PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado vs China Spring

Bosqueville
09-14-2013, 08:38 PM
It's Homecoming for China Spring. Their offense is looking strong and their defense is bend but don't break. I say CS by 14!

toddg
09-14-2013, 08:58 PM
It's Homecoming for China Spring. Their offense is looking strong and their defense is bend but don't break. I say CS by 14!

You going to be at the JV/freshman games Thursday?
My oldest is on the JV, I usually try to catch the frosh game as well

Bosqueville
09-14-2013, 09:27 PM
You going to be at the JV/freshman games Thursday?
My oldest is on the JV, I usually try to catch the frosh game as well

I will be there for the Freshman game but not the JV. My son is on the defensive line for the frosh.

Rabid Cougar
09-15-2013, 10:55 AM

More than that.

toddg
09-15-2013, 01:43 PM
CS may score 14, but not much more than that.. i see another clean sweep, frosh-jv-varsity for the Indians..just like last year

Bosqueville
09-15-2013, 02:45 PM
CS may score 14, but not much more than that.. i see another clean sweep, frosh-jv-varsity for the Indians..just like last year

I'll give you the JV but you will not beat the Freshman or the Varsity.

defense51
09-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Unless CS has a more athletic QB than Ft Worth SW, I don't think they will beat our defense. The Southwest QB was under heavy pressure all night, he was very quick and was able to elude several sacks. I agree with toddg, I think we sweep all three games.

Bosqueville
09-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Unless CS has a more athletic QB than Ft Worth SW, I don't think they will beat our defense. The Southwest QB was under heavy pressure all night, he was very quick and was able to elude several sacks. I agree with toddg, I think we sweep all three games.

Boo..

varsity parent
09-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Gonna have to go with CS on this one. District 17 wins. CS by 21

regaleagle
09-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Methinks Alvarado has a good D and has played some good competition early on. Their offense needs more work, but this is the 4th game of the season. I see a low-scoring game here, with the Indians controlling the pace. Alvarado by 7.

defense51
09-15-2013, 06:21 PM
Boo..

:cheerl:

Rabid Cougar
09-15-2013, 08:32 PM

You haven't seen the CS freshman play have you?

The indians only scored 19 on Mexia....... CS scored 49 and that could have been 60.

Rabid Cougar
09-15-2013, 08:35 PM

Who has said anything about the CS QB throwing the football? CS Averaging 49 points a game....low scoring my rear.

TXfootballboi!
09-15-2013, 08:44 PM
I dont see CS winning this game. SouthWest's QB was very good throwing the ball but southwest really didn't have a run game but CS didn't beat alvarado last year and it won't change this year

Bosqueville
09-15-2013, 08:49 PM
I dont see CS winning this game. SouthWest's QB was very good throwing the ball but southwest really didn't have a run game but CS didn't beat alvarado last year and it won't change this year

You have no idea how good CS's offense is. 49, 40, 57 points. Remember the name feliciano you will hear it a lot!

Rabid Cougar
09-15-2013, 08:53 PM
You have no idea how good CS's offense is. 49, 40, 57 points. Remember the name feliciano you will hear it a lot!

:iagree:

toddg
09-15-2013, 09:13 PM
You haven't seen the CS freshman play have you?

The indians only scored 19 on Mexia....... CS scored 49 and that could have been 60.

..and you havent seen the Alvarado freshman(they did score 60 on mexia's frosh to their goose egg)...ill see them both on thursday..if what you say is true, it should be a very good game.

..apples and oranges when comparing the scores against Mexia..looks like the Cougars are off to a good start offensively...dont underestimate the Indians

defense51
09-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Who has said anything about the CS QB throwing the football? CS Averaging 49 points a game....low scoring my rear.

Does the China Spring QB not throw the ball? The Indians front 7 will stop the run, and will put pressure on the QB on every pass play. My point is that unless the QB is extremely athletic and quick, he will meet our front seven quite often. I think both teams will be up for the game, the last two games won't be indicative of what you see from the Indians Friday night.

toddg
09-15-2013, 09:34 PM

you have no idea how good Alvarado's Defense is..better than last year..CS came into last years game with similar points scored on mexia and 2A salado..the Indians D allowed 188 total yards and 14 points to Munden/Hancock and co.....CS hasnt faced a quality D this year..they will friday.

Rabid Cougar
09-15-2013, 09:57 PM
you have no idea how good Alvarado's Defense is..better than last year..CS came into last years game with similar points scored on mexia and 2A salado..the Indians D allowed 188 total yards and 14 points to Munden/Hancock and co.....CS hasnt faced a quality D this year..they will friday.

Glad you brought up last year's game. It hasn't been forgotten.

ccmom
09-15-2013, 10:10 PM
This thread should include a poll.

Rocket Man
09-15-2013, 10:24 PM
I think CS will win this one, but it will be their stiffest competition so far. I wish we were playing better quality teams like y'all are to get ready for district.

toddg
09-15-2013, 10:25 PM
Glad you brought up last year's game. It hasn't been forgotten.

you aint hoping for another on field brawl..are you? the fans can boo and hiss all they want..im hoping for a good clean game, and class from both sides of the field.

defense51
09-15-2013, 10:50 PM

Do you mean a "vote" or "to cut the horns off"? :evilgrin:

83Indian
09-15-2013, 11:44 PM
The Indians offense has been unable to sustain drives and score. They have moved the ball up and down the field but have problems scoring. Unless this changes, CS will take this one. I think the Indians will need 28 points to win. I expect coach Dixon will start looking at more two way playing to overcome this problem. Southwest has a very high powered offense and got most of their yards on three plays. Other than that, the defense had played very well.

caleb_mccaig
09-16-2013, 10:24 AM
I've heard CS is looking good thus far this year, but I haven't personally seen them play yet. I know at work, my Sports Editor has told me numerous times that the Alvarado and Stephenville game will be for the district so hopefully the game will be a good one!

TXfootballboi!
09-16-2013, 04:10 PM
The three teams CS has played this year has a record of 2-7. One a glen rose team that is alot worse than last year and a 2a team that is 0-3 I hope that china spring beats them well and mexia just sucks honestly.

TXfootballboi!
09-16-2013, 04:13 PM
Well alvarado has also played teams with a combined record of 3-6 the best one is southwest with a record of 2-1, bridgeport is just awful and so is mexia so I really don't know about this game but I think it will be close

hollywood
09-16-2013, 04:24 PM
Fear the Spear!!

The Injuns from Johnson county spoil Homecoming for the Cougs.

Injuns 13
Cougs 10

:D

defense51
09-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Fear the Spear!!

Hollywoood finally jumps on the bandwagon. :2thumbsup:clap:

hollywood
09-16-2013, 05:06 PM
Hollywoood finally jumps on the bandwagon. :2thumbsup:clap:

Gotta support our district friends!!

But you know what happens in 4 1/2 weeks, right??? Yep, DOOMS DAAAAY for the purple reign! :wave:

caleb_mccaig
09-16-2013, 10:39 PM
If CS loses I blame it on Bell for bringing out the all in box we used whenever we went to state in one of the past seasons. Hahaha I'm very superstitious.

toddg
09-16-2013, 11:03 PM

But you know what happens in 4 1/2 weeks, right??? Yep, DOOMS DAAAAY for the purple reign! :wave:

When that week comes, you arnt going to get your feelings hurt on the forum like the Dillard boy did with my posts?

toddg
09-16-2013, 11:04 PM
If CS loses I blame it on Bell for bringing out the all in box we used whenever we went to state in one of the past seasons. Hahaha I'm very superstitious.
What is the "all in box"?

defense51
09-17-2013, 12:05 AM

I think todd's avatar shows exactly what's going to happen to the jackets! Dead Bug

hollywood
09-17-2013, 09:16 AM
I'll hold back a little on you 2 Injun lovers until the week of doom. Still have 4 weeks of built up banter to dish out to you 2.

:evilgrin:

This is China Springs homecoming... good grief, give them their props on this thread. Save the Best 3A team in the state, the Stephenville Yellowjackets, talk for Week 7.

Rabid Cougar
09-17-2013, 09:36 AM

:hijacktd::1offtopc:

hollywood
09-17-2013, 10:14 AM
:hijacktd::1offtopc:

My apologies RC... I tried to warn them.

This should be a great game. If Sville wasn't playing at home this week, I would have considered this game.

This will test both teams in terms of offense and defense.

CS with a solid offense and AV with a solid D.

Carry on.

caleb_mccaig
09-17-2013, 10:53 AM
What is the "all in box"?

It was a box we had my Junior year, and before each game every player put a name of someone they were going to play, "All In" for inside the box. We started doing it I think after the La Vega district game, we got demolished like 56-13, and we didn't lose another game until Celina in state. Apparently CS used the same "All In" motto in one of the recent years and brought the box back out after it was supposedly retired to the trophy case.

toddg
09-17-2013, 01:35 PM
It was a box we had my Junior year, and before each game every player put a name of someone they were going to play, "All In" for inside the box. We started doing it I think after the La Vega district game, we got demolished like 56-13, and we didn't lose another game until Celina in state. Apparently CS used the same "All In" motto in one of the recent years and brought the box back out after it was supposedly retired to the trophy case.

That's coolness!

Rabid Cougar
09-17-2013, 01:36 PM

No "box"

bp80884
09-17-2013, 08:53 PM

I agree!!!

I'm going to go with CS. The FW SW QB probably has nothing on Saledo's qb that put up 613 yard against state ranked Lorena. Didn't quite get there against CS defense. I thin the Alvarado will be surprised. Lets just see how many fans make the trip and how it compares to the Crowd we brought last year.

Good luck to both team and a safe (non violent game)!

I am wondering how many ways CS has scored this year. I bet we have had 8-10 different kids score. Just hope you have the right one when your defense takes the field. Unless you are lucky, I see China Spring with 40+ points.

bp80884
09-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Agreed on Defense. On offense, your are not giving Salado enough credit. Yes, 2A, but that was a big time QB (613 passing yrds against state ranked Lorena, in a loss no doubt Lorena 75 and Salado 67) For the record, he never saw the end zone in the second half.

toddg
09-17-2013, 09:49 PM
I agree!!!

I'm going to go with CS. The FW SW QB probably has nothing on Saledo's qb that put up 613 yard against state ranked Lorena. Didn't quite get there against CS defense. I thin the Alvarado will be surprised. Lets just see how many fans make the trip and how it compares to the Crowd we brought last year.

Good luck to both team and a safe (non violent game)!

I am wondering how many ways CS has scored this year. I bet we have had 8-10 different kids score. Just hope you have the right one when your defense takes the field. Unless you are lucky, I see China Spring with 40+ points.

we actually travel well..we should pretty much fill the visiter side..and i concur with the bolded statement!

ahs_indian_fan
09-18-2013, 08:20 AM
The FW SW QB probably has nothing on Saledo's qb that put up 613 yard against state ranked Lorena.

Don't talk unless you know what you're talking about. Even with his 613 yd game, the Salado qb has thrown for only 13 more total yards than the SW qb (1,068 - 1,055) and I guarantee you the SW qb was more athletic and more of a threat to run when a play broke down.

Should be a good game, but I doubt either team puts up 40.

Bosqueville
09-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Weather may be a big factor Friday night.. But I will take the rain!

ccmom
09-18-2013, 08:50 AM
Don't talk unless you know what you're talking about..

Hilariously ironic...

Carry on...:wave:

toddg
09-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Hilariously ironic...

Carry on...:wave:

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/KOOL.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)
we're all kool-aid drinkers here...dontcha know!

toddg
09-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Weather may be a big factor Friday night.. But I will take the rain!

the power I is weatherproof..but, yes..we need the rain.
looking fwd to seeing your son play thursday..what # is he?

Bosqueville
09-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Don't talk unless you know what you're talking about. Even with his 613 yd game, the Salado qb has thrown for only 13 more total yards than the SW qb (1,068 - 1,055) and I guarantee you the SW qb was more athletic and more of a threat to run when a play broke down.

53. I hope he's able to play some. He tweeked his knee Monday and is pretty sore... But we will be there!

toddg
09-18-2013, 09:51 AM
53. I hope he's able to play some. He tweeked his knee Monday and is pretty sore... But we will be there!

hope the knee gets better soon..drive safe on that dang 35w!

caleb_mccaig
09-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Feed Tito, Mark!!!!

bp80884
09-18-2013, 02:05 PM

"Don't talk unless you know what you're talking about"???? Hmmmm???

Are you a 10 year old? I know enough on the topic to be as qualified as you are to post on this board but if it is that important to you then all of posts going forward are not intended for you so please disregard all of them!

to quote one of my favorite movies:
"like I playing cards with my brother's kids"
Doc Holliday

bp80884
09-18-2013, 02:09 PM
we actually travel well..we should pretty much fill the visiter side..and i concur with the bolded statement!

That's good. I hate it when the fans don't travel and support their team. Kind of funny, but we had more fans in our 1st away game than the home team. Disappointing to those young men and women who are busting their tales and don't have a supportive community.

caleb_mccaig
09-18-2013, 02:38 PM
That's good. I hate it when the fans don't travel and support their team. Kind of funny, but we had more fans in our 1st away game than the home team. Disappointing to those young men and women who are busting their tales and don't have a supportive community.

CS has always traveled well. In the State game in 2007 there was more CS fans at Cowboys Stadium then there were Celina fans. I don't think I've never seen CS not travel well even in these years of mediocrity.

ahs_indian_fan
09-18-2013, 03:28 PM

Are you a 10 year old? I know enough on the topic to be as qualified as you are to post on this board but if it is that important to you then all of posts going forward are not intended for you so please disregard all of them!

Doc Holliday

Actually just turned 11 last week! Had a killer laser tag party! Could've swore I deleted that first sentence before posting, but it is what it is. Just trying to make sure you don't underestimate Alvarado's defense because the Salado quarterback threw for 600 yards against Lorena.

All is good, did not mean to offend anyone. Looking forward to Friday.

I think alvarillo is in for a long season. Win a few district games and out to the first good team they meet in the playoffs.
That's just the way it is this year.

hollywood
09-19-2013, 09:34 AM
But their defense is better than last years... so they say. Let's see how CS does tomorrow night.

defense51
09-19-2013, 09:46 AM
I think alvarillo is in for a long season. Win a few district games and out to the first good team they meet in the playoffs.

Coming from the Bonehead of S-Ville, I'm sure we'll all take that to heart...

bp80884
09-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Actually just turned 11 last week! Had a killer laser tag party! Could've swore I deleted that first sentence before posting, but it is what it is. Just trying to make sure you don't underestimate Alvarado's defense because the Salado quarterback threw for 600 yards against Lorena.

All is good, did not mean to offend anyone. Looking forward to Friday.

It's all good. I could not believe how athletic, big and fast the Salado kid was. He would probably be a starter at most 4a and 5a schools.

No offense taken, always like poking and prodding and believe me, I don't underestimate the Indian Defense. You guys are just nasty (meant in a good way of course!).

See you tomorrow!

toddg
09-19-2013, 12:22 PM

But their defense is better than last years... so they say. Let's see how CS does tomorrow night.

yeah..WRs dropping balls, QB throwing into coverage..not checking off, or just plain overthrowing the ball..hitting RBs in the back of the head on swing passes, bad route running..sound familier? yeah our offense is going through some growing pains..especially in the passing game..a lot of issues getting ironed out this week..we have a pissed off defense, suffice to say the offense is practicing alot more focused this week..team leaders stepping up..so im confident this Indian team will rise up!

come on up and watch the freshman/jv games today...from what the CS posters saying, they have a beast freshmen team this year, and we have a beast freshmen team as well..which looks like its going to be one hell of a freshmen game to watch...and if it is..maybe coach Dixon and coach Bell will schedule non-district games in the next realignment for some monster matchups over the next few years..heck, we already dont like each other much..would be some great football for sure!!

bp80884
09-19-2013, 02:21 PM
It's all good. I could not believe how athletic, big and fast the Salado kid was. He would probably be a starter at most 4a and 5a schools.

No offense taken, always like poking and prodding and believe me, I don't underestimate the Indian Defense. You guys are just nasty (meant in a good way of course!).

See you tomorrow!

Can someone tell me how to insert a picture? I found this picture of the China spring Alvarado game last year and it was the middle of the brawl! Very good picture!

defense51
09-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Can someone tell me how to insert a picture? I found this picture of the China spring Alvarado game last year and it was the middle of the brawl! Very good picture!

What's this brawl you speak of, all I remeber is a gentlemen's disagreement just before halftime.

bp80884
09-19-2013, 03:23 PM
What's this brawl you speak of, all I remeber is a gentlemen's disagreement just before halftime.

You would (LOL), there were no Indians kicked out of the game and we had 3 or 4 that were booted. I think we had a homer officiating crew given this fact. None of this is meant in a bad way, it is just a really cool picture.

I am hoping the boys from both team forget about that whole ordeal and play good clean football.

Rabid Cougar
09-19-2013, 03:25 PM

That's BS and you know it.

caleb_mccaig
09-19-2013, 03:26 PM

Agreed.

Rabid Cougar
09-19-2013, 03:28 PM
You would (LOL), there were no Indians kicked out of the game and we had 3 or 4 that were booted. I think we had a homer officiating crew given this fact. None of this is meant in a bad way, it is just a really cool picture.

I am hoping the boys from both team forget about that whole ordeal and play good clean football.

There were five ejected. The whole Alvarado team left the bench area and only one was ejected. I agree, clean football but never forget.

toddg
09-19-2013, 03:35 PM
There were five ejected. The whole Alvarado team left the bench area and only one was ejected. I agree, clean football but never forget.

it was way too lopsided for sure..coach Dixon ejected 2 of his own players..but, still..the ejection ratio should have been even..with that being said, i hope tomorrows game is played with the class expected of the two programs.

defense51
09-19-2013, 04:56 PM

I remember the brawl all too well RC, it was poor judgement on both sides. My comment was meant in a joking manner!

Sparkie
09-19-2013, 05:01 PM
..we have a pissed off defense, ...

Simply said, but true. It is going to be interesting to see how this one plays out. It will be a good game either way. New things coming with the offense.

hollywood
09-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Isn't it homecoming for China Spring?

This should fuel the fire a little as well.

I'll be keeping up with this one.

FEAR THE SPEAR!!!!! :clap:

toddg
09-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Alvarado freshmen 22 CS 0
Almost halftime.. CS moving the ball with :26 left in the half

toddg
09-19-2013, 06:53 PM
Alvarado freshmen 22 CS 0
Almost halftime.. CS moving the ball with :26 left in the half

Alvarado freshmen 29
China Spring frosh. 6 final
Getting ready for JV kickoff

refereedoc
09-19-2013, 07:14 PM
I'll give you the JV but you will not beat the Freshman or the Varsity.

So what happened with the C S freshmen, run into a buzz saw?

Coming from the Bonehead of S-Ville, I'm sure we'll all take that to heart...

Im just saying how i see it. You are not as good as last year and that team couldn't hang. You are correct with your description of Ville football to date. Hasn't been pretty but it will work out. I guarantee we make it much deeper in the playoffs and kick your a$$ in district play. Thats just the way it is get over it.

So what happened with the C S freshmen, run into a buzz saw?

At least you are playing a pretty good team finally.

toddg
09-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Alvarado JV 30
China Spring JV 20 final
Game called at half due to lightning

Bosqueville
09-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Just got home. And wet! CS fresh looked scared and played scared. They had the ball for. 11 plays in the first half. Tried to make a run in the second half but funble on the 1st two possessions did them in. Great little rb Alvarado has! Wow!

defense51
09-19-2013, 09:07 PM
Im just saying how i see it. You are not as good as last year and that team couldn't hang. You are correct with your description of Ville football to date. Hasn't been pretty but it will work out. I guarantee we make it much deeper in the playoffs and kick your a$$ in district play. Thats just the way it is get over it.

Again, see my previous reply to your statement.

defense51
09-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Just got home. And wet! CS fresh looked scared and played scared. They had the ball for. 11 plays in the first half. Tried to make a run in the second half but funble on the 1st two possessions did them in. Great little rb Alvarado has! Wow!
This Alvarado freshman team executes very well, CS is the best team they've played so far. The CS freshman have some potential, just need to shore up the turnovers and they'll win plenty of games!

TXfootballboi!
09-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Forget CS im ready for alvarado vs the ville

toddg
09-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Simply said, but true. It is going to be interesting to see how this one plays out. It will be a good game either way. New things coming with the offense.

i have full confidence in Coach Dixon and staff , along with the leaders on this team, to make the necessary adjustments to get the offense rolling..hopefully it starts tomorrow night!!

hollywood
09-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Forget CS im ready for alvarado vs the ville

No you're not. Unless you want to see how a team gets buzz sawed.

defense51
09-20-2013, 09:41 AM
No you're not. Unless you want to see how a team gets buzz sawed.

:fnypost:

hollywood
09-20-2013, 09:58 AM
:fnypost:

:wave:

Again, see my previous reply to your statement.

I got your bone and the head. And will back up what I say. Get the KY out because it's going to get stuck in all the way.

defense51
09-20-2013, 10:16 AM
I got your bone and the head. And will back up what I say. Get the KY out because it's going to get stuck in all the way.

:blahblah::sleeping: another classy post from Ville...

Rabid Cougar
09-20-2013, 10:53 AM
:blahblah::sleeping: another classy post from Ville...

Maybe ought to go start another thread??????

defense51
09-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Maybe ought to go start another thread??????

Maybe... With that being said, good luck to your son and the Cougars tonight! I look forward to a good, clean, hard hitting football game!!!

Rabid Cougar
09-20-2013, 11:30 AM
I look forward to a good, clean, hard hitting football game!!!

Agree

caleb_mccaig
09-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Will someone be updating the thread during the game tonight? I have to travel to Dublin vs. Valley Mills.

toddg
09-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Will someone be updating the thread during the game tonight? I have to travel to Dublin vs. Valley Mills.

83indian usually does a good job with updates throughout the game

toddg
09-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Cheers to the Alvarado OLine!!

[QUOTE=toddg;1762881]yeah..WRs dropping balls, QB throwing into coverage..not checking off, or just plain overthrowing the ball..hitting RBs in the back of the head on swing passes, bad route running..sound familier? yeah our offense is going through some growing pains..especially in the passing game..a lot of issues getting ironed out this week..we have a pissed off defense, suffice to say the offense is practicing alot more focused this week..team leaders stepping up..so im confident this Indian team will rise up.

I'm not against Alvarado just keeping it real. I have seen our weakness and they are obvious. Like you said they will get ironed out on both teams. With your cupcake schedule you should have a decent record once you get put out in the playoffs. And if you really think you can beat Ville step up and let's make it real interesting. We got a pitiful district so I don't think your team will be ready for the playoffs. I could be wrong but you seem to have a history of making playoffs and not finishing the deal. Sound familiar?

83Indian
09-20-2013, 07:13 PM
Nice and wet here in china spring. Getting ready for a good game

toddg
09-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Nice and wet here in china spring. Getting ready for a good game
The rain will be no problem

83Indian
09-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Indians will receive

83Indian
09-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Indians start on own 30

83Indian
09-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Indians pick up 2 first downs and stall. Punt down at CS 5 yard line

83Indian
09-20-2013, 07:48 PM
CS coverts a 3rd and 27 to the Alvarado 5 and scores.

CS 7
Alvarado 0

83Indian
09-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Indians start on 25

83Indian
09-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Indians 3 and out. Snap over punters head. Safety

CS 9
Indians 0

83Indian
09-20-2013, 07:55 PM
CS starts on own 44

83Indian
09-20-2013, 08:00 PM
End of first qtr.

CS 9
Indians 0

CS ball on Indians 15
2nd and 4

83Indian
09-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Indians intercept in end zone. Indians ball on CS 20

83Indian
09-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Indians drive 80 yards and score. Indians using lots of power formations seems to have found some life.

CS 9
Indians 7

83Indian
09-20-2013, 08:15 PM
CS starts on own 28

83Indian
09-20-2013, 08:19 PM
CS drives and scores.

CS 16
Indians 7

Bad display of tackling by the Indians on that drive

83Indian
09-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Indians start on own 44

3:49 left in half

83Indian
09-20-2013, 08:26 PM
Indians stall on CS 40.

CS ball with 1:26 left in half

83Indian
09-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Half time

CS 16
Indians 7

83Indian
09-20-2013, 09:00 PM
CS returns kickoff for td

CS 23
Indians 7

83Indian
09-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Indians fumble in own 20. CS ball

83Indian
09-20-2013, 09:06 PM
CS fg

CS 26
Indians 7

CS fg

CS 26
Indians 7

You might just wanna stop the talk for the Avarillo indians.
Season over like i said. Maybe you can beat Venus

83Indian
09-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Indians drive 75 yards for td. Power formation works. Stick with it.

CS 26
Indians 14

83Indian
09-20-2013, 09:17 PM
CS ball on own 37

83Indian
09-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Indians intercept on own 30.

1:50 left in 3rd

83Indian
09-20-2013, 09:29 PM
End of 3rd

CS 26
Indians 14

2 big personal foul calls against the Indians. 3 and 13 on CS 25

83Indian
09-20-2013, 09:30 PM
1 down and goal indians

83Indian
09-20-2013, 09:32 PM
CS holds Indians on 1 foot line. CS ball

83Indian
09-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Another big personal foul call on Indians. CS ball on own 19

83Indian
09-20-2013, 09:40 PM
CS punts to Indians 1 yard line

83Indian
09-20-2013, 09:45 PM
Indians punt to CS 41

3:10 left in game

83Indian
09-20-2013, 09:49 PM
CS td pass

CS 33
Indians 14

83Indian
09-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Indians score with 39 seconds left

CS 33
Indians 22

83Indian
09-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Final

CS 33
Indians 22

toddg
09-20-2013, 10:11 PM
good win Cougars..no excuses here...best of luck to ya'll with the rest of your season!!
probably doubtful, but i hope you're on the schedule next year!! Happy Homecoming Cougars!

defense51
09-20-2013, 11:00 PM
You might just wanna stop the talk for the Avarillo indians.
Season over like i said. Maybe you can beat Venus

Troll :doh:

Rabid Cougar
09-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Does the China Spring QB not throw the ball? The Indians front 7 will stop the run, and will put pressure on the QB on every pass play. My point is that unless the QB is extremely athletic and quick, he will meet our front seven quite often.

Really? What is your take now?

#1 TEXAN
09-20-2013, 11:20 PM
Big surprise here after hearing all the talk from the Alvarado posters this week.

Bosqueville
09-20-2013, 11:28 PM
China Spring offense is rolling. Alvarado has 0 passing game.

hollywood
09-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Well, I guess the Cougs weren't fearing the spear tonight. Congrats China Spring.

hollywood
09-20-2013, 11:43 PM

But I thought their defense was better than last years! :vrycnfsd:

;) Injuns

83Indian
09-20-2013, 11:58 PM
Not sure what all the talking comments are about. I said we would need at least 28 points and had we done that we probably would have won. Offense is anemic. Coaches made some adjustments on offense and looked a little better. Power formation works but no passing attack is allowing defenses to stack the line. CS made a huge goal line stand or otherwise we might have pulled this one out. Long way to go for the Indians.

83Indian
09-21-2013, 12:03 AM

I like the CS offensive scheme. Much more dynamic than the Indians. Kickoff return, bad snap for safety, and gimmie turnover didn't help Indians cause. Good win for CS momentum in a tough district.

83Indian
09-21-2013, 12:07 AM
But I thought their defense was better than last years! :vrycnfsd:

;) Injuns

Defense is similar to last year. Pretty good against the run, but way too soft against the pass. Offense could help the defense by keeping them off the field some more

defense51
09-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Really? What is your take now?

We still put pressure on the QB, just didn't stop him. The CS running back is good, and has has some speed to go with it. The Indians had turnovers that killed us! Overall CS capitalized when they needed to, big plays that stopped our momentum were key. Congrats on the win

caleb_mccaig
09-21-2013, 12:41 AM
Good to see CS got the win tonight! It's a big plus to beat a program like Alavarado. Always have a good team.

TXfootballboi!
09-21-2013, 12:29 PM
China springs really didn't do anything special. Turnovers and mistakes killed alvarado. 3 15 yard penalties does not help the Indians case. Alvarado better develop a passing game quick or its gonna be a long season

Oh my D51 it looks like your heart is in the game. But not your players. No passing game it's gonna be a beat down in the Ville this year. You may just wanna stay home and save yourself the pain. Ville by a bunch in that district game.
But like I said in my earlier post you can beat Venus, Hillsboro and probably Glen Rose. Then get the Round ball out once playoffs start cause it's over my man.

tres beauties
09-21-2013, 08:12 PM

Doc Holliday

That was actually Billy Bob Thornton's character "Johnny Tyler" who made that remark when he was playing cards right before "Wyatt Earp" humiliated him and exiled him from the bar. He also said " you back that queen again and I'll blow you up that wildcat's (the one hanging on the wall) a**."