PDA

View Full Version : Kick-pass play for a 1st down

YTBulldogs
09-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Never seen this. Better have a accurate punter, huh?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/film-study-rare-look-legal-kick-pass-first-223417840--ncaaf.html

BEAST
09-24-2013, 02:10 PM
WOW! I guess since it didnt go passed the LOS its legal?

BEAST

GrTigers6
09-24-2013, 02:20 PM
WOW! I guess since it didnt go passed the LOS its legal?

BEAST
Yes even though it was very close!

hollywood
09-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Yes even though it was very close!

If this happened in a game you were reffing, would you have caught it? ;) :wave:

Sville
09-24-2013, 03:17 PM
If this happened in a game you were reffing, would you have caught it? ;) :wave:

I would imagine that is a play the coaches would go over with the refs in pre-game. They would tell them, hey this is in our arsenal and this is why it is legal, be prepared in case we decide to run it.

GrTigers6
09-24-2013, 03:23 PM

Well actually I would have because as a head linesman it is my job to watch the line of scrimmage to make sure it crosses or doesn't cross the line before I head down field.

Cam
09-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Well actually I would have because as a head linesman it is my job to watch the line of scrimmage to make sure it crosses or doesn't cross the line before I head down field.

Ohh!...so aren't we the smart one??...GrTigers6 KNOWS the rules!.....No problem....Gr is one badass ref!!...:D

If I were the ref, I would've called multiple fouls on the punter!.....Illegal procedure, unsportsmanlike conduct, and failure to just throw the damn ball to the receiver!......I'd then leave the game quietly, retire, and referee quidditch matches just for fun......cause THAT game I do understand!.......:doh::vrycnfsd:

hollywood
09-24-2013, 03:40 PM

I knew you were on top of the rules GrTigre!! I knew it! ;)

See ya in a couple of weeks?

GrTigers6
09-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Ohh!...so aren't we the smart one??...GrTigers6 KNOWS the rules!.....No problem....Gr is one badass ref!!... Damn Straight:D

1st and goal
09-24-2013, 05:09 PM
Often pissed me off back in the day when Tom Landry had Danny White punting. You'd think they'd take advantage of it. I can't remember EVER seeing a fake punt with Danny White at QB. It may have happened and I just wasn't watching, but I'd be going for it at least 10% of the time with that opportunity.

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Often pissed me off back in the day when Tom Landry had Danny White punting. You'd think they'd take advantage of it. I can't remember EVER seeing a fake punt with Danny White at QB. It may have happened and I just wasn't watching, but I'd be going for it at least 10% of the time with that opportunity.

I guess you do not remember the NO DANNY NO moment..White always had the option to punt..run or pass and one game he tried to run when he should not have and Landry was screaming

and White was a pro bowl punter