PDA

View Full Version : California youth football league mercy rule

D'Highlander
09-25-2013, 01:24 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/25/head-california-youth-football-league-defends-mercy-rule/?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fn

The short version... If your team is up by 35 points during the game, you (the coach) are suspended for the next game...

Thoughts?

Cam
09-25-2013, 01:32 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/25/head-california-youth-football-league-defends-mercy-rule/?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fn

The short version... If your team is up by 35 points during the game, you (the coach) are suspended for the next game...

Thoughts?

Californians are sissies......and everything causes cancer over there!......"WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.".....:doh:

regaleagle
09-25-2013, 01:38 PM
Sounds to me like another reason not to live in Califorinia, haha. Remember, their varsity programs over there are by a different set of rules from most states also.

D'Highlander
09-25-2013, 01:39 PM
I wonder if I am the coach of the other team and I am down by 34, what happens if I take a safety just to be a jack anus?

or

if my team is up by 34 and the other team snaps the ball over the punters head for a safety... I would be pissed

maestro
09-25-2013, 01:41 PM
I've been on the end score of both spectrums.

It ain't fun. But, to be honest....20 minutes after winning big I felt like the worlds biggest jerk.

Our league , it was a case of one team loaded with 12year olds...and another team who chose to go with the majority of 10 year olds...ex. Dad's wanting to tack the talent to match the age of their son.

If this was a one town league...I would say have the leagues player agent rework how the draft is held.

But since this league includes more than one town, don't know what all can be done...maybe turn off the scoreboard after the score gets out of hand???

Kids bounce back faster than the parenta concerning these issues.

D'Highlander
09-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Californians are sissies......and everything causes cancer over there!......"WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.".....:doh:

right... and judging by lawnmower commercials, you can’t own a lawnmower there either... something about emissions.

Rabid Cougar
09-25-2013, 01:49 PM

Thoughts?

Pretty extreme.

Been on both sdies of the ball on this. Our youth league would only count /report scores up to 24 so the score was always 24-0 or 24- 6, ect. If you intentionally ran up the score you were putting your ability to coach the next year at risk. We were required to put a lineman or bench player at RB and QB and pull your two best ball carriers after 24 points up on an obviously inferior team. You could still score more with scrubs but the score would still only be 24-0. 6 Minute quaters with running clock, its hard to do that though.

You pretty much have to be a total A-hole of a coach and person to intentionally run scores up in peewee.

Rabid Cougar
09-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Kids bounce back faster than the parenta concerning these issues.

Very true.

Cam
09-25-2013, 02:03 PM
right... and judging by lawnmower commercials, you can’t own a lawnmower there either... something about emissions.

....harmful emissions....cancer causin' chemicals....none of that is gonna matter over there when the "BIG ONE" hits!....:doh:.........just kiddin' everybody....I wisheth no harmeth to my California brethren.......:crazy1:

icu812
09-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Pretty extreme.

Been on both sdies of the ball on this. Our youth league would only count /report scores up to 24 so the score was always 24-0 or 24- 6, ect. If you intentionally ran up the score you were putting your ability to coach the next year at risk. We were required to put a lineman or bench player at RB and QB and pull your two best ball carriers after 24 points up on an obviously inferior team. You could still score more with scrubs but the score would still only be 24-0. 6 Minute quaters with running clock, its hard to do that though.

You pretty much have to be a total A-hole of a coach and person to intentionally run scores up in peewee.

I just had a RB line. If you want to play RB on the next play get in line. That ended our scoring for the game but it was fun.

The league can choose to handle it the way they see fit. I have no problem with it if that is what they choose to do.

caleb_mccaig
09-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Whoever wrote this rule is obviously an avid Smirnoff and Mikes Hard drinker.

pirate4state
09-26-2013, 09:20 AM
I heard about this this morning...what a load of crap!