PDA

View Full Version : Hirschi @ Decatur

5wide
09-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Hirschi has surprised me with the scores they've been putting up. Is that a sign of how good they are? Weak opponents? Or a combo of both?

Bullaholic
09-20-2013, 01:02 PM
I think the combo idea is probably pretty close. Hirschi has always had some outstanding athletes, but has lacked dedication. Looks like they may on their way, and unfortunately for you, I don't think the Eagles will get by them tonight the way their offense is clicking.

regaleagle
09-20-2013, 01:04 PM
I would probably put Decatur as middle of the road, bordering on weakness this season, but making the playoffs in District 9. I believe Hirschi would have trouble with a team like Vernon this season. But yes, there's no doubt they are much improved this season. That district can now expect them to make the playoffs, imo. In District 10, I would put Carrollton Ranchview as a mirror image of this Hirschi squad this season as far as years in the cellar and suddenly rising up from the grave into the open air of playoff football.

Slick50
09-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Anxious to see how much Hirschi can put up in this one, they really havent played anyone yet.

5wide
09-20-2013, 10:20 PM
I think the combo idea is probably pretty close. Hirschi has always had some outstanding athletes, but has lacked dedication. Looks like they may on their way, and unfortunately for you, I don't think the Eagles will get by them tonight the way their offense is clicking.

Proved ya wrong Bullaholic

Bullaholic
09-20-2013, 10:57 PM
Proved ya wrong Bullaholic

Yep--nice win for the Eagles. There's only one game I am sure you guys are going to lose. :D

5wide
09-20-2013, 11:05 PM
Yep--nice win for the Eagles. There's only one game I am sure you guys are going to lose. :D

It will be a good one!

Phantom Stang
09-20-2013, 11:42 PM
The outcome of this one surprised me.
Congrats to the Eagles!

hollywood
09-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Score?

5wide
09-20-2013, 11:56 PM
45-29 Decatur

hollywood
09-20-2013, 11:57 PM
45-29 Decatur

:clap:

Congrats Decatur! Solid win!

regaleagle
09-21-2013, 04:45 AM
I would probably put Decatur as middle of the road, bordering on weakness this season, but making the playoffs in District 9. I believe Hirschi would have trouble with a team like Vernon this season. But yes, there's no doubt they are much improved this season. That district can now expect them to make the playoffs, imo. In District 10, I would put Carrollton Ranchview as a mirror image of this Hirschi squad this season as far as years in the cellar and suddenly rising up from the grave into the open air of playoff football.

Apparently Decatur has turned the corner now, or Hirschi has played some "weak" opponents. If any posters from Decatur saw the game, which was it??? This score was not expected by most, but most have been wrong before this early in the season, lol. Me included. Methinks District 9 is somewhat set in the playoff teams, just not the order. I look at Krum as the odd man out this season, but again.....I could be wrong about them. Traditionally, Decatur and Bridgeport have a resume that Krum just doesn't....yet. I think Gainesville is a quality team and the definite favorite in this district, as most will agree. Sanger is the darkhorse team, and they will be a tough out for all other teams in the district, imo.

Eagle11
09-21-2013, 11:00 AM
looks like you missed on this one. once again they started off slow on both sides of the ball. WF has some great athletes but still have a problem when they get down.

Eagle11
09-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Apparently Decatur has turned the corner now, or Hirschi has played some "weak" opponents. If any posters from Decatur saw the game, which was it??? This score was not expected by most, but most have been wrong before this early in the season, lol. Me included. Methinks District 9 is somewhat set in the playoff teams, just not the order. I look at Krum as the odd man out this season, but again.....I could be wrong about them. Traditionally, Decatur and Bridgeport have a resume that Krum just doesn't....yet. I think Gainesville is a quality team and the definite favorite in this district, as most will agree. Sanger is the darkhorse team, and they will be a tough out for all other teams in the district, imo.
I think its a little of both. the boys are coming together as a team for the first time in years. not sure it will payoff with a deep run in the playoffs but its nice to see them playing this way. The D is picking up the O when needed and the O is doing the same. For some reason it takes our team a couple of drives to get going. Gainesville is still the team to beat but lookout for Decatur and Sanger this year. Bridgeport and Krum will be fighting for the last playoff spot. Sanger and Decatur will be the big schools in the playoffs this year.

Eagle11
09-22-2013, 08:18 AM
Anxious to see how much Hirschi can put up in this one, they really havent played anyone yet.
they only had two drives that resulted in scores. the other was a long KO return to the 5 and the last was on the back ups with seconds remaining. they have a ton of talent but still have problems when you put a lot of pressure on them. they over pursue and with a little misdirection its easy to take advantage of them. im sure they will be in the playoffs this years. good luck to them

Eagle11
09-25-2013, 11:12 AM
they only had two drives that resulted in scores. the other was a long KO return to the 5 and the last was on the back ups with seconds remaining. they have a ton of talent but still have problems when you put a lot of pressure on them. they over pursue and with a little misdirection its easy to take advantage of them. im sure they will be in the playoffs this years. good luck to them
they play krum this week and i think they will be back to putting up some big numbers.