PDA

View Full Version : Top Teams in Region IV

LV_Bearfan
09-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Based on what you've seen, who are the strongest teams at this point, and how do they compare to each other?

speedbump
09-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Based on what you've seen, who are the strongest teams at this point, and how do they compare to each other?

Tough question. LaGrange looks good on paper but hasn't been tested yet. Hard to figure PI until they move north in the playoffs. El Campos 100 points in three games looks far better than what's really happened. on the field I thought region four was going to be tougher this year but it's looking weaker over all, just more evenly matched. Ingleside has plenty of talent as does Bellville. Bottom line is - it's anybodies guess so far.

Pudlugger
09-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Tough question. LaGrange looks good on paper but hasn't been tested yet. Hard to figure PI until they move north in the playoffs. El Campos 100 points in three games looks far better than what's really happened. on the field I thought region four was going to be tougher this year but it's looking weaker over all, just more evenly matched. Ingleside has plenty of talent as does Bellville. Bottom line is - it's anybodies guess so far.

La Grange will face their biggest challenge Oct 11 against Gonzales in Apache land. However, the Leps defeated Columbus in their house handily leading the entire game and only giving up the final Cardinal td in the last 30 seconds on a punt return against the Lep bench. The Cardinals beat Bellville last night which says one of two things. Either Bellville is overrated or Columbus is much better than most folks thought. There are a number of good teams in R4 and as the season progresses we will see many upsets in all regions. The cream rises to the top.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Yoakum is getting healthier. Half of our 6 out, returned last night. Got some rep's finally. Other 3 key starters (two way starters) will filter in during district. One will be back in 2 weeks and others returning each week after. Two unfortunately, out for year. Was hoping for the last district game return (and hopefully into playoffs if we make it), but--decided best not to return.

This said, we are not close to being a top 10 region 4 team at this point. We will, if things continue as they have the past 2 weeks by getting healthy, make some noise once district starts. Team could very well be undefeated even with all the issues. Lead late in the losses.

Those coming out of the M*A*S*H unit, will help us where we need it, on the defense.

My Top 10 in R4 currently.

1.) LaGrange
2.) Wharton
3.) El Campo
4.) Cuero
5.) LaVernia
6.) PI
7.) Gonzales
8.) Navarro
9.) Ingelside
10.) Bellville/Sinton

99IHSMustang
09-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Yoakum is getting healthier. Half of our 6 out, returned last night. Got some rep's finally. Other 3 key starters (two way starters) will filter in during district. One will be back in 2 weeks and others returning each week after. Two unfortunately, out for year. Was hoping for the last district game return (and hopefully into playoffs if we make it), but--decided best not to return.

This said, we are not close to being a top 10 region 4 team at this point. We will, if things continue as they have the past 2 weeks by getting healthy, make some noise once district starts. Team could very well be undefeated even with all the issues. Lead late in the losses.

Those coming out of the M*A*S*H unit, will help us where we need it, on the defense.

1.) LaGrange
2.) Wharton
3.) El Campo
4.) Cuero
5.) LaVernia
6.) PI
7.) Gonzales
8.) Navarro
9.) Ingelside
10.) Bellville/Sinton

I think Orange Grove should be thrown into the mix.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2013, 01:32 PM

I agree. 4 or 5 others as well could be in there. But--I just went with these 10. Top 5 was easier to slot, then it got hard looking at their past results and opponents they played. Picture getting clearer who the elite's are though.

WhartonTigers
09-30-2013, 08:40 AM

I can dig this list.

MUSTANG69
09-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Cuero definitely belongs on that list. Their running back is only going to get better. That is one tough kid.

OLE'BULL
09-30-2013, 11:14 AM

1.) LaGrange
2.) Wharton
3.) El Campo
4.) Cuero
5.) LaVernia
6.) PI
7.) Gonzales
8.) Navarro
9.) Ingelside
10.) Bellville/Sinton

I agree with it. What I dont understand, is how some other poster (cant remember who) was bashing our district. 2 of the top 3 teams on this list are in our district.

YTBulldogs
09-30-2013, 11:22 AM
I agree with it. What I dont understand, is how some other poster (cant remember who) was bashing our district. 2 of the top 3 teams on this list are in our district.

Might be someone from the town I have listed #1. So, might be right.:1popcorn:

maestro
09-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Playoff games are a battle of styles.
Last year the slot t teams ruled.
I would say they are the front runners.
That and Yoakum may surprise. They will get fresh legs coming in and a renewed hunger just about the right time of year when some teams may have peaked.