PDA

View Full Version : America's Cup Sailing Competition

maestro
09-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Ok,

Strangely I do not sit in front of the TV watching this.

But I'm still going to make this statement....

I think the organizers and sailors and everyone involved in this event HAS LOST T HE TRUE MEANING of why this event was started.....

Who can navigate the big sailing vessels the best to lay claim to the high seas????

The way that they've allowed both sides to modify their boats .....I just thnk the founders of the event never wanted to go this direction...

What I saw on the evening news....that's not a boat, is it??

Ok...feel better...feel free to bash me...like I said, I'm ignorant of much of the modern era of the Americas Cup...

Cam
09-25-2013, 01:49 PM
and these "boats" explain 99% of all UFO's seen in our oceans!!:doh:......

http://imageshack.us/a/img90/2507/9ks3.png

Phil C
09-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Go USA!

Rabid Cougar
09-25-2013, 02:21 PM
and these "boats" explain 99% of all UFO's seen in our oceans!!:doh:......

http://imageshack.us/a/img90/2507/9ks3.png

They are pretty bad a$$ boats. That is 7 tons of boat up out of the water going 35 miles per hour.

caleb_mccaig
09-25-2013, 03:04 PM
yeah I watched one of the races this past weekend and got REAL fired up when Oracle won. Pretty much I'll get fired up for any athletic event whenever there's a team USA. I could probably pre-game curling, or handball.

caleb_mccaig
09-25-2013, 03:40 PM
A HELL OF A COMEBACK BY THE U.S.! Great job!

Pudlugger
09-25-2013, 04:36 PM
It has always been about the world's wealthiest men racing with the most technologically advanced yachts within certain defined parameters and rules. In the 90's things changed with the introduction of catamarans. Now it's basically unlimited racing and you have to be impressed with what has been achieved here. I can only imagine what lies ahead in this larger than life event. Hopefully America will continue to lead the way in men, technology, seamanship and resolve to win such a competition but the world is catching up to us.

1st and goal
09-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Amazing USA come from behind and win race today. Like in 2004 when Boston won 4 straight against the NYY in the WS.

These boats are super performance race horses for racing. they average 35 mph today and were able to do over 50 mph on 1 leg.

The engineering design is freaking phenomenal.

I feel like Phil C. commenting about a relatively unknown sport to Texas football fans. :)

That's all I got to say about that....

ogg
09-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Best on high def. and full screen. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6dnOlE9sjk

Rabid Cougar
09-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Best on high def. and full screen. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6dnOlE9sjk

I am getting one tomorrow!:2thumbsup

Cam
09-26-2013, 09:02 AM
I am getting one tomorrow!:2thumbsup

Whoa!....you're gettin' one of them boats?....will you take me for a spin on it??....:thinking:..wait a minute...were you talkin' bout gettin' a big screen??.....geez, what was I thinkin'?....:vrycnfsd:....OK, I'll bring the :1popcorn:........

Rabid Cougar
09-26-2013, 09:14 AM
whoa!....you're gettin' one of them boats?....will you take me for a spin on it??....:thinking:..wait a minute...were you talkin' bout gettin' a big screen??.....geez, what was i thinkin'?....:vrycnfsd:....ok, i'll bring the :1popcorn:........

the boat!

Cam
09-26-2013, 09:28 AM
the boat!

Rabid Cougar......my new bestest friend!....:D

wimbo_pro
09-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Ok,

Strangely I do not sit in front of the TV watching this.

But I'm still going to make this statement....

I think the organizers and sailors and everyone involved in this event HAS LOST T HE TRUE MEANING of why this event was started.....

Who can navigate the big sailing vessels the best to lay claim to the high seas????

The way that they've allowed both sides to modify their boats .....I just thnk the founders of the event never wanted to go this direction...

What I saw on the evening news....that's not a boat, is it??

Ok...feel better...feel free to bash me...like I said, I'm ignorant of much of the modern era of the Americas Cup...

Football has changed dramatically as well...I'm not so sure the founders would be all that upset.

Rabid Cougar
09-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Rabid Cougar......my new bestest friend!....:D

Awesome! Can I borrow a cool $8 Mil?

Cam
09-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Awesome! Can I borrow a cool $8 Mil?

Waaait a minute RC.....I might can go $49.95....but 8 Mil might be stretchin' it a bit!....Geez man, who needs enemies with friends like you?!......

Rabid Cougar
09-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Waaait a minute RC.....I might can go $49.95....but 8 Mil might be stretchin' it a bit!....Geez man, who needs enemies with friends like you?!......

but you said I was your BFF????????????:(

Cam
09-26-2013, 11:19 AM
but you said I was your BFF????????????:(

well.....let's omit the "forever" part!!......we were friends for about 12 minutes!.....:doh:

Phil C
09-26-2013, 11:25 AM
well.....let's omit the "forever" part!!......we were friends for about 12 minutes!.....:doh:

I guess 12 minutes is better than no minutes at all. :)