PDA

View Full Version : Monahans vs. Kermit final?

Sweetwater Red
09-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Apparently the game didn't start until 10 or 10:30
either due to weather or the lights not working.
My FNR app said it was 21-6 Monahans in the
first quarter and now it says that is the final.

Anybody know the story? I ask because Monahans
should've beaten Kermit by 50 and I am thinking
the game may have been called, postponed or cancelled.

Halup
09-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Apparently the game didn't start until 10 or 10:30
either due to weather or the lights not working.
My FNR app said it was 21-6 Monahans in the
first quarter and now it says that is the final.

Anybody know the story? I ask because Monahans
should've beaten Kermit by 50 and I am thinking
the game may have been called, postponed or cancelled.

Game started very late due to weather. Score was 21-6 when, just at the end of the 1st quarter, all power was lost and couldn't be restored. Game called as final by agreement.

Sweetwater Red
09-28-2013, 07:13 PM
Game started very late due to weather. Score was 21-6 when, just at the end of the 1st quarter, all power was lost and couldn't be restored. Game called as final by agreement.

Ah, that explains it perfectly. Thanks

Halup
09-29-2013, 08:15 AM
Ah, that explains it perfectly. Thanks

Originally, I thought it must have been a lightning strike that hit a transformer; but here is what happened to our football game -- just an ordinary garden variety drunk driver.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=49386

tex_male
09-30-2013, 10:24 AM
This game will not be counted as a win / loss for either teams...

tex_male
09-30-2013, 10:48 AM
This game will not be counted as a win / loss for either teams...

http://www.oaoa.com/sports/high_school/teams/monahans/article_484a1a98-27fe-11e3-8a34-001a4bcf6878.html

ODESSA AMERICAN oasports@oaoa.com Odessa American

KERMIT Monahans led Kermit 21-6 late in the first quarter and then nothing — literally.

“Right after they scored and were about to kick off the lights went out,” Kermit head coach Arick Heredia said of the bizarre sequence with 15 seconds to go in the opening quarter. “We went to check our transformer, but heard that the whole west side of town had no power.”

No power, no game.

Both Heredia and Monahans head coach Mickey Owens said it was in the best interest of the kids’ health not to resume the game Friday night or today.

Plus, the teams had earlier sat through two-and-a-half hours worth of weather delays that pushed the game’s start time to 10 p.m.

“If we had never started we would’ve thought about playing (today),” said Owens, whose team plays Canyon High next week.

Neither team will count the game on its record.

Prior to the stoppage, Kermit took a 6-0 lead that Monahans countered with three unanswered touchdowns.