PDA

View Full Version : yoakum 7- edna 6

bd62
11-15-2003, 06:49 PM
yoakum plays liberty hill next saturday at 2pm at buda. hays h.s. stadium

44INAROW
11-15-2003, 07:50 PM
bd62:
yoakum plays liberty hill next saturday at 2pm at buda. hays h.s. stadiumCongrats to the Bulldogs. Good Luck against LH

Old Green
11-15-2003, 09:51 PM
Congrats Yoakum on the win.

bd62. Give us the lowdown on the Game.

o'cowboy
11-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Old Green, Edna scored on a long run in the 1st Qrt and Yoakum had a nice drive in the 3rd, Both defenses played well. and you guys can from Cuero should be able to visualize this.......Jessie Crowbaby half way on the field for 48 mins Crying..... The refs decided this game and that was a shame. There were several Questionable calls. I realize that there are bad calls that can go both ways but the Refs should not affect the outcome of the game and today they did. Shame on them!!! Enough Crying from me now(Had to get it off my chest)

whtfbplaya
11-15-2003, 11:14 PM
Coach Crow can get on the refs with the best of em. Its just his nature at game time.

bd62
11-16-2003, 12:54 AM
old green the coaches stressed all week that we better be ready for a war because they knew that menfee would have edna ready to get after us. kids sometimes have to learn first hand and they did.i think in the back of there mind they thought that we beat them once and we will do it again.the coaches reminded them of what happen last year when edna beat us early in year and then we beat them in playoffs. bottom line we were very lucky to win that game today.
i know edna has been thru a lot with injuries and one player moving to bay city . but that bunch of kids hung in there and got to playoffs in a very tough dist.. my hats off to the edna coaching staff and there players for representing edna very well.

CowboyFan
11-16-2003, 09:23 AM
Refs Refs Refs! Argh, both teams faught that game out but there were to many questionable calls, in something like a playoff game as close as this one, the refs took the game out of the players and coaches hands and decided the outcome on there own... yea I'm still upset about that game! Good luck next year Edna!! Oh well see yall next year!

<small>[ November 16, 2003, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: CowboyFan ]</small>

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2003, 10:37 AM
You know, we had the same problem with the refs last year in our game against Yoakum. I don't believe that refs should be biased. Congrats, Yoakum, on your win. We'll see you Saturday.

underware
11-17-2003, 09:51 AM
Yup, sure were a lot of questionable calls at this game. Especially when one Edna player was all by himself in the backfield and dropped the ball. Yeah, the refs lost the game for ya.