PDA

View Full Version : La Grange hosts Needville

Pudlugger
09-14-2013, 09:34 AM
The Leps will come into this game with an offense that has scored an average of 47 points and a 3-0 record. Needville (0-3) will have its hands full containing the Leps. The Leopard bench will get another opportunity to improve with more playing time in this Homecoming game. Leps by 30+.

Pudlugger
09-15-2013, 07:40 AM
The Lep offense is really impressive. They have so many weapons it will be very hard for defenses to stop them either on the run or the pass. Qb Davis has emerged as a threat on the run as well as an efficient passer. Except for 2 long passes to open wrs last Friday that sailed long with a tailwind he was hitting his receivers in stride over the middle and on flag routes. Freshman Dobbins must of had 150 yards off of punt and kick returns and made a big gainer on a fake punt. He is very hard to tackle due to his speed and shifty running style and will be a huge asset for the Leps now and the next three years. Our O line has to be one of the best in my 19 years following this team. Davis has plenty of time to find an open receiver and if there are none he can run out of the pocket with blockers downfield. #3 Filmore and #5 Hutchison have been burning up the defenses running threw huge holes created by the O line. If the Lep defensive secondary can tighten up on the pass coverage this team will go far this year. Oh and special teams have shown great improvement in returns and kick coverage. Our kicker #16 Cerda is 19 for 19 on PATs.

YTBulldogs
09-15-2013, 08:49 AM
Lep's by as much as they want here.

Scoop27
09-15-2013, 07:08 PM
I agree-especially after Needville was shutout by only fair Class 2A Boling team

Saggy Aggie
09-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Needville isn't AS bad as they have been the last couple years, but LG is still going to get an easy win.

Needville has a decent defense and some big lineman up front, but they have 0 passing game.

I'll take LG 35-7.

regaleagle
09-15-2013, 07:17 PM
This one will get ugly by halftime. But hey....it's homecoming and the starters could use an easy game. And then there's after the game activities.

Manso/V8
09-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Is this the normal non-district schedule for LaGrange?........playing the down teams in 25A must feel good after the spanking 26A took last year.

hookandladder
09-16-2013, 06:26 AM
Same schedule as last year and I beleive schedules are based on two years committment's, when our District was changed up a couple years ago we had to redo our Non District schedule at the last minute. It is not our problem that your down teams in your District are so weak, you guys played Giddings last week and beat them 14-0. Is Giddings that good this year or did you guys just play bad, you talk about D-25 but I surely remember us and you guys and Sealy all in the same District for a number of years. We have no problem coming and playing you guys, last I remember we have beat you guys 2 out 4 maybe 3 out 4 in the last 4 years. Bring on the Bulls, no fear here in LG.

hookandladder
09-16-2013, 06:38 AM
I will go with the Leps on this one. Just like last year 48-0 at the half maybe 55-0 , starter will not play more then 2 quarters this week and next. Amazing what a couple years will do for a high school program, three years ago Needville, Canyon Lake, BR and Columbus were all having good success and now are one of the weakest teams in their District. It's all about coaching , Not- you have to have athlete's.

Pudlugger
09-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Is this the normal non-district schedule for LaGrange?........playing the down teams in 25A must feel good after the spanking 26A took last year.

Well, things may be different this year. As for our pre-district schedule it is not our fault that teams we agreed to play 3 years ago are not carrying their weight in D26. We beat a decent Marble Falls team that beat a good Burnet team Friday and Columbus will win 5 games this year. The 3 others, well, not so much. Gonzales will be the first district game and will be a challenge for the Leps. It is very possible the Leps will meet the Brahmas this year in the playoffs. That would be interesting.