PDA

View Full Version : Important Question!!

Ranger Mom
02-06-2004, 07:31 PM
This isn't really about football, but some football players, etc. may be able to help me!

What, if anything, can be done about a hurt tailbone? I injured mine, somehow, and can hardly even sit down. I am miserable!!

Any advice is very much welcome!!

sinton66
02-06-2004, 07:39 PM
I don't know of any treatment that will "cure" a bruised tailbone except for time, but you might want to think about getting a "hemmoroid" pillow just for the sitting comfort.(You know, one of those air-up circular things with the big hole in the middle)

TXMike
02-06-2004, 07:44 PM
Ibuprofen helps with symptoms, ice packs for 20 minutes or so every 4 hours or so for first few days may help, and like the other poster said, use a doughnut cushion or at least sit leaning forward so weight is off the tailbone.

Ranger Mom
02-06-2004, 07:57 PM
Me and Ibuprofen have become best friends over the past couple of days!!

I was finally able to get somewhat comfortable last night when I went to bed. My husband was asleep and I was watching TV, when he decided to roll over and stick his knee RIGHT ON MY TAILBONE!

Needless to say, he was promptly kicked to his side of the bed!! I know it was an accident, but I will admit to feeling the "kill instinct" come over me for a couple of seconds!!

Bandera YaYa
02-07-2004, 02:24 AM
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. That sounds very painful and very uncomfortable. Just lay around and let your husband and kids wait on you....about a week should be sufficient!! :D
Hope you feel better real soon!

Gasilla
02-07-2004, 02:28 AM
Vicadin...It'll cure anything!

lotus67
02-07-2004, 02:59 AM
I know how you feel :( After about 7 months I can now sit fairly comfortably.Best wishes,try sitting on one cheek at a time ,it seemed to offer a little relief for me.

Ray_BearKat
02-07-2004, 10:57 AM
Gasilla:
Vicadin...It'll cure anything!If the pain is unbareable then you can't go wrong...percocet or darvacet work very well too? But there is always that dependency issue...

PPHSfan
02-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Dare we ask how you "injured" your tailbone? :D

Old No. 7
02-07-2004, 12:39 PM
Gasilla:
Vicadin...It'll cure anything!I like the way you think. Oh the wanders of modern medicine. :D

Ranger Mom, sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I wish you a speedy recovery. frown

BrahmaMom
02-07-2004, 12:50 PM
If you have any DMSO laying around from your pets, it will provide relief. Use it 3-4 times a day, you'll smell a little funny, but you'll feel better without the drug effect of some of the other suggestions. Don't use if you take a lot of medications as the one side effect is that it potentiates(makes stronger) all meds you are on. This is not FDA approved for this use, but it kept swelling from ACL down to zero. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon. I know nobody's gonna let you lay around and wait on you.

LH Panther Mom
02-07-2004, 03:00 PM
sinton66:
I don't know of any treatment that will "cure" a bruised tailbone except for time, but you might want to think about getting a "hemmoroid" pillow just for the sitting comfort.(You know, one of those air-up circular things with the big hole in the middle)AKA "tush cush". :cool:

Bandera YaYa
02-07-2004, 06:27 PM
PPHSfan:
Dare we ask how you "injured" your tailbone? :D ...a lady never tells!!! :D

VERNONLION#1
02-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Ranger Mom, My brother injured his tailbone during football season one year and if I'm not mistaken time and some anti-inflamatory. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Also I see where you guys are in a different district than last year. What are your thoughts?

Ranger Mom
02-07-2004, 09:10 PM
What is sad about this whole situation, is I don't know WHAT I did. Something that hurts this darn bad, I would think I would remember what I did to injure it! (Maybe there is something to this turning 40 business)!!

As far as our new district goes, it's fine by me. I was glad to see Kermit go 2-A - that rivalry has gotten a little too heated. I am glad to be back in with Lamesa and Seminole. I am up in the air about what kind of team we will have this year, we are graduating the house, but have some up and coming talent, so I guess we will see. I am having a hard time getting as excited about the season coming up. (I am sure that will change though!!)