PDA

View Full Version : Celina's Austin Vaden

orange machine
09-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Has anybody from Celina heard how Austin is doing? For those who don't know last night in the 1st quarter Austin was running down on a punt and got his left leg rolled up snapping his bone below the knee. He was down on the field for 25 minutes and had to be taken by the ambulance. Last I heard last night he was in surgery.

bobcat1
09-14-2013, 10:15 PM
Prayers offered for a quick recovery and total healing of the bones.

Cam
09-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Hate to hear that. Hope he has a speedy recovery. My 8th grader got rolled under on the first play of the game last Thursday. He was locked up blocking a DB when it happened. My heart sunk. But it turned out to be just a deep bruise of his IT band. Thank God! He's still limping around the house but hopes to be back at practice this week. Keep us posted on Austin.

marler1972
09-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Has anybody from Celina heard how Austin is doing? For those who don't know last night in the 1st quarter Austin was running down on a punt and got his left leg rolled up snapping his bone below the knee. He was down on the field for 25 minutes and had to be taken by the ambulance. Last I heard last night he was in surgery.

He did have surgery Friday night. Had a compound break. Will be along recovery.

Celina8
09-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Hate to hear this for any football player. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family. The injuries seem to really be building for my Bobcats with the loss of our Safety during a scrimmage, the LB with his shoulder problems, now this...not sure if there are others.

orange machine
09-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Hate to hear this for any football player. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family. The injuries seem to really be building for my Bobcats with the loss of our Safety during a scrimmage, the LB with his shoulder problems, now this...not sure if there are others.

Safety Micah Nelson is back and has played every game and has been a huge difference maker in the pass defense. Just need to get middle linebacker Trent Hambrick healthy.

Celina8
09-15-2013, 05:46 PM
Didn't we lose one of our best safeties / Braylon Brown from an ACL tear at the Wilmer Hutchins scrimmage? I know he played Cornerback, but thought he was moved to Safety this year.

marler1972
09-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Didn't we lose one of our best safeties / Braylon Brown from an ACL tear at the Wilmer Hutchins scrimmage? I know he played Cornerback, but thought he was moved to Safety this year.

he was corner, not safety.