View Full Version : Bellville vs Columbus first district game

BB BULLS
09-21-2013, 05:20 PM
district starts friday Bellville vs Columbus i wil go bellville in a blowout

maestro
09-21-2013, 06:02 PM
First week is the most dangerous.

Everyone is reenergized for district.
If there to be upsets, look to week one and see if the underdog is the hosting team.

gambler1606
09-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Bellville 35

C-Town 21

hookandladder
09-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Just judging by what happened between Bellville and Giddings game, I say game will be closer then most feel. Old Rusty will gear his D up to stop the run, it will come down to Bellville making some plays thru the air. Bellville 21-10.

Red Bull
09-23-2013, 09:46 AM
Bellville will roll in this one. The rushing attack and timely passing will just be too much for Cards again this season. Bellville 42-14.

OLE'BULL
09-23-2013, 10:36 AM
I dont think Bellville will have a problem with the Cards. Giddings and Sweeny are both tougher teams and whether some of their fans want to believe it or not, we were not really threatened by either of them in the game. Doesn't mean they aren't fine ball clubs, we are just better. That doesn't mean if we come out flat we cant get thumped by Columbus. But if we prepare like we always do, and come out fired up for district, you will probably see the Bulls really start to gel and be ready to take on district play. Does anyone know if Bronson Allen is healthy yet? Nunn is killing people right now, and Parker is playing well, but it would be nice to have that ol' 1-2-3 punch that we are used to seeing. Allen is a great back, and I hope whatever is ailing him is not serious.

The Bull #40
09-23-2013, 11:14 AM
Just judging by what happened between Bellville and Giddings game, I say game will be closer then most feel. Old Rusty will gear his D up to stop the run, it will come down to Bellville making some plays thru the air. Bellville 21-10.

I don't know what you think "happened" in the Giddings game? We shut down a Giddings team with a great QB and a decent RB, their receivers definitely need work but they had some athletes. And they had a traditional, stout Giddings defense that loaded the box and we still ran on.... the only thing I didn't like about that game is we tried some new wrinkles on offense to see what we had going into district. Other than that, it wasn't a very close game IMO. Everyone thinks Bellville is going to struggle every week and we should be 4-0 if we had the kicker that we have now when we played Kinkaid.

As for this week, Rowe will have the Bulls wount' up and ready to roll through district. I think we play our game this week and run the ball and not mess around with the pass and I think our defense is plenty good enough to handle Columbus' offense. Also, remember that the Cardinals got rained out this past week so the Bulls have an extra game under their belt for their young kids going into this game... and that can really be valuable experience IMO. Therefore, I see the BULLS ON PARADE this week! BRAHMAS WIN 42-14 (49-14 if Allen is back).

hookandladder
09-23-2013, 11:42 AM
I don't know what you think "happened" in the Giddings game? We shut down a Giddings team with a great QB and a decent RB, their receivers definitely need work but they had some athletes. And they had a traditional, stout Giddings defense that loaded the box and we still ran on.... the only thing I didn't like about that game is we tried some new wrinkles on offense to see what we had going into district. Other than that, it wasn't a very close game IMO. Everyone thinks Bellville is going to struggle every week and we should be 4-0 if we had the kicker that we have now when we played Kinkaid.

As for this week, Rowe will have the Bulls wount' up and ready to roll through district. I think we play our game this week and run the ball and not mess around with the pass and I think our defense is plenty good enough to handle Columbus' offense. Also, remember that the Cardinals got rained out this past week so the Bulls have an extra game under their belt for their young kids going into this game... and that can really be valuable experience IMO. Therefore, I see the BULLS ON PARADE this week! BRAHMAS WIN 42-14 (49-14 if Allen is back).

Columbus will give you a better game then Giddings, just do not think Giddings is even as good as last year and they did not make the playoffs last year. If this game was at Bellville then yes I would see a big win for your team, just think Columbus will play you guys well at their house.

OLE'BULL
09-23-2013, 12:58 PM
Columbus will give you a better game then Giddings, just do not think Giddings is even as good as last year and they did not make the playoffs last year. If this game was at Bellville then yes I would see a big win for your team, just think Columbus will play you guys well at their house.

Is Sweeny better than Giddings? According to you hook, they are. And I probably agree with you. Is Columbus better than Giddings? I dont think so. Is Columbus better than Sweeny? NO. The Bulls will be fine again this week. Columbus hasn't proved anything to me, YET. If they were able to get the Giddings game in, and won, I might be a little more nervous. Sneaking by Yoakum, losing to LG, and beating a down right poor Rice team is not grounds for anyone to assume they will beat Bellville.

hookandladder
09-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Is Sweeny better than Giddings? According to you hook, they are. And I probably agree with you. Is Columbus better than Giddings? I dont think so. Is Columbus better than Sweeny? NO. The Bulls will be fine again this week. Columbus hasn't proved anything to me, YET. If they were able to get the Giddings game in, and won, I might be a little more nervous. Sneaking by Yoakum, losing to LG, and beating a down right poor Rice team is not grounds for anyone to assume they will beat Bellville.

Not saying they will beat you , just saying they will give you a better game then Giddings. Yes , I think Columbus is better then Giddings. More talent in Columbus then Giddings right now, Columbus always has talent the problem is getting them to play together as a team. Giddings beat LH by 1 point, then lost to Wimberley team who is down and also got blasted by La Vernia, not saying Columbus has beaten anyone special but they are a team that will get better and better as the season goes on. I think Bellville is a solid team this year but just not a team that will roll thru the playoffs this year, time will tell.

Pudlugger
09-23-2013, 03:08 PM
I agree with hook that Columbus will be a stronger opponent than Giddings. It is too bad we didn't get to see the results of the canceled game Friday. Bellville should win this game if they play a good game but if they make too many unforced errors like turnovers and blown coverage they will get burned. Bellvile 21 Columbus 13.

OLE'BULL
09-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Not saying they will beat you , just saying they will give you a better game then Giddings. Yes , I think Columbus is better then Giddings. More talent in Columbus then Giddings right now, Columbus always has talent the problem is getting them to play together as a team. Giddings beat LH by 1 point, then lost to Wimberley team who is down and also got blasted by La Vernia, not saying Columbus has beaten anyone special but they are a team that will get better and better as the season goes on. I think Bellville is a solid team this year but just not a team that will roll thru the playoffs this year, time will tell.

Well we are at a better point this year then we were last year and our backfield isn't 100%. We could VERY easily be 4-0. This time last year we were 2-2. I just don't see Columbus giving us much, if any trouble...

hookandladder
09-23-2013, 04:25 PM
Well we are at a better point this year then we were last year and our backfield isn't 100%. We could VERY easily be 4-0. This time last year we were 2-2. I just don't see Columbus giving us much, if any trouble...

I definitely feel Columbus is a better team this year then last , I expected you guys to score more on Giddings . Even Wimberley scored 30 points on them , just looks like Bellville offense not hitting on all cyclinders just yet. Maybe they will pick it up this week but I will bet you guys will see 8 to 9 players in the box with blitzes all night, passing game will be the difference.

Pudlugger
09-23-2013, 05:34 PM
I agree with hook that Columbus will be a stronger opponent than Giddings. It is too bad we didn't get to see the results of the canceled game Friday. Bellville should win this game if they play a good game but if they make too many unforced errors like turnovers and blown coverage they will get burned. Bellvile 21 Columbus 13.

Padilla agrees with me. Bellville over Columbus by 13. :)

speedbump
09-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Padilla agrees with me. Bellville over Columbus by 13. :)

Not quite - You have Bellville by a TD , Padilla has them by two TDs.

Pudlugger
09-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Not quite - You have Bellville by a TD , Padilla has them by two TDs.

Opps! I forgot that I changed my prediction. My bad. FWIW the Bulls win. :)

OLE'BULL
09-23-2013, 06:44 PM
I definitely feel Columbus is a better team this year then last , I expected you guys to score more on Giddings . Even Wimberley scored 30 points on them , just looks like Bellville offense not hitting on all cyclinders just yet. Maybe they will pick it up this week but I will bet you guys will see 8 to 9 players in the box with blitzes all night, passing game will be the difference.

Please re read my post that your response is directed to. Our backfield is not clicking on all cylinders . One of our 3 starting RB's is not 100%. And you are right , we will see 8 in the box, like we have all year. If you don't load the box when playing Bellville than you don't deserve to be a head coach.

hookandladder
09-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Please re read my post that your response is directed to. Our backfield is not clicking on all cylinders . One of our 3 starting RB's is not 100%. And you are right , we will see 8 in the box, like we have all year. If you don't load the box when playing Bellville than you don't deserve to be a head coach.

That is exactly what Columbus did against in our game (8 in the box) , just saying your QB will need to step up and make some plays but do not overlook Columbus talent because there is some talent in Columbus. In D-25 there are some really weak teams this year , so I feel Columbus will definitely grab one of them playoff spots. They have coaching this year with a system that will work there, I know Sines was there last season however the spread offense takes times to be successful and that will not happen in one year, you guys went to the slot and had success really fast. Big difference in offenses that run the ball , takes less time to be successful.

OLE'BULL
09-23-2013, 08:47 PM
That is exactly what Columbus did against in our game (8 in the box) , just saying your QB will need to step up and make some plays but do not overlook Columbus talent because there is some talent in Columbus. In D-25 there are some really weak teams this year , so I feel Columbus will definitely grab one of them playoff spots. They have coaching this year with a system that will work there, I know Sines was there last season however the spread offense takes times to be successful and that will not happen in one year, you guys went to the slot and had success really fast. Big difference in offenses that run the ball , takes less time to be successful.

Well ask Sweeny if we are capable of throwing the ball. Our QB had over 100 yds passing. That is PLENTY when running the slot T. Columbus might have talent, but we might just have more. If a team can't grab one of them playoff spots this year with 4 going, they are not good.

hookandladder
09-24-2013, 06:06 AM
Well ask Sweeny if we are capable of throwing the ball. Our QB had over 100 yds passing. That is PLENTY when running the slot T. Columbus might have talent, but we might just have more. If a team can't grab one of them playoff spots this year with 4 going, they are not good.

Yes and some that grab that 4th spot are just bad teams, UIL gotta make as many parents happy as they can.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-24-2013, 06:43 AM
Is the game @ Columbus?

OLE'BULL
09-24-2013, 08:00 AM
Is the game @ Columbus?

Yep!

pancho villa
09-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Why do they put cow poop on the walls of the concession stand and rest rooms at Bellville’s home games?

To keep the flies of the Brahmadoras and cheerleaders

OLE'BULL
09-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Why do they put cow poop on the walls of the concession stand and rest rooms at Bellville’s home games?

To keep the flies of the Brahmadoras and cheerleaders

Uhhh you got it!

BB BULLS
09-24-2013, 10:37 AM
I dont think Bellville will have a problem with the Cards. Giddings and Sweeny are both tougher teams and whether some of their fans want to believe it or not, we were not really threatened by either of them in the game. Doesn't mean they aren't fine ball clubs, we are just better. That doesn't mean if we come out flat we cant get thumped by Columbus. But if we prepare like we always do, and come out fired up for district, you will probably see the Bulls really start to gel and be ready to take on district play. Does anyone know if Bronson Allen is healthy yet? Nunn is killing people right now, and Parker is playing well, but it would be nice to have that ol' 1-2-3 punch that we are used to seeing. Allen is a great back, and I hope whatever is ailing him is not serious.

he is not 100% yet but I heard he will play this week, how much we will have to see. Bellville in a blow out.
you know whats funny a lot of the boys come over, they go to this site and read what everyone is saying. then I here them saying we will show these folks what we can do. this Bellville team has a bunch
good players they are only gonna get better as the year goes along. they play really hard as a team. there is no I in this team.

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Not sure why everyone is so down on Giddings..I saw a D with alot of speed and a O that had a QB that could move around..just need the big WR to catch the ball

OLE'BULL
09-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Not sure why everyone is so down on Giddings..I saw a D with alot of speed and a O that had a QB that could move around..just need the big WR to catch the ball

Exactly. Sure we didn't blow them out, but they aren't bad AT ALL. Like you said, a great QB with some potential at WR. Also a pretty darn good D. I will take a 2 TD victory accompanied with a shutout ALL DAY LONG!

OLE'BULL
09-24-2013, 10:59 AM
he is not 100% yet but I heard he will play this week, how much we will have to see. Bellville in a blow out.
you know whats funny a lot of the boys come over, they go to this site and read what everyone is saying. then I here them saying we will show these folks what we can do. this Bellville team has a bunch
good players they are only gonna get better as the year goes along. they play really hard as a team. there is no I in this team.

Yep, let it add fuel to their fire. The same thing went on last year and we poked along to the state-semifinals while everyone else was bouncing the round ball.

hookandladder
09-24-2013, 11:26 AM

Pretty sure you said the same thing last year after you watched them play and look what happened in District play, not saying they are a bad team just not what is normal in Giddings.

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Pretty sure you said the same thing last year after you watched them play and look what happened in District play, not saying they are a bad team just not what is normal in Giddings.

Last year Giddings got hit with injuries so not really a fair comparison..they were 6-0 going into district and beat a team in Bellville that went 14 games

YTBulldogs
09-24-2013, 11:43 AM
Bellville 35
Columbus 6

hookandladder
09-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Last year Giddings got hit with injuries so not really a fair comparison..they were 6-0 going into district and beat a team in Bellville that went 14 games

If that is what you want to beleive , go right ahead. They had no more injuries then anyone else in our District, just did not compete well in our District last year.

Manso/V8
09-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Bellville 35
Columbus 6

Bold.

YTBulldogs
09-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Bold.

I don't see Bellville letting the QB on the edge. And, they can't throw it worth a lick.

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2013, 12:02 PM
If that is what you want to beleive , go right ahead. They had no more injuries then anyone else in our District, just did not compete well in our District last year.

so a team that beat a semi finalist just magically got so bad they dropped their last 4 games?..not about how many is injured as much as who is is injured

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Yep!

I hated that I couldn't make it to last week's game @ Sweeny. I am going to try and make this one, and maybe even sit on the Bellville side.

Manso/V8
09-24-2013, 12:29 PM
I hated that I couldn't make it to last week's game @ Sweeny. I am going to try and make this one, and maybe even sit on the Bellville side.

Well both teams wear red, so you can't hide on either side!
You will be welcome on the Bellville side.
Several Brahma players have become friends with PI players since the Region IV title game via social media and the region IV track meet last spring.
Some kids up here have been talking about making a trip down to PI for a little vacation, maybe spring break!

hookandladder
09-24-2013, 12:40 PM
so a team that beat a semi finalist just magically got so bad they dropped their last 4 games?..not about how many is injured as much as who is is injured

They just were not as good as you thought , bolttom line. They were just in the middle of the pack in our District , if they would have got a bounce here or there go their way in our District then they could have grabbed 2nd or 3rd in our District. They just were not near the top team in our District, Bellville was a solid team last season but not near as good as EC so Giddings win against Bellville was not that big of an upset.

rico
09-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Well both teams wear red, so you can't hide on either side!
You will be welcome on the Bellville side.
Several Brahma players have become friends with PI players since the Region IV title game via social media and the region IV track meet last spring.
Some kids up here have been talking about making a trip down to PI for a little vacation, maybe spring break!
I noticed the friendships and think it's nice that when the dust has settled some the
guys have gained new friends and respect for each other. High School Sports, gotta love it!

Manso/V8
09-24-2013, 01:07 PM
I noticed the friendships and think it's nice that when the dust has settled some the
guys have gained new friends and respect for each other. High School Sports, gotta love it!

Yeah, it is good and more common than we realize.
It happened with other playoff opponents as well.
We might take the pre game social media smack more seriously than the kids.........who just think it is funny, the coaches don't though!!!!!

I know PI is focused on a Bellville rematch, that is natural.
Nothing is a foregone conclusion.
I am confident that PI will make the D2 quarterfinals this year.
Bellville has a tougher row to hoe.
I think the competition in the part of Region IV is overall better this year.
It will also be interesting to see how 4 playoff teams from each district impact the D1 and D2 brackets.
Bellville could go in to the D1 bracket.
If for now we assume that Bellville, El Campo, and Wharton make the playoffs from D25, and Needville and Royal do not.....then Sealy or Columbus getting the fourth spot will determine if Bellville goes in to the D1 or D2 bracket. Anything can happen between now and then, Needville or Royal could surprise everyone.
The Bellville@Columbus game could be very telling.
I think Sealy plays Royal.

Here are the D25 enrollments.

El Campo 975
Needville 799
Sealy 772
Bellville 665
Wharton 608
Columbus 574
Royal 514

First district game of the year and it is already exciting!

OLE'BULL
09-24-2013, 01:18 PM

15 games...

teetle
09-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Bellvilles ises goins toos beats de uglyness outs of de Cardinals. Buts theys betters watches outs for Cardwells. he bes fastes. I believeses Bellvilles bys 2 tds.:flaming::o

The Bull #40
09-26-2013, 07:02 AM
One more day till the Brahmas win their first district game! I mean till gameday..... :stirpot:

WhartonTigers
09-26-2013, 08:16 AM
Yeah, it is good and more common than we realize.
It happened with other playoff opponents as well.
We might take the pre game social media smack more seriously than the kids.........who just think it is funny, the coaches don't though!!!!!

I know PI is focused on a Bellville rematch, that is natural.
Nothing is a foregone conclusion.
I am confident that PI will make the D2 quarterfinals this year.
Bellville has a tougher row to hoe.
I think the competition in the part of Region IV is overall better this year.
It will also be interesting to see how 4 playoff teams from each district impact the D1 and D2 brackets.
Bellville could go in to the D1 bracket.
If for now we assume that Bellville, El Campo, and Wharton make the playoffs from D25, and Needville and Royal do not.....then Sealy or Columbus getting the fourth spot will determine if Bellville goes in to the D1 or D2 bracket. Anything can happen between now and then, Needville or Royal could surprise everyone.
The Bellville@Columbus game could be very telling.
I think Sealy plays Royal.

Here are the D25 enrollments.

El Campo 975
Needville 799
Sealy 772
Bellville 665
Wharton 608
Columbus 574
Royal 514

First district game of the year and it is already exciting!

El Campo will always go Big School... they have the biggest enrollment..

the genious
09-26-2013, 09:26 AM
To say Columbus can't throw the ball is foolish.. The QB was all state last week just up until this point they have chose not too... Gonna be tough for Columbus to pull out the W but a district game at home anything can happen

OLE'BULL
09-26-2013, 10:07 AM
To say Columbus can't throw the ball is foolish.. The QB was all state last week just up until this point they have chose not too... Gonna be tough for Columbus to pull out the W but a district game at home anything can happen

That 2nd sentence is tough to follow. He was All State last week? WT actual F are you talking about?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Is Schobel's still open in Columbus? I've always wanted to try it but never have.

speedbump
09-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Is Schobel's still open in Columbus? I've always wanted to try it but never have.

Yup.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Cool, I'll be having dinner there before the game, then. Port Isabel Tarpon blue and all.

Manso/V8
09-26-2013, 11:14 PM
Cool, I'll be having dinner there before the game, then. Port Isabel Tarpon blue and all.

Fair warning, no tacos on the buffet.

Mostly German/Czech, country style grub.
It's pretty good though.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-27-2013, 10:05 AM

I'm not sure if I should be insulted by the taco comment or not. Oh and by the way I'm white. Country style grub is fine with me. I love a good chicken fried steak and some veggies.

whitelightning5
09-27-2013, 11:07 AM

Mostly German/Czech, country style grub.
It's pretty good though.

WOW....just went there huh? It's so early in the season.

Manso/V8
09-27-2013, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=TarponFanInNorthTexas;1764977]I'm not sure if I should be insulted by the taco comment or not. Oh and by the way I'm white. Country style grub is fine with me. I love a good chicken fried steak and some veggies.[/QUOTE

No reason to be offended, everybody i know in Texas likes tacos!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Well I'm headed out the door omw to Columbus. I'll be eating at Schobel's for dinner before the game so if you see a tall husky white guy wearing Port Isabel Tarpon blue getting his grub on, that's probably me. Come say hi, and the name's Ken.

See y'all later!

speedbump
09-27-2013, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=TarponFanInNorthTexas;1764977]I'm not sure if I should be insulted by the taco comment or not. Oh and by the way I'm white. Country style grub is fine with me. I love a good chicken fried steak and some veggies.[/QUOTE

No reason to be offended, everybody i know in Texas likes tacos!

That's cause they know what aTaco is. Most folks think Wiener Schnitzel is some sort of hot dog. LOL

OldBison75
09-27-2013, 05:46 PM
They just were not as good as you thought , bolttom line. They were just in the middle of the pack in our District , if they would have got a bounce here or there go their way in our District then they could have grabbed 2nd or 3rd in our District. They just were not near the top team in our District, Bellville was a solid team last season but not near as good as EC so Giddings win against Bellville was not that big of an upset.

I can't speak for Giddings since I never saw them play last year. However, I can tell you that Bellville was a very good team in the playoffs and would have been a tough opponent for anybody that made the finals. Think what you want.

OldBison75
09-27-2013, 05:50 PM

Your location says harvard, but, this comment sounds more like Castles of Sand Day Care.

the genious
09-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Sorry guys last year.. If we want to act like adults you would have realized that.. Upset alert?

hookandladder
09-27-2013, 09:42 PM
district starts friday Bellville vs Columbus i wil go bellville in a blowout

How is that blowout going for your team tonight.

XMan
09-27-2013, 10:01 PM
32-20 Ctown right now!

Roughneck93
09-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Another wow...

XMan
09-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Bellville scores 7. 32-27 Ctown.

the genious
09-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Columbus stopped Bellville.. Columbus ball with 2 minutes left up by 5

SintonFan_inAustin
09-27-2013, 10:26 PM
Bellville overated?

hookandladder
09-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Been trying to tell them Bellville folks , they way overrated . Even last year , you can only do so much with the talent you have .

speedbump
09-27-2013, 10:31 PM
Been trying to tell them Bellville folks , they way overrated . Even last year , you can only do so much with the talent you have .

Last year?

Weebe
09-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Wow.

Weebe
09-27-2013, 10:42 PM

Please post where you said this.

hookandladder
09-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Please post where you said this.

Weebe , just admitt your District is very weak this year and man how you tooted your horn last year . One year wonder and since you are a newbe , Bellville, Sealy and Columbus have been in our District for many years .

speedbump
09-27-2013, 10:59 PM
Weebe , just admitt your District is very weak this year and man how you tooted your horn last year . One year wonder and since you are a newbe , Bellville, Sealy and Columbus have been in our District for many years .

You should know about the weakest teams in our district, that's for sure.

Pudlugger
09-27-2013, 11:04 PM

I think Bellville didn't take the Cardinals seriously. I've been saying the Cardinals are a good team and underrated. They have excellent talent and with Coach Valastro and Coach Cauthren they will surprise the usual suspects in D25. Bellville has to step up and establish their creds if they want to maintain their state ranking status. Congratulations to the Cardinals and Coach V on a big win in D25.

hookandladder
09-27-2013, 11:04 PM

Pretty easy to put two and two together , Without Sealy, Bellville and Columbus in your District then your District would be one of the weakest in the State.

Scoop27
09-27-2013, 11:07 PM
I listened to the final 5 minutes of the game on KULM out of Columbus on my way back from Louise game. A real shocker

speedbump
09-27-2013, 11:08 PM
Pretty easy to put two and two together , Without Sealy, Bellville and Columbus in your District then your District would be one of the weakest in the State.

LOL - Brilliant. I suppose that means it would be on the same level as 26.

Weebe
09-27-2013, 11:14 PM

State championship game is nothing to sneeze at.

Wharton beat Cuero this year, which is probably, at worst, the second best team in your district.

I readily admit that El Campo is down this year. I'll reserve judgment until the playoffs.

La Grange seems strong this year with a new QB leading the offense.

Weebe
09-27-2013, 11:16 PM
LOL - Brilliant. I suppose that means it would be on the same level as 26.

Lol. If you take the top 4 teams out of your district, they would suck.

How would any district fare in that situation?

Roughneck93
09-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Boxscore (http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=houston&Season=2013&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=181463&TeamID=173&SearchType=Teams)

Pudlugger
09-27-2013, 11:33 PM
The whole D25 v D26 thing is just a anyone's guess at this point in the season. I think the cream is starting to rise to the top and some of the early favorites are settling out a little lower than expected. For D26 I think the top three teams are in no particular order Gonzales, Cuero and La Grange. Yoakum can move up if they get healthy and Giddings is a mystery right now. We shall know more after Oct 11th. As for D25 I see the top three in no particular order as Wharton , Columbus and El Campo. Bellville is going to have to step up a couple of notches to move into the top 3 in D25. The Bellville Sealy rivalry game may well decide the 4th team for the playoffs.

speedbump
09-27-2013, 11:54 PM
The whole D25 v D26 thing is just a anyone's guess at this point in the season. I think the cream is starting to rise to the top and some of the early favorites are settling out a little lower than expected. For D26 I think the top three teams are in no particular order Gonzales, Cuero and La Grange. Yoakum can move up if they get healthy and Giddings is a mystery right now. We shall know more after Oct 11th. As for D25 I see the top three in no particular order as Wharton , Columbus and El Campo. Bellville is going to have to step up a couple of notches to move into the top 3 in D25. The Bellville Sealy rivalry game may well decide the 4th team for the playoffs.

Columbus was the only team that will catch Bellville looking ahead. Make no mistake. They will be hard to beat from this point on.

OLE'BULL
09-28-2013, 12:07 AM
Ouch. This crow does not taste good. Hats off to the Cards, they played their a$$ off tonight. I thought we would handle them easily. I was dead wrong. That RB is a tough SOB and #9 is a player. As far as the Bulls, not our best showing. Defense could not seem to make a tackle. Our scheme had us in the right spots, but once you get there you have to be a football player and that's on the kids, not the coaches. I thought offensively we did what we needed to do to win. Nunn notched up another great night rushing for 190+ yards and 2 TDs, he is having a record breaking year. As far as Bellville fighting for the 4th playoff spot?!?! No way, we are better than that, just not tonight. Columbus will get beat once or twice and hopefully we win out, which is very possible. Brahma fans know that we were WAY off tonight defensively, and that was the deciding factor. Rowe will be on a mission to get it fixed. And he will accomplish that mission. Columbus played the best they possibly could tonight and it was barely enough, but they were the better team tonight and they deserved it. What was the personal foul called for on the Brahmas when we were in the redzone going for the go ahead TD? If it was the right call, which I'm assuming it was, that kid should be punished severely. How selfish. Hopefully we don't dwell on this and use it as a reality check. We have to fight for every win, just like last year. Back to the drawing board fellas, let's get ready for El Campo. A district championship is not out of reach yet.

Blue42
09-28-2013, 12:09 AM
I pray for the opportunity for Cuero to play Wharton again look for a much different outcome by playoff time. The Gobblers spotted Them 2 td’s and still almost pulled it out.

the genious
09-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Ouch. This crow does not taste good. Hats off to the Cards, they played their a$$ off tonight. I thought we would handle them easily. I was dead wrong. That RB is a tough SOB and #9 is a player. As far as the Bulls, not our best showing. Defense could not seem to make a tackle. Our scheme had us in the right spots, but once you get there you have to be a football player and that's on the kids, not the coaches. I thought offensively we did what we needed to do to win. Nunn notched up another great night rushing for 190+ yards and 2 TDs, he is having a record breaking year. As far as Bellville fighting for the 4th playoff spot?!?! No way, we are better than that, just not tonight. Columbus will get beat once or twice and hopefully we win out, which is very possible. Brahma fans know that we were WAY off tonight defensively, and that was the deciding factor. Rowe will be on a mission to get it fixed. And he will accomplish that mission. Columbus played the best they possibly could tonight and it was barely enough, but they were the better team tonight and they deserved it. What was the personal foul called for on the Brahmas when we were in the redzone going for the go ahead TD? If it was the right call, which I'm assuming it was, that kid should be punished severely. How selfish. Hopefully we don't dwell on this and use it as a reality check. We have to fight for every win, just like last year. Back to the drawing board fellas, let's get ready for El Campo. A district championship is not out of reach yet.

That kid deffinatly swung

Manso/V8
09-28-2013, 12:45 AM
Congrats to the Columbus Cardinals for earning that win, they simply outplayed the Brahmas tonight.
They've got some real speed and determination to match.
The D25 playoff race is on!

I haven't really said a lot about the Brahmas this year, but I thought they might have been getting a bit too big for their britches.
Maybe they got real busy reading the press clippings/internet write-ups about how good they are/gonna be and overlooked Columbus.
It seemed like they were gonna put this one away early and then a muffed punt re-energized the Cardinals.
Everyone in the stadium could smell another onside kick, we still had OL guys on the return team, and the ball bounced to the Cards.
We intercepted a pass late in the fourth quarter to put us in position to score a go ahead TD, and an unsportsmanlike conduct flag helped keep us out of the endzone.
These aren't things that good teams so, but they are mistakes that can be fixed.
A dose of reality may have been what these kids needed.
I hope they come back with a renewed focus next week.

hookandladder
09-28-2013, 07:18 AM
State championship game is nothing to sneeze at.

Wharton beat Cuero this year, which is probably, at worst, the second best team in your district.

I readily admit that El Campo is down this year. I'll reserve judgment until the playoffs.

La Grange seems strong this year with a new QB leading the offense.

Yes our offense is definitely our strong point, our new QB is a real dual threat with 9 starters back on offense . The new QB is a great kid with a really big heart, he is definitely a big time player . I personally very happy to see him doing so well, he is very deserving and hopefully some college will give him a shot . Even if it is a crappy JUCO , right Weebe.

Scoop27
09-28-2013, 08:18 AM
I still can't get over Wharton scoring only 32 points against Needville and score was 15-3 at halftime. Guess Needville's defense is better but the offense can't put the ball in the endzone. I think Wharton will have it's hands full with Sealy next week

speedbump
09-28-2013, 08:46 AM
I still can't get over Wharton scoring only 32 points against Needville and score was 15-3 at halftime. Guess Needville's defense is better but the offense can't put the ball in the endzone. I think Wharton will have it's hands full with Sealy next week

Wharton hasn't really faced a good defense yet. They will have to do that in district but Sealy isn't one of them. If Wahartons D shows up, Sealy shouldn't be a problem.

Pudlugger
09-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Wharton hasn't really faced a good defense yet. They will have to do that in district but Sealy isn't one of them. If Wahartons D shows up, Sealy shouldn't be a problem.

I disagree. Cuero held them to 23 and the Tigers barely squeeked by 23-22. The Wharton Sealy game will tell us a lot about both teams.

speedbump
09-28-2013, 09:13 AM
I disagree. Cuero held them to 23 and the Tigers barely squeeked by 23-22. The Wharton Sealy game will tell us a lot about both teams.

Right - I forgot about Cuero. Good defenses will bring the Tigers back down to earth.

WhartonTigers
09-30-2013, 08:25 AM
If you havent played Wharton, dont talk about them. Wait until you see them for yourself. They will surprise you. I suggest you work on coverage alot this week sealy. Krenek was on point last Friday. Starting to look like (Grissom) just a little bit slower, with a better arm. Great reads excellent passes.

Pudlugger
09-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Columbus was the only team that will catch Bellville looking ahead. Make no mistake. They will be hard to beat from this point on.

This is so predictable. Columbus demonstrates the imperfections of some folks' rankings and instead of acknowledging that they may actually be wrong they dismiss the evidence making excuses and rationalizations. Since day 1 the rankings on this board were heavily influenced by last year's records. Fortunately as we progress through the schedules we are seeing more and more unheralded teams emerge. Granted, many of the early picks will maintain their rankings but when a team fails to validate their rank and an upstart team emerges give credit where credit is due.

WhartonTigers
09-30-2013, 08:46 AM
I pray for the opportunity for Cuero to play Wharton again look for a much different outcome by playoff time. The Gobblers spotted Them 2 td’s and still almost pulled it out.
you guys dont have a chance now both defense and offense are much stronger...

YTBulldogs
09-30-2013, 09:32 AM

Don't forget faster. If that's possible.:wave:

OLE'BULL
09-30-2013, 09:59 AM
This is so predictable. Columbus demonstrates the imperfections of some folks' rankings and instead of acknowledging that they may actually be wrong they dismiss the evidence making excuses and rationalizations. Since day 1 the rankings on this board were heavily influenced by last year's records. Fortunately as we progress through the schedules we are seeing more and more unheralded teams emerge. Granted, many of the early picks will maintain their rankings but when a team fails to validate their rank and an upstart team emerges give credit where credit is due.

I dont think he is knocking Columbus, or at least I hope not. They were the better team Friday night. Bellville did not look the same defensively. It wasn't coaching either. We were in the right spots, we just didn't tackle well. That is not a problem we normally have, we are usually a very good tackling team. Columbus came out and believed they could win, and it showed. Their RB is a good one. Rankings shouldn't even be considered until about week 8 or 9. Did Bellville deserve to be ranked where they were? Absolutely. Like you said, it is based off of last years record mostly. Navasota will fall after getting beat by a good Fairfield team. Bellville will fall as well. Hopefully they dont get too wrapped up in the rankings now and just focus on getting to the playoffs. A win against Columbus would have almost guaranteed a playoff birth. We will know alot more about the Brahmas after this weeks game vs. El Campo.

Pudlugger
09-30-2013, 10:02 AM
I dont think he is knocking Columbus, or at least I hope not. They were the better team Friday night. Bellville did not look the same defensively. It wasn't coaching either. We were in the right spots, we just didn't tackle well. That is not a problem we normally have, we are usually a very good tackling team. Columbus came out and believed they could win, and it showed. Their RB is a good one. Rankings shouldn't even be considered until about week 8 or 9. Did Bellville deserve to be ranked where they were? Absolutely. Like you said, it is based off of last years record mostly. Navasota will fall after getting beat by a good Fairfield team. Bellville will fall as well. Hopefully they dont get too wrapped up in the rankings now and just focus on getting to the playoffs. A win against Columbus would have almost guaranteed a playoff birth. We will know alot more about the Brahmas after this weeks game vs. El Campo.

I agree. Very balanced viewpoint here.

OLE'BULL
09-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Just heard from a 100% reliable source that the officials have apologized to coach Rowe for calling the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Parker's screen play for a TD that was called back. They called the penalty on him because they thought he was high stepping, when the film showed he in fact WAS high stepping over a defender trying to tackle him at his legs. I am all for giving the officials a break on a missed pass interference or a missed hold. But to call that on a kid and not be 1000% sure is a terrible thing. You have the entire stands and coaching staff thinking he did something unsportsmanlike. I just can't comprehend how he could miss the Columbus defender down at his legs trying to make a tackle. Oh well, it won't change the outcome but it is good to know.

Manso/V8
09-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Just heard from a 100% reliable source that the officials have apologized to coach Rowe for calling the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Parker's screen play for a TD that was called back. They called the penalty on him because they thought he was high stepping, when the film showed he in fact WAS high stepping over a defender trying to tackle him at his legs. I am all for giving the officials a break on a missed pass interference or a missed hold. But to call that on a kid and not be 1000% sure is a terrible thing. You have the entire stands and coaching staff thinking he did something unsportsmanlike. I just can't comprehend how he could miss the Columbus defender down at his legs trying to make a tackle. Oh well, it won't change the outcome but it is good to know.

I wish you a video of that.

How do officials apologize to coaches?
Do they call directly, or was it the result of an inquiry through UIL or something?
Maybe some refs on the board can explain how that happens.

OLE'BULL
09-30-2013, 09:13 PM
I wish you a video of that.

How do officials apologize to coaches?
Do they call directly, or was it the result of an inquiry through UIL or something?
Maybe some refs on the board can explain how that happens.

So do I. I don't know if Rowe saw it and sent it to them or what. I am sure officials review game film, or at least look at a couple of the calls they made.

Scoop27
09-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Listening to the final minutes of this game on KULM was so exciting. The announcers were really into it

Manso/V8
09-30-2013, 11:31 PM
Listening to the final minutes of this game on KULM was so exciting. The announcers were really into it

It was especially exciting for the Cardinal fans since Bellville has dominated them the last couple of years.
The Cardinals ran over the Brahmas like a freight train in 2010.

Blue42
09-30-2013, 11:43 PM

I hope this game happens but with both of us winning our districts and the Tigers losing to LaGrange right out the gate it won’t happen.

YTBulldogs
09-30-2013, 11:50 PM
I hope this game happens but with both of us winning our districts and the Tigers losing to LaGrange right out the gate it won’t happen.

Ya'll wrapped it up already Blue? Didn't think district started yet.

Blue42
10-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Yep I can be a smart a$$ this year oldest graduated youngest on 8th grade don’t have a kid on varsity yet so I don’t deem it bad luck to talk trash. And I always like to get into the D25 stuff lot of interesting folks . and Yes Cuero will win

YTBulldogs
10-01-2013, 12:38 AM
Yep I can be a smart a$$ this year oldest graduated youngest on 8th grade don’t have a kid on varsity yet so I don’t deem it bad luck to talk trash. And I always like to get into the D25 stuff lot of interesting folks . and Yes Cuero will win

Ya'll are good. I will give ya that much. Some good teams yet to come your way. We will be around now that we are getting healthy. Not sure we are in ya'lls league I guess. Good to see the Gob's back.

YTBulldogs
10-01-2013, 12:40 AM

Also, your not being a smart ass. If you got it, flaunt it I say.

Blue42
10-01-2013, 12:43 AM
According to the top 25 we should have our district wrapped up as D-26 only had LaGrange in the top 25 under Ingleside and we beat Ingleside at their place so my powers of deduction tell me we win District

Blue42
10-01-2013, 12:46 AM
Ya'll are good. I will give ya that much. Some good teams yet to come your way. We will be around now that we are getting healthy. Not sure we are in ya'lls league I guess. Good to see the Gob's back.

The DAWGS are always in our league no matter who is up or down always a great game

hookandladder
10-01-2013, 06:18 AM

I am with you on not having a kid on this years Lep team, if we beat Gonzales first game in District then I say we run the table in District. A little wager might be what we need, you guys come to our house this year for the last game of the year and we will be hanging the Lep flag for a victory and District championship. Back to Back.

Pudlugger
10-01-2013, 07:55 AM
According to the top 25 we should have our district wrapped up as D-26 only had LaGrange in the top 25 under Ingleside and we beat Ingleside at their place so my powers of deduction tell me we win District

Holly smoke! Blue42 thinks because some nincompoop ranked Ingleside over La Grange in some irrelevant poll that that means Cuero will beat the Leps and win district.:doh:

YTBulldogs
10-01-2013, 08:07 AM
if we beat Gonzales first game in District then I say we run the table in District.

I has thinking the same thing if we get past SV on opening night Hook.:tisk:

WhartonTigers
10-01-2013, 08:25 AM

Too bad Wharton is the 3rd or 4th smallest school in this district, So JIC we do win district you still wouldnt see us, La Grange would go Div. I, we will automatically be Div. II because of El Campo, Bellville and Columbus all have more students than us. But dont get it twisted WE AINT SCARED OF NOBODY. 5-0 1-0

Pudlugger
10-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Too bad Wharton is the 3rd or 4th smallest school in this district, So JIC we do win district you still wouldnt see us, La Grange would go Div. I, we will automatically be Div. II because of El Campo, Bellville and Columbus all have more students than us. But dont get it twisted WE AINT SCARED OF NOBODY. 5-0 1-0

If Giddings makes it to the Playoffs and Gonzales makes it then, if the Leps make it they go DII. Giddings is the second largest school in D26. The Leps are third behind Gonzales and Giddings.

Blue42
10-01-2013, 11:59 PM

Heck it wouldn't matter if it were Smithville 1 and done Wharton needs to lose 2 games in district so we can match up again .the only flag that will be flying in LaGrange after they play Cuero will be the white surrender flag

Manso/V8
10-02-2013, 12:09 AM
All these D26 posters hanging out in a D25 thread.
I can sense the envy.

Manso/V8
10-02-2013, 01:31 AM
If Giddings makes it to the Playoffs and Gonzales makes it then, if the Leps make it they go DII. Giddings is the second largest school in D26. The Leps are third behind Gonzales and Giddings.

So, all but two teams make the playoffs in D26 this year?

Pudlugger
10-02-2013, 07:16 AM
So, all but two teams make the playoffs in D26 this year?

We don't make the rules we just follow them. As for Blue42, the Leps will be ready for Cuero in week 10 that you can count on. This Leopard team is the best we have seen in LG since 2009 and maybe a little better.

Pudlugger
10-02-2013, 07:18 AM
All these D26 posters hanging out in a D25 thread.
I can sense the envy.

No just that most of out teams are in a bye week so naturally our attention shifts to D25 as we will face them in the first round of the playoffs. It works both ways you know. I plan on catching the BV-EC game Friday to satisfy my 3a football habit.

WhartonTigers
10-02-2013, 08:16 AM
No just that most of out teams are in a bye week so naturally our attention shifts to D25 as we will face them in the first round of the playoffs. It works both ways you know. I plan on catching the BV-EC game Friday to satisfy my 3a football habit.

Last year you guys were saying this and we SWEPT DISTRICT 26, what makes you think you guys are strong enough to compete with D25?

Pudlugger
10-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Last year you guys were saying this and we SWEPT DISTRICT 26, what makes you think you guys are strong enough to compete with D25?

Dude where in my quote did I say anything about possible outcomes between these two districts? It seems that some Wharton posters are really stinking up the DownLow with this pantload of smack talk pouring out on this thread. A courtesy flush would be appreciated.

Manso/V8
10-02-2013, 01:27 PM

I know,, I am just kidding. I am glad to have you guys around for your perspective, the occaisional light-hearted banter, and I support D26 teams in all sports if/when they bypass D25 teams in the playoffs.

WhartonTigers
10-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Dude where in my quote did I say anything about possible outcomes between these two districts? It seems that some Wharton posters are really stinking up the DownLow with this pantload of smack talk pouring out on this thread. A courtesy flush would be appreciated.

GET OUT OF YOUR FEELINGS. this is just friendly debate man..Last Year around this time D26 swore they were on top of D25, after everyone of the D26 teams were sent home in the first round, you would think you guys would have a little more respect for our district nd would want to see another district before us.

Pudlugger
10-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Ahh, OK whatever...:vrycnfsd:

speedbump
10-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Ahh, OK whatever...:vrycnfsd:

You have to give him a bit of a break. He doesn't know quite how to act like he's been their before - cause he hasn't. Unless he's old enough to remember 1950.

maestro
10-02-2013, 05:03 PM
I would be happy if he just remembered the late 1970s.

But that's the new wharton. No history before 2000.

Ha

But I've posted that wharton's classes 9-12 are filled with as much talent as they've had IN A WHILE.

Coach Finn and his OC can really piece it together....so far...

Much like the Houston Texans...wharton stares down defeat two of the five weeks....so it's not like they're invincible.

maestro
10-02-2013, 05:08 PM
You have to give him a bit of a break. He doesn't know quite how to act like he's been their before - cause he hasn't. Unless he's old enough to remember 1950.

I don't believe this is a player...that's a relief...I believe the players are more humble and hard working and not the " old wharton " of trash talking.

Finn has a handle on that

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
10-03-2013, 10:27 AM
will this game have an online radio broadcast?