PDA

View Full Version : Carthage vs. Whitehouse

oldtownag
09-23-2013, 06:21 PM
#1 in 3A vs. #5 in 4A

buckeyebob
09-23-2013, 06:50 PM
#1 in 3A vs. #5 in 4A

Dogs should be able to do it...we did...Varsity 3TD's - 0 14-0 Game 2 (Qtrs.)

defense51
09-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Carthage facing a big task, but I think they win by 7.

Txbroadcaster
09-23-2013, 07:39 PM

huh?

oldtownag
09-23-2013, 07:57 PM
huh?

Excuse Bob. He is getting old.

Bob the bux did not play whitehouse.

Roughneck93
09-23-2013, 08:02 PM
huh?

Excuse Bob. He is getting old.

Bob the bux did not play whitehouse.

I think he may be referring to their scrimmage with Whitehouse??

Bosqueville
09-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Where is this bring played? Would love to see this matchup.

oldtownag
09-23-2013, 08:38 PM
In Whitehouse.

Ville-D
09-23-2013, 08:40 PM

In a scrimmage? You beat them at practice.

WH by 7

hollywood
09-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Is Whitehouse's QB healthy?

Txbroadcaster
09-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Is Whitehouse's QB healthy?

threw 5 TDs Last week I think against Marshall...hurts me to say that

defense51
09-23-2013, 09:24 PM
In a scrimmage? You beat them at practice.

WH by 7

If the old saying is true that you practice like you play, then...

hollywood
09-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Since WH's QB didn't play in scrimmage against Gilmer, it's hard for me to think they wouldn't have put up a better challenge.

Whitehouse by 10 is my guess.

Since the QB is a gamer and all. ;)

regaleagle
09-23-2013, 11:05 PM
I'm taking Bogie and the Dawgs to represent 3A this week and the Downlowers on here. Go tear em up, Dawgs.

Ville-D
09-24-2013, 12:10 AM
Since WH's QB didn't play in scrimmage against Gilmer, it's hard for me to think they wouldn't have put up a better challenge.

Whitehouse by 10 is my guess.

Since the QB is a gamer and all. ;)

Heard he has thrown 161 passes without an interception.

>–––\/–––<
Re-Ville-D

coach
09-24-2013, 07:09 AM
I got Whitehouse by 14 in this one. Carthage was lucky to excape last week vs nac.

Also an interesting note, Pat Mahomes, Whitehouse's QB, could possibly win District MVP in Football, Basketball, and Baseball. he will most likely me a first team all state in football and baseball.

waterboy
09-24-2013, 07:37 AM
This is a REAL test for Carthage. The Carthage defense is giving up a lot of points, but the offense is scoring a lot of points. Whitehouse looks to be in the same boat. Which team will be able to get the most stops? I'm leaning toward Whitehouse, but wouldn't be surprised either way. The only way I would be surprised is if either team was held under 30 points. I look for at least 40 points by both teams.

bird_fan
09-24-2013, 07:46 AM
Gotta go with the DAWGS on this one they have quite a program going under Surrautt
sorry if im mispelling his name

Dawgs
09-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Should be a great game this week. Honestly it could go either way IMO. Carthage defense is growing up every week, and I promise by the time playoffs roll around they will be a top defense in the state. For those who haven't watched Carthage under Surratt you just can't understand how much better his teams improve in areas that are lacking from game to game. And for those who don't know, and just read box scores; Carthage has always played a bend but don't break style of defense that causes turnovers in big moments. As far as Whitehouse, no team in 3a would be able to stop them. Hopefully our D can step up in big moments, and cause a few turnovers. As always team with the fewest turnovers wins this one. I'm going to say Bogie and The Bulldogs make a statement this game...Carthage by 2.

cowboyandchrist
09-24-2013, 07:02 PM

They were missing five starters and the Q/b when Gilmer scrimmaged Whitehouse, My Dawgs will have their hands full, but I believe they will beat them. Carthage O line will be the difference in this game. The D makes two stops and the Dawgs win.

cowboyandchrist
09-24-2013, 07:07 PM
I got Whitehouse by 14 in this one. Carthage was lucky to excape last week vs nac.

Also an interesting note, Pat Mahomes, Whitehouse's QB, could possibly win District MVP in Football, Basketball, and Baseball. he will most likely me a first team all state in football and baseball.

You must not have been at the game, Nac was very good. Boggie drove the Dawgs the length of the field in less than 25 seconds and scored the winning TD with 20 seconds left in the game. Luck has nothing to do with a great team effort in crunch time.

ccmom
09-24-2013, 08:10 PM
You must not have been at the game, Nac was very good. Boggie drove the Dawgs the length of the field in less than 25 seconds and scored the winning TD with 20 seconds left in the game. Luck has nothing to do with a great team effort in crunch time.

I'm thinking "coach" might know a thing or two about how the game went. Just a hunch...;)

oldtownag
09-24-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm thinking "coach" might know a thing or two about how the game went. Just a hunch...;)

I think "coach" has more credibility than "cowboyandchrist". However, I wouldn't put much stock in either of their analysis.

Try this for info:
http://etsn.fm/interclass-showdown-between-state-ranked-carthage-and-whitehouse-the-etsn-fm-dairy-queen-game-of-the-week/

cowboyandchrist
09-24-2013, 09:07 PM
I think "coach" has more credibility than "cowboyandchrist". However, I wouldn't put much stock in either of their analysis.

Try this for info:
http://etsn.fm/interclass-showdown-between-state-ranked-carthage-and-whitehouse-the-etsn-fm-dairy-queen-game-of-the-week/

Just curious what did I say that does not have credibility, I was at the game were you. Nac is a very good 4A football team and the Dawgs had to play there tails off to win the game. In coach S interview after the game, he told Boggie to get them close enough for a field goal to tie the game up, but Boggie told Coach S that they were going to score. To me that is not luck, that is a team on the same page that refuses to loose. I do not know who you are or why you find it necessary to pass along insults toward me and my support of the Dawgs. I played for the Dawgs back in the day and will always support them. You must not have played for the Dawgs maybe that is your reason I don't know.

coach
09-25-2013, 07:19 AM

Try this for info:

Considering I coach at nac Im sure i have a little homerism. I shouldnt have said luck. We did not play our best game and shot ourselves in the foot multiple times. We missed an xp which we needed badly at the end. Could have kicked a fg to send it into ot instead of being stopped at the 1.

oldtownag
09-25-2013, 11:02 AM
Just curious what did I say that does not have credibility, I was at the game were you. Nac is a very good 4A football team and the Dawgs had to play there tails off to win the game. In coach S interview after the game, he told Boggie to get them close enough for a field goal to tie the game up, but Boggie told Coach S that they were going to score. To me that is not luck, that is a team on the same page that refuses to loose. I do not know who you are or why you find it necessary to pass along insults toward me and my support of the Dawgs. I played for the Dawgs back in the day and will always support them. You must not have played for the Dawgs maybe that is your reason I don't know.

Not a insult at all. I just don't think you are coach would have an unbiased opinion.

P.S. I was at the game. I did play for Carthage (long ago). I know that coach is from Fairfield and coaches at Nac. I have read enough of your post that I know you are a huge homer (not an insult either).

coach
09-25-2013, 12:13 PM
Not a insult at all. I just don't think you are coach would have an unbiased opinion.

P.S. I was at the game. I did play for Carthage (long ago). I know that coach is from Fairfield and coaches at Nac. I have read enough of your post that I know you are a huge homer (not an insult either).

HOMER?!?!?! ok... yea i am lol.... Iwill say I am a huge fan of the bulldogs. I was at all their state games and cheered them on. ANd I was at the game where they beat the "greatest" team ever.....Brownwood. I hope Cartahge wins out. Love their staff and the way they play football.

I just felt like the dragons let one slip away

regaleagle
09-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Will the results of this game tell us anything about Carthage, if they lose to a very quality 4A WH team??? And if Carthage wins @ WH, what does it say about Carthage this season? Or is this game not really a factor in determining anything other than a good matchup between two very good teams? Both teams appear to be very evenly matched.

coach
09-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Will the results of this game tell us anything about Carthage, if they lose to a very quality 4A WH team??? And if Carthage wins @ WH, what does it say about Carthage this season? Or is this game not really a factor in determining anything other than a good matchup between two very good teams? Both teams appear to be very evenly matched.

We already know both teams are really good. I dont care if WH wins by 30, Carthage is going to go a loooonnng way in 3A

hollywood
09-25-2013, 04:28 PM
We already know both teams are really good. I dont care if WH wins by 30, Carthage is going to go a loooonnng way in 3A

They made it to the semi's last year... I'd say that was a loooonnng way in 3A. Let's see if they can get past Navasota, El Campo, Coldspring, La Marque, and for you RGV fans... Port Isabel! :clap:

Ville-D
09-25-2013, 06:03 PM
They made it to the semi's last year... I'd say that was a loooonnng way in 3A. Let's see if they can get past Navasota, El Campo, Coldspring, La Marque, and for you RGV fans... Port Isabel! :clap:

Who is Port Isabel? :spitlol:

oldtownag
09-25-2013, 06:13 PM
HOMER?!?!?! ok... yea i am lol.... Iwill say I am a huge fan of the bulldogs. I was at all their state games and cheered them on. ANd I was at the game where they beat the "greatest" team ever.....Brownwood. I hope Cartahge wins out. Love their staff and the way they play football.

I just felt like the dragons let one slip away

You misunderstood. cowboyandchrist is the one I was calling a homer. Nacogdoches had an excellent team this year. Absolutely, Carthage was lucky to get the win but they earned it. I would venture to say that home field and a winning attitude was the difference. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season and the playoffs (yes you will make the playoffs).

P.S. oldtownag username comes from the 5 years I (Aggie) lived in Nacogdoches.

coach
09-26-2013, 07:15 AM
You misunderstood. cowboyandchrist is the one I was calling a homer. Nacogdoches had an excellent team this year. Absolutely, Carthage was lucky to get the win but they earned it. I would venture to say that home field and a winning attitude was the difference. Good luck to you guys the rest of the season and the playoffs (yes you will make the playoffs).

P.S. oldtownag username comes from the 5 years I (Aggie) lived in Nacogdoches.

My bad. Yea after the game I told our OC the reason we lost was bc of Carthage's recent winning tradition and our recent losing traditon. Sometimes teams just know how to win better than others.

What years did you live in Nac?

oldtownag
09-26-2013, 07:37 AM
My bad. Yea after the game I told our OC the reason we lost was bc of Carthage's recent winning tradition and our recent losing traditon. Sometimes teams just know how to win better than others.

What years did you live in Nac?

2000 - 2005

cowboyandchrist
09-26-2013, 03:39 PM

What you see this coming Friday night has no bearing on what you will see in week one of the playoffs. Win or lose Carthage will be better next week, better the next week and so on. I have witnessed this ever since Coach S arrived. Most teams are as good as they are going to be by week 8 or 9. Look at the Ville last year and look at the Rattlers, they beat every team they played the same way. They were just as good in week 8 as they were in week 16. Carthage gets better every game they play. I don't know how he does it, I have scratched my head now for going seven years. I may be wrong, but it appears Coach S works on weaknesses as they unfold during a game in non district play. It almost like they try to win, but it is not as important as it is to fix the weakness. District starts and they are twice as good as they were in non district. The playoff start and a different team takes the field than what you saw in district play. It is the same from playoff game to the next. Will this years Dawgs win the state championship, I do not know. Do I believe the Dawgs will win it all yes I do.

coach
09-26-2013, 04:07 PM
What you see this coming Friday night has no bearing on what you will see in week one of the playoffs. Win or lose Carthage will be better next week, better the next week and so on. I have witnessed this ever since Coach S arrived. Most teams are as good as they are going to be by week 8 or 9. Look at the Ville last year and look at the Rattlers, they beat every team they played the same way. They were just as good in week 8 as they were in week 16. Carthage gets better every game they play. I don't know how he does it, I have scratched my head now for going seven years. I may be wrong, but it appears Coach S works on weaknesses as they unfold during a game in non district play. It almost like they try to win, but it is not as important as it is to fix the weakness. District starts and they are twice as good as they were in non district. The playoff start and a different team takes the field than what you saw in district play. It is the same from playoff game to the next. Will this years Dawgs win the state championship, I do not know. Do I believe the Dawgs will win it all yes I do.

A couple of years ago nc beat carthage and I thougt Carthage wasnt any good. However, carthage went on to win it all...

Carthage is a Championship team because the continue to get better every week.

Dawgs
09-27-2013, 08:53 PM
Halftime Carthage up 25-20. Carthage jumps out to 15-0 lead, but WH battles back. Carthage has turned the ball over twice, once from the WH 8 yard line. Bulldogs growing up on defense. Secondary is legit. Good play by both teams. Carthage recieves the ball to start the second half. Should come down to the wire. Game in WH, so The Bulldogs need to make a statement on the opening drive of second half, and put a little pressure on WH with a 2 score ballgame. Great game so far; definitely living up to the hype.

Dawgs
09-27-2013, 09:30 PM
Carthage up 39-20. 9:00 left in 3rd QT.

Dawgs
09-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Carthage up 39-20. 9:00 left in 3rd QT.

WH answers 39-27.

Dawgs
09-27-2013, 09:40 PM
WH answers 39-27.

WH 2 quick scores. 39-34 6:38 left in the 3rd. We got a ballgame on our hands!

Dawgs
09-27-2013, 09:46 PM
WH 2 quick scores. 39-34 6:38 left in the 3rd. We got a ballgame on our hands!

Carthage tries fake punt from own 31. WH scores 3 plays later. WH up 41 - 39. 5:00 left in 3rd QT. Carthage better bow their neck.

Dawgs
09-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Carthage tries fake punt from own 31. WH scores 3 plays later. WH up 41 - 39. 5:00 left in 3rd QT. Carthage better bow their neck.

WH up 42-39...2 point conversion.

Dawgs
09-27-2013, 10:09 PM
WH up 42-39...2 point conversion.

Carthage QB throws interception. WH scores. WH leads 49-39. Carthage defense wore out. Could get ugly. Mahomes 7 TD passes. Kid is legit. Come'on Dawgs.

hollywood
09-27-2013, 10:11 PM
And buckeyebob thought a QB couldn't make a difference. Lol Come on bob! You knew better than that.

Dawgs
09-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Carthage QB throws interception. WH scores. WH leads 49-39. Carthage defense wore out. Could get ugly. Mahomes 7 TD passes. Kid is legit. Come'on Dawgs.

WH up 56 - 39 with 4 minutes left in the 4th QT. Carthage just couldn't keep up with WH. WH has a good team this year, hopefully they can put together a run in 4a for ETX. Carthage can hold their head high after this game, good effort, but in the end WH just too much. Got some things to work on, so lets keep getting better Dawgs.

WH up 56 - 39 with 4 minutes left in the 4th QT. Carthage just couldn't keep up with WH. WH has a good team this year, hopefully they can put together a run in 4a for ETX. Carthage can hold their head high after this game, good effort, but in the end WH just too much. Got some things to work on, so lets keep getting better Dawgs.

I guarantee they ain't better than Aledo. Good job tonight sounds like Carthage gave it hell

hollywood
09-27-2013, 11:00 PM
This would have been a great game to watch.

hollywood
09-27-2013, 11:00 PM
I guarantee they ain't better than Aledo. Good job tonight sounds like Carthage gave it hell

If Aledo gets beat this season, I will be shocked. Best team I've seen in a while... Period!