PDA

View Full Version : Houston Kipp Academy is a 72 point underdog to Stafford this week...

Sweetwater Red
09-27-2013, 12:57 PM
...according to pigskin prep

Why would either side schedule this game? I don't see any benefit whatsoever to either school.
I mean a bye and an extra week of practice even seems more beneficial than this.
Can someone please explain? Somebody in the know in 24-3A?

Cam
09-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Well, it does sound like Stafford is pretty good at 3-0....They've won their 3 games by a combined score of 137 to 16 against Tidehaven, Hempstead, & Scarborough...Those 3 schools have a combined record of 2-10.....so, it does make Stafford look quite like the bully...but that could be by accident....hard to say....I'm sure it's a scheduling thing where teams need to find teams to play....Like you say, we need someone from that area to shed some light.....Playing weak teams doesn't help them get ready for district and the likes of La Marque!......

Matthew328
09-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Well, it does sound like Stafford is pretty good at 3-0....They've won their 3 games by a combined score of 137 to 16 against Tidehaven, Hempstead, & Scarborough...Those 3 schools have a combined record of 2-10.....so, it does make Stafford look quite like the bully...but that could be by accident....hard to say....I'm sure it's a scheduling thing where teams need to find teams to play....Like you say, we need someone from that area to shed some light.....Playing weak teams doesn't help them get ready for district and the likes of La Marque!......

In the land of 5 team districts, scheduling options for Week 4 and 5 are few and far between

Scoop27
09-27-2013, 02:07 PM
Guess Stafford was desperate to find a game with anybody

Manso/V8
09-27-2013, 02:30 PM
KIPP is an academic oriented school first that focuses on underserved/disadvantage parts of the population.
I think the acronym stands for Knowledge is Power Program or something like that.
KIPP students have a very high percentage of kids go on to college.
There class room hours exceed typical schools.
They have been adding sports to the program, I think football was one of the most recent additions.
It takes a while to build a good program especially when you are pulling from a high academic focused student population.
They may be underdogs in this game, but I think they will play hard, and maybe Stafford will dial it back a bit to keep the score from being outrageous.
At least the kids get the opportunity to play.

Sweetwater Red
09-27-2013, 03:26 PM
KIPP is an academic oriented school first that focuses on underserved/disadvantage parts of the population.
I think the acronym stands for Knowledge is Power Program or something like that.
KIPP students have a very high percentage of kids go on to college.
There class room hours exceed typical schools.
They have been adding sports to the program, I think football was one of the most recent additions.
It takes a while to build a good program especially when you are pulling from a high academic focused student population.
They may be underdogs in this game, but I think they will play hard, and maybe Stafford will dial it back a bit to keep the score from being outrageous.
At least the kids get the opportunity to play.

Ah okay, that explains a lot. Thanks for the info.

Roughneck93
09-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Thursday night 5A in Houston, Bellaire was up 82-13 at halftime over Sam Houston...final was 82-20.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/article/Perfect-storm-leads-to-Bellaire-s-62-point-win-4848978.php

Scoop27
09-27-2013, 04:36 PM
There are some pretty weak teams in the Houston ISD- Would love to see Sam Houston play Scarborough

Scoop27
09-27-2013, 11:10 PM
Turned out 55-0