PDA

View Full Version : 3ADL SOLD - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Please Read

Administrator
09-21-2013, 12:24 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
3A Downlow Sold to Chuck Licata of Chuck Licata, LLC

Austin, Texas – September 21, 2013: 3ADownlow owners Matt Arnold and Val Brown have sold the 3A Downlow (www.3adownlow.com) to Chuck Licata, owner of Chuck Licata, LLC, effective September 21, 2013.

“I’m sincerely honored to become part of the long and storied history of 3ADownlow,” Licata stated. “The web site reaches and makes an impact in so many communities it was only a natural to combine the efforts with the site with my other holdings, including K-MAC Sports broadcasting.

“More importantly, though, there had been talk of 3ADownlow dissolving. But Matt and Val didn’t want to see that happen and reached out to a select few in hopes of keeping the web site going. I’m so proud I can be one of the people to head up a contingency to carry on the history of this great web site.”

The leaving owners are ecstatic the fine web site – and its tie-in to the Class 3A communities – will continue.

“Matt and I are in a different phase in our life and we just don’t have the time to run the site anymore,” Val Brown revealed. “About a year ago, Matt and I started talking about who could possibly take over the site and keep the tradition of our site going. It was so important that whomever took over the site be ‘vested’ in keeping up the fine traditions.

“We had a short list of people and Chuck was one of them. We believe he – along with Deb Terry, B.J. Walters and the other Administrators on the site – have the passion to not only continue the site but will make improvements to bring the reach of 3AdownLow up to current social standards.”

Deb Terry (one of the long-time moderators) and B.J. Walters (long-time play-by-play broadcaster) will head up efforts of the web site.

“I couldn’t have done this – and wouldn’t have done this – without Deb, B.J. and the other administrators,” Licata said. “Deb and her crew have a lot of passion for the site and are truly vested in keeping the site alive, as well as improving it.

“B.J. brings not only a youthful enthusiasm to the site but broadcast expertise that can not only help the site grow but – combined with K-MAC Sports – lay a foundation to reach a good portion of the 3ADownlow communities. We want that for the web site.”

Licata indicated Llano sports legend and longtime broadcaster Lance Center will also be involved with the running and promotion of the web site. "We want everyone's input, feedback and ideas on the web site moving forward. Folks can e-mail me at chuck@kmacsports.com or reach Deb Terry on the site."

“The new ownership will allow K-MAC Sports and 3ADL to thrive with new features and services in the coming future,” Arnold said.

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2013, 01:38 PM
I'll post a picture tomorrow. :)

44INAROW
09-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Congrats Chuck, Debbie and BJ...... Looking forward to a long relationship on the 3A Downlow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OldBison75
09-21-2013, 03:01 PM
I would like to say that in the few years I have been associated with this site I have had the pleasure of meeting some wonderful football fans and learn so much about football in other parts of the state. I appreciate all the efforts of the owners of this site, old and new, for making this a fun and informative forum for us fans. I know that the future will be bright with this new group and the dedication of the old hands that will be continuing the fun. Thanks for all you folks that help make this a great site.

TheDOCTORdre
09-21-2013, 05:10 PM
The Downlow is way more than just a site or forums, its family. I don't post to much around here but I'm still lurking and its good to know that the DL is in good hands for the future

SHSBulldog00
09-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Congrat's Chuck,

The Downlow is in good hands for the future.:clap:

1st and goal
09-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Congrats Chuck, Deb and crew. Looking forward to the future!

regaleagle
09-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Sounds like a dream come true transfer of the flag to me. I don't know any of the owners or administrators....just how great it is to have this site for 3A football fans in Texas. I've been following and posting on this site for about 7 years now, and I'd be at a loss for keeping my passion of 3A football alive without it. This site also provides other sports discussions along with non-sports discussions to keep many viewers and posters connected with each other in the healthy exchange of ideas and opinions. Congrats to 3aDL for being as American as apple pie. OOPS.....now I want some pie, lol.

LHPfactory
09-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Good go hear, What ever Chuck does involving sports he does it well, The Downlow is in good hands.

bobcat1
09-21-2013, 10:31 PM
Nice! Good news indeed. Thanks to all involved.

MUSTANG69
09-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Not surprising considering the hints left in the Donation thread. Congrats to the new owner.

slpybear the bullfan
09-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Congrats Chuck! Hope you do well with this and think that the future looks good.

Deb, BJ, as always, let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.

Phantom Stang
09-23-2013, 12:05 PM
I'm glad the 3ADL was sold to someone who has been around here long enough to know the "pulse" of the site.
Congrats !!:)

caleb_mccaig
09-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Known BJ for awhile now, he does a great show.