PDA

View Full Version : District 25 Rankings through week 3?

WhartonTigers
09-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Who will be the four teams to advance to the Playoffs? I'm going with 1.Wharton 2. Bellville 3. El Campo 4. Sealy

OLE'BULL
09-17-2013, 01:45 PM
I still think its too early to tell for me. I am 100% sure you are right about the top 3 teams going, just not sure about the order. Of course being a homer I have to pick the Brahmas for the 1 spot, then a tight race between EC and Wharton for 2 & 3. I also think that Columbus MIGHT be able to sneak in the 4th spot in front of Sealy (I would love to see that). I think we will know more in the next 2-3 weeks. Good luck to all!

Weebe
09-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Who will be the four teams to advance to the Playoffs? I'm going with 1.Wharton 2. Bellville 3. El Campo 4. Sealy

I agree with this order. This is the most down year that El Campo has had in many years and they have had a rash of early season injuries to compound it.

If Gillis can win the district this year, it would be a better coaching job than he did last year.

OLE'BULL
09-17-2013, 02:13 PM
I agree with this order. This is the most down year that El Campo has had in many years and they have had a rash of early season injuries to compound it.

If Gillis can win the district this year, it would be a better coaching job than he did last year.

I honestly think EC or Bellville has a better shot at a DC than Wharton.

Weebe
09-17-2013, 02:16 PM
I honestly think EC or Bellville has a better shot at a DC than Wharton.

El Campo has beaten Wharton 12 years in a row and won 21 out of the last 23. But again, this is as down as El Campo has been in probably 10 years.

OLE'BULL
09-17-2013, 02:23 PM
El Campo has beaten Wharton 12 years in a row and won 21 out of the last 23. But again, this is as down as El Campo has been in probably 10 years.

I dont think a team can fall that far if they played for a State Championship the previous year. Think of all of the extra experience the players that didnt graduate got? They have played in big games, can handle the pressure, etc. I guess we will see in a couple of weeks

SintonFan_inAustin
09-17-2013, 02:29 PM

Still got size at the lines?

BEAST
09-17-2013, 02:29 PM
I dont think a team can fall that far if they played for a State Championship the previous year. Think of all of the extra experience the players that didnt graduate got? They have played in big games, can handle the pressure, etc. I guess we will see in a couple of weeks

It depends on how many Sr starters they lost off of that team. Experience is great but if the players were 2nd teamers last years run does not equal success this year.

BEAST

OLE'BULL
09-17-2013, 03:13 PM
It depends on how many Sr starters they lost off of that team. Experience is great but if the players were 2nd teamers last years run does not equal success this year.

BEAST

They lost alot of starters. I think they only returned 3 starters this year now that I think about it. I dont know, I would just think that being around a good team would rub off on some of them, but maybe not. Also, i would think that the backups probably got some experience throughout the season but could be wrong there...

BEAST
09-17-2013, 03:19 PM
They lost alot of starters. I think they only returned 3 starters this year now that I think about it. I dont know, I would just think that being around a good team would rub off on some of them, but maybe not. Also, i would think that the backups probably got some experience throughout the season but could be wrong there...

I hear what you are saying but sometimes all the experience doesnt help if they are simply not as talented as they were the previous year.

BEAST

OLE'BULL
09-17-2013, 03:47 PM
I hear what you are saying but sometimes all the experience doesnt help if they are simply not as talented as they were the previous year.

BEAST

Well I guess we will see how they turn out Weebe said this is the most down they have been in 10 years. It just seemed like a quick fall from grace to me...

Pudlugger
09-17-2013, 04:16 PM
I still think its too early to tell for me. I am 100% sure you are right about the top 3 teams going, just not sure about the order. Of course being a homer I have to pick the Brahmas for the 1 spot, then a tight race between EC and Wharton for 2 & 3. I also think that Columbus MIGHT be able to sneak in the 4th spot in front of Sealy (I would love to see that). I think we will know more in the next 2-3 weeks. Good luck to all!

Ole'Bull, I saw Columbus play against LG. They have some really fast athlete's and good size on the line. Their d is very quick to the ball as well. I think they have an excellent chance to get the 4th slot by beating Sealy. Maybe even better if they continue to improve under the new scheme of Coach V. We will know more after this Friday when they have Giddings at home.

speedbump
09-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Well I guess we will see how they turn out Weebe said this is the most down they have been in 10 years. It just seemed like a quick fall from grace to me...

Being down simply means they may lose a district game. They will be in the thick of it for sure. They have very good RBs but the O line and QB have been pretty weak so far. The good news is the defense and special teams will keep them in the games. If anybody in D-25 wants to beat them, they better get it done this year. The chances for the next three years will be pretty slim.

Pudlugger
09-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Being down simply means they may lose a district game. They will be in the thick of it for sure. They have very good RBs but the O line and QB have been pretty weak so far. The good news is the defense and special teams will keep them in the games. If anybody in D-25 wants to beat them, they better get it done this year. The chances for the next three years will be pretty slim.

Yeah, El Campo is the only team in Region IV that rebuilds or improves from year to year I guess...NOT.

maestro
09-17-2013, 05:04 PM

In that order??

Homers aren't allowed on this board.

Haha

speedbump
09-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Yeah, El Campo is the only team in Region IV that rebuilds or improves from year to year I guess...NOT.

Yea,but rebuilding or improving from where they start is a little different from where most of the teams in D-25,26 start.

Weebe
09-17-2013, 06:58 PM
If anybody in D-25 wants to beat them, they better get it done this year. The chances for the next three years will be pretty slim.

I agree.

Pudlugger
09-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Yea,but rebuilding or improving from where they start is a little different from where most of the teams in D-25,26 start.

It all has to do with the talent. If the talent in the sub varsity teams is there than teams will rebuild and be successful. With El Campo's enrollment numbers that works in their favor. However, there are several programs in D25 and D26 and in the area (considering the new alignments in 2014) that have consistently been successful from year to year. That being said, all programs are susceptible to talent droughts from time to time. I have no doubt that EC will be good in the next year, maybe even better, but there will always be tough competition. This year EC started with 3 returning starters but next year they will have several more so if that's your point I get it.

speedbump
09-17-2013, 08:27 PM
ECs JV and freshman teams were both 9-1 last year. Each lost to 4A Foster. So far this season they are both undefeated. There is a ton of talent on the way and losing to EC for the next couple of years won't mean a program is not successful. It will simply mean they got beat by a better team.

OLE'BULL
09-17-2013, 08:33 PM
Ole'Bull, I saw Columbus play against LG. They have some really fast athlete's and good size on the line. Their d is very quick to the ball as well. I think they have an excellent chance to get the 4th slot by beating Sealy. Maybe even better if they continue to improve under the new scheme of Coach V. We will know more after this Friday when they have Giddings at home.

Yep, that's what I figured. Columbus might surprise somebody. As long as its not the Brahmas I am good with that!

Scoop27
09-17-2013, 10:34 PM
http://lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=1783&B=967&REC=21-63-4&S=
Missing years 2001-2003
Does anyone know these scores?

Weebe
09-17-2013, 11:19 PM
http://lonestargridiron.com/2012/10/16/wharton-tigers-6-1-3-0-el-campo-ricebirds-6-0-2-0/

WhartonTigers
09-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Yeah they have and last year would have been different but our(Wharton) star quaterback(Bartee Grissom) played the entire game with a broken fibula. Things will be very different this year. Wharton has even more speed than last years squad that held the Ricebirds to a season low 17 points.

Scoop27
09-18-2013, 04:25 PM
The Tigers just need to iron out bad snaps between center and quarterback and eliminate penalties- At least that's been two of their downfalls this year. They are both correctable. Coach Finn has down a great job. The Tigers defensive effort in the second half of last weeks game was terrific.

Weebe
09-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Yeah they have and last year would have been different but our(Wharton) star quaterback(Bartee Grissom) played the entire game with a broken fibula.

Please

maestro
09-18-2013, 07:00 PM
Please

I agree

Enough

Pudlugger
09-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Bellville, EC, Wharton, and Columbus would be the way I see it.

WhartonTigers
09-19-2013, 08:16 AM
Please

Dude you guys only scored 17 points, this year i cant wait to see how the speed of wharton will spread your defense out. And finn will find your worst d back and pick on him like he did west columbia's ends and backers. No team around this area has as many speedsters as Wharton. SPEED KILLS.

bird_fan
09-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Dude you guys only scored 17 points, this year i cant wait to see how the speed of wharton will spread your defense out. And finn will find your worst d back and pick on him like he did west columbia's ends and backers. No team around this area has as many speedsters as Wharton. SPEED KILLS.
Neither Wharton nor Coach Finn has been able to beat a Gillis coached Team
I cant count teams with superior speed EC has beaten with Gillis at yhe helm

WhartonTigers
09-19-2013, 01:31 PM
Neither Wharton nor Coach Finn has been able to beat a Gillis coached Team
I cant count teams with superior speed EC has beaten with Gillis at yhe helm

See ya for Homecoming....

bird_fan
09-19-2013, 01:39 PM
See ya for Homecoming....
hey I like you also like your Wharton pirde
Im Just as proud of the Ricebirds
Do you remember whenDo you remember when EC refered to Wharton as the River Rats and they called us the mud hens LOL

WhartonTigers
09-19-2013, 01:48 PM
oh yeah you here it here nd there sometimes!

Weebe
09-19-2013, 01:55 PM

Y'all had 129 yards of offense and only scored because El Campo turned it over inside their own territory the first two times they touched the ball.

If you noticed, I already said that this is the year, if any, that Wharton has a chance to beat El Campo. Wharton has always had speed. That's not the problem. They have only recently had coaches who could marginally control the idiots. That's why they have improved.

hookandladder
09-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Y'all had 129 yards of offense and only scored because El Campo turned it over inside their own territory the first two times they touched the ball.

If you noticed, I already said that this is the year, if any, that Wharton has a chance to beat El Campo. Wharton has always had speed. That's not the problem. They have only recently had coaches who could marginally control the idiots. That's why they have improved.

Control the idiots, is that really neccessary. Wow.

Weebe
09-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Control the idiots, is that really neccessary. Wow.

You obviously don't know much about Wharton schools. Many of the people who work there either live elsewhere or live there and send their kids to other schools.

Wright brought discipline back to the program and Finn is doing a good job of maintaining it.

hookandladder
09-19-2013, 02:59 PM
You obviously don't know much about Wharton schools. Many of the people who work there either live elsewhere or live there and send their kids to other schools.

Wright brought discipline back to the program and Finn is doing a good job of maintaining it.

I understand they have issues, I also have some very good friends that live there and their kids go to school there. I do not think anybody would like to here people calling their kids idiots, yes there are bad apples everywhere and I am sure there are some at EC also.

Weebe
09-19-2013, 03:02 PM
I understand they have issues, I also have some very good friends that live there and their kids go to school there. I do not think anybody would like to here people calling their kids idiots, yes there are bad apples everywhere and I am sure there are some at EC also.

No doubt. El Campo has some too. Gillis doesn't let them control the program.

speedbump
09-19-2013, 03:13 PM
No doubt. El Campo has some too. Gillis doesn't let them control the program.

EC has one for sure. Don't know if he's still on the team though.

Weebe
09-19-2013, 03:20 PM
EC has one for sure. Don't know if he's still on the team though.

He was as of last Friday. I'm really surprised he has lasted.

speedbump
09-19-2013, 03:24 PM
He was as of last Friday. I'm really surprised he has lasted.

Didn't see the game. Was he on the sideline or still waiting for bail.

Weebe
09-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Didn't see the game. Was he on the sideline or still waiting for bail.

I wasn't there either, but I heard he was on the sideline.

WhartonTigers
09-20-2013, 09:33 AM

lol those idiots were in the top ten percent of their class, got scholarships before they even signed to play ball #3 Pinkney, #4 Frazier, #2 GRISSOM... IDIOTS???? i think not. How many guys from El Campo team last year went Div. I?? lol right!

WhartonTigers
09-20-2013, 09:34 AM
btw the star of the team played the ENTIRE game with a broken FIBULA... but like i said see you for homecoming.

maestro
09-20-2013, 10:21 AM
One of my favorite movie quotes is appropriate now...

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS !!!!!

maestro
09-20-2013, 10:22 AM
No way Wharton-El Campo is a rivalry game right??

Haha

The fires still burn in this rivalry.

WhartonTigers
09-20-2013, 10:33 AM
I guess El Campo forgets that they have dropped down from 4a! you guys should be killing everybody that comes your way, you have more students than any other school around here. But this year will show you how real 3A football is Bellville will stomp you, Wharton will beat you, and columbus might just upset you. so that would make you the 4 seed but still in Div.I playoff bracket.

Saggy Aggie
09-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Wharton had 3 guys go D1 last year?

maestro
09-20-2013, 11:12 AM
I had heard that one was at Sam Houston State....walk on or scholarship...

One went to Houston Baptist, but cannot find on roster??

And where did the qb and kicker end up?

Manso/V8
09-20-2013, 11:23 AM
lol those idiots were in the top ten percent of their class, got scholarships before they even signed to play ball #3 Pinkney, #4 Frazier, #2 GRISSOM... IDIOTS???? i think not. How many guys from El Campo team last year went Div. I?? lol right!

I am not from El Campo, but I know they had at least 2 players that went D1(FBS) last year.
Cole Hunt and Trey Martin are both on the Rice roster this year.

WhartonTigers
09-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Rb signed with sam houston on a full ride.... played cornerback but they moved him to rb because of his aggressivenes, LB is at HBU, Kicker is at Texas State on scholorship, and the Qb had a low act score so he went to Navarro this year, but will be at Texas Tech next year.

Saggy Aggie
09-20-2013, 01:41 PM
Rb signed with sam houston on a full ride.... played cornerback but they moved him to rb because of his aggressivenes, LB is at HBU, Kicker is at Texas State on scholorship, and the Qb had a low act score so he went to Navarro this year, but will be at Texas Tech next year.

Wait he didn't get into tech? ***. I thought everyone gets into tech lol

maestro
09-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Kicker is on Blinn's roster

maestro
09-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Qb not listed on navarro's roster.

speedbump
09-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Wait he didn't get into tech? ***. I thought everyone gets into tech lol

Evidently the top ten from Wharton don't.

Weebe
09-20-2013, 05:27 PM
No way Wharton-El Campo is a rivalry game right??

Haha

The fires still burn in this rivalry.

No one in El Campo thinks the game is a rivalry. Like I said, 12 in a row and 21 out if 23.

The only reason El Campo cares is because it is embarrassing to get beat by Wharton. It's like Rice beating the Univeristy if Texas.

Weebe
09-20-2013, 05:28 PM
I guess El Campo forgets that they have dropped down from 4a! you guys should be killing everybody that comes your way, you have more students than any other school around here. But this year will show you how real 3A football is Bellville will stomp you, Wharton will beat you, and columbus might just upset you. so that would make you the 4 seed but still in Div.I playoff bracket.

Well, we went

Weebe
09-20-2013, 05:30 PM

Well, we went to the state championship game last year and were 14-1. Remind me how Wharton has done since they dropped down from 3a.

Weebe
09-20-2013, 05:33 PM

Sure they are. All of the parents who care about their kids ship them over to El Campo.

hookandladder
09-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Well, we went to the state championship game last year and were 14-1. Remind me how Wharton has done since they dropped down from 3a.

You think Stephenville is already thinking they are going to have a down year in 3A, you would think a one year removed 4A team would be beating up on them little 3A teams. Do you not expect EC to make it to the Championship game this year, I mean you are in the weakest Region in the State as far as football goes. With the numbers you guys have and the Region you are in, anything but a long run to the Semi final at least should be considered a failure for the season for EC.

speedbump
09-20-2013, 06:42 PM
You think Stephenville is already thinking they are going to have a down year in 3A, you would think a one year removed 4A team would be beating up on them little 3A teams. Do you not expect EC to make it to the Championship game this year, I mean you are in the weakest Region in the State as far as football goes. With the numbers you guys have and the Region you are in, anything but a long run to the Semi final at least should be considered a failure for the season for EC.

What would you know about Stephenville?

Weebe
09-20-2013, 07:36 PM

I would have put us in the regional finals of 3a any of the last 5 years. Like I said, I think this is our weakest team in 10 years. It just happens to be our 2nd year in 3a.

I think we will probably be back in the region al finals next year and have a good shot the following year as well. No team can make it every year.

hookandladder
09-21-2013, 04:23 PM
So after Sealy and Smithville played 1 half and Sealy coming out on top 2-0 , do you guys still think Sealy will make the playoffs.

maestro
09-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Sealy not one or two....

But when ur talking 3-4 in district....anything can happen.

Especially if you have key games at home.

Old cliche to say all teams are 0-0 but it rings true.

Would have loved to see the Ricebirds play Foster. That would have given more info on how El Campo's young team is progressing.

Weebe
09-22-2013, 01:53 PM
El Campo has big injury issues. I'm guessing Gillis didn't reschedule for Saturday so he didn't have any more prior to district starting.

WhartonTigers
09-23-2013, 08:11 AM
Foster plays on Thursday this week so according to UIL rules the game couldnt be rescheduled due to lack of days in between games.

Weebe
09-23-2013, 08:30 AM
Foster plays on Thursday this week so according to UIL rules the game couldnt be rescheduled due to lack of days in between games.

Thanks

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-23-2013, 09:59 AM
So after Sealy and Smithville played 1 half and Sealy coming out on top 2-0 , do you guys still think Sealy will make the playoffs.

This game was raining so hard the whole game that you could not see the field.. i was surprised that we even got two points honestly... i couldn't fathom how they were even playing.. i literally couldn't see the field at some points

Manso/V8
09-23-2013, 11:45 AM
This game was raining so hard the whole game that you could not see the field.. i was surprised that we even got two points honestly... i couldn't fathom how they were even playing.. i literally couldn't see the field at some points

Was it on grass or turf?
They were playing in the rain, did they call it because it just started coming down too hard, lightning or field issues?

Manso/V8
09-23-2013, 07:43 PM
It annoys me when D25 threads aren't on the first page.........ttt.

Scoop27
09-23-2013, 08:48 PM
They showed how the rain was falling down so hard before the game on Channel 13 ABC of Houston for their game of the week. Cheerleaders were standing on the field. It was coming down in sheets. Then Bob Gillis and Foster coach were interviewed about canceling game for players safety

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Was it on grass or turf?
They were playing in the rain, did they call it because it just started coming down too hard, lightning or field issues?

Grass... neither teams have turf. and because of lightning.. it was ridiculous, i left at halftime and HW36 was completely flooded over at least 3 inches over the entire town

Manso/V8
09-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Grass... neither teams have turf. and because of lightning.. it was ridiculous, i left at halftime and HW36 was completely flooded over at least 3 inches over the entire town

How do the Tigers look this year?

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-25-2013, 09:58 AM
How do the Tigers look this year?

honestly i'd say we are pretty down. the new coaching staff has nothing on mitchell and the way he ran the program. the only upside to this year is the few stand out athletes on the team; wallace, einkauf, weido.. should be a good year tho. we shall see