PDA

View Full Version : Why is liberty's 10-0 seem void

AggieJohn
11-04-2003, 03:18 PM
So liberty goes 10-0 why does it seem like then that it's void in all other polls....why can't they get the love that kennedale and burnet get....just a food for thought

shellman54
11-04-2003, 04:10 PM
Strength of schedule. they have only played two teams this year with winning records, and the cumulative record of those nine teams is 26-53. take away huffman and bh, and the record drops to 13-48. that might be one reason why.

JasperDog94
11-04-2003, 04:15 PM
Some polls take into consideration "playmakers". I don't know much about Liberty this year so I don't know if you guys have some good playmakers. Take Marlin and Jasper for example. Both teams have lost some games, but most people know that they were missing a stud runningback. That makes all the difference in the world. If Burnet were to lose McGee and still have won all their games, I don't know that they would still be ranked number 1. Just my .02 cents.

BHKrystal06
11-04-2003, 04:19 PM
I have to give a hand to Liberty. They are doing extremely well this year. Good luck to Liberty in the future from everyone here at Barbers Hill.

AggieJohn
11-05-2003, 03:28 AM
maybe true...liberty has a stud linebacker...and their runningback they use is soph i think so he'll be known for sure....he stiffarms with the best of them..guess there's not just any press for liberty...e.xcept of course the liberty vindicator

pgamgt1982
11-05-2003, 05:00 AM
Liberty will be heard loud and clear after this year's run is over. I too, wonder why Liberty does not receive the respect of polls, sports analysts, and or whomever pays attention to Texas Highschool Football at the 3A level. Not only does it seem as if Liberty is "IN" the playoffs every year, but there is a current streak going for the Panthers. I am not positively sure on this, but I'd bet to say the Panthers have made the playoffs oh. 15 of the last 20 years. Now, you could consider the simple fact of " We have not won any state championships", but is that really the respectable, considerate, appropriate thing to imply? I guess so, if that is all that matters. I am sure there are teams in the TOP 10 on most every poll that have not WON a state title in the past 20 years, but ask "Why are they ranked so high"? Schedule strength, another determining factor, although if you take and look at last years run into the playoffs Liberty's stats, record, nor capability would even be considered compared upon this years team. Everyone knows that Bellville squeezed by Liberty last year, well....take away a few starters that were replaced considerably well, and compare the better QB, RB, and receivers as this year's team and you have a somewhat favorable ranking, correct? Hmmmm, Just some things to remember. I can promise you this, Bellville VS Liberty in 2003 is very probable, and I am not so sure B-ville will slip away this year.

Thoughts????

St. Ivender
11-05-2003, 09:06 AM
I am sure area 3A coaches have respect for Liberty. Look at Dayton in 4A. They lost to an extremely inferior team in Channelview because they had 6 turnovers and 2 went for scores. My point is it is very difficult to go through the year undefeated no matter how strong your schedule is. Cudos to Liberty.
I would not be surprised to see the Panthers in a Quarterfinal match-up with Newton if they can get by Groesbeck and Marlin (if that is the path they take).

AggieJohn
11-05-2003, 03:56 PM
St. Ivender:
I am sure area 3A coaches have respect for Liberty. Look at Dayton in 4A. They lost to an extremely inferior team in Channelview because they had 6 turnovers and 2 went for scores. My point is it is very difficult to go through the year undefeated no matter how strong your schedule is. Cudos to Liberty.
I would not be surprised to see the Panthers in a Quarterfinal match-up with Newton if they can get by Groesbeck and Marlin (if that is the path they take).i think we go orangefield-la grange-marlin and then so on

Footballfan25
11-05-2003, 11:16 PM
Not sure if you want any of Bellville.

pgamgt1982:
Liberty will be heard loud and clear after this year's run is over. I too, wonder why Liberty does not receive the respect of polls, sports analysts, and or whomever pays attention to Texas Highschool Football at the 3A level. Not only does it seem as if Liberty is "IN" the playoffs every year, but there is a current streak going for the Panthers. I am not positively sure on this, but I'd bet to say the Panthers have made the playoffs oh. 15 of the last 20 years. Now, you could consider the simple fact of " We have not won any state championships", but is that really the respectable, considerate, appropriate thing to imply? I guess so, if that is all that matters. I am sure there are teams in the TOP 10 on most every poll that have not WON a state title in the past 20 years, but ask "Why are they ranked so high"? Schedule strength, another determining factor, although if you take and look at last years run into the playoffs Liberty's stats, record, nor capability would even be considered compared upon this years team. Everyone knows that Bellville squeezed by Liberty last year, well....take away a few starters that were replaced considerably well, and compare the better QB, RB, and receivers as this year's team and you have a somewhat favorable ranking, correct? Hmmmm, Just some things to remember. I can promise you this, Bellville VS Liberty in 2003 is very probable, and I am not so sure B-ville will slip away this year.

Thoughts????

pgamgt1982
11-06-2003, 03:06 AM
I'm sure they want all Bellville has to give after being disappointed last year. Why so confident? Do you believe that you will be stopped in the playoffs, or do you feel as if there will be no team to stand in your way?
Liberty definitely has the capability of winning a state championship with these Juniors. I hope that we do get the "re-match" this year. A lot of people would be looking forward to it.

Holla'

3AFTNUT
11-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Dont look so far ahead one game at a time