PDA

View Full Version : Bandera vs. La Vernia

LV_Bearfan
09-24-2013, 12:55 PM
What say you? Bandera won this game last year.

Mojo84
09-24-2013, 01:34 PM
I say La Vernia takes this one by 7-10 points.

Papá Oso
09-24-2013, 03:30 PM
LV takes out it's 3rd district 27 team in a row 35-14.

banderafan
09-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Bandera seems to have taken a couple of steps backwards since the Devine game. Penalties and turnovers have been a killer. We've had over 100 yards of penalties in three of our four games, and seven turnovers in the last two. We just didn't look very fired up against Comfort and got pushed around pretty good. LV will be the best team we've played so far, and probably better than anyone from our district. Hope we play hard and show some improvement before district starts. Go Bulldogs!

LV_Bearfan
09-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Didn't see the Wimberley game. Heard that Gill got hurt. What's his status?

bulldog82
09-27-2013, 02:23 AM
I know theres home cooking going on all the time ,but tonight with the 7th and fresh games in la vernia the refs were ridiculous !!! I'm sure tonight will be no different. It would be nice once in awhile for the refs to just stay out of the game and just call whats obvious and leave their personal crap in their pocket !! Luckily none of the kids got hurt on either side of the ball.

LV_Bearfan
09-27-2013, 08:36 AM
So what were the results from last night's games? (I really don't know.)
Did La Vernia's JV do okay against Bandera's home cooking? ;-)

YTBulldogs
09-27-2013, 10:22 AM
Didn't see the Wimberley game. Heard that Gill got hurt. What's his status?

He's out for a couple weeks. Hurt toe.

LV_Bearfan
09-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Thanks YT.

bulldog82
09-27-2013, 03:25 PM
So what were the results from last night's games? (I really don't know.)
Did La Vernia's JV do okay against Bandera's home cooking? ;-)

That's what is so bad we never get any home cooking. there is a ref that's from Bandera but he's our own worst enemy. and the outcome may have been the same , we're in the middle of transition and youll see that tonight , love the new AD and staff ,but it's going to take some time . a lot of confusion and missed assignment along with mental errors. we've had over 100 yards in penalties the last two games that resulted in losses. first game of year as well but played a rebuildimg GW . Devine , we just wanted it that night , home cooking just pissed boys off. hope they can get pissed off tonight.

Papá Oso
09-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Bears slept walk through the first half, fumble twice inside the 3 yard line and then pulled away in 2nd half. 35-10 final

bulldog82
09-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Bears slept walk through the first half, fumble twice inside the 3 yard line and then pulled away in 2nd half. 35-10 final

I wouldn't say bears slept walked thru 1st half, Bandera played well the first half then wheels came off 2nd half .kudos to bear coaches for making adjustments. fumbles inside 3 weren't totally qb errors ,our ng is good at shooting thru centers legs and grabbing ball from qb before he gets out.