PDA

View Full Version : Graham (4-0) Vs Springtown (1-3)

Rattler
09-23-2013, 07:32 AM
This was a good game last year.. Who wins this one!!

Football Junky
09-23-2013, 07:55 AM
Graham should win this one easy.

Football Junky
09-23-2013, 08:04 AM
Can someone please tell me why the Graham coaching staff left the starters in on Friday when we had that game won at halftime. I can see letting the starter play one series after halftime. It just seem to me like an unnecessary risk when you are playing a team like Breckenridge

ccmom
09-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Can someone please tell me why the Graham coaching staff left the starters in on Friday when we had that game won at halftime. I can see letting the starter play one series after halftime. It just seem to me like an unnecessary risk when you are playing a team like Breckenridge

I am obviously not from Graham, nor am I a coach but this subject seems to be one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations. When coaches keep the starters in, people will say they shouldn't because of the risk of injury. If coaches pull the starters early in multiple games, then people will say that they are risking the possibility that the starters won't be conditioned to play 4 quarters when they need them to. I think both are valid arguements. Just gotta trust your coaching staff to do what is right for the team and for the season.

Oh and I think Graham wins this one with ease.

hollywood
09-23-2013, 09:31 AM
I am obviously not from Graham, nor am I a coach but this subject seems to be one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations. When coaches keep the starters in, people will say they shouldn't because of the risk of injury. If coaches pull the starters early in multiple games, then people will say that they are risking the possibility that the starters won't be conditioned to play 4 quarters when they need them to. I think both are valid arguements. Just gotta trust your coaching staff to do what is right for the team and for the season.

Oh and I think Graham wins this one with ease.

I agree with mom.. on both!

On the poll... I'm not going to say Graham will win by 30 nor will it be a close one.

Graham by 28

Ragin Red
09-23-2013, 10:23 AM
I agree with mom.. on both!

On the poll... I'm not going to say Graham will win by 30 nor will it be a close one.

Graham by 28
Same here I agree with mom, but had to choose one so I went with 30+

Eagle11
09-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Because he likes to win big. That's it nothing else. he likes to be beat down other schools and other coaches

Deuce
09-24-2013, 10:15 AM
Because he likes to win big. That's it nothing else. he likes to be beat down other schools and other coaches

Cry me a river! FYI, majority of starters haven't even played the 4th quarter of any games except against Wylie.

ccmom
09-24-2013, 10:17 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh yes, I'm sure that's it.

Ville-D
09-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Funny. There was a poll like this last year for Stephenville vs some slappy and posters called us arrogant.

Graham by whatever

hollywood
09-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Cases of 3A envy Ville-D... that's all. :evilgrin:

#1 TEXAN
09-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Funny. There was a poll like this last year for Stephenville vs some slappy and posters called us arrogant.

Graham by whatever

It's not arrogant if you do it if ya don't then you might hear something about it..

Slick50
09-25-2013, 08:35 AM
Graham by 21, our Oline needs to pick it up a notch.

Ragin Red
09-25-2013, 08:46 AM

Well do you like to lose, winning sure beats losing any day of the week. And no he's not one to run scores up to impress the voters for polls. Your still upset over the scrimmage aren't you.

jason
09-25-2013, 08:50 AM
my wife is from springtown so i will be nice - graham in a "close one"

Slick50
09-25-2013, 08:56 AM

Eagle are you still upset about this??? http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/sad/crying-and-sniffling.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af273/chreese2/Roll-With-the-Punches_zpsd2c5b97f.jpg (http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/chreese2/media/Roll-With-the-Punches_zpsd2c5b97f.jpg.html)

Steer81
09-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Big deal if a team wins big. The only teams that complain about winning big are the teams that get whipped! When someone says a 1 point win is just as good as 40 pt win is full of it. 1 point win raises to many questions. 40 win. Cased closed!!!

Steer81
09-26-2013, 04:37 PM

One of the dumbest things said on this site!

Themishman
09-26-2013, 07:35 PM
I agree an my son is on the offensive line. But another easy week. Mishmash calling it now Steers 40 Springtown 7

Rattler
09-27-2013, 07:42 AM
With a few starters out with injuries, I think Springtown will give us a more challenging game. And it being Springtown's Homecoming....Graham by 27+

Grahamerica
09-27-2013, 09:33 AM
You guys might want to check the injury report before you start making these big predictions. Graham should still come out on top but it may be a lot closer than you think.

Deuce
09-27-2013, 09:59 AM
You guys might want to check the injury report before you start making these big predictions. Graham should still come out on top but it may be a lot closer than you think.

I agree, this game could be a little closer than some expect due to injuries. I think the o-line will need to step it up and help get a solid rushing effort.

hollywood
09-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Springtown can play 7 on 7 pretty decently. Not sure about real football. Go get 'em Steers!!

Steer81
09-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Has anyone looked and noticed the POJO Def has give up 483 yards a game, 212 rushing and 271 passing. Giving up 30 points a game. Coming in at 1-3! Steers def has allowed 166 yards a game and giving up 9 pts. I think the Steers cruise by in a hurry on this one.

Themishman
09-27-2013, 01:51 PM
I agree...

Inmateboss
09-27-2013, 03:55 PM
With a few starters out with injuries, I think Springtown will give us a more challenging game. And it being Springtown's Homecoming....Graham by 27+

Yep I think your right on target!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - inmateboss

Rattler
09-28-2013, 07:09 AM
49-14. Graham. #1 receiver did not suit up, and 2 others starters played about 1/2 their normal reps.. game was over at halftime (41-7). Good win Steers!!

Rattler
09-28-2013, 07:16 AM
Steers sprint past Porcupines

By Zach Duncan
Posted September 28, 2013 at 1:44 a.m.

SPRINGTOWN — Graham hadn’t trailed this season before the first quarter Friday night when Springtown methodically drove 73 yards for a touchdown.

The Steers responded like any really good team should. They scored quickly, kept up the pressure and rattled off 42 consecutive points in the first half en route to a 49-14 thumping.

It was big play after big play for the No. 6 team in Class 3A. Dillon Gonzales touched the ball 16 times for 303 total yards, scoring on a 73-yard catch and a 70-yard run that ended the starters’ night early in the third quarter.

Quarterback Ben Davis is better known for his arm, but the senior showed off some nice moves with his feet, rushing for 103 yards and three TDs.

Davis, who also passed for 205 yards and two touchdowns, said the Porcupines’ quick score to begin the game didn’t faze the offense.

“It’s kind of a motivator I think, especially if our defense gets driven on,” Davis said. “You go out there and make plays and go score — that’s what we do.”

Even without starting receiver Bryce Reeves (concussion), the Steers had almost all the answers against the Porcupines (1-4).

Perhaps the most impressive drive was a 97-yard spurt with less than two minutes remaining in the half after the defense made a stand. Gonzales started it off with a 49-yard burst and Davis finished it with a 6-yard bullet to Derek Sides in the end zone.

“It was a great feeling because last week, we didn’t really struggle, but we didn’t reach our peek that we’re expected to,” said Gonzales, who rushed for 182 yards and caught three passes for 121 yards. “This week we really got after it in practice, and it showed tonight.”

Graham scored on all but one of its six first-half possessions, racking up 400 yards on only 33 plays. Davis tied the score on a nifty 50-yard run, and then the Steers’ defense came through with one of its patented defensive TDs.

After completing 9 of his first 10 passes, Landry Turner’s 11th throw was snatched out of the air by Nick Martin, who scampered 68 yards for a touchdown and 14-7 lead.

“It’s one of the things we pride ourselves in,” Graham coach Kenny Davidson said of the defensive touchdowns. “Their quarterback is the best quarterback we’ve seen. He’s a tough kid, his arm is good. So we knew they were going to be good.”

Mikey Freeze picked off Turner’s next attempt on a deflection, setting up a short field. Davis scored from 3 yards out 41 seconds after Martin’s touchdown.

It was Gonzales who finished off the first-quarter scoring blitz with a 73-yard reception when he came in motion out of the backfield and found a seam.

Davis then scored on the Steers’ next drive on an 8-yard run. With Springtown paying extra attention to the Steers’ receivers, the quarterback was able to find some running room.

“They give up the quarterback run, so I’m going to take it if they’re going to give it to me,” Davis said. “You have to make them pay for that so they give up other stuff.”

Davis, who threw two interceptions in Springtown territory, did acknowledge the Steers aren’t quite where they need to be.

But the defense turned in another strong effort. After Ryan Snow’s 6-yard TD run on the opening drive, the Porcupines didn’t score again until Josh White’s 63-yard fumble return in the fourth quarter.

The Steers (5-0) will host Bridgeport (0-5) next week before opening District 5-3A at Vernon.

Graham 49, Springtown 14

Rattler
09-29-2013, 11:12 PM
Graham Vs Springtown.

http://youtu.be/K8moth-y99U

Rattler
09-30-2013, 04:57 PM
In the end we all still come together...
http://bray.smugmug.com/Graham-High-School-Sports/Graham-High-School-Sports-2013/Graham-Steer-Football-20132014/GHS-vs-Springtown-9-27-13/i-N7fgssz/0/L/IMG_1933-L.jpg