PDA

View Full Version : Pudlugger's Player of the Week

Pudlugger
11-22-2003, 08:11 AM
Three weeks ago this kid was playing on the La Grange freshman team. Coach V decided it was time to change our kicker and invited him up to varsity for the first play-off game. He had the opportunity to kick his first varsity extra point against Sealy and split the up-rights. This week he was 2 for 2 in PATs against Orangefield and was called on to win the game for the Leps with 5 seconds left on the clock, the ball on the 9 yardline and the Leopard future on the line with the score tied 14-14. The Bobcats let him line up then took a timeout to freeze him. The did it again to use their final time-out. The kid took a few practice swipes over the tee block while the crowd held their breath and waited, the suspense palpable as he lined up for the third time to call the snap. The snap was good, the ball went down and the kick looked good...sailing through the left of center over the goal posts for a 26 yard FG. Leps win 17-14. Who is this guy? He is 14 year old Hunter Kallus, #22, with ice-water in his veins and dynamite in his toes. Way to go Hunter, and welcome to the big leagues!!! :D :D :D

<small>[ November 22, 2003, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Titans
11-22-2003, 09:34 AM
Congrats to the Leopards and to Hunter for a big win.

To say he's the player of the week is a little premature, don't you think? Besides, how many tackles did the kid make? How many yards did he throw for? How many tackles did he break on his way to scoring those touchdowns? How many blocks did he provide for those running backs?

I'm not saying he wasn't an important part of winning, but to actually say he PLAYED is not entirely the truth. And if it's not the TRUTH, then he can't be the player of the week.

Freshman Kicker of the Night!

That's more like it!

Pudlugger
11-22-2003, 09:56 AM
Titans:

To say he's the player of the week is a little premature, don't you think? Besides, how many tackles did the kid make? How many yards did he throw for? How many tackles did he break on his way to scoring those touchdowns? How many blocks did he provide for those running backs?

I'm not saying he wasn't an important part of winning, but to actually say he PLAYED is not entirely the truth. And if it's not the TRUTH, then he can't be the player of the week.

That's more like it!Look here Titan, I'm the guy who makes the decision on who gets Pudlugger Player of the Week, not some candy a$$ed poster out of Austin. Maybe you think it is easy to walk onto a varsity game with the score tied and 5 seconds left and kick a 26 yard field goal as a freshman playing his second game. How far can you kick a football? You probably were in the Band so just shut your pie-hole. As for the other players, they will and have gotten recognition for their outstanding play. Go home, I here your mother calling you. :mad:

3afan2K3
11-22-2003, 10:19 AM
Titans:

That's more like it!who would you put as your player of the week

lepfan
11-22-2003, 10:23 AM
Pudlugger:

Titans:

That's more like it!Look here Titan, I'm the guy who makes the decision on who gets Pudlugger Player of the Week, not some candy a$$ed poster out of Austin. Maybe you think it is easy to walk onto a varsity game with the score tied and 5 seconds left and kick a 26 yard field goal as a freshman playing his second game. How far can you kick a football? You probably were in the Band so just shut your pie-hole. As for the other players, they will and have gotten recognition for their outstanding play. Go home, I here your mother calling you. :mad: Don't you just love these goobers Pudlugger...you told him! haha

jason
11-22-2003, 10:27 AM
Cool...you don't hear about too many freshman making a difference in a playoff game...not in the upper classes anyways...

Pudlugger
11-22-2003, 10:47 AM
jason:
Cool...you don't hear about too many freshman making a difference in a playoff game...not in the upper classes anyways...Thanks, Jason, I knew Forney fans could appreciate that. Good luck next week, yall are destined this year to win it all. :D

oldercoach
11-22-2003, 11:03 AM
Congrats to the Freshman kicker. Lots of pressure on anyone, especially a 14 year old used to watching from the stands. Interesting sidenote: Orangefield's kicker was also a freshman having been pulled up for the playoffs. He nearly had the pressure on him a couple of minutes earlier before the interception.

Pudlugger
11-22-2003, 11:44 AM
oldercoach:
Congrats to the Freshman kicker. Lots of pressure on anyone, especially a 14 year old used to watching from the stands. Interesting sidenote: Orangefield's kicker was also a freshman having been pulled up for the playoffs. He nearly had the pressure on him a couple of minutes earlier before the interception.Yeah, that was a heck of a game and some finish. Both teams played great football. OF is a well coached talented team and will undoubtedly be back next year. That Farias is one great player, as is Modica. Good luck. :)

fullhouse
11-25-2003, 01:28 PM
I love that you gave it to the kicker, Pud! I'm kind of fond of those kickers :D Sounds like the kid has a promising future. My boy did all of the kicking as a freshman on Varsity and it's a tremendous amount of pressure on an inexperienced kid, but can only pay off in years to come! Good Luck against Marlin. Go get 'em Leps.

Pudlugger
11-25-2003, 01:38 PM
fullhouse:
I love that you gave it to the kicker, Pud! I'm kind of fond of those kickers :D Sounds like the kid has a promising future. My boy did all of the kicking as a freshman on Varsity and it's a tremendous amount of pressure on an inexperienced kid, but can only pay off in years to come! Good Luck against Marlin. Go get 'em Leps.I watched your son kick and I was amazed at his skill. I still wonder if they took all the air out of that ball to make it drop dead on the 5 yardline every time he punted! LOL Just kidding. Thanks for the support, I need it today. :D

cunbed10
11-25-2003, 01:43 PM
Marlin Bulldogs Football, It's a way of Life

fullhouse
11-25-2003, 02:18 PM
Pudlugger:

fullhouse:
I love that you gave it to the kicker, Pud! I'm kind of fond of those kickers :D Sounds like the kid has a promising future. My boy did all of the kicking as a freshman on Varsity and it's a tremendous amount of pressure on an inexperienced kid, but can only pay off in years to come! Good Luck against Marlin. Go get 'em Leps.I watched your son kick and I was amazed at his skill. I still wonder if they took all the air out of that ball to make it drop dead on the 5 yardline every time he punted! LOL Just kidding. Thanks for the support, I need it today. :D Ah, just keep shakin' those haters off ~ your boys will take care of business for you. It's that big bullseye that comes with being at the top I guess.