PDA

View Full Version : La Vernia at Wimberley

rb585
09-17-2013, 11:48 AM
This is how you do it, ogg. :D

ogg
09-17-2013, 09:16 PM
This is how you do it, ogg. :D

Thanks man, first time I tried to do this and it locked me out. Couldn't complete it, edit or cancel.

LV_Bearfan
09-18-2013, 10:00 AM
This should be a very entertaining matchup.
There will probably be a rematch in the playoffs as usual.
Here's hoping the Bears have closed the gap with some new talent and a very experienced set of seniors.
I think it will be an extremely physical game.
Wish I could be there.

Snotbubbles
09-18-2013, 03:23 PM
That country singer Vince Gill pretty solid running back for the Bears. Bo will have them prepared. LV over WT, 42-28.

rb585
09-18-2013, 05:13 PM
This should be a very entertaining matchup.
There will probably be a rematch in the playoffs as usual.

It's less likely that there will be a rematch in the playoffs this season with the new 4-team format.

Gone Fishing
09-18-2013, 08:43 PM
It doesn't surprise me bulldog82 voted against us....lol......even after I said such nice things for Bandera!!! Anyway I think the Bears will have a hard time against the WT's mostly because of our defensive front line and linebackers. Unless things have changed over there they try to run only (last two years anyway) and look at the stats this year, you can't run against code red. If they have developed a good passing game then that could change things. I read 8 or 9 guys back on O this year and only 3 or 4 back on D. In the playoff game last year LV O was just horrible and Nelms pulled all starters out for the 4th quarter knowing that we would not give up any points and we won 20-0. But with that said,I will say LV D hung in there and shut us out in the second half. I am assuming they had a bunch of seniors with big hearts. I think LV has a lot of third year varsity guys on offense and we better be ready, plus we have injuries in some bad areas. I'm voting for WT' to offset BD82.. LOL

Pudlugger
09-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Coin flip game. Padilla has LV by 1. I'll go with that.

Gone Fishing
09-18-2013, 09:02 PM
WT's by 1....

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Bears by 1

ogg
09-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Texans by 1

ogg
09-18-2013, 09:59 PM
That country singer Vince Gill pretty solid running back for the Bears. Bo will have them prepared. LV over WT, 42-28.

Gave us more points this game, ha, we must be improving.

Snotbubbles
09-19-2013, 07:06 AM
Gave us more points this game, ha, we must be improving.

Bears match up against a team that likes to throw it more than Port Lavaca and Canyon Lake did. Which was none. Their "D" line has to feel better getting past those teams that love to pound ya, and they held their own really, for being under sized. They have some speed with their LB and secondary corp. I just see them matching up well against this Texan offensive team. Suits their "D" better. They are a quick D-unit and should be able to read and respond well to screen passes and the medium to deep ball. Very capable of playing man to man coverage, and will prevent the WR's from getting off the line clean.

Now, if the Texans would just pound them, I could see Wim winning a close one. But, don't see the Texan style "O" running it 90%.

ogg
09-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Wonder what La Vernia's offense is like this year.

Papá Oso
09-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Wonder what La Vernia's offense is like this year.

About like last year but with a better QB and a bigger line. Defense is probably a little better but close. Special teams have scored 4 or 5 td's so far this year in returns as well. The loss to a very good 4A Calhoun team was the first loss quite a few of the boys have had in a while, undefeated freshman and JV teams the last 2 years if I remember right including some pretty lopsided games against Wimberley. Our biggest lineman will be out about another month after a injury against Calhoun but the backup filled in well last week against CL. The Calhoun game was a lot closer than the score indicated, they scored 14 points in the last 90 seconds of the game to break open what had been a one score game. I expect a close one tonight and will take the bears by 7 but with the impending weather there's probably no telling how things are going to go. Safe travels to everyone that will be on the roads tonight its going to be nasty out.

PO

Papá Oso
09-20-2013, 10:19 AM
FYI, I believe the JV scored ended up 46-26 in favor of LV. Was really struck by the smaller size of Wimberley's line and RB's, was probably the first time I remember LV's lineman being bigger pretty much across the board. WT does have a good tall WR and him and the QB have the jump ball in the corner of the end zone play down, there was nothing our shorter cb's could do about it.

PO

Cam
09-20-2013, 12:31 PM
where's tejastrue??.....dangit!.....he's one of my favs.....:(.......if he don't come back I'm leavin' too!....

all right you wise-asses!....I felt your thoughts!!....:foul:.....

regaleagle
09-20-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm pm'd him earlier in the week with a plea for him to stay the course with 3aDL. I'm sure if Wimberley stays competitive this season and makes their run, he'll be back with his commentaries. One of the things a poster can expect in posting opinions and viewing others is that there will be SOME divurgence of viewpoints and even some misunderstandings of meanings. That kind of comes with the territory. I do understand people that are driven by their personal principles and a degree of ethics, though. I hope to see him back posting soon.....this forum welcomes and benefits from his viewpoints.

rb585
09-20-2013, 10:22 PM
That's the worst we've played in several years.

We were lucky to be only down 1 at the half, and Gill came out of the locker room barely able to walk... and then La Vernia proceeded to hand us our butts. #44 (Montgomery) is a beast. Congrats to the Bears.

jackofalltrades
09-20-2013, 10:41 PM
That's the worst we've played in several years.

We were lucky to be only down 1 at the half, and Gill came out of the locker room barely able to walk... and then La Vernia proceeded to hand us our butts. #44 (Montgomery) is a beast. Congrats to the Bears.
very well said and yes that was a good old fashioned whooping. i thought tape of last week's game would reveal a lot and i think that it did. still gave it all they had. props to la vernia. run weak, run weak run weak.

snaxet
09-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Weak effort on part of Texans. No intensity, no enthusiasm, and no blocking. We were very fortunate that it was not worse. Holding, Holding, Holding, illegal block, motion holding, penalty after penalty - Wouldn't call it an old fashioned whooping, but would say that La Vernia deserved to win. When you can't tackle on defense and can't block on offense, you are going to lose. Congratulations, La Vernia.

ogg
09-20-2013, 11:30 PM
Good to see Lambert back on the field. We have much work to do prior to district play. Good game La Vernia, , , , congrats-----got a good team this year.

Snotbubbles
09-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Kinda what I thought here. How about Bo and them Bears? Got them playing good ball. Run the rock, solid defense. Good luck to both teams moving forward.

Gone Fishing
09-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Weak effort on part of Texans. No intensity, no enthusiasm, and no blocking. We were very fortunate that it was not worse. Holding, Holding, Holding, illegal block, motion holding, penalty after penalty - Wouldn't call it an old fashioned whooping, but would say that La Vernia deserved to win. When you can't tackle on defense and can't block on offense, you are going to lose. Congratulations, La Vernia.

Good to see Lambert back on the field. We have much work to do prior to district play. Good game La Vernia, , , , congrats-----got a good team this year.

Kinda what I thought here. How about Bo and them Bears? Got them playing good ball. Run the rock, solid defense. Good luck to both teams moving forward.

Well its alot what I said earlier before the first game. We do not have a good O-line as a team ( a couple really good players) and our secondary is not good. Drip threw on us big time and then this week they can't tackle. Then our D-line and linebackers all played bad and that killed us. LV ran it "right down our throat". Period. They lost their starting running back right before half (he is good and I hope he is ok ) and then their backup ran it down our throat too as well as the QB. I said way back in the summer, that I was worried because we are lacking leaders that can lead the team. Maybe its just because we are so young, but you got to have guys that have an attitude or "swagger" out there!!! We used to say Blakemore was hurting the team with his PF's but hell I would like to see a little of that! In 2011 Jones , Alana , Mann and a few others almost got flagged everytime they made a big big play because they got up and let the other guy know it......" I just kicked your ace". I just don't think we have players like that now. The little #1 for LV is exactly my example. He got flagged once and should have gotten flagged one or two other times, but he was in there kicking ace the whole game and he probly didn't weigh a buck 50!!!! Also DB # 17 played aggressive too and obviously a bunch of other good players for LV , but that just stuck out in my mind. Where is a little "swagger" with our D guys? We got way out played, they ran it down our throats, beat us on special teams and THEN our offense was so plain Jane it was funny. Even when we had to hurry and score some points at the end, we ran the same two pass plays over and over. I was disappointed in our play.

As far as '"Good to see Lambert play " I think he was side lined after the first half and never came back in, I hope he is ok for district.

As far as you SB's , your spot on, even if I hate it......LOL...Congrats to LV, good luck the rest of the season.

Snotbubbles
09-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Call em like I see em Gone Fishing. Seen WT is Floresville, and again against Giddings and didn't see anything close to the Texans teams of the past. Lot's of gap's and play execution. Said it then, got hammered as expected. LOL. I also said they'd make the playoffs though. Short lived, by their standards, but--they'll get in.