PDA

View Full Version : Region II GotW: Gilmer Travels to Chapel Hill

buckeyebob
09-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Gilmer Buckeyes are coming off a stunning victory of the Gladewater Bears. Now, Chapel Hill is the fodder...or will they be able to do what others have not. Are we just lucky? Are we the doom in District of Doom?

hollywood
09-28-2013, 09:30 AM
Man this thread oozes with sarcasm! Lol

Good win Buckeyes! Keep it rolling. Still a lot of football left. Enjoy the ride until dooms day. Argyle or Sville looming in the distance. ;)

lostaussie
09-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Man this thread oozes with sarcasm! Lol

Good win Buckeyes! Keep it rolling. Still a lot of football left. Enjoy the ride until dooms day. Argyle or Sville looming in the distance. ;)Can Sville go D2 under any circumstances?

Aesculus gilmus
09-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Can Sville go D2 under any circumstances?

I don't know. I see what he's saying, though. Chapel Hill just lost their best player. They will still probably make the playoffs, but if they and Henderson both miss the playoffs, Gilmer goes D1.

It is possible, though only infinitesimally so, that Gilmer beating Chapel Hill next Friday would be what causes CHill to miss the playoffs. You never know this early in the schedule.

I am not entirely sure that D1 would be a tougher route to a title. Again, you never know until the regular season is over and the brackets are set.

defense51
09-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Can Sville go D2 under any circumstances?

No, they are a definite D1 with the largest enrollment in District 7.

poisoned10
09-28-2013, 12:09 PM
In order for Gilmer to go D1, 2 of the following 3 would have to miss the playoffs; Kilgore, Chapel Hill, Henderson. Very unlikely.

With this new playoff format, I think D1 will be 100 times tougher than D2.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

Aesculus gilmus
09-28-2013, 02:00 PM
The only thing new is the extra game because there are two D1 teams from each district rather than one. There is just no way of knowing at this point in the season which division is going to be more difficult. It'll be more set in advance next season, of course.

Just based on rankings, it's going to be harder for Gilmer to advance out of our region in D2 as long as Argyle is in D2 also.

That's if you believe the hype about Argyle and I tend to believe it. They are beatable, of course, but I don't see a more difficult playoff opponent among the potential D1 schools of Region II, not even Kilgore.

buckeyebob
09-29-2013, 08:30 AM
Man this thread oozes with sarcasm! Lol ;)

Some of these guys are...pitifull.

D1 is by far the hardest it's got the top team in 3A

lostaussie
09-29-2013, 08:09 PM
D1 is by far the hardest it's got the top team in 3AMaybe :D

regaleagle
09-29-2013, 08:17 PM
What Chapel Hill player is out and what position did he play?

Aggie98
09-29-2013, 08:34 PM
What Chapel Hill player is out and what position did he play?

Joseph Clark, LB/RB. He's probably the best player on that team, on both sides of the ball. He's a Texas Tech commit.

orange machine
09-29-2013, 09:32 PM
If I can get somekne to go with me im gonna try to make this game.

waterboy
09-30-2013, 08:10 AM
If I can get somekne to go with me im gonna try to make this game.

Do I need to come pick you up?:D

This "could" be a good game. I guess it depends on how Chapel Hill responds to the loss of a team leader, and how Gilmer prepares for them. If Gilmer has a good week of practice, and goes out and executes their game plan, this game could get out of hand. The Buckeyes are explosive offensively, and stingy defensively, not to mention their special teams are deadly. You never know how players will respond from week to week, or how the ball will bounce. That's why you play the game. If you do make it, though, I can promise you will see some of that "East Texas speed" that some people harp on. Speed is overrated unless you can use it with flawless execution.

buckeyebob
09-30-2013, 11:35 AM
D1 is by far the hardest it's got the top team in 3A

That would be Div 2 then...just saying

regaleagle
09-30-2013, 08:04 PM
Hey Ville....want an eye-opener??? Just take a trip to see Kilgore play Gilmer in a few weeks. That should be the game of the year in D16. It features a great defense trying to stop a great offense, and Kilgore's methodical offensive line trying to control the LOS and the game clock. The trouble is that the Gilmer defense, although not that big up front, is very quick and like a bunch of spider monkeys to the ball. Their secondary is very quick and also good against the run. I don't know if there is a weakness in the Gilmer defense that can be exploited regularly. You just have to play them even and try to win it late. And hope they don't get up on your team by a couple of TD's or your team is in trouble. I believe they even have a very good kicker this season.

BTW, what week will this game be played, and who's the home team???

waterboy
09-30-2013, 08:23 PM
Hey Ville....want an eye-opener??? Just take a trip to see Kilgore play Gilmer in a few weeks. That should be the game of the year in D16. It features a great defense trying to stop a great offense, and Kilgore's methodical offensive line trying to control the LOS and the game clock. The trouble is that the Gilmer defense, although not that big up front, is very quick and like a bunch of spider monkeys to the ball. Their secondary is very quick and also good against the run. I don't know if there is a weakness in the Gilmer defense that can be exploited regularly. You just have to play them even and try to win it late. And hope they don't get up on your team by a couple of TD's or your team is in trouble. I believe they even have a very good kicker this season.

Gilmer plays at Kilgore in the last game of the regular season. It should be a doozy. I think both teams will be unbeaten when they play.

hollywood
09-30-2013, 08:50 PM

regaleagle, have you seen either team play this season?

regaleagle
09-30-2013, 09:52 PM
I watch tape of the Buckeyes and have only read about Kilgore from some of the East Texas contingent on Smoaky, but sounds to me like Kilgore has the D this season, and has had no trouble putting up points too. I suspect they will be in the hunt in D1 come playoff time.

buckeyebob
10-02-2013, 06:06 AM

That is Rabid Spider Monkey...

hollywood
10-02-2013, 09:23 AM
I watch tape of the Buckeyes and have only read about Kilgore from some of the East Texas contingent on Smoaky, but sounds to me like Kilgore has the D this season, and has had no trouble putting up points too. I suspect they will be in the hunt in D1 come playoff time.

You have access to game tape? You know things are digital this days! ;) Probably Youtube videos?

Kilgore will pose a challenge to Gilmer without doubt. They'll match up well. Speed for speed mano e mano. Should be a great game.

waterboy
10-02-2013, 10:28 AM
You have access to game tape? You know things are digital this days! ;) Probably Youtube videos?

Kilgore will pose a challenge to Gilmer without doubt. They'll match up well. Speed for speed mano e mano. Should be a great game.

No doubt Kilgore will pose a challenge for Gilmer. They have the same kind of speed the Buckeyes enjoy. I think the difference this year could be on the offensive side of the ball. If the Buckeyes can get a couple of TDs ahead, and keep Kilgore playing from behind, it'll be more difficult for them as the game progresses. Last year the Buckeyes won a tight one with a goal line stand in the final seconds. This year the Buckeyes execute a lot better offensively, and Barr won't miss those passes that would've kept drives alive last year, and he has a few more weapons at his disposal. The defense this year is also faster to the edges, plugs gaps better, gets pressure on the QB better, and covers receivers better. Of course, that is what Kilgore is well-known for, too. So, this game could go either way, but I like the Buckeyes chances better this year.

hollywood
10-02-2013, 10:55 AM
No doubt Kilgore will pose a challenge for Gilmer. They have the same kind of speed the Buckeyes enjoy. I think the difference this year could be on the offensive side of the ball. If the Buckeyes can get a couple of TDs ahead, and keep Kilgore playing from behind, it'll be more difficult for them as the game progresses. Last year the Buckeyes won a tight one with a goal line stand in the final seconds. This year the Buckeyes execute a lot better offensively, and Barr won't miss those passes that would've kept drives alive last year, and he has a few more weapons at his disposal. The defense this year is also faster to the edges, plugs gaps better, gets pressure on the QB better, and covers receivers better. Of course, that is what Kilgore is well-known for, too. So, this game could go either way, but I like the Buckeyes chances better this year.

All good points on how to beat Kilgore. That's exactly how Stephenville beat them last season. Jumped out to a 21-0 lead and put the pressure on them to play catch up. Ended up being a great football game. Kilgore was able to close the gap to 10 when it was all said and done... but still lost 42-32. ;)

Stephenville is off that week. Would be fun to gather a few buddies and head East to catch this one. Could be the game of the week across the state IMO. Country Tavern has amazing ribs. What more could you ask for? Great football, great BBQ, with great friends.

waterboy
10-02-2013, 11:46 AM
All good points on how to beat Kilgore. That's exactly how Stephenville beat them last season. Jumped out to a 21-0 lead and put the pressure on them to play catch up. Ended up being a great football game. Kilgore was able to close the gap to 10 when it was all said and done... but still lost 42-32. ;)

Stephenville is off that week. Would be fun to gather a few buddies and head East to catch this one. Could be the game of the week across the state IMO. Country Tavern has amazing ribs. What more could you ask for? Great football, great BBQ, with great friends.

Come on out! It should be a battle of titans, for sure. I think both teams will be unbeaten going in, and both ranked in the top 3. A word of advice, though, get to the stadium EARLY 'cause it will be PACKED! They say the stadium holds around 7,300 and judging from last year's game there will be around 9,000 in attendance if not more, not to mention parking is terrible. Maybe we can meet up.

Aggie98
10-02-2013, 11:49 AM
First of all, I wouldn't waste my gas money to go see Gilmer/Chapel Hill. It will be a slaughter. I went to the Prestonwood/Gilmer game in our off week and Gilmer's offense put on a clinic. The biggest difference that I could see between '12 Gilmer and '13 Gilmer was the play of the QB, Barr. The throws that he was missing last year were on the money this year. The skinny post was an automatic TD everytime they went to it. The defense looked like it did against Kilgore last year.... suffocating.

As far as Gilmer vs. Kilgore..... who knows? Two great teams with two vastly different approaches to winning football games. From what I've seen from Gilmer it'll take a juggernaut to knock them off. Is Kilgore a juggernaut? I don't know.... but I can say with a reasonable certainty that we are a couple of notches better than we were last year.... especially on offense. Only time will tell if we're good enough to beat the Gilmers and Stephenvilles of the world.

waterboy
10-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Gilmer did perform well against Prestonwood, no doubt. It'll take that kind of intensity and preparation to beat Kilgore. By the way, Aggie98, I wished I would've known you were coming to that game. I had two extra reserved tickets. Gilmer could've hung at least 80 points on Prestonwood if they hadn't have had the two turnovers inside the Prestonwood 5-yard line.

hollywood
10-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Come on out! It should be a battle of titans, for sure. I think both teams will be unbeaten going in, and both ranked in the top 3. A word of advice, though, get to the stadium EARLY 'cause it will be PACKED! They say the stadium holds around 7,300 and judging from last year's game there will be around 9,000 in attendance if not more, not to mention parking is terrible. Maybe we can meet up.

I figured it would be packed! We'd definitely want to get there early. Being a neutral fan and all of both programs, I would probably sit on the Gilmer side because I already know at least 3 RABID SPIDER MONKEY fans from there. ;) The Tres Amigos. Besides, I already have lots of orange attire. Mainly because of the soccer team I coach. ;)

lostaussie
10-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Besides, I already have lots of orange attire. My boss is not from Gilmer but he likes to go to some playoff games when the time comes, because his hometown sucks:D. Anyhow, I will usually try to let him know which side the Buckeyes are on. He always says it doesn't matter...............he just looks for all the camoflauge. Thats when he knows he on the right side:D

waterboy
10-02-2013, 02:07 PM
My boss is not from Gilmer but he likes to go to some playoff games when the time comes, because his hometown sucks:D. Anyhow, I will usually try to let him know which side the Buckeyes are on. He always says it doesn't matter...............he just looks for all the camoflauge. Thats when he knows he on the right side:D

Have you gotten yourself one of those "Buck Dynasty" caps yet?

hollywood
10-02-2013, 02:10 PM
My boss is not from Gilmer but he likes to go to some playoff games when the time comes, because his hometown sucks:D. Anyhow, I will usually try to let him know which side the Buckeyes are on. He always says it doesn't matter...............he just looks for all the camoflauge. Thats when he knows he on the right side:D

I think I can top that! How about a Camo shirt with orange print? :2thumbsup:

hollywood
10-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Have you gotten yourself one of those "Buck Dynasty" caps yet?

:spitlol: Now that's funny quack JACK!

waterboy
10-02-2013, 02:27 PM
:spitlol: Now that's funny quack JACK!

They are cool-looking! They are camouflage, with orange embroidered "Buck Dynasty" on the top front, and the logo orange "G" on either side of the cap. Uncle Si would be proud!

lostaussie
10-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Have you gotten yourself one of those "Buck Dynasty" caps yet?Nope........I got the shirt!

hollywood
10-02-2013, 03:07 PM
They are cool-looking! They are camouflage, with orange embroidered "Buck Dynasty" on the top front, and the logo orange "G" on either side of the cap. Uncle Si would be proud!

Nope........I got the shirt!

You could also create a BUCK COMMANDER shirt with the orange Green Bay "G". They already have the BUCK COMMANDER shirts. ;)

White-tail season will be in full effect by 11/08 you know! I may show up in Camo myself... look out! Where's Hollywood?

Aggie98
10-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Gilmer did perform well against Prestonwood, no doubt. It'll take that kind of intensity and preparation to beat Kilgore. By the way, Aggie98, I wished I would've known you were coming to that game. I had two extra reserved tickets. Gilmer could've hung at least 80 points on Prestonwood if they hadn't have had the two turnovers inside the Prestonwood 5-yard line.

I just might have taken you up on that offer had I known it stood. I ended up sitting on the visitor's side..... you know, to see how the rich folk watch a football game. Boy was I wrong. Their fans were closer to a Spring Hill or a White Oak crowd than a Highland Park crowd. I guess they're spending all their money on tuition. Michael Irving was sitting 3 rows behind me though. I did hear him say near the end of the 3rd qtr that "Gilmer's got a damn good football team". Straight out of The Playmaker's mouth.

Aggie98
10-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Come on out! It should be a battle of titans, for sure. I think both teams will be unbeaten going in, and both ranked in the top 3. A word of advice, though, get to the stadium EAyRLY 'cause it will be PACKED! They say the stadium holds around 7,300 and judging from last year's game there will be around 9,000 in attendance if not more, not to mention parking is terrible. Maybe we can meet up.

I've only seen our visitor's side full a handful of times. Hennason filled it last year, Gilmer filled it in '08, and I think John Tyler filled it the last couple of times they came to us. It will definitely be full this year. I've heard rumors they might bring in extra seating for this one..... But I have no idea where they'd put it.

waterboy
10-02-2013, 05:17 PM
I've only seen our visitor's side full a handful of times. Hennason filled it last year, Gilmer filled it in '08, and I think John Tyler filled it the last couple of times they came to us. It will definitely be full this year. I've heard rumors they might bring in extra seating for this one..... But I have no idea where they'd put it.

Maybe they can put it next to that building down there so there won't be any room for that dadgum train horn!:):doh: That dadgum thing gets on my nerves. Hopefully it won't be blown but twice the whole game...:)

Aggie98
10-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Maybe they can put it next to that building down there so there won't be any room for that dadgum train horn!:):doh: That dadgum thing gets on my nerves. Hopefully it won't be blown but twice the whole game...:)

There's a little room between the south EZ and the KC field house. They won't let us blow the horn in district games. The only time we've been allowed to use it this year was Mt. Pleasant. The air compressor could barely keep up that night.

waterboy
10-02-2013, 09:53 PM
There's a little room between the south EZ and the KC field house. They won't let us blow the horn in district games. The only time we've been allowed to use it this year was Mt. Pleasant. The air compressor could barely keep up that night.

That's the only place any extra stands could go, the south endzone. They already have stands on the other three sides. I am relieved that I won't have to hear that dadgum train horn!

regaleagle
10-02-2013, 11:36 PM

That's the game film I watched, lol. Glad to hear that was one of Gilmer's better games so far.

waterboy
10-03-2013, 08:01 AM
That's the game film I watched, lol. Glad to hear that was one of Gilmer's better games so far.

Actually, the Buckeyes have performed well in 4 of the 5 games they've played thus far. As for performing well, I think they've had better defensive games by far, but Prestonwood was a very good offensive team in their own right. Prestonwood was not a bad team defensively, either. Gilmer just made the plays that they weren't making last year against them. That's why it's extremely hard for a team to beat us two times in a row. Usually, when teams do beat us two times in a row, the bulk of the team that lost the first one graduated. So far in the Traylor era, there has only been 4 teams that have beaten us twice, only 3 of those in a row, although Carthage didn't beat us in consecutive years. Only Daingerfield in bi-district in '01 and '02, and Argyle in the playoffs of '10 and '11 have beaten us in consecutive years. If we have the same players, especially in the skill positions from the year before, a consecutive loss simply doesn't happen. Coach Traylor and his staff are extremely good at that.

Aesculus gilmus
10-03-2013, 08:11 AM
The bi-district loss in 2001 was to Pleasant Grove — Hawks 10, Bucks 0 at Lobo Stadium.

waterboy
10-03-2013, 08:32 AM
The bi-district loss in 2001 was to Pleasant Grove — Hawks 10, Bucks 0 at Lobo Stadium.

Yeah, I remember that now. That was the ONLY shutout under Traylor. My memory fades... When was it we lost to Daingerfield consecutively in the Traylor era, or have we? I know your the newspaper, historical guru, and would have that info handy. If we haven't, that brings the total to two teams that have beat us consecutively, right? If I remember correctly, we have only lost more than once to 4 teams since Traylor took over.

Aesculus gilmus
10-03-2013, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I remember that now. That was the ONLY shutout under Traylor. My memory fades... When was it we lost to Daingerfield consecutively in the Traylor era, or have we? I know your the newspaper, historical guru, and would have that info handy. If we haven't, that brings the total to two teams that have beat us consecutively, right? If I remember correctly, we have only lost more than once to 4 teams since Traylor took over.

There have not been consecutive losses to Daingerfield. In 2000, Gilmer lost in the regular season at Daingerfield, 35-14. In 2002, Gilmer lost to Daingerfield in bi-district, 36-23. In 2005, Gilmer lost in regular season at Daingerfield, 26-17.

http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=1030
This is the site I most often use to look this kind of thing up. Interestingly, I remember that 2000 game better than the rest because I was on the sideline taking photos that night. Also, I was so much younger. Now the games and even entire seasons tend to blend together.

buckeyebob
10-03-2013, 12:56 PM

here is a start... http://www.youtube.com/user/gilmergreene

buckeyebob
10-03-2013, 01:01 PM
I figured it would be packed! We'd definitely want to get there early. Being a neutral fan and all of both programs, I would probably sit on the Gilmer side because I already know at least 3 RABID SPIDER MONKEY fans from there. ;) The Tres Amigos. Besides, I already have lots of orange attire. Mainly because of the soccer team I coach. ;)

Yep...we may have to get started on Thursday but we will make it...it would be great to see y'all....jeez, I have not been to Country Tavern in forever...mmmmmmm!

buckeyebob
10-03-2013, 01:06 PM

Kilgore overflowed it...now, according to Allbritton (Supt), he is going to add another "Band Bleacher" to the norh end & rework the restrooms

buckeyebob
10-03-2013, 01:07 PM

Thank you Jesus!

movethechain
10-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Kilgore overflowed it...now, according to Allbritton (Supt), he is going to add another "Band Bleacher" to the norh end & rework the restrooms

I just hope our band gets to the stadium first. Last time we had bleachers in the south end zone and either Carthage or Henderson's band filled it up. Legend has it that Jeff sent someone looking for a tractor and chain to pull the bleachers out of the stadium before halftime ... with the opponents band still in 'em if necessary. Boy did they make a lot of noise and create a nuisance to our offense.

waterboy
10-03-2013, 07:15 PM
I just hope our band gets to the stadium first. Last time we had bleachers in the south end zone and either Carthage or Henderson's band filled it up. Legend has it that Jeff sent someone looking for a tractor and chain to pull the bleachers out of the stadium before halftime ... with the opponents band still in 'em if necessary. Boy did they make a lot of noise and create a nuisance to our offense.

Yep, that was Henderson's band. They didn't like it too much when they were told to stop playing when the teams were on that end of the field. They have a large band, and when they were playing the players couldn't hear the whistle, so they were told to move or not play. I honestly don't know where they would put a new set of bleachers for the band, but it just doesn't seem right for the Buckeye band to be on the visitor's side, although we can hear them much better. They could just put another set of bleachers on the visitor's side on the south end just like they did for the Buckeye band. That would get my vote.

movethechain
10-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Yep, that was Henderson's band. They didn't like it too much when they were told to stop playing when the teams were on that end of the field. They have a large band, and when they were playing the players couldn't hear the whistle, so they were told to move or not play. I honestly don't know where they would put a new set of bleachers for the band, but it just doesn't seem right for the Buckeye band to be on the visitor's side, although we can hear them much better. They could just put another set of bleachers on the visitor's side on the south end just like they did for the Buckeye band. That would get my vote.

There does seem to be room there. I'm not a fan of home bands sitting on visitor side either. And don't get me started on Longview's general admission folks (that's me) all have to sit on the vistor's side with, umm, the vistor's. This is high school, not college or pro. We expect to sit with our townfolk on the home side. Sad that Longview fans are "visitors" in their own stadium. But on the bright side, at least they are on the same side with their band. :evillol:

hollywood
10-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Yep...we may have to get started on Thursday but we will make it...it would be great to see y'all....jeez, I have not been to Country Tavern in forever...mmmmmmm!

LOL... Well, we'll keep this one on the agenda! We may have to leave on Wednesday. Don't want to get lost out there in the woods. Scary things happen in deep East Texas. Not sure we have enough speed to escape. :eek:

movethechain
10-03-2013, 08:44 PM
LOL... Well, we'll keep this one on the agenda! We may have to leave on Wednesday. Don't want to get lost out there in the woods. Scary things happen in deep East Texas. Not sure we have enough speed to escape. :eek:

Hollywood, what's this WE business. YOU only have to be faster than one other guy or gal you are with. The big creatures in the woods around here are usually satisfied with one tasty snack at a time.

Roughneck93
10-03-2013, 08:44 PM

:fnypost:

buckeyebob
10-03-2013, 10:49 PM

Some of it is downright fun.

waterboy
10-04-2013, 09:13 AM

Just stay on the main roads, pray your vehicle doesn't break down, and be sure and RUN if you hear "duelling banjoes"! Just make sure you outrun who you are with and you won't have anything to worry about.:evilgrin:

hollywood
10-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Hollywood, what's this WE business. YOU only have to be faster than one other guy or gal you are with. The big creatures in the woods around here are usually satisfied with one tasty snack at a time.

LOL... we may have to have a foot race before we head out to see who gets to go or not. They have to be slower than me to get to go. Sville, Ville-D, and maybe vtskneb. refereedoc may could beat me in a foot race... not sure though. I know his son has some jets. ;)

hollywood
10-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Some of it is downright fun.

Moonshine? Now Gsquared may have a story or 10 about that! So the legend goes.

hollywood
10-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Just stay on the main roads, pray your vehicle doesn't break down, and be sure and RUN if you hear "duelling banjoes"! Just make sure you outrun who you are with and you won't have anything to worry about.:evilgrin:

waterboy, I like the dueling banjos! Just not on a dark road in deep East Texas! Now that would make you want to clinch and bolt for the highway.

waterboy
10-04-2013, 11:01 AM
waterboy, I like the dueling banjos! Just not on a dark road in deep East Texas! Now that would make you want to clinch and bolt for the highway.

I "think" you'll be safe on the main highways..., although I would keep my eyes and ears peeled.:D;)

buckeyebob
10-04-2013, 02:57 PM

Well, can you squeal like a pig?

poisoned10
10-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Gilmer up 29-7 at halftime.

It took Gilmer about 16 minutes but the offense finally got going. A touchdown followed by a roughing the kicker penalty on the PAT led to Gilmer attempting and recovering an onside kick since they were kicking from the Chapel Hill 45 yard line. Gilmer scored 2 plays later and momentum has been with us since.

However, Chapel Hill was down to Whitehouse 35-0 and ended up losing 42-34. So they are capable of making a strong 2nd half comeback. I just hope they don't do it tonight.

waterboy
10-05-2013, 12:55 AM
Gilmer up 29-7 at halftime.

It took Gilmer about 16 minutes but the offense finally got going. A touchdown followed by a roughing the kicker penalty on the PAT led to Gilmer attempting and recovering an onside kick since they were kicking from the Chapel Hill 45 yard line. Gilmer scored 2 plays later and momentum has been with us since.

However, Chapel Hill was down to Whitehouse 35-0 and ended up losing 42-34. So they are capable of making a strong 2nd half comeback. I just hope they don't do it tonight.

Chapel Hill definitely tired to make a game of it, but Gilmer was just too much. Chapel Hill is a pretty good team, and will definitely get the third spot in this district. The officiating in this game was horrible. This crew needs to find something else to do on Friday nights. Thankfully, it didn't affect the outcome. The calls were bad for both teams, and slowed the game way down. It wasn't over till about 11:00 clock. Final score Gilmer 56, Chapel Hill 28. Give credit to CH for playing their best game of the year against the best team they've faced this year.

movethechain
10-05-2013, 01:14 AM
Agree on horrible officiating. Chapel Hill is a good team and should be a stiff challenge to anyone they meet. Prayers for the player that was carried off on a stretcher from Chapel Hill. Glad to see some of our backup players get some good play time in and show their stuff, especially Lewis #9. I know he plays well on defense all the time and has to wait for his time on offense, but he has turned into a hoss running the ball. He runs with authority.

buckeyebob
10-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Lewsi just moved up to a Tier 1 back...awsome night for the young man...jeez, anothe quality arrow in the quiver. Look out Kilgore.

adoptedbuckeye
10-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Chapel Hill definitely tired to make a game of it, but Gilmer was just too much. Chapel Hill is a pretty good team, and will definitely get the third spot in this district. The officiating in this game was horrible. This crew needs to find something else to do on Friday nights. Thankfully, it didn't affect the outcome. The calls were bad for both teams, and slowed the game way down. It wasn't over till about 11:00 clock. Final score Gilmer 56, Chapel Hill 28. Give credit to CH for playing their best game of the year against the best team they've faced this year.

I thought we were going to have a riot on our hands a couple times

hollywood
10-05-2013, 11:17 AM
I thought we were going to have a riot on our hands a couple times

That's East Texas for ya! Anything East of I-35 is East Texas... and that includes Alvarillo! :D

We better have that foot race like I was saying yesterday before us West Texas boys head East for the Gilmer/Kilgore game. Yep, things could get out of control in this one.