PDA

View Full Version : What's missing in your town these days?

panfan
09-17-2013, 08:06 AM
As I drove by what used to be the community center and is now the LH City offices, I recalled an old man who used to sit out there every morning, well into the afternoon and wave to everyone who went by. Troy Joseph has since passed away, but that old blind man sitting out there every morning waving to every car that drove by was really cool.

Scoop27
09-17-2013, 11:43 AM
A lot of empty stores and building in downtown Wharton as I remember going to town in the 1950s growing up as a kid and there were crowded streets and booming busineses of all sorts. Nickel and dime stores, drug stores, Comic book and toy stores, Music stores, etc. Was a great time back then

caleb_mccaig
09-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Everything, Stephenville needs to get with the times and realize Tarleton isn't an extremely small school anymore. There aren't many restaurants here and I would kill for a Panda Express and a Chic-Fil-A

GrTigers6
09-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Everything, Stephenville needs to get with the times and realize Tarleton isn't an extremely small school anymore. There aren't many restaurants here and I would kill for a Panda Express and a Chic-Fil-A

And a Buffalo Wild Wings!

jason
09-17-2013, 01:09 PM
There is a chick-fil-a in the student center.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-17-2013, 01:53 PM
A lot of empty stores and building in downtown Wharton as I remember going to town in the 1950s growing up as a kid and there were crowded streets and booming busineses of all sorts. Nickel and dime stores, drug stores, Comic book and toy stores, Music stores, etc. Was a great time back thenBUCKEY is booming!! two weeks ago stop there on the way to Louisiana and back and both times it was packed inside and at the pumps. Normally would get fast food when stopping in that area but Buckey provides everything you need in one stop.

Cam
09-17-2013, 03:30 PM
I lost my mind in Burnet!...and I still can't find it!...:vrycnfsd:

Cam
09-17-2013, 03:37 PM
We need a paint disposal center....for them Liberty Hill folk who said they were gonna paint the town purple last year!.....poor fellas had to drag them cans back home with them!....Wonder if LHPfactory ever returned his paint cans???......:thinking:......I know, I know, you're savin' em' for this year........

panfan
09-17-2013, 03:39 PM
I lost my mind in Burnet!...and I still can't find it!...:vrycnfsd:

thats nothing new

Cam
09-17-2013, 03:42 PM
thats nothing new

:taunt:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-17-2013, 03:47 PM
We need a paint disposal center....for them Liberty Hill folk who said they were gonna paint the town purple last year!.....poor fellas had to drag them cans back home with them!....Wonder if LHPfactory ever returned his paint cans???......:thinking:......I know, I know, you're savin' em' for this year........They leave their cans at Inks Lake?

Cam
09-17-2013, 04:02 PM
They leave their cans at Inks Lake?

Dang!.....no wonder the fish has been tastin' kinda funny lately...like titanium dioxide or something!!....and them blue catfish have been lookin' more purplish these days!!......those sunsabitches!!!:flaming:

regaleagle
09-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Fredericksburg doesn't make it a practice to allow too many chain restaurants because the locals want to protect their businesses, but for a town of roughly 10,000 and at least several thousand tourists coming in weekly, there's a definite lack of eating venues. Don't tell anybody, but there's a new Whataburger approved to be built in the coming months....Hooray!!!. The Sonic is loaded at all times as is the MacDonalds , KFC, and Dairy Queen. That's about it for the chains....I think there's a Mr. Gatti's now on the Kerrville highway. Definitely gets old quick. But hey, that's tons more that Argyle has. But in Argyle you can drive about 10 mins. to Flower Mound and hit food heaven, lol.

lostaussie
09-17-2013, 04:07 PM
We have a new Punkins Lunchbox. I think it might be a chain:D

Pudlugger
09-17-2013, 04:12 PM
We need an In and Out.

hollywood
09-17-2013, 04:55 PM
A decent golf course

Steer81
09-17-2013, 07:48 PM
A new Football Field in Graham. It's outdated !

Cam
09-17-2013, 07:49 PM
A decent golf course

ya could always move to Burnet....we got Delaware Springs Golf Course....