PDA

View Full Version : Lampasas @ Fredericksburg

regaleagle
09-20-2013, 02:42 PM
The Battlin' Billies of Fredericksburg(2-1) are scheduled to host the Lampasas Badgers(1-2) tonite at Battlin' Billie Stadium. I don't know what the immediate outlook for the game is right this moment, but Fred did have about 3 inches of rain on their natural grass field in the last 24 hrs....at least 1 1/2 of that coming in the last several hours. The Billies dropped their season opener to a good Burnet squad 40-27(I saw that game), but then defeated SA Memorial(2-1) 57-14 and Brady(1-2) 34-6. Lampasas has lost there last two games after opening the season with a big win over Smithville(0-3) 47-6. They lost to a very good Lorena team last week 35-6, and to Austin Travis the week before that by a score of 55-28. Suffice it to say the Badgers have played tougher competition than has the Battlin' Billies. I look for both teams to be fairly equally matched in this game tonite....if they play it tonite. The weather may come into play on this one....but I'm expecting the Billies to be better mudders in their home stadium against this year's Badger team from Lampasas. It should be a hard-fought close contest that is low-scoring. The front seems to be blowing thru here now, so I suspect this game will happen on schedule.