PDA

View Full Version : OK Downlow sports phychologists....

Cam
09-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Should a coach punish a team at practice for a whole week after losing a game? I'm talking about extra running, bear crawls, etc. What are your thoughts?

OLE'BULL
09-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Should a coach punish a team at practice for a whole week after losing a game? I'm talking about extra running, bear crawls, etc. What are your thoughts?

It depends. What were the circumstances of the loss? Did they just get beat by the better team, have too many penalties, etc.? Or was there poor sportsmanship, lack of hustle, etc.?

Rattler
09-27-2013, 02:07 PM
We ran 1 extra 40 yard sprint for each point scored against us win or lose on Monday.. but no punishment beyond Monday.

And I played 6Man.....

Cam
09-27-2013, 02:35 PM
It depends. What were the circumstances of the loss? Did they just get beat by the better team, have too many penalties, etc.? Or was there poor sportsmanship, lack of hustle, etc.?

Let's just say beat by a better team...or maybe a better prepared team...

Bullaholic
09-27-2013, 02:50 PM

Kids shouldn't have to run for the first part...coaches should for the second.

toddg
09-27-2013, 02:52 PM
We ran 1 extra 40 yard sprint for each point scored against us win or lose on Monday.. but no punishment beyond Monday.

And I played 6Man.....

you ran ALOT of 40s on mondays..http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/emoticons/cartoon/cartoon-emoticon-0012.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

OLE'BULL
09-27-2013, 03:05 PM

OK, my answer is absolutely not. 24 hour rule. When you win or lose, you celebrate or dwell for 24 hours, then move on. Its a maturity thing and it sounds like its the coaches problem, not the players. It is counter productive to punish a team the whole week as opposed to focus on the game that week.

Pudlugger
09-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Sure make 'em pay but expect to get beat bad the next week. This is not a good motivator and destroys moral. If a coach can't own some of the responsibility for a loss he is not a good coach. Analyze film, identify problems and coach to remedy them. That's how it is done.

panfan
09-27-2013, 03:13 PM

A good run session is in order if they gave up or something like that. Otherwise, get over it and move on. BTW - phycologist is the study of algae.

Cam
09-27-2013, 03:27 PM
A good run session is in order if they gave up or something like that. Otherwise, get over it and move on. BTW - phycologist is the study of algae.

OOPS!...."psychologist" would be correct......but I didn't even spell "phycologist" correct!!..:spitlol:.......What the hell is a phychologist???...I put a dang "h" in there!!:vrycnfsd:..........shown up by a Liberty Hiller again!!!