PDA

View Full Version : Astros-Rangers game series

Scoop27
09-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Will finally get to watch the Astros since they are playing the Rangers on the road-Otherwise would not see them down here in Hungerford.
Will Rangers sweep or will Astros take one?

Deuce
09-23-2013, 04:32 PM
If Rangers don't sweep, they are pretty much done. Be tough to sweep Angels as well as they are playing. Need to go 6-1 this week.

Saggy Aggie
09-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Nothing I'd love more than for the Astros to win, but y'all will probably get a good dose of the worst bullpen in ML history.... :(

coach
09-24-2013, 07:12 AM
Nothing I'd love more than for the Astros to win, but y'all will probably get a good dose of the worst bullpen in ML history.... :(

one of the worst teams in history. no offensive talent what so ever.

D'Highlander
09-24-2013, 09:11 AM
I saw a tweet this morning where the Rangers are 15-2 this year against the Astros and 70-69 against everyone else... Just imagine if the Astros had not moved to the AL West this year... :doh:

Saggy Aggie
09-24-2013, 09:25 AM
one of the worst teams in history. no offensive talent what so ever.

Villar, Castro and Altuve. Dominguez is kinda meh... But he's not bad for a 2nd year guy at all. Offensive talent is knocking on the door though. I'm not concerned

caleb_mccaig
09-24-2013, 10:28 AM
I don't think anyone in the front office is concerned when they're making $99 mil in operating income, which is nearly as much as the estimated operating income of the past six World Series' Champions combined. Just the most profitable team in MLB history for one season.

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2013, 10:42 AM
I don't think anyone in the front office is concerned when they're making $99 mil in operating income, which is nearly as much as the estimated operating income of the past six World Series' Champions combined. Just the most profitable team in MLB history for one season.

honestly I think that is bs...they have crap attendance and yes they have a low payroll but someone needs to show me where this money is coming from

Roughneck93
09-24-2013, 10:56 AM

http://www.shermanreport.com/forbes-writer-refutes-previous-forbes-report-about-soaring-profits-for-houston-astros/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2013/08/29/erroneous-story-claiming-houston-astros-most-profitable-ever-a-massive-strikeout/

Saggy Aggie
09-24-2013, 11:08 AM

Idk how many times I have to say it, BUT...

The Astros organization refuted that article and even Forbes retracted it... Both saying it 'grossly inaccurate'....

Saggy Aggie
09-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Dp...

GrTigers6
09-24-2013, 11:54 AM
I saw a tweet this morning where the Rangers are 15-2 this year against the Astros and 70-69 against everyone else... Just imagine if the Astros had not moved to the AL West this year... :doh:Yeah but what are their stats against the A's I bet they rolled over them too. Everyone in the division played the same teams the same amount of times.

GrTigers6
09-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Anyone going to the game tonight. I will be there for the first time this year

caleb_mccaig
09-24-2013, 11:55 AM
lol well then. I was unaware it was retracted.

coach
09-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Villar, Castro and Altuve. Dominguez is kinda meh... But he's not bad for a 2nd year guy at all. Offensive talent is knocking on the door though. I'm not concerned

They are the 2nd worst offense in the league....

SintonFan_inAustin
09-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Tampa Bay fans upset the Rangers are playing the Astros, they're claiming the Astros are throwing the games against the Rangers lol. Astros have good starting pitching but rest of the team is not major league material so it's not that they're losing in purpose.

Come on YANKEES!!! TWINS! WHITESOXS! and BLUEJAYS!!!

1st and goal
09-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Astros Break Another Record: A 0.0 TV Rating

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/09/24/astros-break-another-record-a-0-0-tv-rating/

sad, just sad. They recently had Hispanic week or something like that. Apparently, it didn't pull them out of the doldrums.

Saggy Aggie
09-24-2013, 03:58 PM
They are the 2nd worst offense in the league....

Yeah I didn't say the lineup was good. I pointed out 3 solid hitters and 1 meh guy out of 9.... That'll get you 2nd quest everytime. I was simply saying there's a decent foundation and several top prospects right on the verge of ML ready, so the lineup isn't that far away from being respectable.

coach
09-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Yeah I didn't say the lineup was good. I pointed out 3 solid hitters and 1 meh guy out of 9.... That'll get you 2nd quest everytime. I was simply saying there's a decent foundation and several top prospects right on the verge of ML ready, so the lineup isn't that far away from being respectable.

About to break the alltime record in strileouts isnt knocking on the door. The Astros have at least 2 more season of sellar dwellars before making some noise.