12:37 AM
Bearbear, have you been hitting the bottle tonight?! Some crazy predictions!

bearbear78
10-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Bearbear, have you been hitting the bottle tonight?! Some crazy predictions!
We aren't the cake walk that you make us out to be , for Ville or Gilmer. Trust me.... IMO Argyle beats Gilmer or Ville.

hollywood
10-05-2013, 11:47 AM
We aren't the cake walk that you make us out to be , for Ville or Gilmer. Trust me.... IMO Argyle beats Gilmer or Ville.

You need to get out more!

bearbear78
10-05-2013, 12:00 PM
You need to get out more!it is so amusing how some of you guys truly think the Ville can't be beat..guys aledo took you to the wood shed. The almighty was demolished . Sota spanked gilmer with their stud out with injury. Neither teams are invincible , Hollywood.....and neither one has their way with Graham, unless we lose focus the way we did vs gilmer last year.

bearbear78
10-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Hey Hollywood....16-15-1....know what that is? It'll be 17-15-1 should it happen this year .

hollywood
10-05-2013, 12:05 PM
it is so amusing how some of you guys truly think the Ville can't be beat..guys aledo took you to the wood shed. The almighty was demolished . Sota spanked gilmer with their stud out with injury. Neither teams are invincible , Hollywood.....and neither one has their way with Graham, unless we lose focus the way we did vs gilmer last year.

What's even more amusing is how you think Graham is invincible. Especially when Graham hasn't played a solid team yet. Lol Sounds like the little man syndrome to me. ;) Go Iowa Park!!

hollywood
10-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Hey Hollywood....16-15-1....know what that is? It'll be 17-15-1 should it happen this year .

Are you reaching back in the dusty ole archives again? Does it have relevance to this era or even decade? Lol

Slick50
10-05-2013, 12:14 PM
You guys should hug each other.

hollywood
10-05-2013, 12:17 PM

Lol... bearbear need a hug? Where's Ranger Mom or ccmom when you need them?

bearbear78
10-05-2013, 12:23 PM
What's even more amusing is how you think Graham is invincible. Especially when Graham hasn't played a solid team yet. Lol Sounds like the little man syndrome to me. ;) Go Iowa Park!!
Trust me fella. Never had a little man syndrome in my life but that's another subject. We know dang well we aren't invincible too. We crumbled last year vs gilmer and we didn't get to that game playing chumps. Every week we were suppose to lose and we kept on gettimg that W..you villers act like the other team should just lay down because their playing ville. Well Graham wont. We will battle you every minute of the game. This team is solid and real. You guys will find that out if we meet. The teams we have played have the same amount of players on that field that we do. We execute and they don't, bottom line. More than once this year we could have hung triple digits on that score board and that's because we flat out can play ball. Multiple weapons on this team and one heck of a defense. You can cut us short, but I sure won't.

bearbear78
10-05-2013, 12:26 PM
A simple hand shake will do...man hugging is not acceptable

Slick50
10-05-2013, 12:37 PM
A simple hand shake will do...man hugging is not acceptable

Lol.

bearbear78
10-05-2013, 12:49 PM
This steers team is solid. I really think their bound for the SC game this year. Confidence is building every week. Dont care who we have played, no team has came close and its because the Steers are that good. Gonna take excellence to knock us off.

regaleagle
10-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Good stuff, bearbear78. I agree with your take on the Graham Steers this season. They could just as easily as Argyle, Gilmer, or DI Kilgore, Carthage, or Ville get to the big show and win it. Nobody has any crystal ball to say that just because of what happened last season, it will be the same this season. And I love the team support....as long as it's not overdone against a team that's strugging this season. Argyle looks forward to a matchup with the Graham Steers if it happens.

hollywood
10-05-2013, 01:28 PM
bearbear, I know Graham is solid. I like Graham and know several folks from there. I love the community support. It's awesome. I would love to see Graham win a SC in D2 this season. But as you know, it gets much tougher for Graham after district whether y'all go D1 or D2. Good luck the rest of the season season! We'll talk Graham vs Stephenville if it looks like its going to happen, but until then... Go Graham!

And Go Iowa Park!! :D

bearbear78
10-06-2013, 12:47 AM
bearbear, I know Graham is solid. I like Graham and know several folks from there. I love the community support. It's awesome. I would love to see Graham win a SC in D2 this season. But as you know, it gets much tougher for Graham after district whether y'all go D1 or D2. Good luck the rest of the season season! We'll talk Graham vs Stephenville if it looks like its going to happen, but until then... Go Graham!

And Go Iowa Park!! :D
Sure glad the debates over! Broke my thumb this evening so my typing is crippled now. I just think this is our year. If we mm don't pull it off it won't be from lack of effort. Good luck to you guys also. I hope we meet for a damn good game.classy post btw.

Rattler
10-06-2013, 06:07 AM
http://youtu.be/XxaLJ8qrhlY

hollywood
10-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Is Bridgeport 0-5 this season? I know they used to have some solid teams several years back.

#1 TEXAN
10-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Is Bridgeport 0-5 this season? I know they used to have some solid teams several years back.

They have been really down past couple of years, yes the have had some great teams in the past. Hopefully they get it turned around soon.