PDA

View Full Version : Liberty hill @ wimberley

LHPfactory
09-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Alright lets get it started. I know LH is on a roll and ironing out the Offense, and Wimberley has had a rough couple of weeks, but this game is in Texan stadium and is usually a good one.

My Panthers got a good dose of a very athletic spread against Rockdale, This was good practice for the D and I think they will be ready to deal with the Texans. I know the Offense and how the plays set up, however, I actually lost the ball a few times last night, so we are getting closer to the "PURPLE BLUR".....

I was hoping for WT to be undefeated at this point, but it is what it is....

First things first, I will be watching my 9th and 7th graders play, how are these WT teams looking this season?

LHexPlayer
09-21-2013, 09:40 PM
I actually lost the ball a few times last night, so we are getting closer to the "PURPLE BLUR".....

I agree. Haven't lost the ball since 2007 but did twice last Friday.

panfan
09-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Alright lets get it started. I know LH is on a roll and ironing out the Offense, and Wimberley has had a rough couple of weeks, but this game is in Texan stadium and is usually a good one.

My Panthers got a good dose of a very athletic spread against Rockdale, This was good practice for the D and I think they will be ready to deal with the Texans. I know the Offense and how the plays set up, however, I actually lost the ball a few times last night, so we are getting closer to the "PURPLE BLUR".....

I was hoping for WT to be undefeated at this point, but it is what it is....

First things first, I will be watching my 9th and 7th graders play, how are these WT teams looking this season?

Wimberley is struggling to find its identity, as noted by many Wimberley posters since the year began. This, none the less does not remove the threat they pose. We play the Texans at home, and they will play hard. I don't recall what the record is between LH and Texans in terms of this somewhat long term rivalry, but I'm guessing last year's loss will be brought up as a reminder to Texans not to let it happen again and not in their house. Our defense is going to have to step up on these passing teams. We are giving them ten in hopes they don't beat us deep. Rockdale beat us deep anyway, so lets take away the ten and cover those receivers closer. Turn those linebackers loose for some occasional blitzes. I'm still impressed with our defesive play - despite giving up 28 in this last game, which all I think came off of big passes. Offense will grind it out - Did it last week against some big ol boys to the tune of 49 points all on the ground. Texans better strap on their jocks cause if they don't, LH O will pound it down their throats.

Rivalry status of thei game will keep it close, but I'm predicting LH by a TD (and I'm still hoping for that field goal)..

Snotbubbles
09-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Should be very, very close. Neither playing the caliber of ball we remember from these great football towns currently.

WT 31
LH 28

panfan
09-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Should be very, very close. Neither playing the caliber of ball we remember from these great football towns currently.

WT 31
LH 28

Hey snot, thanks for rivalry status.

rb585
09-22-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm gonna be optimistic for a change and predict that the coaches get the kids' ears after last week and get them playing well again.

And I almost hate to say this, but I'm not sure our kids still consider this a rivalry game.

panfan
09-22-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm gonna be optimistic for a change and predict that the coaches get the kids' ears after last week and get them playing well again.

And I almost hate to say this, but I'm not sure our kids still consider this a rivalry game.
Almost 60 games played and not a rivalry?

LHPfactory
09-22-2013, 06:20 PM

Well, there goes your only hope of a win WT..... :stirpot::stirpot:

Gone Fishing
09-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Oh, its a rivalry!!!! My kids hated LH. just saying... Hated their stadium (glad for yall to get a new one and can't wait to see it ) and the players, cheerleaders, band and everything else about it, including the parking. (maybe that was me lol) It is a RIVALRY, I promise you.........and I hope it continues , but LH will be 4A way before Wimberley.

jackofalltrades
09-22-2013, 09:03 PM
i see this as a bounce back game. these boys have game and they are upset about the La Vernia game. this may be when all phases of the game come together. healing up.

ogg
09-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Hope WT wins so there will be a rivalry going forward, kinda lop sided in the Hills favor right now. Last WT win was that boat race in 06.

panfan
09-23-2013, 06:54 AM
Oh, its a rivalry!!!! My kids hated LH. just saying... Hated their stadium (glad for yall to get a new one and can't wait to see it ) and the players, cheerleaders, band and everything else about it, including the parking. (maybe that was me lol) It is a RIVALRY, I promise you.........and I hope it continues , but LH will be 4A way before Wimberley.

We all will be 4a next year, but I know what you mean. Our numbers are not as high as most think. Out of our 6 team district, we are still the 5th in terms of enrollment, with numbers only higher than Llano. Glad to hear there is a mutual dislike!!! :taunt:

Too bad ya'll aren't heading this way - you might appreciate the new digs.

rb585
09-23-2013, 07:49 AM
Almost 60 games played and not a rivalry?

lolwut? 60 games?

panfan
09-23-2013, 08:14 AM
lolwut? 60 games?

I was wondering when someone was going to catch that:clap:
Just seeing if anyone is paying attention here. None the less, still a rivalry in my book.

hollywood
09-23-2013, 09:35 AM
Wimberley 28
Liberty Hill 21

LHdog
09-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Don't be surprised that all questionable calls go the Texans way. Wimberley is notorious for homer calls by their refs.

ogg
09-23-2013, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=LHdog;1764105]Don't be surprised that all questionable calls go the Texans way. Wimberley is notorious for homer calls by their refs.[/

We compensate them per yard penalized against opposing teams and called back TD get a bonus. ;)

panfan
09-23-2013, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=LHdog;1764105]Don't be surprised that all questionable calls go the Texans way. Wimberley is notorious for homer calls by their refs.[/

We compensate them per yard penalized against opposing teams and called back TD get a bonus. ;)

Damn, just like Burnet does. I knew something fishy was going on. :D

Gone Fishing
09-23-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm sure Nelm's paid the guys well, I'm just so worried now that we don't have the fund's. Got to build a new field house, extra seating and new press box and all. But with that said as long as their not SA refs we might still have a chance.

hookandladder
09-23-2013, 07:37 PM
I see this game as a toss up , two very average teams going at it. I will take Wimberley by a TD.

catfish
09-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Don't be surprised that all questionable calls go the Texans way. Wimberley is notorious for homer calls by their refs.
What A CROCK! I thought we went over this last year.

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2013, 09:02 PM
What A CROCK! I thought we went over this last year.

And the year before last...and the year before that...and, well you get the picture. :devil: Where's wimpy, anyway? :evillol:

Tejastrue
09-23-2013, 10:32 PM
I see this game as a toss up , two very average teams going at it. I will take Wimberley by a TD.

I will never understand comments like this..especially from a team that has not been a factor for over ten years. Maybe you and Snotbubbles should Hook... up. lol Oh yeah..Thanks for picking Wimberley.

LV_Bearfan
09-23-2013, 11:17 PM
I'll take Wimberley by a whisker....27-25.

panfan
09-24-2013, 07:25 AM
I will never understand comments like this..especially from a team that has not been a factor for over ten years. Maybe you and Snotbubbles should Hook... up. lol Oh yeah..Thanks for picking Wimberley.

Just jealous that's all.

panfan
09-24-2013, 07:47 AM
LH is ready to roll. A very physical Rockdale team was just the ticket in terms of warms ups for this game. Hey Wimberley folks, where's a good eatin, down home cooking joint there so we can arrive early and spend some dollars locally. Its only fair given that we are leaving with W !!!! :stirpot:

hookandladder
09-24-2013, 08:21 AM

You may want to do your homework better, 4 years ago Semi Finalist. Don't get all bent out of shape if everyone does not think you are great each year, average is not saying you are terrible just not what you have been. Yes , I think you pull a victory out.

hookandladder
09-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Just jealous that's all.

Jealous of what, do not bring up years past. La Grange can hold their own in any sport with LH.

panfan
09-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Jealous of what, do not bring up years past. La Grange can hold their own in any sport with LH.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, Just giving you crap.

hookandladder
09-24-2013, 08:57 AM
Don't get your panties in a bunch, Just giving you crap.

No panties, freeballing.

Snotbubbles
09-24-2013, 09:57 AM

Why can't you take the truth on your teams eval, from an outsiders look? Nothing wrong being average. You seriously think your above average? Then, you have blinders on. Neither team here is close to the teams of the past from their towns. Nothing wrong being a homer either. But, don't ask of thoughts on a game, then jump all over those posting their thoughts on the game/team.

This will be a very close game.

YTBulldogs
09-24-2013, 10:02 AM
I see a few OT's in this one. Should be a very exciting game.

Wimberley 42
LH 41

4/OT's

Tejastrue
09-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Why can't you take the truth on your teams eval, from an outsiders look? Nothing wrong being average. You seriously think your above average? Then, you have blinders on. Neither team here is close to the teams of the past from their towns. Nothing wrong being a homer either. But, don't ask of thoughts on a game, then jump all over those posting their thoughts on the game/team.

It's called supporting a team and I have never gone out of my way to drive home an opinion about another team being average or not very good. There is not a Wimberley poster here trying to compare this team to years past. The team is working hard to find their own identity and I'll be right there showing support and giving encouragement regardless if they win or lose. There is a lot of pride here in Wimberley and people want to constantly challenge that pride. Just expect a rebuttal anytime this happens. I believe this team is better than they have shown thus far..we shall see.

rb585
09-24-2013, 11:10 AM
You may want to do your homework better, 4 years ago Semi Finalist.

Jeez, I had forgotten about that. That was the year that UIL moved Wimberley to Region 1 and made Region 4 a cakewalk.

hookandladder
09-24-2013, 11:23 AM
Jeez, I had forgotten about that. That was the year that UIL moved Wimberley to Region 1 and made Region 4 a cakewalk.

You a fool if you think Region 4 is not a cakewalk just about every year in football, very few solid teams in Region 4 year in and year out. Even in Volleyball , Region 4 is a cakewalk to State.The truth sometimes hurts, just the way it is.

panfan
09-24-2013, 11:26 AM
I see a few OT's in this one. Should be a very exciting game.

Wimberley 42
LH 41

4/OT's

I think you got a lot right here except the outcome - that would be LH 42, Wimb 41. :D

YTBulldogs
09-24-2013, 11:45 AM
I think you got a lot right here except the outcome - that would be LH 42, Wimb 41. :D

Very well could be panfan. I would not be surprised either way. I went with HFA.

rb585
09-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Very well could be panfan. I would not be surprised either way. I went with HFA.

Don't forget our refs!

LHPfactory
09-24-2013, 12:52 PM

Yeah, pretty close but slightly above LaGrange in that scrimmage a few weeks back.......

panfan
09-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Don't forget our refs!

HFA and those pesky homer refs. We are toast. :bigcry:

panfan
09-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Yeah, pretty close but slightly above LaGrange in that scrimmage a few weeks back.......

Factory - where the hell you been,

hookandladder
09-24-2013, 01:04 PM

That funny right there, factory.

Cam
09-24-2013, 04:12 PM
I cain't make up my mind on this one!.....only seen Wimperley in person and a little video on the Barney's.......Wim at home...big RB,....Wim QB gonna air it out......Can O-line gel?........The Hill gonna do their "Where's Waldo" impersonation with the ball...will their DB's stop the big plays?....will they get to Wim's QB?....will Vance throw tantrums at the refs like he always does and intimidate them?......and will panfan wear his purple boxers??.......Man, I'm gonna have to sleep on it........:vrycnfsd:

LHPfactory
09-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Factory - where the hell you been,

Busier than a cat covering crap.

LHPfactory
09-24-2013, 04:17 PM
I cain't make up my mind on this one!.....only seen Wimperley in person and a little video on the Barney's.......Wim at home...big RB,....Wim QB gonna air it out......Can O-line gel?........The Hill gonna do their "Where's Waldo" impersonation with the ball...will their DB's stop the big plays?....will they get to Wim's QB?....will Vance throw tantrums at the refs like he always does and intimidate them?......and will panfan wear his purple boxers??.......Man, I'm gonna have to sleep on it........:vrycnfsd:

Man one cat is covering it and another dragged it in..... :)

hookandladder
09-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Busier than a cat covering crap.

You keep on putting your marbles in a scrimmage game , lets see how far that gets you.

LHPfactory
09-24-2013, 07:29 PM

Where do you see me putting marbles in a scrimmage game? I put my own quote up there to be sure I didn't say something I didn't mean.... Just stating the obvious, you called a couple teams average, one of which LaGrange Scrimmaged and performed slightly less impressive than. I have watched that particular team from the scrimmages up to now and can say that I have observed continual improvement, which I expect from LaGrange as well. I know what it takes to get a Slot-T ironed out and running smooth, to the point where everything speeds up and the ball disappears... LH is getting there.

Do you feel that you have arrived because the Leps put a bunch of points on a 4A Marble Falls.... You do know that MF has no Defense. The only time they have been able to win over the past few years is if they out score their opponent in high scoring games. Don't know if its the case but I suspect this has you riding very high to make such comments.....

So I pose this question to you, do you believe only LaGrange has improved?
No Marbles in the scrimmage basket, just getting better and better each week, just as I suspect LaGrange has, don't get inflated on the MF game, its not a good Judge of where any team is. Smithville beat them last year and came into LH undefeated, you know how that ended......

Burnet and MF are rivals, and oh yeah , 100+ scored in that game...

Just my simple football assessment, no marbles, just BALL bearings..... :evillol:

LHPfactory
09-24-2013, 08:10 PM
AND No I am not Marble Falls bashing, the Mustangs have half of the equation, now they will need to develop a VERY STRONG DEFENSE if they want to compete. Its a factual observation, Their offense is putting it up, now its time to build the other half of the program.
I suspect that is where they will be focusing soon..... I wish The MF Mustangs good luck in this as well.

ogg
09-24-2013, 08:24 PM

actually, if you think "nothing wrong being average", , , YOU have blinders on. I can think of alot wrong with being just average.

hookandladder
09-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Where do you see me putting marbles in a scrimmage game? I put my own quote up there to be sure I didn't say something I didn't mean.... Just stating the obvious, you called a couple teams average, one of which LaGrange Scrimmaged and performed slightly less impressive than. I have watched that particular team from the scrimmages up to now and can say that I have observed continual improvement, which I expect from LaGrange as well. I know what it takes to get a Slot-T ironed out and running smooth, to the point where everything speeds up and the ball disappears... LH is getting there.

Do you feel that you have arrived because the Leps put a bunch of points on a 4A Marble Falls.... You do know that MF has no Defense. The only time they have been able to win over the past few years is if they out score their opponent in high scoring games. Don't know if its the case but I suspect this has you riding very high to make such comments.....

So I pose this question to you, do you believe only LaGrange has improved?
No Marbles in the scrimmage basket, just getting better and better each week, just as I suspect LaGrange has, don't get inflated on the MF game, its not a good Judge of where any team is. Smithville beat them last year and came into LH undefeated, you know how that ended......

Burnet and MF are rivals, and oh yeah , 100+ scored in that game...

Just my simple football assessment, no marbles, just BALL bearings..... :evillol:

Please explain your comment of what you meant , busier then a cat covering up crap. You lost me on that comment, makes no sense.

LHPfactory
09-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Please explain your comment of what you meant , busier then a cat covering up crap. You lost me on that comment, makes no sense.

I was answering Panfan when he asked where have I been.....

Have you ever witnessed a cat covering crap? Its a saying my grandmother used to use to describe someone who is very busy and hustling..... Ive been busy, I have 4 boys all playing football on different teams, im involved in the youth association and league up to my eyeballs, working 70 hours per week at work, etc, etc....

ie: like grandma used to say, "Im busier than a cat covering crap"

Cam
09-24-2013, 09:14 PM

well...I can't speak for LHP.....but I think he was just answering a simple question from ol' panfan.....:vrycnfsd:.......

Cam
09-24-2013, 09:17 PM
my cat's so lazy he don't even cover his crap no more!!!.......guess he knows I'm a Bulldog fan!

Hey LHP, how are your boys doin?

LHPfactory
09-24-2013, 09:28 PM
my cat's so lazy he don't even cover his crap no more!!!.......guess he knows I'm a Bulldog fan!

Hey LHP, how are your boys doin?

Good, My second grader is in his first year, I can see the light coming on.

My 5th grader is doing good, I am coaching his team, 3-0 with no points given up this season.

My 7th Grader is doing great, they are 2-0 on LH purple.

My 9th Grader is doing great, the LH frosh are 3-1 with a close loss to Killeen.

Good year in LH football across the board, so far....

How bout your boy?, How are the 8th grade Dawgs doing?

jackofalltrades
09-24-2013, 09:32 PM
It's called supporting a team and I have never gone out of my way to drive home an opinion about another team being average or not very good. There is not a Wimberley poster here trying to compare this team to years past. The team is working hard to find their own identity and I'll be right there showing support and giving encouragement regardless if they win or lose. There is a lot of pride here in Wimberley and people want to constantly challenge that pride. Just expect a rebuttal anytime this happens. I believe this team is better than they have shown thus far..we shall see.
good call TT.

Cam
09-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Good, My second grader is in his first year, I can see the light coming on.

My 5th grader is doing good, I am coaching his team, 3-0 with no points given up this season.

My 7th Grader is doing great, they are 2-0 on LH purple.

My 9th Grader is doing great, the LH frosh are 3-1 with a close loss to Killeen.

Good year in LH football across the board, so far....

How bout your boy?, How are the 8th grade Dawgs doing?

They're 1-1.....Beat Marble Falls 21-0 then Canyon Lake returned the favor last week, 33-0!...:doh:.......

LHPfactory
09-24-2013, 10:04 PM
1 more game to work it out before district and we will see you in October.

I will be in Burnet that Thursday and you will be sitting in our new LH stadium....

Cam
09-24-2013, 10:11 PM
1 more game to work it out before district and we will see you in October.

I will be in Burnet that Thursday and you will be sitting in our new LH stadium....

Will the middle school games be played in new stadium??....that's cool!......Against Marble, we had to go to the old stadium.....:vrycnfsd:

LHPfactory
09-24-2013, 10:28 PM
Will the middle school games be played in new stadium??....that's cool!......Against Marble, we had to go to the old stadium.....:vrycnfsd:

Yes, 7th n 8th both played there last week.

7th n 9th are paired so both my boys will Beat Wimberley there this Thursday. ... :)

panfan
09-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Well then, now that we got all that cleared up....Just in case its not clear. Panfan (me ) asked where the hell you been? Factory answered - busy. Hook - thought it was a dig on the Leps. Cam came in an confused us all with more crap (as usual), Factory pointed this out. Hook said what do you mean. Cam and factory then went off on a tangent about football (go figure and good luck to all the boys involved by the way). AND panfan (me again) came in to summarize. I think that covers it. Carry on.

YTBulldogs
09-24-2013, 11:55 PM
Well then, now that we got all that cleared up....Just in case its not clear. Panfan (me ) asked where the hell you been? Factory answered - busy. Hook - thought it was a dig on the Leps. Cam came in an confused us all with more crap (as usual), Factory pointed this out. Hook said what do you mean. Cam and factory then went off on a tangent about football (go figure and good luck to all the boys involved by the way). AND panfan (me again) came in to summarize. I think that covers it. Carry on.

LOL. Good one panfan (that's you).

hookandladder
09-25-2013, 06:12 AM

This tread got a little confusing , now I see. It's all good, still feel like most this will be a very close and exciting game.

panfan
09-25-2013, 06:37 AM
This tread got a little confusing , now I see. It's all good, still feel like most this will be a very close and exciting game.

Agree - it will be close. Far as confusion - it is definately Cam's fault.

panfan
09-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Not heard a word back from any Wimberley folks on a good place in town to eat. Guess they don't want ol panfan spending his money there. :vrycnfsd:

Cam
09-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Not heard a word back from any Wimberley folks on a good place in town to eat. Guess they don't want ol panfan spending his money there. :vrycnfsd:

Don't think they have a whole lot of places to eat there.....I know there's a hamburger joint there (forgot the name though)....I'm just not very much help!!....they do have a pretty good feed store....get you some oats!!.....:D

wimbo_pro
09-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Hey guys...sorry for coming in late on this one! Here is my prediction:

Wimberley by one penalty.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2013, 12:08 PM
Don't think they have a whole lot of places to eat there.....I know there's a hamburger joint there (forgot the name though)....I'm just not very much help!!....they do have a pretty good feed store....get you some oats!!.....:D

Go to the Cypress Creek Cafe right on the Square...has a variety of things on the menu, including burgers.

Cam
09-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Go to the Cypress Creek Cafe right on the Square...has a variety of things on the menu, including burgers.

that's it!.....dammit wimbo...you're a genius!!

where have you been???....

wimbo_pro
09-25-2013, 12:27 PM
that's it!.....dammit wimbo...you're a genius!!

where have you been???....

Been busy and traveling, but wanted to get in on this weeks game! Have cleared my schedule for this one.

panfan
09-25-2013, 01:28 PM
Thanks Wimbo - we'll give it a shot. And Cam thanks for oats suggestion, may strap on a feedbag at half time for some ruffage.

regaleagle
09-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Not sure about LH this season....only that they are a work in progress. Wimberley is too, for that matter. BUT....I'm leaning toward WT in this game. I know they lost last week to LV, but that Lambert kid is a beast and an athlete. And they have relatively young talent trying to come together as a team. And I like their offensive scheme. And I believe they will have a good defense for LH this week. So I'm taking Wimberley to win this one at home this week by a touchdown. The game may be decided in the latter minutes of the 4th quarter. Should be a good game to watch. But Llano is coming into Fred on Friday and I'll probably go to that game.

Cam
09-25-2013, 02:47 PM
....I still can't make up my mind on this game!.....:vrycnfsd:...I'm leanin' towards the Hill.......and my head hurts .......and someone threw up in the bathroom........and the ventilator fan is broke so it stinks really bad......what else could go wrong today??.....:doh:

greendawg84
09-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Give me the Barney's of The Hill by 1 . 14 - 13

panfan , you better save your money so you can by those promised drinks at The Hill in a few weeks.

LV_Bearfan
09-25-2013, 04:27 PM
For food, go to the Cypress Creek Cafe and get the "Hill Country Hippie".
That's all I've had there, but it was excellent.

LHPfactory
09-25-2013, 08:49 PM
If yall are looking for an early treat, go the The 7th Grade Purple(A) Game. Its scheduled to start at 5:30 at the New Stadium in LH, I think you will be impressed. Also the Freshmen start right after, they are looking good this year also.

panfan
09-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Give me the Barney's of The Hill by 1 . 14 - 13

panfan , you better save your money so you can by those promised drinks at The Hill in a few weeks.

You have me confused with someone else. AND - if I did say that, it would be drink as in singular and you and CAM can have two straws!!!:evillol:

Gone Fishing
09-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Well I'm going to miss a Texan game for the first time since early 2006 when Wimberley got moved to region 1 and I had to miss a game way up northwest somewhere.
I have been a little critical at times this year, but realistic too. We are young, need some leaders to step up and improve in a couple of spots. With all that said, I think our DL and LB's will not have a game like last week and really get back to "Code Red". We know the slot -T as well as anybody and can stop it. If LH throws off of it some like Navarro did last year we could be in trouble, but I don't know that LH does that very much. Our safeties have to play their best game!!! Offense has to put some decent points on the board this week to win. Remember the first two games we had two freebies on pick sixes. I think its time to start opening the playbook some and score some dang points. Good luck Texans I will be getting updates the whole game, I'm taking the Texans by a field goal.

Cam
09-26-2013, 10:16 AM
You have me confused with someone else. AND - if I did say that, it would be drink as in singular and you and CAM can have two straws!!!:evillol:

Well....I guess we ain't meetin'.......besides, if I share a drink with G-dawg, I'll end up with some fungal growth on my tongue or something!....:crazy1:

panfan
09-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Well....I guess we ain't meetin'.......besides, if I share a drink with G-dawg, I'll end up with some fungal growth on my tongue or something!....:crazy1:

Now, now, I'm in for buying ya'll (each) a beer, just didn't want g-dawg thinking it was a college kegger or something like that (given his tendencies and all).

Cam
09-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Now, now, I'm in for buying ya'll (each) a beer, just didn't want g-dawg thinking it was a college kegger or something like that (given his tendencies and all).

no forget it!....I'm just not doin' it...two straws my ass!!!......my feelin's are hurt now!.....:crying::taunt:

greendawg84
09-26-2013, 12:04 PM

A beer ???!!! You are trying to piss me off !

panfan
09-26-2013, 12:44 PM
A beer ???!!! You are trying to piss me off !

Always

Cam
09-26-2013, 01:07 PM
Always

Dang Liberty Hill-billies.....always startin' trouble!.....:D

panfan
09-27-2013, 07:37 AM
Well I'm going to miss a Texan game for the first time since early 2006 when Wimberley got moved to region 1 and I had to miss a game way up northwest somewhere.
I have been a little critical at times this year, but realistic too. We are young, need some leaders to step up and improve in a couple of spots. With all that said, I think our DL and LB's will not have a game like last week and really get back to "Code Red". We know the slot -T as well as anybody and can stop it. If LH throws off of it some like Navarro did last year we could be in trouble, but I don't know that LH does that very much. Our safeties have to play their best game!!! Offense has to put some decent points on the board this week to win. Remember the first two games we had two freebies on pick sixes. I think its time to start opening the playbook some and score some dang points. Good luck Texans I will be getting updates the whole game, I'm taking the Texans by a field goal.

Sorry to hear you are going to miss GF. LH is coming to town - a little beat up from a very large rockdale team, but none the less prepped and ready. Hope ya'll got a box a tissues for the Wimbo fans for after the game. :taunt::stirpot:

ogg
09-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Sorry to hear you are going to miss GF. LH is coming to town - a little beat up from a very large rockdale team, but none the less prepped and ready. Hope ya'll got a box a tissues for the Wimbo fans for after the game. :taunt::stirpot:

WT gonna beat the hill like a dirty rug, hope there's a fan or two there trained in crises intervention to stablilize the emotional trauma.

panfan
09-27-2013, 09:16 AM
WT gonna beat the hill like a dirty rug, hope there's a fan or two there trained in crises intervention to stablilize the emotional trauma. Good one ogg.

Texans are gonna feel like they are the red headed step children when its over.

Cam
09-27-2013, 09:19 AM
WT gonna beat the hill like a dirty rug, hope there's a fan or two there trained in crises intervention to stablilize the emotional trauma.

Nah ogg......them Barney Purples from the Hill were born with emotional trauma!!....ya just gotta tolerate em'!!......:stirpot:

greendawg84
09-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Nah ogg......them Barney Purples from the Hill were born with emotional trauma!!....ya just gotta tolerate em'!!......:stirpot:

see panfan for example

ogg
09-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Good one ogg.

Texans are gonna feel like they are the red headed step children when its over.

Real men don't wear purple.

panfan
09-27-2013, 10:45 AM

real men can wear whatever color they want cause they are sportin a pair, or least were before the wife said you need to go take care of that before we get another surprise! Now I just feel like my old lab :spitlol:

Tejastrue
09-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Good luck tonight Liberty Hill. We've had a few rain showers in the area so to the LH folks traveling..be extra careful out there. Go Texans!!

panfan
09-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Good luck tonight Liberty Hill. We've had a few rain showers in the area so to the LH folks traveling..be extra careful out there. Go Texans!!

Thanks Tejas - and good luck to the Texans. More importantly - here is for an injury free game for the young men on both teams.

wimbo_pro
09-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Thanks Tejas - and good luck to the Texans. More importantly - here is for an injury free game for the young men on both teams.

Dont forget the scoreboard at halftime!!!!

panfan
09-27-2013, 08:34 PM
Dont forget the scoreboard at halftime!!!!
Are you freakin kidding me. 3 extra plays with no time on the clock?

Old Green
09-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Final

Wimberley 10

Liberty Hill 21

Tejastrue
09-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Sorry..21-10 Liberty Hill wins. Congrats to the Panthers!! The ref favoritism shtick has been lifted.

Old Green
09-27-2013, 10:54 PM
Sorry..21-10 Liberty Hill wins. Congrats to the Panthers!! The ref favoritism shtick has been lifted.Thanks Tejastrue. Just was informed I had the scores reversed

Pudlugger
09-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Congratulations to the Panthers. Big win over WT.

wimbo_pro
09-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Congratulations to the Panthers. Big win over WT.

Good work , Panthers. Congrats on the win. The Texans seem to me to be a bit lost. We continue to linger in the duldrums. We don't seem to have the fire needed to be an above average team (LH is/was very beatable, especially in our home court). I hear good things about our new coach, and I believe the people who tell me he is a good coach. I look forward to seeing him pull a team stuck in "nowhere land" and bring them to their potential. We have lots of work to do!!!

LHPfactory
09-27-2013, 11:34 PM
I have a question, I haven't noticed it in the past so much, but during the 9th and 7th Grade A game, Wimberley cut block (1 player cutting low between the tackles) and that's legal.

I watched the video this evening and saw the cut blocking, which is legal. Then I also noticed a lot of CHOP BLOCKING, which is dangerous and illegal.

Incidentally, we have a few 7th graders with banged up knees from CHOP BLOCKING (first player engages high and second chops low) This is dirty.. This happed so frequently that It must be something that is being taught... It would take a dirty coach to teach this, at any level, especially Jr High

We won both games so this is not sour grapes,

After watching the video, the cut blocking was prevalent which is within the rules, but the chop blocking was often enough to make me suspect that someone is teaching the kids dirty tactics.

panfan
09-27-2013, 11:50 PM
Sorry..21-10 Liberty Hill wins. Congrats to the Panthers!! The ref favoritism shtick has been lifted.

Good game Texans. Everyone said it would be close and it was. Good luck going forward.

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2013, 06:32 AM
Hey guys...sorry for coming in late on this one! Here is my prediction:

Wimberley by one penalty.
Unless I miscounted, Wimberley 3, LH 2. :thinking: Maybe there's a future for you in Vegas. :D

panfan
09-28-2013, 09:40 AM
We played without several starters on offensive line, and 4 defenders were all walking wounded. 3 played and one sat out due to concussion. While I wasn't going to say anything throughout the week, I was actually thinking we would leave Wimberley with a loss simply due to the amount of injuries we had. All the fellas stepped up, injured or not, 2nd string or not and grinded it out. Now a week off, time to heal a little bit and get ready for district. Also, I don't call his number out often, but I was proud of my boy #3, who was one of those walking wounded and we didn't think would play. He got in there and took care of business the best he could. Way to go #3. Also shout out to Denson #7, again also injured who got in there and got the job done.

LH Panther Mom
09-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Our guys earn the right every time we mix it up with Wimberley, since purple's what you get when mixing red & blue. ;) Good win last night, Panthers! Good luck the rest of the year (unless we meet again!), Texans.

Snotbubbles
09-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Good work , Panthers. Congrats on the win. The Texans seem to me to be a bit lost. We continue to linger in the duldrums. We don't seem to have the fire needed to be an above average team (LH is/was very beatable, especially in our home court). I hear good things about our new coach, and I believe the people who tell me he is a good coach. I look forward to seeing him pull a team stuck in "nowhere land" and bring them to their potential. We have lots of work to do!!!

I said this, and got my head cut off wp. Honest outside observation. That WT-talent we're use to, just ain't there.

wimbo_pro
09-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Unless I miscounted, Wimberley 3, LH 2. :thinking: Maybe there's a future for you in Vegas. :D

Ha!!!

LHexPlayer
09-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Another good game by the Panthers. Yes, we were missing some key players last night. The kids played hard all night. I thought we might be in trouble after the fake punt disaster, but the kids never quit. Godd job Panthers!

wimbo_pro
09-28-2013, 04:25 PM
I said this, and got my head cut off wp. Honest outside observation. That WT-talent we're use to, just ain't there.

I think we have more talent than our record shows. Plus, we didnt see a lot of our most talented running back either. But that also speaks to the lack of execution if one player makes that big of a difference. I sure hope Lambert is going to get healthy enough to run the ball 25 times a game. A strong running threat changes everything for the passing game. I still think we will have a decent play off run...just don't see the "gel" needed to make a deep run-off appearance yet. There is still time to straighten things out.

LHexPlayer
09-28-2013, 04:48 PM
We played without several starters on offensive line, and 4 defenders were all walking wounded. 3 played and one sat out due to concussion. While I wasn't going to say anything throughout the week, I was actually thinking we would leave Wimberley with a loss simply due to the amount of injuries we had. All the fellas stepped up, injured or not, 2nd string or not and grinded it out. Now a week off, time to heal a little bit and get ready for district. Also, I don't call his number out often, but I was proud of my boy #3, who was one of those walking wounded and we didn't think would play. He got in there and took care of business the best he could. Way to go #3. Also shout out to Denson #7, again also injured who got in there and got the job done.

I didn't know #3 was your boy. I like the way he plays. He wraps up and runs through the ball carrier. He has had some big hits this year.

jackofalltrades
09-30-2013, 08:36 PM
I think we have more talent than our record shows. Plus, we didnt see a lot of our most talented running back either. But that also speaks to the lack of execution if one player makes that big of a difference. I sure hope Lambert is going to get healthy enough to run the ball 25 times a game. A strong running threat changes everything for the passing game. I still think we will have a decent play off run...just don't see the "gel" needed to make a deep run-off appearance yet. There is still time to straighten things out.
we do have more talent and yes a power runner helps quite a bit. i think tape of the first 5 games shows exactly what we have executed and what we never attempt. is it possible this is being done on purpose? let's take the week off and then see what happens when it counts.

ogg
09-30-2013, 09:08 PM

Need to "straighten out" the offensive blocking, esp the WRs on outside screens.

Snotbubbles
09-30-2013, 09:35 PM
Need to "straighten out" the offensive blocking, esp the WRs on outside screens.

Mentioned that after Floresville scrimmage.;) Hopefully it comes around for ya ogg?

ogg
09-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Mentioned that after Floresville scrimmage.;) Hopefully it comes around for ya ogg?

So you attended WT's game last Friday spaceman?