PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum-Rice Con.

bd62
09-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Yoakum 63-Rice 41

Pudlugger
09-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Good win for the Bulldogs. Getting some mo going into district now.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Nice win Dog's. Needed it. Appears the "O" is clicking. 630 total yards. Tre' Hights amazing. :eek: But, gave up 500. Couple late scores given up by the "D". Rice not that bad of a 0-5 team. They played East Bernard close and hung with Columbus till late I see.

Regardless, it's great to toot our horn finally getting our first "W". LOL. Week off now, and then the real games start, with Homecoming -- as Smithville rolls into town for the district opener. Go Dog's!!!!

Tre' Hights, 673 yards rushing, 12 TD's in 4 games. :1popcorn: Junior is for real.

Yoe_09
09-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Good win for Yoakum. After losing a very late lead to Hallettsville last week, it's always good to bounce back right before you go into a strong district.

Wasn't' the EB/Rice game cancelled early in the 2nd quarter with EB leading 13-0? Regardless, you are right, Altair Rice is still not a bad 0-4 team. I put them in the same category as Salado. Both could make some noise in district play. The Altair Rice/Edna game should determine 2nd in that district.

speedbump
09-28-2013, 12:23 PM
Good win for Yoakum. After losing a very late lead to Hallettsville last week, it's always good to bounce back right before you go into a strong district.

Wasn't' the EB/Rice game cancelled early in the 2nd quarter with EB leading 13-0? Regardless, you are right, Altair Rice is still not a bad 0-4 team. I put them in the same category as Salado. Both could make some noise in district play. The Altair Rice/Edna game should determine 2nd in that district.

You are right. Allowing at least 46 in every game.Altair is a terrible 0-4 team not just a bad one.

Yoe_09
09-28-2013, 12:35 PM
You are right. Allowing at least 46 in every game.Altair is a terrible 0-4 team not just a bad one.

In 3A yes, they could be in the discussions as a bad 3A team. But, in 2A region IV, they will still make the playoffs, and could make a decent run with the offense they have. But yes, it appears they have no defense.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2013, 12:47 PM
Figured you'd bust my bubble bump. :tongue: Trying to find the positive man. :wave:

speedbump
09-28-2013, 01:08 PM
Figured you'd bust my bubble bump. :tongue: Trying to find the positive man. :wave:

Your bubble should be OK. Look at the bright side - you scored more than anybody else against them. Now , if you had only scored 24........

speedbump
09-28-2013, 01:14 PM
In 3A yes, they could be in the discussions as a bad 3A team. But, in 2A region IV, they will still make the playoffs, and could make a decent run with the offense they have. But yes, it appears they have no defense.

Yea, they will make it into the post season with about a 2-7 and get pounded by you guys.

Yoe_09
09-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Yea, they will make it into the post season with about a 2-7 and get pounded by you guys.

Potentially.

I say they end up 5-5 or 4-6. They should lose to Hallettsville but I think they will beat either Hempstead or Edna....or potentially both. 2-4 in that district is kind of cloudy.