PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer Invites Daingerfield Over to Play

buckeyebob
09-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Friday night , the Buckeyes face off with Daingerfield for the 59th time. With a Buckeye 8 game winning streak & determined to make it 9, the Daingerfield Tigers need to put on their Big Boy Britches and play lights out football for 4 solid quarters...I say that it will not happen 'cause the fast paced Buckeye offense will have them whinning by 1/2 time & the Black Flag Defense will be on 'em like a Mad Spider Monkey...what do you say?

orange machine
09-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Friday night , the Buckeyes face off with Daingerfield for the 59th time. With a Buckeye 8 game winning streak & determined to make it 9, the Daingerfield Tigers need to put on their Big Boy Britches and play lights out football for 4 solid quarters...I say that it will not happen 'cause the fast paced Buckeye offense will have them whinning by 1/2 time & the Black Flag Defense will be on 'em like a Mad Spider Monkey...what do you say?

This game isn't worthy of discussion!!

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 02:22 PM
The only discussion about this game is how many points can Dangerfield even manage to score. By halftime, Gilmer's backups will be playing, imo. Gilmer is the best team in the state in 3A....hands down.....ummm, maybe one hand down, lol. I think they are better than Navasota, Carthage, Argyle, Stephenville, Kilgore.....just everybody else. If your team has a GREAT defense, then maybe you can hang with them....maybe. They are so fast on both offense and defense and have so many skill players that just make the game look easy. They have a very accurate qb at the helm that knows how to run their offense, they are two-deep without losing measurable talent. Gilmer is the definition of a football juggernaut in 3A....just a great team.

Yoe_09
09-14-2013, 02:27 PM
Yeah, the fact of the matter is Gilmer is better than last year and I'm not sure what to think about Daingerfield quite yet. The game was 43-14 last year....This year Gilmer can probably name their score.

buckeyebob
09-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Daingerfield always plays us very hard...we have been playing for 60 years...they will always try to pull it out.

The Buckeyes have done well but still a long way to go...District starts week after next with Gladewater @ Home

Friday is an important game...lot of rivalry, tradition, etc on both sides

waterboy
09-14-2013, 07:35 PM
The only discussion about this game is how many points can Dangerfield even manage to score. By halftime, Gilmer's backups will be playing, imo. Gilmer is the best team in the state in 3A....hands down.....ummm, maybe one hand down, lol. I think they are better than Navasota, Carthage, Argyle, Stephenville, Kilgore.....just everybody else. If your team has a GREAT defense, then maybe you can hang with them....maybe. They are so fast on both offense and defense and have so many skill players that just make the game look easy. They have a very accurate qb at the helm that knows how to run their offense, they are two-deep without losing measurable talent. Gilmer is the definition of a football juggernaut in 3A....just a great team.

I know you are saying all of this tongue-in-cheek, but you "could" be right. Who knows? There's a whole lotta football left to be played. I will tell you this: even without Josh Walker, Nick Smith, and another player all at the same LB spot, there was no appreciable drop-off on defense, or offense. The offense is much better, the defense is much better, and even the special teams are much better this year than last year..., and you see where Gilmer ended up last year. So far, the Buckeyes have been playing on a whole other level than the teams they've played. It was even apparent in the two scrimmages that this team is special. Anything can happen, but I like what I've seen so far...

Buckeye80
09-14-2013, 08:19 PM
I know you are saying all of this tongue-in-cheek, but you "could" be right. Who knows? There's a whole lotta football left to be played. I will tell you this: even without Josh Walker, Nick Smith, and another player all at the same LB spot, there was no appreciable drop-off on defense, or offense. The offense is much better, the defense is much better, and even the special teams are much better this year than last year..., and you see where Gilmer ended up last year. So far, the Buckeyes have been playing on a whole other level than the teams they've played. It was even apparent in the two scrimmages that this team is special. Anything can happen, but I like what I've seen so far...

The way #6 4A Whitehouse is playing right now really says a lot about the Buckeyes shutting them out in the scrimmage.

poisoned10
09-14-2013, 08:49 PM
The way #6 4A Whitehouse is playing right now really says a lot about the Buckeyes shutting them out in the scrimmage.

I don't put much stock into that scrimmage since Pat Mahomes, their starting QB, and 5 other starters were out that night. He would have made a huge difference over a Junior making his 1st varsity appearance.

However, Gilmer has done very well against the pass so far this year. They held McCown to his lowest passing total of his career with 3 defensive starters out (Josh Walker LB, Nick Smith CB/S and Ardarius Johnson CB/S) and only gave up 5 passing yards to Atlanta. We should have at least 2 of those starters back next week against Daingerfield.

As far as the Daingerfield game goes, Gilmer shouldn't have much of a problem winning. Sure, D-field always plays us tough, but it hasn't been near enough to come close to Gilmer. This is starting to become a one-sided rivalry and Gilmer may need to start thinking about replacing Daingerfield on the schedule and filling them with a tougher opponent. Besides, no one from Gilmer likes traveling to the small, cramped Tiger Stadium anyways.

poisoned10
09-14-2013, 08:51 PM
A little off topic, but I just realized I haven't updated my signature since after the state game last year.

poisoned10
09-14-2013, 08:57 PM
There, that looks much better.

buckeyebob
09-15-2013, 09:43 AM
I don't put much stock into that scrimmage since Pat Mahomes, their starting QB, and 5 other starters were out that night. He would have made a huge difference over a Junior making his 1st varsity appearance.

However, Gilmer has done very well against the pass so far this year. They held McCown to his lowest passing total of his career with 3 defensive starters out (Josh Walker LB, Nick Smith CB/S and Ardarius Johnson CB/S) and only gave up 5 passing yards to Atlanta. We should have at least 2 of those starters back next week against Daingerfield.

As far as the Daingerfield game goes, Gilmer shouldn't have much of a problem winning. Sure, D-field always plays us tough, but it hasn't been near enough to come close to Gilmer. This is starting to become a one-sided rivalry and Gilmer may need to start thinking about replacing Daingerfield on the schedule and filling them with a tougher opponent. Besides, no one from Gilmer likes traveling to the small, cramped Tiger Stadium anyways.

Contrare...I love to goe there and watch them suffer...goes back to the 60's

Im sure they are plenty happy just to get out of that piece of crap town for a few hours. My dad graduated there and I played summer ball there down at the lake /park. Grew up with a lake house on Lone Star lake so I know what I'm talking about. Remember there Everett family I sure as hell do. Daingerfield is a town on the down slide into the pits of hell.

lostaussie
09-15-2013, 01:41 PM
We should win this one handily........but there was a time when the Tigers were on our schedule that it struck fear in the hearts of all Buckeyes. I hate to see them down..........lots of pride and tradition over there. They have played some amazing ball over the years. I hope they get that back.

buckeyebob
09-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Im sure they are plenty happy just to get out of that piece of crap town for a few hours. My dad graduated there and I played summer ball there down at the lake /park. Grew up with a lake house on Lone Star lake so I know what I'm talking about. Remember there Everett family I sure as hell do. Daingerfield is a town on the down slide into the pits of hell.

Does this mean...If you were to give the world an enima, you would stick it in...? You ought to have to play there...their press box is a deer stand.

regaleagle
09-15-2013, 07:05 PM
I've seen films of the Buckeyes in action. The ONLY teams that will give them trouble will need a GREAT defense and a very good offense. Luckily, there are few teams out there that Gilmer must play that have those credentials. And then there may be one that Gilmer MAY play that has those credentials.

Txbroadcaster
09-15-2013, 07:06 PM
A little off topic, but I just realized I haven't updated my signature since after the state game last year.

They are 1-2 not 2-1

poisoned10
09-15-2013, 07:11 PM
They are 1-2 not 2-1

Happy?