PDA

View Full Version : Tide still No. 1, Aggies inside Top 10 in coaches’ poll

LewPatt
09-15-2013, 02:14 PM
http://nbccollegefootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/nick-saban-kevin-sumlin.jpg

As it turns out, the latest Game of the Millennium had little impact on the coaching voting bloc, relatively speaking.

Following Alabama’s seven-point win in College Station Saturday, the Tide, as expected remained No. 1 in the USA Today coaches’ poll in near-unanimous fashion, claiming 61 of the 62 first-place votes.

The good news for Texas A&M is that the loss cost them just three spots in the poll, dropping them slightly from No. 6 to No. 9. In 2012, following their five-point loss to the Aggies in Tuscaloosa, the Tide dropped three spots from No. 1 to No. 4; two months later, Bama was playing for the BCS title.

Complete story (http://www.lewpblog.com/2013/09/15/tide-still-no-1-aggies-inside-top-10-in-coaches-poll/)

regaleagle
09-15-2013, 05:50 PM
I wouldn't count on that defense anytime soon, though. One bad game by the offense and it's another loss for ATM. Some team is gonna gut this defense before the regular season is over with, imo. UNLESS.....miraculously they do something to fix it. Just too many running lanes and holes in the secondary. Last year's D was much, much, much better for JFF and the offense to get along with. Not so this season.....just saying.

oldtownag
09-16-2013, 09:29 AM
I wouldn't count on that defense anytime soon, though. One bad game by the offense and it's another loss for ATM. Some team is gonna gut this defense before the regular season is over with, imo. UNLESS.....miraculously they do something to fix it. Just too many running lanes and holes in the secondary. Last year's D was much, much, much better for JFF and the offense to get along with. Not so this season.....just saying.

Statistically speaking the TAMU defense was much better than the BAMA defense.

So are we giving the Aggie Offense or the BAMA Defense to much credit.

LH Panther Mom
09-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Statistically speaking the TAMU defense was much better than the BAMA defense.

So are we giving the Aggie Offense or the BAMA Defense to much credit.
How do you figure the stats? I'm looking at the game stats and I see nothing that tells me TAMU was "much" better than Bama, if any.