PDA

View Full Version : Argyle @ Kennedale

firstdown
09-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Should be a great game who ya got and why.

Eagle11
09-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Won't be close. Argyle big win

Celina8
09-14-2013, 10:18 AM
It want be that close. Argyle will score early and often. The defense will shut down the Kennedale running game. Argyle just has to many weapons they will Roll in this game.

bleedgreen
09-14-2013, 10:29 AM
It's preseason and I don't care.

defense51
09-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Kennedale will get their rushing yards, but that's about it. Argyle has too many weapons and will score on the ground and through the air. Argyle by 21+

orange machine
09-14-2013, 11:59 AM
This wont be a game Argyle by a butt ton!!!

GrTigers6
09-14-2013, 12:41 PM
I think argyle wins going away probably 48-24 range

texas_wildcat
09-14-2013, 06:26 PM
I think Kennedale will win this game. they have lost to two really good 4A teams Crowley will go deep in playoffs and ML will go at least two rounds deep. . . . . . . . Dont count the cats out yet. Kennedale 45-42

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 07:04 PM
I agree that Kennedale lost two really close games to two 4A teams. I don't know how to judge those teams because I didn't see them play. I do know that Jowan is a top talent at running back and will cause defenses to miss. If Kennedale cannot pass the potatoe, they will become one dimensional. Argyle's defense will eat up a team that is one-dimensional....believe it. Nolan Catholic put the whammy on Everman, and we put the whammy on NC. Everman whacked FW Southwest who just whacked Alvarado. Our starters have yet to be scored on all season. Good luck to the Kennedale Wildcats in your preparations for this game. You do have homefield advantage and the revenge factor from last season's defeat in your favor. I look for a very physical game from each team. Don't worry about our offense....you'll have to score on us first....just saying. That is the bottom line.

regaleagle
09-14-2013, 07:23 PM
BTW, Texas Wildcat....If you'd like some references I'd highly recommend you look up Abilene Wylie, Nolan Catholic, and Paris for starters. They should be able to verify Argyle's credentials without hesitation. You may also be able to find something on U-Tube about us, I dunno. There are various other resources available that could be tapped to gain further insight....if you want to do some due diligence, lol. But it is still a game that begs to be played, and anything can happen....anything. Just don't be surprised if your beloved Wildcats run into a brick wall. That might happen also.

bobcat1
09-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Argyle by as many as they want. I say 50-0 at halftime

poisoned10
09-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Argyle - A Lot
Kennedale - Some to Not Enough

buckeyebob
09-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Argyle by 25...they will beat an offense to death.

Won't be close. Argyle big win

no doubt

texas_wildcat
09-15-2013, 08:16 PM
Yall can keep talking like yall are the gods of football . . . . but at the end of the game i will be over by the gates with tissues for yall

orange machine
09-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Yall can keep talking like yall are the gods of football . . . . but at the end of the game i will be over by the gates with tissues for yall

Brother I hope y'all give them all they want just to make things interesting! I've said this before, but to beat Argyle you have to frustrate them and basically play some what dirty. Before Argyllians jump on me I don't mean maliciously or trying to hurt somebody, but you have to find their best 3 or 4 players and get into their heads by hitting them over and over basically you have to have hitmen that their main job is to blow up such and such players. Stand them up then blow them up.

Matthew328
09-15-2013, 09:19 PM
I agree that Kennedale lost two really close games to two 4A teams. I don't know how to judge those teams because I didn't see them play. I do know that Jowan is a top talent at running back and will cause defenses to miss. If Kennedale cannot pass the potatoe, they will become one dimensional. Argyle's defense will eat up a team that is one-dimensional....believe it. Nolan Catholic put the whammy on Everman, and we put the whammy on NC. Everman whacked FW Southwest who just whacked Alvarado. Our starters have yet to be scored on all season. Good luck to the Kennedale Wildcats in your preparations for this game. You do have homefield advantage and the revenge factor from last season's defeat in your favor. I look for a very physical game from each team. Don't worry about our offense....you'll have to score on us first....just saying. That is the bottom line.

Comparing scores can and will get you in trouble when trying to analyze HS Football... A+B rarely equals C..its all about the matchup between the two teams on the field that day.....Kennedale is the kind of team that can really be a thorn in your side if you dont jump on them quick.....I think Argyle wins but they may get tested more this week than they have before...

regaleagle
09-16-2013, 06:18 AM
I'm well aware of the analytical nature of high school football, Matt....as well as the fact that Kennedale has a very good offensive attack. I'm also aware that Argyle's defense is not your ordinary very good defense. They are a shut-down defense, and have done exactly that against some very good teams so far this season. Kennedale is basically a one-dimensional running team and the coaches will have the D ready come Friday. Argyle successfully defended against this same offensive set last season against Kennedale, so the players will be familiar with defending against it. I also realize Jowan Washington is a talent to be reckoned with at rb for the Wildcats, and so will every player on the Argyle D. He may break free and score against the Eagles...that is the challenge. You may want to go see this game in person this week....I think Argyle will not disappoint.

regaleagle
09-16-2013, 06:33 AM
Thanx Texas Wildcat, but I think our stock of tissues is still good. Last time we used them was against Gilmer last season, lol.

firstdown
09-16-2013, 09:06 AM
Brother I hope y'all give them all they want just to make things interesting! I've said this before, but to beat Argyle you have to frustrate them and basically play some what dirty. Before Argyllians jump on me I don't mean maliciously or trying to hurt somebody, but you have to find their best 3 or 4 players and get into their heads by hitting them over and over basically you have to have hitmen that their main job is to blow up such and such players. Stand them up then blow them up.

Interesting thought OM. However I don't think that will work on a team with a lot of options and senior laden like Argyle is on offense. Defensively we welcome and look forward to the opportunity to knock heads with your best.

Argyle Rolls On

orange machine
09-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Interesting thought OM. However I don't think that will work on a team with a lot of options and senior laden like Argyle is on offense. Defensively we welcome and look forward to the opportunity to knock heads with your best.

Argyle Rolls On
I didn't mean that in a mean spirited way, I just know in the past Celina has used that tactic in the past and its worked pretty well. Quan Cosby comes to mind that sucker was beat down by the 4th quarter and didn't want anymore.

Aguilafanatico
09-16-2013, 09:02 PM
Tough to target defensive players, especially when they can all run. Argyle has been up double digits in the last two games early in the first quarter due to a swarming, fast, aggressive defense. The offense has been the beneficiary of short fields most of the year. If you want to beat Argyle, you had better force turnovers and potentially get a score on special teams,, especially if you are one-dimensional.

orange machine
09-16-2013, 09:23 PM
Tough to target defensive players, especially when they can all run. Argyle has been up double digits in the last two games early in the first quarter due to a swarming, fast, aggressive defense. The offense has been the beneficiary of short fields most of the year. If you want to beat Argyle, you had better force turnovers and potentially get a score on special teams,, especially if you are one-dimensional.
Doesn't just have to be defensive players. With Argyle you have to pick your posion you have to decide weather you are gonna try to stop the run or passing game unless you have a ton of talent on defense, I would say im stopping the run and gonna force the qb to beat me. Of course that's easier said than done lol!

Txbroadcaster
09-16-2013, 09:31 PM
I didn't mean that in a mean spirited way, I just know in the past Celina has used that tactic in the past and its worked pretty well. Quan Cosby comes to mind that sucker was beat down by the 4th quarter and didn't want anymore.

he was so beat down he scored a TD with like a minute left...you beat them not because of anything dirrty but your run game kept them off the field

regaleagle
09-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Back to Kennedale, they put up 50 pts. this past week on Wilmer Hutchins. They have 2 backs that average about 350 yds. rushing together each week, and sometimes their qb Hull will keep it. Juwan Washington is the main cog, but they do run that Slot T I believe, and both backs will get yards. I think the watchword for Argyle this week is bend but don't break. They'll use the clock and try to shorten the game substantially to stay with the Eagles. I expect this game to be lower scoring because of their ball control style offense. One thing that doesn't show in the stats on the Argyle side is the fact that most of our points have been scored in the first half all season due to subbing the 2nd teamers in the 2nd half. I'm pretty certain Argyle will have to play the starters most of the way this week because the clock will be running so much. Three and outs would be another way to counter Kennedale's game plan bigtime. I don't think they've had a problem so far this season controlling the ball on offense, though. Good running games can do that. They chip away at yardage and the clock and then break one. They are masters of running their offense and getting just enough blocking to open a hole for their rbs. Conner Wison, Sam Sizelove, and Colton Hinnrichs will be busy this week making stops, imo. I hope it's not wet come Friday. That would favor a running offense with traction also. They know where they're going with the ball, and the defense can only react.

orange machine
09-16-2013, 09:47 PM
he was so beat down he scored a TD with like a minute left...you beat them not because of anything dirrty but your run game kept them off the field

Hey you and Grant can't sit beside me this year if y'all come to the gane y'all are bad luck lol.:vrycnfsd:

orange machine
09-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Back to Kennedale, they put up 50 pts. this past week on Wilmer Hutchins. They have 2 backs that average about 350 yds. rushing together each week, and sometimes their qb Hull will keep it. Juwan Washington is the main cog, but they do run that Slot T I believe, and both backs will get yards. I think the watchword for Argyle this week is bend but don't break. They'll use the clock and try to shorten the game substantially to stay with the Eagles. I expect this game to be lower scoring because of their ball control style offense. One thing that doesn't show in the stats on the Argyle side is the fact that most of our points have been scored in the first half all season due to subbing the 2nd teamers in the 2nd half. I'm pretty certain Argyle will have to play the starters most of the way this week because the clock will be running so much. Three and outs would be another way to counter Kennedale's game plan bigtime. I don't think they've had a problem so far this season controlling the ball on offense, though. Good running games can do that. They chip away at yardage and the clock and then break one. They are masters of running their offense and getting just enough blocking to open a hole for their rbs. Conner Wison, Sam Sizelove, and Colton Hinnrichs will be busy this week making stops, imo. I hope it's not wet come Friday. That would favor a running offense with traction also. They know where they're going with the ball, and the defense can only react.

42 to 14 Argyle

Txbroadcaster
09-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Hey you and Grant can't sit beside me this year if y'all come to the gane y'all are bad luck lol.:vrycnfsd:

LOL..blame Grant

orange machine
09-16-2013, 10:07 PM
LOL..blame Grant

Yea that will work that turd was sitting right beside me.

Argyle seems to be favored on here big time. And I agree they beat Kennedale this year in football.

regaleagle
09-17-2013, 04:19 AM

Yes, this throw-back tactic was used in football for many years and may still work some of the time on some teams. The problem is that while your assigned(or unassigned) defenders are concentrating on having this mindset, they lose a degree of sharpness in reading the play and can be beat more easily. You always have to give up something when you add something else. Suffice it to say something in the defense will be lost using this scheme as a priority. A good team with speed like Argyle has at the skilled positions may burn the defense once this is recognized. Just some thoughts to ponder......................:vrycnfsd: :thinking: :twitch:

King-Kat
09-17-2013, 04:09 PM
I will weigh in on this game. Plainly put, Kennedale is no where near as good as in past years, mostly on defense. Losing 3 linebackers to division 1 schools does not help. What they ARE blessed with on each side of the ball is incredible speed. All for members of the record setting 4x400 rely team are on the football team; now does this mean a lot, only if the ball carrier and defensive player are on the same side of the field. no Argyle offensive or defensive player will straight up out run a Kennedale player, but football is not straight up it is about angles, so who knows. Unfortunately, Kennedale for years has been one show pony...run the ball period. The wing T is a finesse formation and is geared to the run and must be defended properly or it will burn you. Argyle last year did a great job defending Coach Barrett's modified Wing T offense. He does have several wrinkles and it is very hard to beat Kennedale in back to back years, Celina found this out also. I was quite disappointed last year at the bias of the announcers and arrogance of the Argyle fans, maybe with their history they have this right, I don't know. You may need those crying towels once again for Gilmer this year, as for Kennedale I do expect Argyle to know they are in a game and don't expect to see their reserves before halftime. My question are they conditioned to play a complete physical game. I think this will be a great game hard hitting and high scoring and even though I am a die hard life long Kennedale fan, I am not sure they can pull it off but since it is at home and is homecoming I will go ahead and say this is the upset...Ktown 35 Argyle 34

firstdown
09-17-2013, 04:33 PM
I will weigh in on this game. Plainly put, Kennedale is no where near as good as in past years, mostly on defense. Losing 3 linebackers to division 1 schools does not help. What they ARE blessed with on each side of the ball is incredible speed. All for members of the record setting 4x400 rely team are on the football team; now does this mean a lot, only if the ball carrier and defensive player are on the same side of the field. no Argyle offensive or defensive player will straight up out run a Kennedale player, but football is not straight up it is about angles, so who knows. Unfortunately, Kennedale for years has been one show pony...run the ball period. The wing T is a finesse formation and is geared to the run and must be defended properly or it will burn you. Argyle last year did a great job defending Coach Barrett's modified Wing T offense. He does have several wrinkles and it is very hard to beat Kennedale in back to back years, Celina found this out also. I was quite disappointed last year at the bias of the announcers and arrogance of the Argyle fans, maybe with their history they have this right, I don't know. You may need those crying towels once again for Gilmer this year, as for Kennedale I do expect Argyle to know they are in a game and don't expect to see their reserves before halftime. My question are they conditioned to play a complete physical game. I think this will be a great game hard hitting and high scoring and even though I am a die hard life long Kennedale fan, I am not sure they can pull it off but since it is at home and is homecoming I will go ahead and say this is the upset...Ktown 35 Argyle 34

Last year the game was in Argyle right? What exactly did you expect, the announcer to extol the greatness of your team. I was at the game and I didn't notice anything different then what we get when we are visitors. I know the man personally and I promise he was not trying to be bias. As for arrogance I'm sorry that is your perception. I call it confidence. Good luck Friday! BTW there is no way you guys score 35 on our defense even if you include the 14 you got last year.

regaleagle
09-17-2013, 04:48 PM
A truly heart-wrenching post on Kennedale's behalf, King Kat...I'm almost shedding a tear, lol. Let me assure you Argyle has much speed this season, and are tough as nails. Coach Rodgers and his staff have realized what missing ingredients needed to be added to have a chance to compete with the likes of the Gilmers out there if Argyle was to have a chance at a state title. Argyle has about 2/3 the enrollment of Kennedale and other large 3A's, but has still been able to compete head-up in all sports. Gilmer's enrollment is very similar to Argyle's, and they do an excellent job in football. That's why you see the roster of both of these schools comprised of many underclassmen...Argyle has 15 sophs on varsity this season. Just so happens, Argyle has the most seniors in this class ever....30....at least half playing regularly. That's a lot of experience on the field. We were "young" last season, but not this year. This particular class is on a mission to perfection....good luck to the Kennedale Wildcats. This is a football game, and anything can happen.....that's why we play the game. I'm sure your Wildcats will be a great test this week for the Argyle Eagles. As fans, all we can do is cheer and watch. This may turn into a real slobberknocker. May the best team win.

bobcat1
09-17-2013, 06:55 PM
The only way I see a team getting within 28 or Argyle is if they have a defense that holds Argyle to 28. We all know now no one scores until the 3rd string is in.:2thumbsup

firstdown
09-17-2013, 08:25 PM
The only way I see a team getting within 28 or Argyle is if they have a defense that holds Argyle to 28. We all know now no one scores until the 3rd string is in.:2thumbsup

Haha

:evilgrin:

I like the way you think!

Aguilafanatico
09-17-2013, 08:30 PM
I would match Argyle's team speed with most any team in the area, including the 5A teams. Most impressive is while the speed at the skill positions on offense and the defensive backfield is obviuos, the lineman and linebackers on defense are equally quick. They go sideline to sideline at every position and have practiced that from day 1. They are fast, strong, experienced, and well coached. A tough combination. Kennedale should be a worthy opponent but they will have to play one he k of a game to give Argyle their first loss.....or to score the first points vs this starting D.

I guess fortunately for Argyle there will not be a starter gun or a baton present Friday night. Sounds like if they were running a 4x100 relay Argyle wouldn't have a chance. Unfortunately for Kennedale they will be playing inside the track.

regaleagle
09-20-2013, 01:30 PM
I went to Texas Bob's football stadiums and noticed Wildcat stadium has an 8000 seating capacity. That's fairly large for 3A stadiums. Artificial turf should ease any concerns with field conditions....unless it is raining steadily(even lightly) at gametime. Wet turf can be somewhat slick when wet, which favors the offense, and more specifically a strong running team. I don't know what the local forecast is for Kennedale tonite....I'm going to assume it's football weather and the game will be played unless there is the threat of frequent lightning. The attendance may suffer abit, but I'm betting there will still be many Wildcat fans that show up. The Argyle contingent will travel well, but don't expect a full visitor's side. We are only a town of 3500, and 2000 including the student body would be a lot(enrollment 668). I still believe this game will be a low(er) scoring affair than what most predict. I expect Kennedale to use the clock and for the defenses to negate many offensive series. Now with the weather factoring in as well, I'm looking for a score in the 31-14 range. I believe the Wildcats will score on Argyle tonite, but not enough to win.

Matthew328
09-20-2013, 01:52 PM
I went to Texas Bob's football stadiums and noticed Wildcat stadium has an 8000 seating capacity. That's fairly large for 3A stadiums. Artificial turf should ease any concerns with field conditions....unless it is raining steadily(even lightly) at gametime. Wet turf can be somewhat slick when wet, which favors the offense, and more specifically a strong running team. I don't know what the local forecast is for Kennedale tonite....I'm going to assume it's football weather and the game will be played unless there is the threat of frequent lightning. The attendance may suffer abit, but I'm betting there will still be many Wildcat fans that show up. The Argyle contingent will travel well, but don't expect a full visitor's side. We are only a town of 3500, and 2000 including the student body would be a lot(enrollment 668). I still believe this game will be a low(er) scoring affair than what most predict. I expect Kennedale to use the clock and for the defenses to negate many offensive series. Now with the weather factoring in as well, I'm looking for a score in the 31-14 range. I believe the Wildcats will score on Argyle tonite, but not enough to win.

Its Kennedale's homecoming so I'm guessing even with rain they'll have a good crowd

texas_wildcat
09-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Go wildcats

Eagle Nation
09-20-2013, 08:03 PM
13-0 argyle 2q

Eagle Nation
09-20-2013, 08:05 PM
20-0 argyle 9:33 left in the 3nd

Celina8
09-20-2013, 08:36 PM
Pretty much like I thought this game would be. Argyle is just playing like a well oiled machine and they will score on about every offensive series. Then shut you down with their defense.

Eagle Nation
09-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Boyzuick came out in the 2nd half with a cast on his left leg. I was told it was an ankle injury. Rodgers came in after halftime looked better than he has in previous games. Defense looked good it would nice if we could have a competitive game here soon. At least that each the starters could play a full game.

hollywood
09-20-2013, 11:23 PM
Boyzuick came out in the 2nd half with a cast on his left leg. I was told it was an ankle injury. Rodgers came in after halftime looked better than he has in previous games. Defense looked good it would nice if we could have a competitive game here soon. At least that each the starters could play a full game.

Gilmer is foaming at the mouth. Easy what you wish for Eagle. It's Gilmer's year in D2. Sville will be waiting in D1 if Argyle goes that route.
;)

Aguilafanatico
09-21-2013, 01:35 AM
Gilmer is foaming at the mouth. Easy what you wish for Eagle. It's Gilmer's year in D2. Sville will be waiting in D1 if Argyle goes that route.
;)

Foam can cause a gagging reaction, Gilmer should have that checked out. Eagles soar this year!

regaleagle
09-21-2013, 01:51 AM
Yeah...Argyle's starting qb goes down and suddenly everybody comes outta the woodwork talking trash at us. Didn't hear that til now. Shows you how some fans on here must hate Argyle.....or hate the fact they are good at every sport every year, more precisely. Just protecting the territory, folks. It is what it is. The Argyle Eagles players and coaches are to be commended. The fans are very good fans overall, and I don't think anyone one here can speak from an honest perspective and say different.

regaleagle
09-21-2013, 01:57 AM
And as far as you Gilmerites go....well let's just say it's expected from you guys, lol. We don't mind a little banter from y'all because y'all can back it up....on the football field. And besides.....the series is even at 2-2. You have nothing on us....as does most of the rest of 3A. Celina may be the only team we have played thru the years consistently that has a better won/loss record against the Argyle Eagles. And that percentage is beginning to even out very quickly these past few years, lol.

regaleagle
09-21-2013, 02:52 AM
Updated news on Boyzuick and his ankle. Apparently he injured it early in the first quarter blocking for a Sadler end run. He went out then came back in and threw a TD pass to Conner Wilson. In the 2nd quarter, he was split out wide with Sadler at qb. Again, he reinjured it blocking for Sadler on an end run. Coach Rodgers took him out at that point, and Sadler and Cooper Rodgers(junior son of Coach Rodgers/scoped knee in summer) finally saw some action at qb for the rest of the game. Cooper Rodgers went 6-9-0-77 on his line and Sadler went 5-7-0-70 on his line. I think Boyzuick also threw for about 70+ yards and a TD before leaving the game. There's no word on exactly what Boyzuick's injury is, or the severity of it. Boyzuick thinks he can play next week against Wilmer Hutchins....but if I know Coach Rodgers, he'll let him sit and alternate his son Cooper with Sadler at qb. These ankle injuires(sprains) can take weeks to heal if you stay off of them. If you tape it and go, you're looking at months. Boyzuick was in a soft cast and crutches on the sideline to start the 2nd half. He may be better off if it is a fracture of the bone than a severe sprain or strained ligaments.

regaleagle
09-21-2013, 05:02 AM
I cracked my ankle bone my sr. year in the 7th game and was out the rest of the season, but that was in 1972. I think medical technology makes a big difference nowadays. We lost our Bidistrict game that season, so I was technically out all 4 weeks.

Celina8
09-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Regal,

I think Argyle and Gilmer are on a collision course and that game is going to be a lot of fun especially the trash talking on this forum and well you know the other message board I am talking about. You know when a team has that "IT" factor pretty quickly into the season. Argyle has the "IT" factor and I think Gilmer does too. Even with injuries to either team, they have the depth and talent to overcome them. Of course Celina is the team I love, but you can already see that there is a large gap between the level of play and I just do not see even my bobcats being the challenge that we are hoping for this year when the two teams meet.

defense51
09-21-2013, 08:55 AM
Regal,

I think Argyle and Gilmer are on a collision course and that game is going to be a lot of fun especially the trash talking on this forum and well you know the other message board I am talking about. You know when a team has that "IT" factor pretty quickly into the season. Argyle has the "IT" factor and I think Gilmer does too. Even with injuries to either team, they have the depth and talent to overcome them. Of course Celina is the team I love, but you can already see that there is a large gap between the level of play and I just do not see even my bobcats being the challenge that we are hoping for this year when the two teams meet.
I think an Argyle/Gilmer game if it happens this year will be one of those instant classics that's talked about for a long time.

hollywood
09-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Foam can cause a gagging reaction, Gilmer should have that checked out. Eagles soar this year!

Nah, Gilmer is LOAD-ED! I know Argyle has speed.. but Gilmer this year is LOAD-ED. Let me say it again... LOAD-ED.

Josh Walker is a freak of nature. A man child so to speak. He would be able to man handle Sadler alone. If this game happens... like defense51 says... Instant Classic!

Aguilafanatico
09-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Updated news on Boyzuick and his ankle. Apparently he injured it early in the first quarter blocking for a Sadler end run. He went out then came back in and threw a TD pass to Conner Wilson. In the 2nd quarter, he was split out wide with Sadler at qb. Again, he reinjured it blocking for Sadler on an end run. Coach Rodgers took him out at that point, and Sadler and Cooper Rodgers(junior son of Coach Rodgers/scoped knee in summer) finally saw some action at qb for the rest of the game. Cooper Rodgers went 6-9-0-77 on his line and Sadler went 5-7-0-70 on his line. I think Boyzuick also threw for about 70+ yards and a TD before leaving the game. There's no word on exactly what Boyzuick's injury is, or the severity of it. Boyzuick thinks he can play next week against Wilmer Hutchins....but if I know Coach Rodgers, he'll let him sit and alternate his son Cooper with Sadler at qb. These ankle injuires(sprains) can take weeks to heal if you stay off of them. If you tape it and go, you're looking at months. Boyzuick was in a soft cast and crutches on the sideline to start the 2nd half. He may be better off if it is a fracture of the bone than a severe sprain or strained ligaments.

Just to confirm, Brandon's parents said that he rolled it and that it looked like a sprain last night. They were definitely taking precaution putting him in a soft cast and crutches. That said, can't be sure the status of the ankle till they look at it today and X-ray. Sure hope the kid is OK. Hate to see anyone on either side go out with injury.

Otherwise I think young Rodgers played well in spot duty. He made some nice throws and kept the offense moving. I agree with you and would expect if Brandon's ankle is sprained, we will get some rest for the next week or so.

Aguilafanatico
09-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Nah, Gilmer is LOAD-ED! I know Argyle has speed.. but Gilmer this year is LOAD-ED. Let me say it again... LOAD-ED.

Josh Walker is a freak of nature. A man child so to speak. He would be able to man handle Sadler alone. If this game happens... like defense51 says... Instant Classic!

I guess Argyle should call it a season. Gilmer has been anointed. Sounds like they are unstoppable., tehe. Argyle started out playing well as a well coached, talented, experienced team should but have been getting stronger every week. Last night it looked like a Varsity vs Frosh game vs a very good Kennedale team. Make no mistake, Argyle is a force. Would love to see a Gilmer Vs Argyle matchup.....if Gilmer makes it far enough.

Matthew328
09-21-2013, 09:44 AM
I was very impressed with Argyle, they aren't slow by any means but it wasn't their speed that impressed me. It was their balance on offense and the versatility of their weapons. Because Sadler can do so many things defenses can't cheat based on personnel groupings and he can put you in a bind...Kennedale was pretty banged up, I think their OL really struggled and that was the true difference in the game for me..Kennedale doesnt have 3 starters out maybe they are able to get a couple of first downs and rest that defense because they were gased late 2nd quarter...Argyle's defensive line and OL moves very well...they really did a nice job...def. validated their high ranking...

BTW Kennedale has RIDICULOUS facilities for 3A...big time indoor and an awesome meeting room I took a pic of..looks like a college facility

cowboyandchrist
09-21-2013, 10:19 AM
D1 belongs to the Carthage Dawgs this year, last night the Dawgs showed why they are the real deal this year. Boggie drove the Dawgs 78 yards in less than 25 seconds for the winning TD against a very good 4A team. Be it Argyle or the Ville, it makes no difference. The Dawgs will be waiting. I would not count out the Rattlers in DII, their D has not allowed a point so far. Gilmer is the class of DII this year, but the Rattlers and Gram look pretty darn good so far. DI is stacked with good teams, my Dawgs followed by Kilgore, the Ville, and a few others that have a say so this year.

Aguilafanatico
09-21-2013, 10:38 AM
I was very impressed with Argyle, they aren't slow by any means but it wasn't their speed that impressed me. It was their balance on offense and the versatility of their weapons. Because Sadler can do so many things defenses can't cheat based on personnel groupings and he can put you in a bind...Kennedale was pretty banged up, I think their OL really struggled and that was the true difference in the game for me..Kennedale doesnt have 3 starters out maybe they are able to get a couple of first downs and rest that defense because they were gased late 2nd quarter...Argyle's defensive line and OL moves very well...they really did a nice job...def. validated their high ranking...

BTW Kennedale has RIDICULOUS facilities for 3A...big time indoor and an awesome meeting room I took a pic of..looks like a college facility

Agreed on the facilities. Very nice.

defense51
09-21-2013, 10:53 AM
I guess Argyle should call it a season. Gilmer has been anointed. Sounds like they are unstoppable., tehe. Argyle started out playing well as a well coached, talented, experienced team should but have been getting stronger every week. Last night it looked like a Varsity vs Frosh game vs a very good Kennedale team. Make no mistake, Argyle is a force. Would love to see a Gilmer Vs Argyle matchup.....if Gilmer makes it far enough. If the Argyle offense plays like your OC Coach Nanny played in high school, then I feel sorry for any defense they go up against!

Celina8
09-21-2013, 11:20 AM
D1 belongs to the Carthage Dawgs this year, last night the Dawgs showed why they are the real deal this year. Boggie drove the Dawgs 78 yards in less than 25 seconds for the winning TD against a very good 4A team. Be it Argyle or the Ville, it makes no difference. The Dawgs will be waiting. I would not count out the Rattlers in DII, their D has not allowed a point so far. Gilmer is the class of DII this year, but the Rattlers and Gram look pretty darn good so far. DI is stacked with good teams, my Dawgs followed by Kilgore, the Ville, and a few others that have a say so this year.

The Rattlers are the second largest school in District 18 so they are going DI this year no matter what the outcome. Aubrey lost to Pilot Point last night after the Bearcats scored 21 points in the 4th quarter with one touchdown being made in the last few seconds of the game to pull out a victory 28 to 21. With only 5 teams in District I am pretty sure Frisco Lone Star and Ranchview will go D1 with Argyle and Celina going D2.

Aguilafanatico
09-22-2013, 03:54 PM
I think Kennedale will win this game. they have lost to two really good 4A teams Crowley will go deep in playoffs and ML will go at least two rounds deep. . . . . . . . Dont count the cats out yet. Kennedale 45-42

You got the 45 right.

texas_wildcat
09-22-2013, 04:01 PM
I have been to a lot of football game in my life and i have never seen a football team play as good as Argyle did. I really thought tha Kennedale had a shout but we see how that went. cant wait to go to the state chp. game with Argyle in it.

Aguilafanatico
09-22-2013, 04:14 PM
I have been to a lot of football game in my life and i have never seen a football team play as good as Argyle did. I really thought tha Kennedale had a shout but we see how that went. cant wait to go to the state chp. game with Argyle in it.

A lot of football left to play. Argyle did play their best game of the year Friday on both sides of the ball. Kennedale could not afford to get behind and once they did I figured it would be tough.

Good luck the rest of the year!

regaleagle
09-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Argyle held Kennedale to 129 total yds( 200+ below their season avg.) while amassing 462 without their starting qb for most of the night. Argyle had 222 yds. passing to 10 different recievers, and rb Ralston gained 120+ yds on just 16 carries, even with other players dividing up the carries. Here's a look at Argyle's remaining schedule:

Week 4 @ Wilmer Hutchins: Argyle wins
Week 5 vs Dallas Madison: Argyle wins
Week 6 @ Carrollton Ranchview: Argyle wins
Week 7 BYE WEEK
Week 8 vs Frisco Lone Star: who knows?
Week 9 @ Aubrey: Argyle wins
Week 10 vs Celina: Game of the Week

orange machine
09-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Argyle held Kennedale to 129 total yds( 200+ below their season avg.) while amassing 462 without their starting qb for most of the night. Argyle had 222 yds. passing to 10 different recievers, and rb Ralston gained 120+ yds on just 16 carries, even with other players dividing up the carries. Here's a look at Argyle's remaining schedule:

Week 7 BYE WEEK
Week 10 vs Celina: Game of the Week

Ah I think y'all should be just fine until the 3rd round of the playoffs where y'all will meet Gilmer then y'all will need to buckle down.

ccmom
09-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Regal, do you plan to try see the Eagles play this season?

bobcat1
09-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Regal, do you plan to try see the Eagles play this season?:stirpot:

bobcat1
09-22-2013, 05:33 PM

Week 7 BYE WEEK
Week 10 vs Celina: Game of the Week Come on man. Say what you really think. We all know what it is.

regaleagle
09-22-2013, 06:30 PM
The season starts for me when Argyle plays Celina. After that, it just depends on that week's matchup. Next will probably be Gilmer, and hopefully a couple of more games after that.....and then JerryWorld again. OH YEAH....football heaven, baby.

regaleagle
09-22-2013, 06:51 PM
For the present, I'll hang around here and catch a few more local games....Fred won again against Lampasas 24-7. But it just ain't the same, lol. The fans aren't near as rabid here, either. Maybe when they play Wimberley it'll get better, I dunno.

regaleagle
09-22-2013, 06:59 PM
When I go see Argyle now, my son usually goes with me and he can see all his alma mater buddies and talk about those years as we cheer the team on to victory. No sense doing that til it gets down to crunch time. Celina is a special game.....that's always crunchtime. Then there's Gilmer and the road to Jerryworld, wherever that might be that week. Last stop is everybody's favorite....if your team can get there.

ccmom
09-22-2013, 07:17 PM
When I go see Argyle now, my son usually goes with me and he can see all his alma mater buddies and talk about those years as we cheer the team on to victory. No sense doing that til it gets down to crunch time. Celina is a special game.....that's always crunchtime. Then there's Gilmer and the road to Jerryworld, wherever that might be that week. Last stop is everybody's favorite....if your team can get there.
I just found out the other day that one of my coworkers graduated from Argyle. I think she said she was in the 2nd graduating class ever. She never mentioned it until the day after Argyle kicked our butts!! Haha

regaleagle
09-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Yeah, there's just not a big number out there that have graduated from Argyle yet, lol. About 11 yrs. worth from 2a to now 3a. Although I think the graduating classes are batting 100%, that total has to very low at this juncture, haha. But I reckon some did make it out west(2 hrs.) in their search for paradise lost. At least she can watch the Wylie Bulldogs do their deal. Now you're gonna hafta make her a convert. Good luck with that, lol.

refereedoc
09-22-2013, 08:37 PM

How short is your memory when Tyler Jones threw 8 touchdowns against the Wildcats in round 2 last year?

regaleagle
09-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Now, don't be trying to jog a man's memory when he's trying to be complimentary, refereedoc.....didn't your mama teach you any manners, hahaha.

ccmom
09-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Yeah, there's just not a big number out there that have graduated from Argyle yet, lol. About 11 yrs. worth from 2a to now 3a. Although I think the graduating classes are batting 100%, that total has to very low at this juncture, haha. But I reckon some did make it out west(2 hrs.) in their search for paradise lost. At least she can watch the Wylie Bulldogs do their deal. Now you're gonna hafta make her a convert. Good luck with that, lol.
She married a Bulldog and sat on the Wylie side at the game so I think the conversion process is well on its way. ;) They also just bought a house in WISD so their son can be a Bulldog. I bet there was some trash talk that night, though. ;)

regaleagle
09-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Ima wonderin' what it was like at beddie nite-nite time, huh? I reckon I can guess who won that one too, haha.

texas_wildcat
09-23-2013, 04:20 PM
How short is your memory when Tyler Jones threw 8 touchdowns against the Wildcats in round 2 last year?

Argyle is better

hollywood
09-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Argyle is better

Is Kennedale better this season or last?